[Syliras Gates] Questioning Passerby (Stitch)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Scia Ritor on December 6th, 2010, 12:34 pm

Winter 1, 510 A.V.
Late Morning

Scia drifted up and down the road leading to the gates, a ghostly pacing of sorts. The sun had risen over the cold fields, and people had begun to truly move about their daily business. A man coming into the city passed by the ghost, and Scia strained to materialize, brushing his shoulder to get his attention. "Excuse me, sir, have you seen or heard news of a ghostly woman, perhaps lost, or in search of her husband?" he asked politely. When the man answered in the negative and moved on to the guards, the ghost sighed, dematerializing.

The gates were a great place to figure out if anyone had seen his lovely Jean, in theory. Those coming into the great city of Syliras could bring news from afar, however unlikely, and those leaving the city could tell him if she had been seen within. So far, however, his new idea for finding his wife had turned up no results; as they always did. But Scia Ritor would not give up, he had to find his wife. Perhaps he could try the Haunted Falls, wherever that was; during one of his questionings someone had mentioned such a place. Scia had no idea where that was, but it was full of ghosts. Perhaps Jean had gone there, thinking that it was a good place to meet up with other ghosts, thinking they would meet there.

Shaking his translucent head to get his thoughts back into reality, Scia looked up and down the path, searching for his next target for questions.
Last edited by Scia Ritor on December 19th, 2010, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scia Ritor
Player

Words: 4122
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Stitch on December 11th, 2010, 4:25 am

Stitch walked back and forth right outside of the gates, mumbling under his breath to himself, shivering violently as the cold wind whipped at his body. The former orphanage owner was a sight to see, especially in the middle of winter. He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt and long britches, which anyone would know was way too little clothing for the common winter weather. It appeared he himself had not yet learned this, as here he was, out braving the harsh winds and frigid air. This was not nearly the oddest thing about him, though. If the ghost was to glance at the shivering man, he would notice something much stranger than his clothing. The man was blind.

He walked to and fro, dodging back and forth between people that were leaving the gate, acting very much like a normal man should (Aside from the short-sleeves in freezing weather). However, upon first glance, one would notice that his eyes were wrapped in bandages. Several of them. There was no possible way that he could see. Yet there he was, acting as if nothing was wrong.

After a few more moments of pacing and mumbling, Stitch straightened himself, flexing his cold body. Almost instantly, he huddled over again, frantically rubbing at his arms, the shivers returning to his limber body. For as many muscles as the man had rippling through his naked arms, it didn't seem his strength could protect him from nature. Taking a deep breath, he stood tall and hurriedly stomped away from the gates, right at the translucent ghost. "This one can do this. It isn't THAT far of a hike to Taldera, is it? Perhaps this one can just buy a horse and a few warm cloaks, and do it that way... That could be a lot of money, though..."

He got about as far out as Scia currently was, which was only a few dozen feet, and instantly stopped. "Shyke, it is cold. This one IS going to have to buy a horse. Perhaps find a guide. And get some warm clothes." Stitch sighed, sitting down right in the middle of the road, crossing his arms and grumbling like a spoiled child.

Then, as if wanting to prove that he was an even stranger man than most people first took him for... He actually tilted his head right at the ghost, and then spoke to him! "Hello, milord. This one can't help but ask... What are you? You look a bit different than most. You are... faded. Are you sick, milord?"

This one was full of surprises, it seemed. Magical surprises, if Scia was familiar with such a thing.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Scia Ritor on December 11th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Scia stared at a strange man, not dressed enough for the winter, pacing about. Scia himself was probably dressed too lightly for the weather, too, but it made no difference to the ethereal being. His overalls and shirt were simply aesthetic, after all. As the strange man approached him, the ghost took in details of his appearance. Bandages covered his eyes, certainly obstructing his view, yet he at least claimed to be able to see him, to see that Scia was "faded" as he put it.

"I am but a ghost," he replied, "many have seen some wander about, though we are rare compared to living humans. I am certainly not ailed by illness of any kind, though I am dead, in a way." The ghost crossed his arms in front of his chest and cocked an eyebrow, continuing, "Though I wonder how you can see at all, with all that," Scia gesticulated vaguely at his bandaged eyes, "blocking your eyes. Are you a wizard of some kind?"

Scia Ritor had never met a wizard to the best of his knowledge, nor did he know the first thing about magic, but he also didn't know of any way to see through thick bandages without magic. He also didn't know of any way to do it with magic, but he he wouldn't have been surprised if it could be done.
Scia Ritor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Stitch on December 16th, 2010, 4:29 am

The humorous thing was, it really wasn't all that cold. It never really was this time of year in Syliras. Near the middle of Winter, the temperature would drop a couple of degrees, but this early in the season? It was slightly chilly, at best. Glancing around, almost everyone else was wearing long sleeves and long britches, but they were acting as if they were quite comfortable with the weather. Even the random gusts of wind weren't bothering them. But here Stitch was, sitting in the very center of the road, looking like a little child about to throw a tantrum. He was giving off these really hard shivers every now and then, too. Apparently he didn't handle any kind of cold very well.

Scia spoke, and Stitch's features consorted in shock, the blind man quickly hopping from the ground and scurrying a few paces back. "A ghost! Are you here to haunt me? Are you an evil ghost? Do you commit murders, and cause all sorts of horrific happenings? My old master used to tell this one horrible stories about ghosts! Blood running down walls, the sounds of crying children... swarms of bugs flooding from the walls!" Stitch threw up his hands, holding them in front of his face, bending his knees in a crouch. The fool of a man had just put himself in a fighting pose. "Don't think you can scare this one! This one is quite brave, and has seen many horrors in his days! A simple ghost is nothing! This one can deal with the blood and screams! This one stands strong in the face of-" Stitch paused, his features turning white for a split second. He swallowed hard, and continued on, mumbling the last word. "-bugs."

He apparently didn't like bugs.

He sat there for a moment, cautiously eyeballing the ghost in his own special way. That would explain why the aura of the being was so dim. He wasn't alive! He was just a faded apparition, and was barely part of this world! Stitch didn't know the mechanics behind his Auristics, but he could generally puzzle it out. Living things have bright auras, dead things have no auras. Half-dead things have faded, flickering auras.

Stitch let the awkward silence continue for the moment, and then abruptly answered Scae's questions. It was a surprise he had even noticed them, with the way he had been babbling on. "This one uses a magic called 'Auristics' to see. It is a bit complex, but it allows this one a magical sight. This one wouldn't really refer to himself as a wizard, though. This one barely knows any of the details about his magical art. This one just knows it helps him see." Stitch paused again, then suddenly blurted out his own question. "And what do you do, as a ghost? Are the stories true?"
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Scia Ritor on December 16th, 2010, 12:14 pm

The man's insane ravings scared Scia nearly as much as his own ghostliness scared the blind man. Drifting back a meter or so to put some distance between them, despite it being impossible that the man could harm him, Scia stared at the man wearily, floating up and down a few inches in unease.

"I certainly do not, nor have ever done, any of those things," Scia replied in a tone slightly annoyed but more baffled than anything else. Continuing, he explained his mission, "I am simply searching for my ghostly wife so that we may be together forever more. I don't suppose you've 'seen'," Scia emphasized the word, unsure of whether or not it was the proper term, "another like me, but a woman, by the name of Jean? Perhaps searching for her husband, me, Scia?"

This one seemed hopeless, but he knew that he had to be thorough. It would have been the ultimate irony to have skipped the one person that knew something about Jean, his wife.
Scia Ritor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Stitch on December 20th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Stitch cocked his head at the ghost, chewing his lower lip in thought, studying the faded aura. The creature didn't look as if he was bluffing. Scrunching his brow, Stitch slowly lowered his raised hands, letting them fall to his sides. Stepping forward, a cautious look still written across his face, he offered a hand to the ghost. "Ah, so you are one of those ghosts. You are the ones that are still bound to this world because of lost loves, or because you were unjustly murdered. A tragic ghost." Stitch's face twitched, and then twisted into sadness, the man swinging from emotion to emotion quite quickly. "And even as a tragic ghost, you still look for your lost love! How romantic!" Stitch stretched his hand out further, eagerly offering the specter a hearty handshake. "This one will be happy to assist you, milord!"

Only a few awkward moments would have to pass before Stitch realized his blunder. Blushing a bright red, he yanked back the hand he had extended, quickly apologizing. "Ah, this one is sorry. Since this one can see you in his own special way, this one forgets that you are a ghost, and therefor have ghostly features. Can you really even interact with this world, beyond appearing as a ghostly specter, and allowing one to hear your voice?"

Stitch went back to wrapping his arms around himself, shivering a bit, apparently remembering how cold he was. With his teeth chattering just a bit, he spoke quickly, offering a bit of advice to the ghost. "There is a place in Syliras called 'Ethereal Notions', a Spiritism shop that may be able to help you. There is also a place in the Wildlands called the 'Haunted Falls'. It is a place where dozens, if not hundreds of ghosts are said to gather. Perhaps you will have some luck with your tragic quest there, milord."

Stitch paused, and then tilted his head down, bowing it before the Specter in front of him. "This one knows nothing of the lady you speak of, but this one hopes his advice will help you find her."
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Scia Ritor on December 20th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Scia studied his hand as the man extended it for a handshake. He could have materialized and shook it, in a fashion, though it would have been quite the uncomfortable handshake for the both of them. The ghost didn't enjoy being grouped in with "tragic" ghosts, as it sounded quite negative, nor did he enjoy being patronizingly called "romantic." But this man knew something. A lead. He hadn't had a lead in weeks.

He began explaining, "I can do a bit, though not much, I'm afraid. Move little objects; I'm getting better at that. Make myself a bit more solid, with effort." Scia decided not to mention possession; that would tend to spook the living a bit more than his other abilities.

The Haunted Falls sounded promising, and if he didn't find anything there, he would simply come back to Syliras to go to Ethereal Notions. Scia had never been out to the wildlands, however, and although as a ghost little could harm him, he could easily become lost. "Do you know the way to the Haunted Falls, then?" the ghost asked him excitedly, "I think there sounds like an excellent place, if you could just tell me the way."
Scia Ritor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Stitch on December 22nd, 2010, 6:45 am

Stitch nodded, a broad and genuine smile breaking across his face. The excitement that the ghost couldn't contain told a lot about him, and his love for his lost wife. For a moment, Stitch felt his heart twist, even though it was filled with happiness for the spector. Stitch had once had a wife that he had loved, hopefully just as much as this man. Was she perhaps still of this world? Stitch didn't think so. She had been so full of life and love, of happiness and joy. Death wouldn't have been enough to set her back. Even in death, she would still shine brightly, just as she had in life. She would pass away just fine, and be swept into the reincarnation cycle without a second though. She believed all things happened for a reason. Even her own death.

Clearing his throat, Stitch forced the smile wider. It was a nice smile, if Scia really cared to notice. Even if Stitch was putting some effort on keeping it on his face, the happy emotion behind it was true.

"The Haunted Falls... It is about six days northwest of Syliras." Stitch pointed in the direction he was talking about, cocking his head towards the area. "This one had considering going there at one point to attempt and help some of the restless souls... But this one isn't really trained for such a thing, and other... things came up." Stitch paused a moment, his head pointed towards the location, his features twisting into a thoughtful expression. After a few more moments of private mulling, he turned back to Scia, the soft smile returning to his face.

"There is a large bridge that passes over the peak of the falls. The bridge is part of a road which was once traveled between Sunberth and Zeltiva, but which is now in disuse. Any of the knights would be able to give you detailed instructions to the actual road. It may have been an old part of the Kabrin road, but this one is not sure."
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Stitch on February 8th, 2011, 4:34 am

It was surprising how quickly the Ghost vanished after being informed of his destination. With a quick nod and a smile, the Ghost flickered from sight, likely just to focus his energy on traveling. With a soft sigh, Stitch bowed his head, trudging back to the gates of Syliras. He was going to have to do the same, but he was going to have to get someone to help him.

He couldn't even survive the Wilderness that was a few paces outside of Syliras.
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Leviathan on March 5th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Thread Award!
Stitch

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Auristics 1 --
Interrogation 1 --
Intimidation 1 Attempting to be intimidating sometimes pays off

Lore
Ghostly Tragedy
Auristics: The Faded Aura

Scia

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Materialization 1 --

Lore
Sight of Auras

Additional CommentsComments
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook