PM to join [Orphanage]A New Game To Play

Elann meets up with a couple new people.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Orphanage]A New Game To Play

Postby Elann on December 17th, 2015, 6:13 am

Elann, much like the girls who were surrounding Shadyn, loved stories. So as he spoke of where he was from, many of them listened. Little did he know, but he was likely filling little girls heads full of ideas of "dream" parents who would come carry them away on the backs of eagles and the like. They did not know why exactly Shadyn and his friend showed up, but all of them were on their best behavior.

"It sounds beautiful," Elann voiced softly as if trying to picture it in her head. "I have a friend who is an Eagle Kelvic. Eagles are magnificent birds by themselves. I couldn't imagine one many times larger than a man, let alone having riding one."

She seemed frightened at the thought briefly but then it faded. Elann, unlike many people, did seem to be a social type of person. She enjoyed speaking, even though her common wasn't the best. She did reach up briefly with a gloved hand and brushed some of her curls back, asking, "What is, Telepathy?"

As the girls began to pull and tug at his feather, she moved closer, reminding a couple of the girls when they started to get a bit carefree. It got to the point where Elann herself had to help with his hair.

"You know what?" she asked, "I think if you were to come back, maybe you could give the children a little lesson on Wind Reach and your volcano...Mt...Skyin..arta? Show them where it is on Kalea. Is that something you could try? I'm sure they'd love it."

She finished with his hair as the girls began to dust him lightly with perfumes and lotions on the areas where his skin was bare. Really it was just an excuse to make him all the more smelly. Eventually Elann would help him up with a hand, giggling at the display.

"It's best not to look at what they've done." A hand came to her mouth to hide her smile and she looked down in shame for what she had done to him. She then asked the girls, "Are you done with him?"

Some of them nodded in agreement, but one of them came to give him a little scepter to hold before Elann went to go check on the boys. Seeing them in the hall and the horribly amazing getup they had put on Lanira, she laughed aloud and went back to Shadyn.

"They are ready. Come."

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts

Elann
Player

Words: 322359
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Shadyn on December 18th, 2015, 4:12 am

“Telepathy is speaking and feeling in the mind. When Xarrt speaks, you hear it in your head, not with your ears. I’ve heard that some people can have great powers with this. The only telepathy users I know, though, are Wind Eagles.”

As she worked with his hair, and the girls coated him in various feminine beauty products, she suggested that he teach the children about Wind Reach and his people. He had never considered the fact that he could teach people. Granted, language might pose an issue…but that was easy enough to overcome…there were not complex ideas he needed to convey, at least at first. He could bring Xarrt along…that would not only excite the kids, but he could help with translation.

“Sure…I’d love to teach. I never have. Might be fun.”

He took the hand Elann proffered and rose, laughing at what he could see of himself. His head must have been the real laughing stock…but what the heck. Elann opened the door, and the girls proceeded to exit before him like a royal entourage. When he finally left behind them, he made a point of walking as nobly as he could. When he saw Lanira…he nearly fell on the floor laughing. His first instinct was to taunt her in Nari.

“Oh you glossy-crest!” Switching to Common for the benefit of the others in the room, he put one hand on his hip, grinned, and batted his eyelashes. He spoke in his falsetto voice. “My…how charrrrmming! You are just sooo dashing, my good fellow!”

Lanira smiled…or at least, Shadyn thought she did, since he could barely make out her face through the mask. She hurled back at him, also in Nari, “Well, so says the cuckoo!”

He mocked disgrace and put a hand to his chest. “Me?” Nooooo…how DARE you!? Lanira…try to stick to Common, though…for the good of the Yasi. They want to enjoy our humor…remember, we aren’t in Wind Reach anymore…”

She nodded, and responded in Common. “You pretty much yourself.”

Shadyn did his best attempt at a curtsey, then turned to Elann. “Well now…tell me…who wins?”

Narration and Shadyn (normal text) -- Lanira (bold text) -- Thoughts and Xarrt's telepathic speech (italics)

NOTE: No matter what the language of conversation, Shadyn will almost always speak to Lanira in Nari, and she will use Nari with him, unless otherwise stated.
Shadyn
Master of Dictomancy

Words: 124526
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2015, 8:34 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Elann on December 18th, 2015, 12:55 pm

"Oh, so Telepathy is a magic then?" She curiously asked. After hearing the explanation, and the various explanations of some few other magical arts, she had concluded that it must be. Surely it didn't make sense to be a Gnosis.

He agreed to take his knowledge and bless the children with it. She had not spent too much time at the orphanage, but she had been in at least a handful of times, and in those times she had given a horribly rough teaching lesson of her tribe and how they would wander the desert. She didn't think the children learned much from it, but at the very least, her willingness to be up there for them brought rare excitement to their lives.

"I think they'd really love it. You don't have to amaze them with lessons huh girls?" They seemed to agree, chiming in with a singsong-like manner that lessons were Good! "Just get up there and give it try. I did. It was really fun. I made an fool of myself," she joked and the girls giggled with her.

The Princess began to head toward the door with her Royal Entourage and Elann opened the door for them, awaiting to see the look on his face when he saw his friend. Aenysa had come to view as well, hearing the giggling of kids rising up louder and louder. Elann sniffled a little bit as she waited for the two forces to collide, and when they did, boy it was hilarious. Shadyn went about mocking and playing the part as if he was a man playing a woman in some horrible theater troupe. Then Lanira, and her "man beard" seemed to be hurling back insults at him, almost seeming to perfectly fit the part.

All eyes were now on her and she tried to discern the winner, moving steadily over to Aenysa who seemed to be stationed in the middle of the two masses of children. As it came time for her to decide, each of the groups of children rose up louder and louder trying to garner her attention. Some pointed out the sash or makeup, the 12 swords, the belt that wrapped many times around Lanira; all of it mixed together into one loud shouting match that both her and Aenysa waved their hands downward to calm.

"Okay! I have made my decision. Both of your costumes were wonderful. The hair for Shadyn, and the twelve swords for Lanira, but the winner goes to..." she paused for dramatics, "The boys!"

There was an eruption of whines from the girls and yays from the boys who all patted Lanira for winning. Elann was trying to say something and only when they calmed down enough they could hear her repeated words, "...because! Because of the beard you kids made with her hair. Very original. Now! Lets give both sides a hand and thank them for playing with us hmm?"

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts

Elann
Player

Words: 322359
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Previous