Closed Animal Ties (Merevaika)

Erikal goes to see about a pup.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Animal Ties (Merevaika)

Postby Erikal on January 12th, 2016, 9:58 pm

No response came from the tent. Erikal stood around for a time, peering at her horses and then back to Korvas who he could tell was gnawing at the bit to disregard his order to stay and get his social game on with the filly. He snorted and forced himself to look the other way and that made Erikal chuckle. Erikal called for Merevaika once more, but yet again no reply. He shrugged his shoulders and turned away only to find Merevaika striding up the path, excited dogs in tow!

Erikal laughed heartily and was soon swarmed by the happy pups. He greeted them with playful pats and scratched heads. A little more time was given to Freya, who was her usual rambunctious self. He grinned to Merevaika. "Not long at all. Me and Korvas just got here actually," he said and before he could get another word out, the woman smiled mysteriously and brushed by him and into her tent.

He was left with the flowery scent of her passing and the dogs hopping up and down still attempting to cram in as much affection as they could. Erikal didn't know if he was supposed to follow her in or stay outside. He felt strangely flushed and had a keen desire to invade her tent and take the woman in his arms and do things a man did to his opposing gender.

But his parents didn't raise such a young man. Though he had a wild spirit, he did believe one should follow certain principles. And his aunt's warning had not left his thoughts. He knew very little about Merevaika. She might be a vixen in disguise. Even if she wasn't, she might have romantic designs with another Drykas man. Erikal decided it was best to keep to the game plan. Look on how best to purchase Freya. Even though he did not have the money Merevaika asked for, he was sure he could make it up to her by doing things. Surely she would have need of some of his skills.

Before long the woman emerged from her tent with what appeared to be meat and a pot. He grinned wolfishly at her. It was surely true what his Uncle often told him: the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Though Merevaika called for a helping hand, Erikal was already moving before she spoke up. Gathering wood for the fire pit and bringing spark to whatever available tinder she carried via flint. A fire was soon blazing in the pit. He studied her efforts in the cooking process whilst fending off eager pup muzzles. Though he was no expert cook by any means, he thought a stew usually called for spices and such. When the woman glanced up from her toil, he arched a brow and motioned to the boiling water and meat. "You cook often?" he inquired with a wry smile that indicated he wasn't sure if she did.

But he soon forgot all about culinary practices with the woman's green eyes leveled on him and an expectant look brewing within her gaze. He didn't know if he should kiss her or begin by more discourse on the dog sale. Though he'd much rather start with the former, he obediently opted for the latter. His eyes left her to stare down at the fire, stoking it with a stick. "Right. About Freya. So I've been doing some thinking about that. Since I don't have the money, I thought it might be in both our interests, if I could do things for you," he said with a grin, meeting her eyes. But it was soon apparent that was a very very broad statement. One that made him blush fiercely as he stared at her. "....um work related I mean. I know you don't have much help out here. Figured you might need someone."

Recalling his desire to know more about her, he continued on in a way that he hoped wasn't too prying. "Merevaika. I was curious. Where is your family? Why do you live far away from the others? You know if you need anything all you have to do is ask. My Uncle is the Ankal and my family is generous to those they call friend." He hadn't meant to blurt all of that out, but once the young man got a full head of steam, it was quite hard to slow down!
Erikal
I'm hunting you!

Words: 69139
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2015, 9:12 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Animal Ties (Merevaika)

Postby Merevaika on January 14th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Merevaika

Erikal grinned at her, already moving to help. While he tried to keep off the hungry pups, he watched her, inquiring slyly at her cooking ability. Merevaika glared at him, becoming a little red at being spotted. Of course, she was quick to try hide it, deciding to distract him from her bad cooking with a sweet, almost seductive smile and the matter of business.

He stumbled over his words, Merevaika getting hints that perhaps there was more to their relationship than just business. He seemed very embarrassed, nervous and curious, blushing while he spat out words.

Merevaika could use that. She wanted to. "I do struggle, I really do. I can hunt, but that doesn't always work out well - I have to look after all these animals too, care for them as well as for myself. It would only be natural for you to lend a hand with hunting perhaps, leave some hunts here for me. I don't need much but I do need something."

She tried to bat her eyelashes at him, however inexperienced she was at it. Whatever feelings he felt towards her, they were not reflected. That didn't mean she could try to replicate them. It did benefit her, after all.

Then he started prying deeper into her life, asking about family and her home. Her discomfort was obvious but she still shared. Sympathy towards her scored more points. It always did.

"My family is dead." She left that sentence in the air for a few moments, hanging in silence, "They died many years ago. Illness and glassbeaks. I was left alone for the other survivors had previous families, husbands. There is no one left for me."

Merevaika sat down, gesturing for him to join her. "I live far because I have nowhere else. I need to be close to the Sea of Grass - it is where I hunt and work." Her sigh was deep and thoughtful, exaggerated as she stared past him into the distance. "I am no friend to you, am I?" she said, looking towards him curiously, "Although I could be - perhaps I could be something more." Merevaika knew that was what he wanted. Her attempt at sly suggestion collapsed but the meaning got across clear.

Being something more was what he wanted and at the chance of being it, the man would be more likely to help her, give her more. At least, that was what Merevaika believed. She barely knew what this man was thinking, let alone what would get him where she wanted him. She waited for his reaction before going anywhere further. She most certainly didn't want to ruin anything.

"Pavi"
Grassland sign
"Common"
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Animal Ties (Merevaika)

Postby Erikal on February 12th, 2016, 3:06 am

Erikal chuckled to see the glare she gave him in answer to his comments on her cooking. He knew it unwise, but he simply could not help himself. Merevaika was a complete mystery to him. Many of the pieces to the puzzle were put into place with the answers he received. Her family was dead and she had no one to shoulder the load but herself. It seemed a rude and heartless thing to deny her his help. And he owed her for Freya anyhow.

As they talked, it seemed abundantly clear to the both of them that something was going on. It happened between the spaces of breath and speech. Secret little smiles and nervous laughter. A whole different agenda from what they were actually discussing. Erikal thought of taking the woman's hand to offer his condolences for the grief at having lost a family would cause. But he did not. Instead, he stared into the fire, thinking of a world where he existed without his father, mother, uncle, and cousins. Such a place seemed desolate of love to him. Yet the woman before him had managed through it. She had survived with skills in the harsh environment. He valued that will in her.

He also valued that smile of hers and those unique emerald eyes that always seemed to sparkle with mischief. In her he found a kindred spirit, and found a grin etching its way across his face. Perhaps he grinned at the nature of her odd question. Was he a friend to her? And then she insinuated that there could be more between them. Or was he reading too much into it? If he was, her smile vanquished his doubts and her stare pulled him to her like metal filings to a magnet....

One moment they were discussing Merevaika's tough situation and possible hunting work he could do for her to pay off his debt to the next his mouth upon hers, warm and sweet. A fiery passion stoking itself at the touch of her, the scent of her skin, the taste of her lips. The fire crackled and he lost interest in the bowl of stew, it settled onto the ground where it was promptly set upon by the dogs. Erikal used his hands for more interesting purposes. For holding and running fingers through lush brown strands of hair. Time seemed to stand still for the duration of the kiss.

Or perhaps time itself was simply trivial when coupled with desire.
Erikal
I'm hunting you!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Animal Ties (Merevaika)

Postby Merevaika on February 14th, 2016, 3:55 pm

Merevaika

He gazed into the fire, then looked at her. She tried to stare deep into his eyes, repeating a chant in her head. For Freya, for me. For Freya, for me. This was for nothing else. She didn't care for him. She just needed to make sure she didn't take it too far so he thought that it could go even further.

He kissed with passion, taking it all in. His hands ran through her hair, holding her head as he was lost in the moment. Merevaika held her breath, trying to kiss back. Natural instinct told her to slap him away, push him away, but that was against what she was trying to do. She she sat there awkwardly, letting him kiss her as she tried to figure out what to do with her hands. Wrap them around him? That seemed too much, the idea uncomfortable. The whole kissing thing was incredibly awkward, but she should have planned for this.

Eventually, her hands moved to his chest, first holding onto his shirt, then gently pushing away. That was enough. She couldn't do this anymore. Merevaika tried to blush, looking away. "It's too early, I'm sorry," she spoke, thinking too fake. Perhaps this lovesick Erikal wouldn't notice. She turned back to him, regaining composure. She reached out to take his hand. "I'm sorry."

She then reached out towards the puppies, running her fingers through their fur. She had to leave, this was too awkward. Leave and figure out a new plan, because there was no way she could keep on kissing him without realising that she had been lying. Oh, why did he not just pay her upfront? Thankfully, Meda seemed to realise this, or just had the right timing, trotting up and sniffing Merevaika's hair to get her attention. The horse nipped her shoulder lightly, prancing away and giving Merevaika the perfect response.

"Meda," she gestured to the horse, "I'm meant to be grooming her now. I need to work on her manners." She tried to smile awkwardly, but it came out more as a smile of relief. Oh well. She rose, moving away. "I assume everything we arranged is alright then?" Not that they arranged much. Once again, oh well. He knew the gist of it. "See you next time." With that, she outright turned away, pressing her face against Meda and tracing her fingers against the horse. Why was this so hard?

"Pavi"
Grassland sign
"Common"
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Animal Ties (Merevaika)

Postby Erikal on February 25th, 2016, 11:09 pm

So caught up in the moment of touching and the taste of her, he did not at first realize something was amiss. But upon separating from her, eyelids flickering open, he did not see what he hoped for. There was no fiery passion to mirror his own. That green stare was not caught under any spell of love. He glanced down at her hand upon his chest and heard her words of apology and saw her take his hand. But all of it meant nothing to him now.

It was apparent this woman did not share his intent. He mentally chastised himself for being so blind, so stupid. He should have heeded his aunt's advice. But try as he might to feel some sort of anger towards the woman for not reciprocating affection, he could not. He had simply wanted what was not his to have. He slipped his hand away from hers and nodded mutely. Avoiding her stare to gaze at the puppies.

It had not been about that to start, why should it matter anyway? He asked himself, rubbing a hand over his face. He wanted a dog for hunting and Freya was perfect. It was only honorable to fulfill his end of the bargain and do what deeds Merevaika needed done. Erikal stood, masking the pain in his eyes with a stoic bearing. "Aye then. I too should get going. I've hunting to do as was promised," he said somewhat stiffly.

He strode past Merevaika and crouched by Freya to scratch her behind the ears. "See you later Frey," he said with a chuckle, the pup licked his hand and eagerly searched for yet more scraps of food on his person. He fended her off and prepared to leave. Hesitating for a moment to sign farewell and stay safe to Merevaika before preparing to head off.
Erikal
I'm hunting you!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Animal Ties (Merevaika)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on March 20th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Here ya go! Let me know if I missed anything!

Erikal
Retired
XP
  • XP
  • XP
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
  • Lore:
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount