Questions about applying for NPCs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Ivana on November 25th, 2015, 12:41 am

Hey!

So I'm planning on applying for a couple of travelling NPCs for my almost-completed character. I just wanted to get a few things cleared up first.

As far as paying for them goes, if one of them is an adult and, logically, would have a job herself, do I have to still pay for her living? Or can I get her a job instead? (On that note, - if I made my own business could I put travelling NPCs to work there, and would I still have to pay them if, as we live together, I technically would just be paying myself).

Secondly, the limit is 30 XP per NPC and that can't be added to. But if one of the NPCs is a toddler, could I start them off with less than 30 then give him the XP later on as he gets older?

Thirdly, is there an application form somewhere for NPCs, or do I just need to include all the necessary information (name, race, gender, gnosis marks (if applicable), skills, brief summary of how they met/why they're travelling together)? Also, would I put both NPCs in the same post, or do I have to make a separate request for each one?

Many thanks and apologies if any of that information is listed somewhere else. I've got the feeling I saw an application form a while ago but for the life of me I can't find it again, and don't really remember what it said.
Ivana
Player

Words: 41570
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ife on November 25th, 2015, 7:48 pm

As far as I know from this page:

1) You've gotta pay for living expenses full stop for travelling NPCs, even if they're perfectly healthy adults with jobs of their own. They're scroungers like that. If their employees, you just pay them their fair wage as it's assumed that they as an NPC would remove their own living expenses from that wage.

2) I think generally for toddlers you give them as many skills as you want up to the maximum 30 points and maybe add a tagline such as 'will grow into'. Unless they're a fast-aging Kelvic toddler, they're skills are likely to be things like drawing and running rather than hardcore combat. But I'm guessing if you wanted to alter their skills, you'd post in the HD to request a change.

3) I've always posted them all in the same HD ticket. I'm not sure about the form, but I think you've covered all the basics in what you've listed there.
Threads: 5/5

As of the 15th Winter, Ife is pregnant. She will be suffering from sickness, bloating, and will be constantly ravenous. No food source is safe
Ife
Chase the Sky

Words: 87310
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 3:46 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tribal on November 25th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Also, in case you don't know (I didn't for a long time). NPCs under 12 years of age don't need seasonal expenses paid for them.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes