An Unusual Circumstance

[Ayatah]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

An Unusual Circumstance

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 27th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Skyard listened to the boy as he spoke, and Kuame told him about how he had a friend that was also a Kelvic. He seemed to be perfectly fine with the fact that he was a kelvic. Skyard learned that a friend of Kuames was a kelvic Buffalo although he’s never seen a buffalo at all. Skyard had been incredibly relieved that the young man hadn’t freaked out about the fact that he was a Kelvic. A sigh of relief exited his lungs as he said so and grinned at Skyard almost in a fashion that gave Sky the feeling of acceptance. He followed up the first question with a second one, about rather or not he was good with the preparation of food. Skyard had to be truthful and tell the boy that he hardly eats any cooked food.

“Kuame, truthfully I don’t generally eat food that is cooked. Normally I eat it the moment it is taken down and swallow it up while it is still nice and warm.” He spoke comfortable being that he knew Kuame was accepting of the truth. He asked questions again, my goodness was this boy intelligent Sky thought to himself as he smiled at the boys questions and alertness. He wanted to know rather or not Skyard could fight, and if he could teach Kuame when he was of proper age. Skyard most certainly didn’t mind at all because of the fact that he was taught by force, but when someone was willing then he definitely would. Skyard enjoyed the little boys company and chuckled a bit when he asked about rather or not Skyard fought.

“Tell you what my young man, I will teach you to fight when you are older. You are just fine, and you can ride me when I change forms. That is quite alright with me, Kuame!” He spoke excitedly in order to make the boy smile and promote positive reactions from him. Skyards ultimate goal was to be as impressive as possible; the little boy seemed to be fascinated with him. Skyard knew very well that the little boy wanted to keep him around and the very thought made him happy. He smelled the food, and noticed how appetizing the aroma had been, and the very moment that she called he stood erect. Skyard was incredibly hungry after the encounter they’d had mere chimes earlier.

She intrigued him with the words “it’s a Myrian specialty” Skyard expected nothing other than the best now; a woman that could battle and cook? Skyard felt as if he had it all in one woman; not only was she gorgeous a warrior a hunter a responsible mother, but now she was a cook as well? Skyard couldn’t have possibly been more impressed until the moment Kuame had an outburst. Skyard burst into laughter as Kuame seemed to have seen right through the small lie that she told. “It just means that she’s burnt it a bit.” Kuame spoke and Skyard laughed to bits immediately due to the fact that his first bond mate used to do the same thing. Skyard didn’t mind at all, and after a moment of laughter he had a seat at the dining table. He smiled at Ayatah and asked a question based upon one of the multiple questions Kuame asked.

“Ayatah, I did want to ask you something. Kuame here wants to know rather or not I’m your.. “boyfriend” and I wanted to know as well. Am I your boyfriend, Darling?” He teased her and gave a wink to Ayatah as he beckoned her with the question. Skyard knew that kuame would immediately react to the question he’d just asked Ayatah and couldn’t wait to hear the result.
Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

An Unusual Circumstance

Postby Ayatah on December 27th, 2015, 9:23 pm

Ayatah found herself also laughing, half-drunk on relief and happiness over how well her son and Skyard were getting on. This is what she had wanted, for as long as she could remember: a family. She had once imagined herself with a Myrian family, Razkar as the father and their dark-skinned little sons and daughters all quarrelling together in that typical Myrian way.

But then her imagined family had changed; her husband and father of her children became a faceless shape of a man, tall and loving but utterly unidentifiable. Their children subsequently became fuzzy little blurs that had no personality. They were no longer Myrian children, but nothing had filled that cultural gap.

And when Kuame came into her life, that imaginary family underwent yet another change. She had the child now, just not he husband. Ayatah also knew that Kuame’s very presence in her life would make her searching for a husband all the more challenging: it took a very special type of man to accept a woman and child.

But as Aya watched Skyard interact with her son, she began to consider that perhaps she had found that rare species of male. She prayed to both Myri and Cheva that she had. Aya’s desire of a family of her own was painful, desperate. She longed to have a partner who she could drink wine with and go to dinner with, and a child who she could teach all those lessons she had learnt as a young girl. But she did not want to get too attached to the idea, lest her hopes he dashed and taken from her as they before.

As if in reply to her silent worries, Skyard asked her a question that was, to say the least, unexpected. Am I your boyfriend, Darling? Were the words that had left his lips, but Aya barely believed it. This was all too neat, too perfect. First she met a man, and then that man had accepted her son. And now that very same perfect, handsome, strong, clever man was asking for her to declare the status of their relationship. She desperately wanted to jump up and say Yes! Yes! Yes! Of course you are! But fear and paranoia held the Myrian back.

Instead she slid a look to her son. Kuame bounced in his seat, quite obviously holding something back himself. “What’d you think, Kuame?” She enquired, arching a brow back towards Skyard.

The boy nodded, bounced higher in his seat and loudly declared, “yes yes yes yes oh please Aya yes he’s a Lion I want a lion and so do you oh please Aya.”

“Oh, go on then.” She replied finally, grinning to Skyard and standing up, reaching over the table kiss him lightly on the lips. “If you want to be, that is.”
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

An Unusual Circumstance

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 28th, 2015, 12:30 am

After Skyard teased Ayatah with the simple question he couldn’t wait to see her reaction. Skyard was incredibly happy, and a smile had been presented upon his visage. The small dimples in both his cheeks were revealed simultaneously, and it seemed that she felt rather happy about the fact that he beckoned her with the question. Skyard enjoyed the company of the little boy Kuame quite a bit. He was a rather enthusiastic child with a large intellectual capacity; he’d been impressed with the boys’ ability to converse with ease. Skyard couldn’t be more pleased with everything that went on at the moment. Skyard wanted a dedicated relationship, and he believed that he’d found it.

His heart hammered away beneath his chest cavity as he awaited a response, and the response he’d gotten was quite unexpected. She went and asked for her sons’ approval rather than simply having rose to the occasion on her own. Kuame himself actually approved, and his approval was incredibly heavy; he seemed to have been fascinated with the idea that Skyard was a lion. Skyard after all did have the intention to be with Ayatah and willingly accepted the child along with her. The ticks that passed by briefly as he waited for the answer made him incredibly nervous. However the moment that he approved his smile grew wider and he heard the woman speak. Before she suddenly reached over the table and kissed his lips; the moment she released she spoke again.

She made a rather bold statement, and Skyard smirked at what she said. Had she challenged him when he practically asked her to establish a true relationship with him? She approved, however Skyard felt as if she attempted to withhold what she truly wanted to say and simply “played it cool”. Skyard was caught off guard and could hardly move presently, but he knew that later on he would get back at her for doing such a thing. Kuame most certainly didn’t object to Skyards company and for now that is all he wanted. He replied with a few short words to Ayatahs statement.

“Of course I want to be, Love. I know that I shouldn’t speak so rashly in front of Kuame. However, I do feel that if I held back my words I would be doing myself injustice. Ayatah, I think that you are by far the most amazing woman I’ve ever encountered. The fact that we’ve established a relationship means a lot to me. You are absolutely incredible, and as is the young man here.” He concluded his speech before he looked down at the bowl of meat alongside a plate of bread. Skyard felt honored about the fact that he could enjoy a meal alongside these two; his newfound “family.”

He decided to ask the question now that the topic had been brought up. “Kuame, how would you feel about me sticking around.. For a very, very long time? I want to be here for you both, and I want both of you to know that I care about you deeply. “He spoke again before he dug in and grasped hold of a small portion of his very first cooked meal. Sky took a portion of the meat and placed it within his mouth before he chewed briefly and tasted the juice that exited the tender meat as he’d done so. He enjoyed the rather rich, simplistic flavor and tasted the pepper and the salt simultaneously. He found the food to be absolutely delicious, and a brief “mmm” exited his esophagus although the noise was soft it was very well audible.

Skyard looked up for a moment and commented on the food; this was his first cooked meal and he enjoyed every bit of it. He enjoyed the slight taste of the burn alongside with the freshness of the seasoned meat, and could hardly muster the words to come up with a complement. “ Darling this food is excellent! Actually, it is the very first cooked meal that I’ve ever had. It’s warm and actually tastes amazing; I spent all of this time thinking that cooked food would taste disgusting, but it simply enhances the flavor!” He spoke enthusiastically.
Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

An Unusual Circumstance

Postby Konrad Venger on April 27th, 2016, 4:02 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Sykard

XP:
Socialization - 3
Investigation - 1
Rhetoric - 2
Observation - 2

Lore:
Socialization: Some Conversation AFTER the Sex
Ayatah: Slayer of Giant Beasts
Sometimes, it's Better to Show, not Tell
Socialization: Introductions with a Child
Pursuing a Dedicated Relationship (With the Right Woman)

Click Me! :
Awwww, and here was me thinking you were just a soulless poon-hound? How surprising! You really made this work, I think, balancing Skyard's animal nature with a very human desire to be with someONE, not just ANYone. The interactions with Kuame were delightful, too: kinda reflects meeting a spouse's/date's child for the first time, with all the usual twists that Miz can lend that scenario lol

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4