(Flashback) Numb

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

(Flashback) Numb

Postby Tebridiar on January 22nd, 2011, 10:38 pm

He dug his nails into his head and screamed.

“She was MINE! MINE! What the HELL! You BASTARDS!” He cursed repeatedly, screaming them across the room. Other people from the grubby little houses began to emerge, to see what the fuss was about.

The Master launched himself across the room, and started furiously walloping Beck with everything he had. But he was frail, and the huge man flung him against a wall. People looked into the door, and into the horrible scene that lay before their eyes.

“You took her! YOU BASTARDS TOOK HER!” He pointed his finger at them, looking towards the other people edging into the house. “YOU RAPED HER!” He cast a horrified look at his slave, who was now reacting to what was going on. She was shaking wildly, taking in deep, rattling breaths.

The people who had come to investigate were a rough looking bunch. But they were sickened by what had taken place in this room, and to such a young looking girl. They were advancing, menacingly, towards Beck’s little gang.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Numb

Postby Tebridiar on January 22nd, 2011, 10:46 pm

Everything took off very quickly. A bit like lighting a match, it happens so fast you can barely see how it started.

A lot of them had daggers, and other strange weapons that couldn’t be named. All in all there was about 15 men fighting in a cramped space, and most of them were attacking Beck’s little group. They had heard and seen enough, and they were convinced that Beck was going to pay for what he had done.

Even in Sunberth, there is atleast some form of justice system. The people just seem to have taken it into their own hands.

All Tebridiar could do was hunch up, and try not to scream. It was so terrifying to her, knives glinting madly, people crashing all over the place. The crunching of wood and walls, and possibly bone.

Tebridiar tried to escape but there was no gap. She was sure she was going to get sliced, cut open by someone wildly slashing away in the heat of the moment. She wasn’t too far from the truth either…

She saw it out of the corner of her eye, and it happened almost like a flash. One minute, a crazed man was ambling towards her, with a rather strange looking weapon in his hand. She noticed far too late it was the huge ringleader. Beck. The next minute, or next second… it was just pain.

She shrieked, screaming, thumping her fists. She felt the blade as it was thrust right into her upper back, she could hear her tendons and muscle split and rip as it penetrated further, and she felt like she would break her jaw if she opened her mouth any wider, she just exploded in a torrent of sound.

And everything had to go black. There was no other way.

It was easier to pass otu than to comprehend anything right now...

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Numb

Postby Tebridiar on January 22nd, 2011, 11:00 pm

No. Please. No. No.

I don’t want to wake up. I don’t want to wake up… I can’t. I can’t take it anymore.

She chanted it in her mind, the little wall she could keep to herself. She could hide behind that little wall. Mind readers, as far as she knew, didn’t exist. Oh, how lovely it would be to just. Stop. Existing.

But she did wake up.

Her eyes opened, and she saw everything. She was still in Sunberth, she could tell form the grimy little walls and the look of absolute hopelessness or deviousness on the faces of the people. But thye were outside a grubby window. And she was inside.

The Master glared at her. A strange woman was sat, tending to her, a look of surprise on her face.

“Dear!” She whispered. “You woke up! You… you woke up!” She sounded so amazed, like a miracle had just taken place. But then, Tebridiar remembered, and the pain came back. Everything came back, in horrible little waves that wanted to drag her under, pull her so far down she would drown under the weight of them.

And she felt it, as if the knife was still inside her, still deep inside. But it felt like it was masked, like she couldn’t scream. Something soothing was helping her, some sort of drug.

“Darling, darling, look at me. It must hurt. I know it does, I know. I want you to know we managed to save your spine. You will probably walk again, dear!” The woman said it like it amazing. Probably walk again? “But… something… something is wrong with you. Something I don’t think I can cure.”

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Previous