[Windmount Stables] Special Needs (Jaeden, Aella)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Stitch on December 7th, 2010, 2:45 am

2nd of Winter, 510 AV. Questioning random passerby that wander past the Windmount Stables.

"Milord Jaeden?"

A random passerby stared at the blind man, slowly shaking their head no, and then hurried away with a bit of a confused look on their face. Stitch, unpeterbed by the odd stares he was managing to gather, simply approached yet another random passerby. "Milord Jaeden?" Yet another somewhat confused look, another shake of their head, and that stranger was on their way as well. Stitch paused a moment, glancing around, a bit of a crestfallen look upon his face. He had been at this for about an hour now, and it looked as if less people were approaching the Windmount Stables. He couldn't fathom why. It was quite a nice place, even if it stunk of horse manure. Taking a deep breath, trying not to get discouraged, he scanned his Auristics about for any other approaching beings. Even if they were trying to avoid the stables, he could probably catch them in one of the side alleyways, and question them there. He didn't want to miss the forest ranger, if he was indeed coming today. Standing alert, Stitch whipped his head back and forth, on the lookout for any hints of an aura that was heading this way. So far, it looked as if everyone had cleared out.

Ser Ulliver puffed on his pipe, eyeballing the blind man, unsure of how to handle this situation. Stitch had been here for quite awhile now, and didn't look as if he was planning on leaving any time soon. Ser had been the one to suggest that he wait around for Jaeden to appear, but he didn't think the man would actually take his advice literally. Pulling his pipe from his mouth, Ser sighed, and attempted to reason with the blind guy. "Uhm... Stitch, was it? Perhaps you would be best suited to leave me a message to give to Jaeden? He might not come by for another day or two, or maybe even a week... He kind of comes and goes as he pleases..." Stitch cocked his head back toward Ser, quickly shaking his head. "This one doesn't think that will work, milord. This one needs to leave. Now. This one's vision is getting worse." Ser paused a moment, puzzled by the response. He hesitated for just a few short moments, and that was enough for Stitch to get distracted. Ser grumbled to himself as the blind man trotted off, approaching a female this time. Was he really going to check both males and females, to see if they were Jaeden?

"Milady!" The woman paused, eyeballing Stitch, looking a bit cautious. She glanced at Ser for some kind of reassurance, and the man just lifted a single finger to his temple, and swirled it around. Crazy man, he was telling her. She looked back at Stitch, eyes a bit wide, looking much more cautious than she had before. "Do you know of a Jaeden Kincade? Have you seen him around, recently? This one is searching for him."

At the mere mention of the man's name, the woman blushed hotly, her cheeks flaring a bright red. Stitch cocked his head, looking a tad bit confused, raising an eyebrow at her from underneath his bandages. "Milady? Do you know of the man? This one is looking for his help." The lady flared an even brighter red, giggling, stepping back and looking Stitch over. Stitch was now extremely confused, and just stood there, scanning her with his Auristic vision. Her aura appeared to be quite normal. "Milady?" Another giggle, and she stepped up to him, pushing a finger to his chest. Stitch let out a little squeak, backing up, only prompting the lady to advance further. "You are seeking his help? The man has quite able hands. I am not so sure if he services men, but I would certainly pay to see that show... Are you in his line of work? Maybe I could steal you for a minute? If you know him, you must at least be half as good. Gods, that would be plenty."

Stitch continued to back up a bit, obviously incredibly baffled now, opening his mouth only to produce a few stuttered words. He was un-nerved by the lady and her sly giggles, as well as her lone finger stroking at his chest. "Well... Uhm, no, this one doesn't really do his line of work... This one is more skilled with children instead of adults, you see... His particular line of work wouldn't really suit me..." Ser choked on his pipe, shooting his eyes toward Stitch, and the lovely lady took a step back, her face stark white. Stitch cocked his head at her, awaiting a reaction, not so sure why her aura was flaring with such an odd emotion. Disguist? What had he done to disguist her?

A single hand flew out, and Stitch ducked it, avoiding the open-palmed slap. The woman shrieked, and another flurry of slaps was unleashed upon Stitch, who bobbed and weaved through them quite gracefully. In the middle of his blurring dodges, he cried out, attempting to calm the berserking female down. "Milady! What did this one do?!" She only continued to shriek and scream, raining down her fury upon his form, attempting to clock him as hard as she could. Ser, who had been staring in amazement up until this point, suddenly made his way toward the two. "Stitch! Clara! Please, stop it!"

Just another day in Syliras.
Last edited by Stitch on December 19th, 2010, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

[Windmount Stables] Special Needs (Jaeden)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on December 17th, 2010, 12:32 am

As the scuffle continued, soon starting to draw the attention of several people surround the stables. Stitch continued to duck and weave the assault that Clara tried to inflict as Ser tried to calm the situation down before the attention of the knights had been drawn. Crowds began to move back and forth as the actions carried over a small area. Finally, as Clara’s hand came swinging down again to slap at Stitch, a sudden smack in the air could be heard as a large hand reach out, catching her wrist in the swing. As all eyes began to turn towards the owner of the hand, Clara herself seemed to loosen in her stance, her body becoming completely relaxed as her cheeks began to flush red in color once again. Soon, Jaeden’s visage could be seen by Stitch’s aura gazing, that calm color to his aura being laced with an energetic demeanor laced with a hint of at least two others feelings and a third person’s desires. It was almost as if thee different people inhabited Jaeden’s own aura in some way. “What’s all this then?” Jaeden asked as a black hawk flew in, landing along his shoulder, her head slowly turning as she spied the group.

Soon after, the fogged breath and red, and white fur of a fox came into view, rubbing up along Jaeden’s leg as she peered up over the situation. A large, black Nightwalker trotted in behind, giving a gruff exhale before shaking his head slightly. Clara seemed to melt away from any aggression she had up until that point as Ser gave a relieved sigh before moving past the group as he took Fortunado by the reigns and lead him back towards the stable. Clara slowly began leaning in to Jaeden, his fingers slowly tracing over his chest. “Hi Jaeden.” Clara said with a slightly alluring tone in her voice.

“Clara,” Jaeden replied, looking down to Clara, “why are you trying to beat up the visually impaired?”

Clara’s attention suddenly snapped in awareness, as if remember some important task she was supposed to do. “Oh! Jaeden,” she said as she shot a finger, pointing at Stitch, “this guy was looking for you, but when I tried to ask him if he was available for service, he only said he works with children!”

“Well, yeah.” Jaeden said, looking to Stitch before giving a slight shrug to Clara.

“And you’re okay with that?” Clara then said, looking at Jaeden in astonishment.

“Sure, why wouldn’t I be? It’s not like they don’t like or appreciate it.” Jaeden said, as he scratched his head, still a bit confused as to why Clara was angry.

“Jaeden, I can’t believe I’m hearing you say this. You in the Bathhouse is fine,” Clara finally said, causing a surprised reaction to appear on Jaeden’s face, “but him just doing that with random children is just deplorable.”

“Wait a second,” Jaeden said, a slight smirk sharpening the corner of his mouth, “you think Stitch, and the children are….” Jaeden then began slowly pressing his hands together.

“Yes!” Clara said, still continuing to point at Stitch accusingly.

Jaeden slowly covered his mouth, his hands lightly brushing over the bristles of the beard that had been growing out for the Winter code. He kept trying to keep a giggle from escaping his mouth., but eventually he couldn’t contain himself as he threw his head back, letting out a loud laugh. Clara looked at Jaeden in confusion as he dropped his hand to her shoulder. “Clara, Stitch didn’t even know I worked at the Soothing Waters.” Jaeden then said, wiping a tear from his eye before the chilled air of the winter season froze it. “He ran the Orphanage.”

Clara’s jaw dropped open, her cheeks growing flush red, only this time for different reasons as her hand covered her mouth in embarrassment. She slowly turned to Stitch, this time finding it difficult to look him in his face as her voice went a little quiet. “Oh, I’m sorry, so sorry.” Clara said, her tone almost timid now. “I just thought, well it’s just that with where Jaeden worked and well…”

Jaeden reached down to Clara’s hand, slowly raising it as he slipped a gold miza into her palm. “Clara my dear, it’s not your fault. I forgot that you weren’t aware that I worked as a Wilderness Guide as well.” Jaeden said as he closed Clara’s palm around the coin before kissing the back of her hand. “How about you head to the Soothing Waters get a private bath and soak this incident away?”

Clara swooned a little at the feel of Jaeden’s lips pressing along her palm for a moment, the smile returning to her face. “Will you be, well, joining me?” Clara then asked, a little hopeful in her tone.

“Sorry Clara, but I’ve taken and indefinite leave of absence from the Bathhouse. Summer could help you out just as well as I could.” Jaeden said, giving a soft nudge with his elbow.

“Oh!” Clara then said, her cheeks flushing red once again as she got the same look on her face when Stitch first mentioned Jaeden’s name. “Summer.”

“Umhmm.” Jaeden said before he began to slowly urge Clara towards the direction of the Soothing Waters. “How about you head there and see her now.”

Clara began to move forward with Jaeden’s urging, her feet dragging a little as she swoon as much, if not more than when she was imagining her time with Jaeden when Stitch asked her about him. She eventually shifted her way through those who had gathered before the group itself began to disperse, a couple of the females among them giving Jaeden a wry smile.

Jaeden gave a slow exhale, his hands falling to rest as his waist as he slowly looked over at Stitch. “Well, that was a sticky situation.” Jaeden said as he stepped forward a couple of paces towards Stitch, offering his hand. “Just in case there was any confusion on your part Stitch, I worked the previous two seasons at the Soothing Waters Bathhouse as a masseuse. Part of those duties entailed, shall we say, a bit of intimacy with my female cliental. Clara wasn’t aware I worked as a hunter and Wilderness Guide, so when you were asking for me and the whole issue of “servicing” came up? Well, you can connect the dots from there.”

Jaeden then slowly began walking towards the stables as the Black Eagle shifting in it’s step and the foxed traveled along in between them, sniffing at Stitch curiously. “So, what can I do for you Stitch?” Jaeden asked as he began slipping gear from his person.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

[Windmount Stables] Special Needs (Jaeden)

Postby Stitch on December 17th, 2010, 4:14 am

Stitch ducked as another blow soared overhead, haphazardly headed for his cheek, but missing by a mile. Every single blow she threw was quite telegraphed, as the woman took ample time to lean back and aim her blow. Stitch just stood still for the very last second, and then easily pulled his face out of the way, time and time again. It proved to be quite an easy practice, especially since she always aimed for the same side of his face. Leaning back, dodging another blow, Stitch began to muse on how to stop the lady. He had no idea why she was acting so aggressively toward him. No matter how many times he replayed their short conversation in his head, he couldn't figure out what it was that had set her off in such a way. Turning at the neck to dodge another blow, this one managed to barely graze his nose, only sending the woman into that much more of a frenzy. More people gathered, mocking her and egging her on, only fueling her to add another hand to the fray. Picking up his own pace, dodging even faster, Stitch decided it might be best just to catch her hands. When he had those lethal weapons under control, maybe then they could talk it out like civil adults.

Gritting his teeth, Stitch steeled himself for the next blow. The minute he noted her shoulder and arm pulling back for another blow, he darted a hand up, eager to intercept it. This of course would send her further into her fit of rage, and then she would hurriedly fling the other palm at him. He would catch that one, and then he would have her. They could talk. If she didn't try to kick him.

Priskil help him. He really hoped that she wouldn't try and kick him.

Just in time, right before Stitch's hand managed to intercept the oncoming slap, another hand did the work for him. Stitch let out an audible sigh of relief as a new aura flooded his vision, putting a limb between the widow and the blind man. Not saying a word, he simply let the rather charismatic man do the talking, perking up as he heard the woman address him. Jaeden. This was the guy he was looking for! This was the guy that the widows outside of the Welcome Home had so heavily recommended! Taking a step back, Stitch took the rather tall fellow in, closely examining his aura. It was a dark, soothing, peaceful green that lazed about the man almost like a summer cloud. It was relaxing to look at, and one of the more peaceful auras that Stitch had laid eyes on in a long time. There was something else there too, something that required Stitch to focus a little harder. The aura tasted of something different. While it was alone and unique, it gave off the definite feeling that it belonged to something else. Or, that something else belonged to it. Stitch couldn't word it, really. If he looked hard enough, there were these little purple veins running through the green... And they seemed to be completely foreign. Those veins weren't his. What were they, then?

He mentally blinked, starting a bit in surprise as something new suddenly came into view. Hidden deep within the calm folds of Jaeden's aura was somehow another aura, one completely and absolutely different than his. While Stitch had tried to puzzle out if the purple veins belonged to Jaeden or not, he had no doubts about this aura. It was not his. It struck out the minute he noticed it, twisting from deep within his Aura to reveal itself, glowing with some kind of different essence than anything else Stitch had laid his eyes on before. It was a glowing gold chain, visibly binding Jaeden. It was a small chain, unable to bind all of his Aura, but certainly trying its best. He had never seen anything like it, and was quickly entranced by it, awed by the beauty of it.

He had seen it before. He had seen it somewhere before... And what had the person told him? What had that mark been?

Stitch started again, this time because of a hand that had suddenly been offered to him. He had zoned out, again. The entire crowd was moving on, and the widow was long gone. He had missed the entire conversation between Jaeden and the widow, and had only been yanked out of his thoughtful mulling by Jaeden's apology and explanation. Cocking his head at the hand, Stitch slowly regained his bearings, and then quickly reached out for it. "It is okay, milord. This one understands that it was a misunderstanding. This one would be upset too if he heard about a masseuse that only worked with children. That would be quite odd, and very suspicious." Apparently the blind man hadn't connected the dots at all.

Stitch paused for a moment as he regarded the man, suddenly realizing that Jaeden was acting like he knew Stitch. How had they...

The Game.

Just like that, the pieces clicked in place, and all the memories came flooding back. Stitch had trouble recalling the events of that fateful day, but only because he himself had locked them away. But now that the gates had been opened, it all came flooding back. Jaeden. The man he had met on that stage. The man he had played the Game with. "Milord! This one didn't even realize you were the one that this one was looking for! It is nice to see you are doing well" A smile bloomed across the blind man's face, and he suddenly reached out for the briefly forgotten hand, shaking it heartily. "This one tries not to remember the Game, and therefor had forgotten about you. This one didn't even make the connection!" Stitch continued to shake the Ranger's hand, his words spilling out a bit more enthusiastically now. "This one is looking for a Wilderness guide to help him make a journey into Taldera! You came highly recommended by about every widow in town, funnily enough! This one can pay well!"

Stitch cocked his head toward Jaeden's animal companions right after he finished speaking, quickly scanning their auras. Why did the man have a bird and a fox with him? Were they pets? He finally released Jaeden from the rather rough handshake, and bent down, offering the sniffing fox a hand. "Will he bite me?"
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on December 23rd, 2010, 6:19 am

Jaeden stepped next to Fortunado, slowly sliding his hand across the Nightwalker’s side as Ser went to work on replacing the shoes along the hooves. Jaeden gave a slow shrug, handing a gold miza to the proprietor. He gave a slow nod to Stitch, folding his arms over one another giving a shrug. “I tend not to forget any experience I have Stitch.” Jaeden said as he took a lean along the frame of the Stable’s entrance. “Good or bad, each experience and trial has something to teach us. At least that’s what Olevar had to say.”

Jaeden then gave a chuckle as the black hawk that rested along his shoulder flew off and landed on the gate of Fortunado’s stall. “Well, I’m guessing it wasn’t Clara that gave the recommendation.” Jaeden said, pulling off his pack as he left it next to Fortunado’s stable. “I take it from the urgency of your voice that this trip needs to happen sooner than later. Well, I’ve got no clients lined up right now. It’ll be seven gold miza’s per day and you’ll have to put up with my new partner as well. You’ll want to grab your camping essentials and as soon as I track Aella down, we can be on our merry.”

Jaeden then pushed himself off his lean as he saw Stitch slowly reach out to Red, posing his question. Jaeden then smirked slightly, looking down at Stitch. “Well she might if you keep referring to her as a male.” Jaeden then corrected.

Suddenly there was a shimmer of light as Stitch felt his wrist grabbed calmly before his palm was pressed up against something soft, warm and not so furry. “Does this feel like a male breast to you?” Red’s feminine voice suddenly said, ringing in Stitch’s ear.

Jaeden attempted to suppress a laugh, turning his head for a moment, but still the pained chuckle managed to linger over into Stitch’s ears. “Red, that’s not appropriate.” Jaeden said, wiping a tear from his eye. “It’s funny as hell, but not appropriate.”

Another shimmer of light then happened as Red was once again in her animal form, sitting down next to Jaeden as she stared up at Stitch with a little chirping bark of sorts. “Anyhow, you got yourself a tent and other survival gear?” Jaeden then inquired, giving a slow scratch to Red’s ears.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Aella on December 31st, 2010, 4:58 am

Aella had mumbled something at one point about going to find a dress before rolling her eyes and striking out on her own in Syliras. Given the fact that it had come up on at least one occasion that she would rather be thrown into a pit of starved rats than don the most feminine of garments, it wasn’t likely that she’d gone clothing shopping. There were few things the woman had time for. She liked food, alcohol, petching, and weapons. And sleeping. She took sleeping very seriously.

But it wasn’t sleep that had lured the young woman into the city. She could have done that out in the woods. Large populations tended to make her a little nervous, which in turn made her a touch cranky. Her place of origin was Sunberth, and even that Gods-forsaken town wasn’t something she’d experienced much of.

No, there was only one thing that had really remotely tempted her into Syliras, the place of Knights, peace, and order… None of which she was sure she understood, by the way, but she was rather sure she didn’t give much care to learn more either. No. But there were weapons…

…Not that she knew how to use one beyond the pointy end going in the slaver or bandit. She had, however, decided that perhaps it was high time to learn. Jaeden seemed to get her into a lot of trouble.

“Milady, I believe you’ll find this rapier quite ideal,” suggested one of the gentlemen at the Ironworks.

Aella scoffed at the little thing, screwing up her face at the sight of it. She pointed at it. “This is the blade equivalent of a party frock,” she declared.

“I assure you that it a very high quality weapon.”

She turned her eyes to the fellow, screwing up her face. Amazingly she was able to bite her tongue a moment to keep from saying something completely insulting… Jaeden would have been proud had he witnessed it. Finally she answered, “I’m sure it is, but I’m looking for something a little more… Substantial.”

Big. She wanted big. Huge even. She lost track of what the iron-worker was telling her as she turned her head to look around more, eying the other weapons carefully.
Aella
Living to Annoy Jaeden

Words: 32395
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2010, 8:18 pm
Character sheet

Postby Stitch on January 5th, 2011, 9:11 pm

"Seven?" Stitch quickly nodded, giving the man a quick smile, even if it was a bit strained. "That would be fine, milord. This one will be happy to pay. Is milord sure that enough? This one is assuming it will be a bit of a long journey, and this one knows that there will be some dangers..."

As the topic was switched to Red, Stitch glanced back to the animal, his hand still outstretched. It was a little too late when he noticed that the fox wasn't just a fox, and that he had also just managed to insult the poor thing. Quickly flushing a dark red, he quickly opened his mouth, intended on rattling off quite a few apologies. Before he even had time to begin, a flash of magical light filled his vision, and he felt his hand being snatched from him. What was she doing? And what was it that was so soft, and why was she wanting him to fee-

Oh Gods.

Stitch stumbled backwards, letting out a sound that sounded something like a mouse squeaking, his entire face turning a dark shade of red. The blush didn't stop there, and soon highlighted his neck and ears, only darkening even more as he heard Jaeden's amused chuckles. Gulping down another squeak, Stitch quickly spoke, his words shaking and trembling. "U-uhm, well, no, milady, it certainly... well, it... This one is sorry for insulting you, milady. And, uh... t-t-touching. This one is sorry for t-touching you." Stitch hurriedly bowed, once, twice, and then three times. As Jaeden asked his very next question, Stitch quickly answered, thankful for something to take his mind off the humiliating scene.

"This one hasn't bought anything yet. This one was going to consult with you, first. A tent, and what else? This one can go purchase the supplies, while milord goes and finds his other companion..."

Stitch cocked his head back toward Red, then back to Jaeden, awkwardly fidgeting about. Red had obviously accomplished her goal. The man was completely gobsmacked.
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on January 8th, 2011, 5:10 am

Jaeden slowly wiped a small tear away from his eye, seeing Stitch’s reaction, and he could feel the amusement Red had from the same. A small cry from Tasha seemed to be the only admonishing tone given over the situation. Teasing Jaeden alongside Red and Aella was fine with Tasha of course, because he expected such from the trio of females. Others seemed to be taking it a bit too far in her opinion however. Jaeden gave a relieving sigh, giving a quick nod to the black hawk who remained perched near Fortunado before slipping his hand to Stitch’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about it Stitch,” Jaeden said with a smile on his face. “She’s just teasing. She won’t sexually harass you anymore. I can’t make the same promise for Aella, my new partner, though.”

Jaeden then gave a quick, reassuring pat to Stitch’s back. “And yeah, seven per day will be enough.” Jaeden then said, answering Stitch’s earlier question. “One exception to such will be in terms of loot and valuables. If we come across any aggressors or abandoned treasures along the way, Aella and the Kelvic ladies get first sift through for valuables and mizas. It’s their bonus’ for the trip itself. If it comes down to something powerful, like some sort of artifact or something that’s pre-Valterrian, we’ll discuss what to do with such an item as a group. Plus, we avoid any petching castles that magically appear out of nowhere.”

“As far as what you need?” Jaeden said as he gave a quick though. “A tent first off, so we won’t have to build you a shelter every place we stop to camp. There are one person tents out there, but if you have anyone else coming along, you’ll need a larger one. I normally suggest a four person tent in the end. Even if you have no one accompanying you, it’ll give you space to roll around. Then you’ll also need a bed roll, some winter blankets, waterskin for drinking. Pick up at least a weeks rations of dried meats or what not. We’ll be hunting and trapping for dinner during, but such endeavors are not always successful during the winter season, so you’ll want some emergency food just in case. Aside from that, whatever you think you might need, though there’s not a great deal that you can buy here that the Caiyha’s wilderness won’t provide herself. It’ll likely be good to have a horse as well, if you don’t have one already. It tends to save your energy when compared to walking the entire journey.”

“You go ahead and hit up those supplies. When you have them, you can meet me back here. I should be back with Aella by then. If I’m not, chances are I’ve had to track her somewhere in the market and we shouldn’t be long.” Jaeden then explained, letting his hands fall to his waist. “We can leave as soon as you’re ready to depart.”

Jaeden then waited for any other questions Stitch may have had, answering them before he went to do his shopping run. When Stitch had finally left, Jaeden slowly looked towards the direction he had come from, giving a quick sigh. “Jeeze, she was only supposed to buy a sword and some leather armor. What’s taking her so long.” Jaeden said as he grumbled, looking to both Red and Tasha. “She’s likely trying to find a leather armor that accessorizes her sword. Or vice versa. You women sometimes and your fashion sense.”

Another moment passed before Jaeden dropped his head a little bit. “Come on then, let’s go find her.” Jaeden said before he began making his way towards the blacksmiths with Red lightly stepping beside him and Tasha flying over to land on his shoulder.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Aella on January 13th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Had Aella heard Jaeden suggest that she had fashion sense, she would have been rolling about on the ground laughing. One didn’t really consider what they looked like much when they were busy surviving. Some days she didn’t seem to remember to comb her hair, or more likely, she just didn’t give a petch. She had more important things to worry about.

She was busy looking over swords at that point. She was starting to wonder where Jaeden was… He’d probably fallen into some woman’s skirt. There was a tiny pause at where her brain had just gone. Was she jealous? Was that it? That was unsettling. She scowled, trying to decide if that was the case. If it was, she was going to have to work on it, or more likely if she ignored it, it would go away… No, surely she wasn’t jealous. That wasn’t how she worked. Obviously she just needed to get out of the city. It was screwing up her mind.

See? Problem solved.

She picked up a broadsword, turning the hilt over in her hand as she looked at it. Her thumb thoughtfully ran over the leather grip. She lifted it, testing out the weight and balance on her arm. It felt good enough, she supposed. It was, in truth, a very utilitarian sword. There wasn’t much decoration to it.

But before she could decide on it, her eye caught sight of something else. The sword was put down so that she could scurry over to a small section of great-swords. For a moment she clasped her hands together in front of her heart, giving a tiny bounce from foot to foot – A motion greatly akin to either being presented a pony on her fifth birthday or perhaps the final attempts to not pee her pants with a bit of a dance. Her gaze fell upon a sword that was easily two inches taller than her, and she let out a sighing, “Oh.”
Aella
Living to Annoy Jaeden

Words: 32395
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2010, 8:18 pm
Character sheet

Postby Jaeden Kincade on January 18th, 2011, 5:31 am

It didn’t take Jaeden long to find Aella, and it didn’t surprise him to see what was taking her so long as she stood in front of that giant hunk of metal in awe. Jaeden slowly shook his head, thinking she was currently imagining cleaving people into pieces swinging it around. Jaeden knew better himself. He would find a weapon so large difficult to swing around himself. He eventually stepped up behind Aella, his feet walking lightly along the ground in an attempt to lessen the sound he made. Eventually, his arms slipped around Aella’s waist, his chin resting along her shoulder as his cheek nuzzled against her own. “Aella dear,” Jaeden whispered softly as his hands began to rub lightly over her stomach. “That’s not the sword you want. It’s heavy, slow, and has very limited attack angles.”

Jaeden’s hands then, in a persuasive manner, slipped under the fabric of Aella’s pants, soon rubbing a little lower to encourage her to listen to his reason. “Go with the broadsword, you will be much happier with it in the end.” Jaeden said as he gave a light nibble to her lower earlobe, trying to persuade her further. “I promise.”

Jaeden then reached to his belt, eventually pulling free a small coin pouch as it held it out and let it fall along the counter nearby. “There’s the coin for both your weapon and leather armor.” Jaeden then said, slowly freeing his other hand from Aella’s pants. “Let’s get your things and head back for the stables. I’ve lined up a job for us. We’ll be escorting a guy I know up to the Taldera region. So the sooner you get your things as well as him, the sooner we can get out of the castle here. Stitch is his name.”

Jaeden the made his way out of the shop, waiting on the outside for Aella to purchase her things so they could head back to the stables. Jaeden himself was getting a little excited for the trip himself. He hadn’t been up in the Taldera region for a couple of years now, and he began to wonder just what great beasts might await him up there. As soon as Aella rejoined him, he would then begin making his way back towards the stables, hoping Stitch wouldn’t take a large amount of time procuring his things and gathering whoever else may have been accompanying him on the trip.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Stitch on February 22nd, 2011, 5:04 am

Stitch instantly scurried away from the group as soon as he was ordered to do so, happy to get away from the awkwardness he was still feeling. Red would likely be able to get a good laugh at the retreating man, who was still a deep scarlett from the neck up. Stitch himself was in a tizzy, still unsure of what had just happened. He had been familiar with Jaeden, but this new companion...? He had no idea who the person was. That, and the Lord Jaeden had said there would be another Kelvic accompanying them on the trip? And that Kelvic was going to be even worse than Red? Stitch shuddered a little bit, wringing his hands repeatedly. This trip was going to be hectic indeed. He was glad he had Malia to keep him company.

Entering the Bazaar area, Stitch nearly stumbled into someone, his head totally up in the clouds. Apologizing profusely, the man quickly brought himself back down to earth. He had been given a list of things to buy, and he wouldn't be able to operate if he continued to think about what had just happened. He just had to put it out of his mind.

But she had made him touch her!

Swallowing another squeak, Stitch hurried about the various stalls in the Bazaar, passing out Mizas here and there.

Purchases :
Woolen Outfit, including a shirt, britches, a jacket, socks, mitterns, a cloak, high boots, snowshoes, and a hat. 6 Gold Mizas.
7 Strong Rations. 49 Gold Mizas.
Four-Person Tent. 10 Gold Mizas.
2 Winter Blankets. 1 Gold Miza.
1 Bedroll. 1 Silver Miza.

After that, he was all ready to go. He hoped he had bought all the right things. The Bazaar didn't really hold that many sly merchants who would try to cheat you out of coin, or so Stitch hoped. He hadn't encountered any. He didn't even bother looking for Malia. She was making some last minute preparations of her own, and would likely want to be alone until then. She wouldn't move until she was ready. They could swoop by her apartment and pick her up at the last minute. She wouldn't need any supplies that she didn't already have, more than likely.

Stitch finally was back to the Windmount Stables, and waited patiently for the arrival of the Wilderness Guide. This was all moving so fast. He dared not think about it, lest he lose his nerve. He had never really been very far outside of Syliras.
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)