PM to join A Course of a Wolf Pack (Dove)

Ferrin follows a trail of Wolf pawprints. And encounters Dove.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

A Course of a Wolf Pack (Dove)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 3rd, 2015, 11:06 pm

Ferrin

Ferrin was too distracted with his own encounter to assist Dove with her fight. Hers seemed to be up until after he had heard the second help of her wolf. The wolf that's is snarling and lying on top of Ferrin still snapping and snarling at Ferrin. Saliva dripped down on Ferrins face and he wished it never had. The sticky and stenchy liquid on his face made Ferrin want to finish the life of this wolf even more so. Perhaps kill it two times over would be good? Dove seemed to have kept returning to the ground. Because that wolf just won't give up, none of them will. Unless they're dead.

The wolf that Dove was facing, seemed to of a lesser match for the female. She made it yelp a few times and it had gotten the attention of the other wolf that was trying to focus on Ferrin. The wolf was smarter than Ferrin had hoped it not be. Ferrin wanted it to be a distraction, so he can somewhat kill this animal. Ferrin tried to think of a way to not get killed by the beast. If Dove perhaps kept the other wolf in pain, maybe he can get a nice blow on his own wolf? And then another yelp came from the other wolf. Ferrin had to act quick now. There are arrows lying about around the ground, especially with one of the arrows nearest to Ferrin. It's reachable, but it isn't the only arrow scattered about. The arrow that is closest to Ferrins reach is on his right. He places all of his strength that he can muster into his left, even though it was more challenging, Ferrins muscles on his left side ached as if they had already done enough for the day. Swiftly, he released his hold with his right hand, got a grasp with the arrow and thrusting the arrow into the neck of the beast.

It whimpered and yelped in pain, and all of the energy the beast had had. It didn't have it anymore. It simply fell on Ferrin, and Ferrin made an "Omph" kind of sound. Ferrin hastily pushed the wolf out of the way and onto the earthen ground. Getting up wasn't so bad afterwards, besides the fact that his legs and hands were shaking. Surprisingly though, this isn't his first time experiencing a near-death situation while in the woods. Seemingly hunting.

He looked for Dove, quickly he found her struggling with the third wolf that is gnawing,snarling, and growling all at the same time. It seemed that the wolf had a nice tight grasp on Doves' arm. "I'm coming." He thought quickly. He unsheathed his short broadsword and ran over to the beast. The wolf seemed to have been unable to see him, or it was still occupied with Dove trying to finish her off. Ferrin raised his sword, and punctured the beast with the sharpened blade. The wolf yelped and had fallen over. Lifeless on the ground unable to see another day. Ferrin smiled, relieved that he and Dove were still alive. "Are you alright, Dove? I can help you up. Here take my hand."Ferrin said simple calming voice. He offered his hand to Dove."Glad its over now."Ferrin said swimmingly. "Dove, would you want to still look for those goats of yours, or do you want to go back and we can get your arm mended?"

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dove Brown on December 5th, 2015, 6:12 pm

Dove looked from the offered hand to both of hers, which were still occupied. She tucked the sling through her belt and accepted the offer with her now free hand. Once on her feet, she unwound the cloak from her arm, grimacing when she saw a long tear in it - she'd have to mend that, and sooner rather than later - and pushed up her sleeve to examine her arm. The first bruises were already blackening where the wolf had caught her, and it hurt. The skin didn't seem to be broken though. She flexed her fingers to test function. They all worked. So, when she moved them cautiously, did her wrist and elbow, though the bruising just below her wrist promised to be spectacular. "It's not too bad. It'll heal, and nothing seems to be broken. The cloak definitely helped when the wolf got me. Or tried to."

She cautiously prodded the nearest wolf with her booted toe, but Ferrin had done a good job of killing it. "The skins ought to be worth something..." she broke off as a bleat caught her attention, and turned. There were hoofprints in the dirt, now scuffed and blurred from being rolled on in the fight. She followed them with her eyes as they vanished into a large thicket of prickly bushes. "I wonder... maybe that's why the wolves were up here." A stride towards it quickly turned into a limp as her hip informed her in no uncertain terms that it too had been bruised when she fell.

She crossed more slowly to the bush and carefully pulled aside a thorny branch. The larger of the two goats was backed in there, out of reach within the thorns. As she looked, another bleat reached her ears from behind the first goat and she craned her neck to see a small half-grown goat caught in the thorns where the older, larger, one had herded it to safety. "Don't need to look. Getting them out might be more of a problem, but they''re here, and alive."
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 6th, 2015, 4:43 am

Ferrin

Dove hurried off, following the trail of hoofprints. That looked to be made by the goats. Ferrin picked up his arrows, putting them in his quiver. He hurried over to Dove. She seemed to have found the Goats. "Don't need to look. Getting them out might be more of a problem, but they''re here, and alive." Ferrin thought for a moment, wondering how they can get the goats out from behind the throne bush."Maybe we could lure them out somehow?" Ferrin asked curiously. There didn't seem to be much of anything that can be of use around the two. Ferrin did promise that he would help Dove with the goats.

The question is, what is the best way of getting them out? Distractions, a trail of feed? Ah but we don't have any feed. And then a thought popped into Ferrins mind. "Wait, aren't there fruit trees around here? Would your goats eat fruit? Maybe we can lure them out that way. And I can possibly cut a path wide enough that can fit the goats? Would that work?" He took a deep breath and sighed. Probably thinking now that that suggestion

Everything seemed so peaceful now. All but the goats and the whistling wind. Winds blew ever so slightly, but brought with them cold. The leaves remaining shuffled along with the blows as if the leaves and the wind are connected as one. There is a goat though, pulling another out of a bush. And hauling it too safety.
oocSorry about the length. Hope you can make something out of it.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dove Brown on December 8th, 2015, 8:26 pm

"Goats eat pretty much anything," Dove said, remembering some of the cheap milks she'd choked down over the years. A goat's milk tasted of whatever it had eaten recently, and the one that had gotten into the docks and eaten tarred rope had been - memorable. It was only hunger that had let her keep that one down. She looked round, spotted a tuft of grass poking up through the leaves and pulled it up. "You'll probably have to cut the little one out though - and if you could, that would be great."

She held out the grass and the bigger goat pulled itself free and came to eat it. Dove grabbed it by the horn and held on as it narrowed yellow eyes at the wolf carcasses. It would have been better if she had a rope to tether it with, or lead it with, but she didn't. She would have to make do, unless Ferrin had something. "The wolves are dead, goat-brain," she told it crossly, "now leave them be." Her arm hurt more as the adrenalin wore off and had swollen a little so that she had less flexibility there. She grited her teeth against the pain, and went on, trying not to reveal how much it hurt, until she could get home and curl up and nurse her arm. If it hadn't been for the cloak, she would have been much worse off, and a small part of her mind was aready coming up with plans and tactics to cope better nxt time she had to do somethig ike that in a fight.

Everything was very quiet all of a sudden. Almost too quiet - there were none of the little noises that meant small creatures getting on wih their lives. It made her strain her ears trying to hear what had left things so danerously quiet, but hear nothing, nothing and more nothing. She supposed it had gone quiet with the wolves and the fight, but now she almost hoped to hear something. Everyday noises would mean that there were no more wolves about to pounce.

Dove Brown

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 8th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Ferrin

"I can manage to cut out a wide enough pathway for the goat "A few bite marks revealed onto Ferrins left hand. It didn't hurt much though and he was still able to bend the fingers. So the nerves still work. Ferrin unsheathed his short broadsword and and started to cut off the branches of the thorn-like bush. The blade though, is surprisingly good enough to get the job done. In a matter of chimes Ferrin successfully cut out a path for the helpless goat. It knickered and looked at Dove. Hoping that she brought grass for him. " There's grass all over the place. Just ignore the wolves." He smiled teasingly at the goat. It probably didn't understand him, but it licked Dove and grazed near its sister. Ferrin took a look at Dove, she held tightly to the larger goat. He figured that he would have to hold the other one, preventing it to run away again. "I don't have anything that can herd these goats. Sorry about that, but if I knew I would've bought something beforehand " Ferrin said with a small smile, almost feeling guilty. But it wasn't necessarily his fault though, the goats ran off. Let's just leave it at that.

Ferrin sheathed his short broadsword and grabbed the other goat that was grazing, by a horn. It didn't seem to care, maybe it thought that this was some awkward way of affection? Well Ferrin hoped so, otherwise it would have had tried to toss Ferrin about and maybe pull out his arm socket. Ferrin was glad though that it reacted calmly. Maybe it's used to the grabs." Off to the Mythryn then?" He asked her."Maybe we can get your arm mended sooner, that would be good..." Ferrin pause, taking in a small breath....Also it's getting dark. We should hurry before the other wolves; if there are others. We should hurry before the moon rises." He said still gripping on one of the goats horns. His other hand still throbbed, he should clean it once he is near a water source before it gets infected. Ferrin started walking towards the Mythryn with Dove at his side. Now it is quite, but more of a good quite. The wolves can be left there and hopefully nothing will touch them so Ferrin can retrieve there pelts. The insects are buzzing about and squirrels are running freely without worry. And it just feels peaceful, and Ferrin likes it that way. "So your were talking about how you grew up in Syliras and moved to the Mythryn? How come your family decided to move there? " Hopefully it wasn't too much of a personal question. Ferrin certainly hoped not. They still trudged along the clearing just reaching the edge, pass these woods is an open field one that is less treacherous to travel by. Which is something that Ferrin can gladly appreciate.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dove Brown on December 10th, 2015, 5:06 pm

"I was born in Mithryn," Dove said, picking her way carefully across the forest floor. She chose her words as carefully as her footing, unwilling to reveal too much right now. A squirrel darted across the path ahead and up a tree, and she relaxed a little. The fields were visible now. "When I was twelve, my father decided he liked Syliras better than Mithryn, so that's where we lived for a while. He still lives up there, but I came back to Mithryn once I was old enough. The cottage I was born in now belongs to someone else though. Just as well, perhaps - I can make mine my own that way."

She didn't actually want to live in her childhood cottage. The memories there were too bad and ran too deep. Better to have somewhere without those memories. Somewhere that was just hers, where she could make new memories. Better memories. "And you?" she asked, leading the way through the encroaching twilight to the animal pens. At least the goat wasn't trying to escape. "Have you lived in Syliras long?"

She listened to his answer as they navigated the walls and fields. When they reached the guarded pens, she sent her goat running inside with a smack from her good hand, and indicated Ferrin should do the same. She nodded to the guards and turned away to the main part of the outpost. Looking back at Ferrin, she said awkwardly, "I appreciate the help. You'd best stay the night in the outpost. You'll not get back to Syliras in the dark." She smiled apologetically. "I can't offer much more than a patch of floor myself, something to eat, and water to clean your hand. If you want more than that, there's an inn in the outpost - The Fool's Errand - and Brady at the general store patches people up."

Dove Brown

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 10th, 2015, 11:28 pm

Ferrin

As they reached the gates Dove slapped one of the goats on the back to push them into the fenced in area. She motioned Ferrin to do the same and so he did. She responded to Ferrins inquiry somewhat cautiously. Did she not trust him? She asked the young hunter the same. "Well, actually I wasn''t within the Sylira Domain." He said cautiously. "I actually traveled quite far to get here. You can say that I came from the Cyphrus Domain." Ferrin said with a hopeless like kind of tone. He didn't like to think of home, especially after he had left his parents and family when things were hard. He just couldn't take all of the pressure and distress. It was just a bit to much for him. He always questioned though, how his parents could manage and take in all of the pressure. But with Ferrin gone, it would probably be different for them. And his siblings. "I have arrived in Syliras mid-summer. Been staying there ever since." Stay at the Mithryn? Ferrin hasn't even visited this place at his stay, even more so talk about it. The Mithyrn certainly was a place built for protection. Although, it wouldn't hurt staying. Will it?

The offer for staying at Dove's hand was nice, but he wished he could stay in his own room, at the Heralds Arms. Or well actually since the Heralds Arms were constantly busy. A nice quite cottage seemed better then a noisy Inn. So Ferrin accepted the offer. "Ok, I don't mind sleeping on the floor, as long as it is a nice and quiet place to get some sleep. And thank you for your hospitality Dove. Is there something that I can do for you in return?" Luckily Ferrin has brought enough Mizas with him to get a few things possibly in the morning, he can purchase some medical supplies. Ferrin smiled warmly"A warm cottage beats the cold out here indefinitely."

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dove Brown on December 12th, 2015, 4:44 pm

She caught the hopeless tone in Ferrin's voice, and the corner of her mouth twitched momentarily. Clearly she wasn't the only one who didn't like to talk about her past. She wasn't very sure where this Cyphrus domain was, but rather than push it, she took the change of subject when he asked if there was anything he could do in return. "You can help carry some wood, if you're up to it. I can't think of anything else right now. And you did help with the goats." She took a route that led past the communal stacked firewood and picked out an armful, trying not to wince as the bruises made themselves known, before continuing down narrower paths to her small cottage.

She unfastened the door, but left the shutters closed over the window. It wasn't as if there was much daylight left to catch, and it would be warmer with them shut. Inside it was dark of course, with no lights and the fire banked beneath a thick layer of ash, but warmer than outside. It smelled of wood smoke, with an undertone of the lavender she added when she changed the straw in her mattress each year, and everything stood out to her as she tried to see it as her guest would. He'd said he didn't mind the floor, but maybe he'd just been being polite.

She clumped away from the door, navigating by memory and familiarity across the stone floor to the hearth in the corner. She knelt, knocked the ash from the logs and coals and blew gently until her breath coaxed new flames from the old coals. She added new wood to keep it going, stacked the rest of her load of firewood to one side, and stood up. In the light from the fire she could see just how little she had. Just a table, a chair, a bed, a washbasin on its stand, a single storage chest, and a few hooks on the walls. When there was just her here it didn't matter that there was only one chair, or only one bed. Now that someone else was here it stood out starkly, and she regretted saying he could stay. Still it was done now, and she'd have to cope as best she could. She hung her cloak on its usual hook, and set the kettle full of water over the fire to heat.

"Once the kettle boils, there will be hot water for your hand, and for tea. Unless you'd rather have cold water?" There was a full waterskin of cold water tucked in the opposite corner from the fire. She pointed out the wood stack, and a spare hook on the wall, then offered him the chair and perched herself on the edge of her bed.

Dove Brown

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 13th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Ferrin

The coolness of the soft winds felt nice against Ferrins heated and sweat-loke face. His cheeks turned from a tan, to a red tan from the strokes of the winds. Ferrin assited Dove by carrying some logs into her small-like cottage. Its outer frame, to Ferrin, looked more home-welcoming then a noisy Inn. Where everyone can hear the noise when they are outside, and more so when inside. Ferrin was glad that he didn't have to spend another obnoxious night at the Heralds Arms. They are always busy. Especially when it nears to the winter season. Dove leaded Ferrin to the the front of the cottage. She unlocked the wooden door and opened it. Allowing them to enter within. The house inside looked more so cozy then the outside. The outside is welcoming, but the inside made Ferrin feel comfortable. Like he himself is at home. But home is also a very touchy subject for him to talk and think about so. It is hard for him whenever he had compared things to his past. Dove seemed to be that way as well. Ferrin felt it was normal to dwell on the past. So he decided to not ask about her family. But what else is there?

The smell of lavender brought fresh memories into his mind. Again, thinking of home. The inside of the wooden cottage, held stone flooring. A hearth on one end of the house. A bed, table, chair and a moderately looking chest. Dove placed her logs on the ground near where the hearth was positioned. Ferrin did the same as she had had told him to put the logs there. She started a fire, and said that she will prepare the two of them supper from the kettle that is warming up over the fire. The temperature of the fire made Ferrin feel a little better. She asked him if he had wanted warm water or cold water to wash off the blood that dried on his hand. Ferrin didn't realize that it had. The blood oxidised, and formed a couple of blood-looking air bubbles. "This will be a scar. For certain, unless the healer down here can help with it." Ferrin thought. "I'll use the cold water from the waterskin, thank you Dove." Ferrin said with a smile. He put his hunting gear against the chair, the longbow wrapped about one of the ears.

The orange glow of the fire casts a bright enough light, almost as bright as the sun. Ferrin placed his quiver on the same chair, just on the opposite ear. The chair didn't tip over, so it want to much weight. Ferrin unbelted his sword and layed it against the wall where the waterskin was hung up. He gracefully clasped the waterskin and uncapped the top. He walked over to the basin, and carefully poured the water on his hands over the basin. So that I'd he missed his hand, the basin would have bought it instead of the floor. Ferrin capped the waterskin back on. He then put the waterskin into his cloak pocket so that he has both hands unoccupied. Ferrin now cleaned his hands and places the waterskin back where he had got it from. He took his offered spot at the chair and turned it to face Dove so that he can converse with her. Like if they were best friends or something. "So, Dove?" Ferrin asked awkwardly. "What is your favorite things to do?" The hunter asked. Trying to pick up on a friendly conversation. The aroma of the small cottage wafted throughout. Making things feel ever more so welcoming. He smiled, as it beings him warm thoughts. Feeling more confident as the thoughts trailed through his mind. He sat rigid in on the seat of the chair though. Maybe just starting to feel a bit more comfortable with his surroundings.

"Pavi" "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dove Brown on December 15th, 2015, 5:08 pm

She nodded as Ferrin said that he preferred cold water for his hand and moved around fetching the waterskin, propping things against the chair and cleaning. She got up, retrieved clean rags from her bag of them and laid them on the table in case he wanted to bandage it, then set out a thick woollen blanket for a spare bed, and took stock of her food stores. There was pea soup she'd made the day before, with enough left for two, and most of a loaf, and cheese, and eggs. She left the eggs for tomorrow, when the bread would be staler. As she came back to the table, he asked what her favourite things to do were.

She crumbled dried mint into two cups as she thought. "I like to cook," she said slowly, "and I like to watch the birds - as long as they aren't eating the crops." She poured hot water from the kettle over the mint, and added a bit to the pot of soup to loosen it and prevent it burning, before she placed the pot over the fire, on the same hook that the kettle had used. As the water and dried mint steeped into mint tea, she cut two slices of bread and spread them with soft cheese. "My father likes birds too, that's why I'm named for one," she explained, setting it onto plates and sliding a cup and plate over to Ferrin. She nodded to the pot. "Soup is just warming through. It'll be ready in a bit." She just hoped it would be good enough, if he was used to inn food. Hers was cheap and simple and plain by comparison, though it never bothered her when she was cooking for herself. "And you?" she asked, as a bubble in the pea soup plopped loudly. It was too thick to boil quietly. She crossed to it as she asked, "What do you like to do?" swung it off the heat and spooned up two bowls, bringing one back to Ferrin and keeping the other for herself.

Dove Brown

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext