Farm Girl learns to Fight (Dove)

Nivel teaches Dove how to fight

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nivel on December 22nd, 2015, 10:03 pm

The Pycon wings flapped excitedly “Yes that’s what I mean” she hoped that Dove would be throwing her again but it seemed like the girl would rather try out the move for herself first. After seeing the sling hit the ground hard on Doves first try, the pycon could see why this was the case. Nivel patiently observed doves technique as she experimented with her weapon. The girl seemed to be stressing but was probably doing better than she realized. Nivel did the motions with an invisible sling to get a feel for the weapon and see if she could give better suggestions to her pupil. Swinging it from the back seemed like it would be harder and she couldn’t see a benefit, if Nivel were to be an actual Sling weirder however she would know that swinging it from the back would help throw heavier rocks.

“Oh yes! lets do this” Nivel replied eagerly despite Dove’s reluctance. The pycon clenched herself tightly into a ball and waited as Dove placed her into the sling. She was shot into the air and quickly thrust her arms out with a twist in her torso and then pulled them in to give herself a mid air spin. She counted her rotations at three before she landed into the hay target with a tumble. The pycon was understandably dizzy and fell to the ground when she tried to get up.
“You did it” Nivel said happily while still clumsily trying to maintain her balance.

She clumsily stepped out of the way so Dove could launch another bullet, It was also able to hit the hay but not the actual target indicated. There was definitely some clear improvement but still a long way to go.
“You should keep going until you can hit the centre of these painted rings” Nivel instructed elongating her arms to point where she indicated. Nivel realized this would be difficult but still definitely doable.
“When you succeed I’ll teach you one last thing and then well be done for today, does that sound okay?”

OocOkay so this isn't much better than my last one..sorry about that (can you tell I'm from canada?).

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Dove Brown on December 24th, 2015, 10:13 pm

oocIt's fine. I'm not managing long posts either.

Dove nodded. "It sounds good to me." She did wonder what Nivel had in mind, but she supposed she'd find out if she managed to hit the target where the pycon indicated. She waited until Nivel was clear of the target - still glad that her small friend had landed on it, not hit the wall - and then set a bullet in her sling. She used the side throw again, since it was easier to aim, and clipped the target near the edge. She frowned, thought about it, and shifted her stance and aim a bit, and then tried again. This time she was just a bit closer to the centre, so she kept trying, gradually shifting the way she stood and threw, until it felt comfortable and she could aim consistently for the same spot. It was a bit high and left of the centre, but it was at least consistent, which was more than her first shots had been.

Once she was consistently aiming straight, she adjusted where she aimed until she finally hit the middle of the target. She grinned widely. "I did it!" She did it a second time to make sure it hadn't been a fluke, then walked forward to find and collect the bullets she'd used. As she found them, she picked them up, dusted them off, and tucked them back into the pouch they came from. Her arm and shoulders ached from all the new movements, but she told herself that that would wear off. Once she had all her bullet back, she rubbed her arm briskly, trying to rub enough of the ache away that it didn't cramp on her, then stretched slowly and rolled her shoulders. "So," she said, when the ache was reduced. "What is that one last thing?"
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on December 28th, 2015, 4:39 am

“Hooray!” Nivel yelled and jumped about in congratulations. “You’re surely on your way to being a fierce warrior, just as my self” She pointed a finger confidently at her chest as she strolled up closer to Dove.

“The last thing is Spinning!” Nivel proclaimed as she quickly demonstrated quickly and with relative ease.
“The simple way of doing this is to put one leg in front of the other and then unravel them. Using the um…knobby end of your feet helps.”
Nivel demonstrated the technique once more but much slower this time so that dove could get a better understanding of it’s maneuver.
“It can help you with dancing but also in Fighting. Some of the best kicks have spins in them. Like this one.”
Nivel leaped into a spinning motion with her arms and tails out, but quickly pulled them in to increase her speed. She let out a fairly timed kick before landing on the dirt ground she had just stirred up.
“To increase your speed you put your arms out and then pull them back in, and to keep yourself from getting dizzy you simply spin in the opposite direction, simple as that. Just do that basic movements and then were done” Nivel’s clay mouth lifted slightly into a grin before adding
“Though if you feel up to it maybe you can do some more push ups”

After Nivel felt her Student had gotten a firm understanding of the mechanics of spinning she felt it was time to conclude their brief training lesson. She walked with Dove to the gates or where ever else she need to go in the city and ensured she would make it safely back to the outpost. The pycon waved good by outside the city gates and hoped that dove would continue perfecting her fighting skills on her own or maybe with another teacher of sparing partner.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Dove Brown on December 29th, 2015, 12:28 am

Dove watched as Nivel demonstrated spins to her, and felt a smile curling her own mouth. "Oh! Not just kicks either. I sort of did that facing the bandits, only not so well controlled." She slipped a bullet into the sling, then turned her back on the target. Taking a deep breath, she spun herself round as she swung the sling up around her head, her spin lending the bullet extra momentum, and fired. The bullet smacked against the edge of the target. "Not as accurate as straight on, or as easy," she added, trotting down to retrieve her bullet from under the target, "but it hits harder, I think."

She dropped the bullet in its pouch, tucked the sling through her belt and spun just herself, arms out and then arms in. "The knobbly bits on the end of tall folk feet are called toes, by the way." She felt a little dizzy and tried spinning the other way. It helped ease the dizziness a little, but not completely. "I fell over doing just a straight kick," she pointed out, openly admiring Nivel's ability to spin and kick at the same time. "I should probably practise doing the two things separately until neither makes me fall before I put them together. You're much better than me." She stood still for a moment and waited for the remaining dizziness to wear off. "I will practice. I already have somewhere at home to practice my sling. I can do other things too."

She finally finished to Nivel's satisfaction, and collected her cloak and pack from the corner. "Come and visit someday," she invited her friend shyly, "when your duties let you." They walked together to the area just inside the gate where the supply carts assembled before they left, with Dove keeping her speed down to match Nivel's pace. "And - thank you for the lesson." She climbed into the cart driven by the carter she had the arrangement with, and waved as the carts headed off down the road toward Mithryn.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 7th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Behold The Journey's Spoils!

Nivel
Skills
  • Negotiation 1
  • Observation 1
  • Acrobatics 4
  • Weapon(Py-pole) 1
  • Dance 1
  • Teaching 4
  • Anatomy 2
  • Py-ken 2
  • Socialization 3
  • Persuasion: 1
Lores
  • Key-vaulting, not much air time.
  • Stretching prevents over flexing.
  • Basic Dance stretches.
  • Using odd methods to get a point across.
  • Anatomy: Straight legs are stiff.
  • Anatomy: Tall folk soft spots.
  • Conveying the Basics.
  • Hiding gestures in dance.
  • Counteracting dizziness with a counter spin.
  • Lead pellets. Just dodge.
  • It isn’t flying, it’s falling with style.
  • Dove: Reserved, yet willing to learn.
Miscellaneous
  • Shield points - 3 (for training) 2(for helping people of the city, Dove) total 5 points.

Dove
Skills
  • Organization 1
  • Observation 2
  • Negotiation 2
  • Body building 2
  • Unarmed combat 2
  • Weapon(Sling) 4
  • Socialization 3
Lores
  • Calling someone out on overpricing.
  • Odd teachings from an odd teacher.
  • Do. Not. Touch. The. Tails.
  • Fighting isn’t fun.
  • Unarmed: A basic stance.
  • Too much power means losing balance.
  • Dancing, fighting camouflage?
  • Firing a pycon, not the best idea.
  • Sling: Angle of spin is important.
  • Sling: Different spins mean different shots.
  • Sling: Potential melee weapon?
  • Nivel: Playful, yet thoughtful.
Miscellaneous
    Loot:
    Item Cost Amount
    Animal Fat (dripping) 1 sm 1 lb
    Cheese 2 sm 1 lb
    Eggs 1 sm a dozen
    Bread 2 cm 1 loaf
    Grapeseed oil 3 cm 1 quart
    Green peas 2 sm 1 lb
    Wheat 1 cm 1 lb
    Salt 1 cm 1 oz
    Ginger 1 cm 1 oz
    Cumin 3 cm 1 oz
    Chives 2 cm 1 oz
    Mint 3 cm 1 oz
    Dill 3 cm 1 oz
    Dried currants 1 sm 1 oz
    Honey 5 cm 1/2 pint
    Clay 1 cm 1 lb
    Total 9 sm, 5 cm

Please make sure to deduct from your ledger the cost and add the items :D

Lovely thread you two. I like how Dove is a little reluctant at first however once se sees that Nivel is Ok she's willing to attempt a bit more.

And Nivel...The image of a flying pycon is going to be staying with me for a long time after this thread is over.

Also if either of youtwo wish for me to alter anything, feel free to PM me :D

Here.
Have a gold star.
(Feel free to click it.)

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook