PM to join Free Ale, Good Company [Ferrin Al'Mandrikan]

A night at the Rearing Stallion

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Free Ale, Good Company [Ferrin Al'Mandrikan]

Postby Naveena Clematis on December 23rd, 2015, 5:54 am

Naveena Clematis

52nd Day of Winter 515 AV

Naveena glanced up at the red and white dyed signed that read "Rearing Stallion" hanging over an open doorway. Since it was still early evening, the noise from the tavern was still a low hum echoing out onto the street. Naveena stepped under the vibrant sign into the entrance of tavern, noticing that it was still mostly bare of patrons at this time. The few people gathered were obviously only there to quench their thirst and fill their guts with a warm stew.

Naveena left the door open and inviting as she made her way slowly towards the bar. It was really a nice, clean tavern, with a dry floor and roaring fireplace to warm its patrons' bones on this cool evening. At first glance, it looked as if it was an establishment that frequented bar fights rather than artists of either musical instruments or dance. But after an evening of chatting with one of the waitresses, Naveena spoke with owner about performing a few evenings every week.

Naveena had grown rather fond of the tavern, for its warm vibe and respectful patrons. It was a place where she could make up her dance as she went rather than executing complicated, exotic movements that the White Swan Inn preferred. And while she was able to demonstrate her skills in aerial dancing at the White Swan, there was something wonderful in the laid-back manner of this tavern.

Naveena nodded to the friendly waitress before moving toward the raised dais on the north end of the tavern. She gently removed her black cloak, revealing a pretty, simple dress dyed in an ice blue hue. It was called a 'free-flowing' gown that reached to mid-calf and was made up of multiple sashes that moved independent from the rest of the dress. The neckline wrapped around her pale neck, exposing her shoulders and upper back for flexibility purposes. It was fitted dress on her slender form but the skirt drifted around her hips to provide space for dancing. It was pretty but not one of her more elegant pieces and certainly not as fine as her Ranekissra silk.

Naveena hung the cloak up on a wedged hook and took a seat on the dais to replace her simple boots for her dancing shoes of silver and ebony. At this time, her silver hair was wrapped in a white sash while the other dancing sashes were tied strategically around her arms and lower legs in varying hues. She had done her makeup simply today, in hues that made her lilac-colored eyes appear more blue than purple. She was ready.

With the tavern slowly filling with patrons, Naveena stepped up on the dais as a man holding a musical instrument unknown to her took a seat at a nearby table and began to play. It was a light-hearted tune, one that could easily find rhythm in. Naveena smiled out to the crowd and gave a low bow that oozed grace and sophistication. She closed her eyes briefly, letting her muscles 'hear' the song and all that was left unsaid in the beautiful tones. Naveena let her body go, allowing it to move as it will to the tap of feet and slight humming of the instrument.

Naveena loved dancing at the Rearing Stallion; it allowed to dance in such an unrestrained way that her mother would whack her across the knees if she saw such a dance. But she let her feet flit across the raised dais, moving and twisting with the notes. The sashes flowed around her body in an effortless action as her muscles fell into a familiar rhythm. She almost doing a jig but her arms and legs moved too gracefully to be considered such.

Naveena spun tightly and lept in place on the small dais before a sparse crowd, smiling and winking at a few patrons. While it was something she would never do usually, dance made her want to be daring, outgoing, and flirtatious in a way foreign to her. Naveena used every bit of space available to her on the dais as the tune picked up pace and demanded more energy from her. She was only too happy to oblige as she lept and flipped in place, drawing awws and oohs from the crowd.

Naveena recognized the finishing notes of the song. Her feet tapped and flitted across the dais, ending in a spin in which she pulled the white sash loose from her head. Long strands of loosely wavy hair dipped in the colors of starlight and slate rippled down her back as she finished a tight turn. The song ended with Naveena planted in an acrobatic stance with her silver hair loose about her. The tavern filled with beautiful applause and a couple of coins hit the dais with a clink. Naveena unfolded herself from her stance and bowed gracefully to the crowd before picking up the stray coins and waltzing toward the bar.

Naveena counted the coins quickly before placing them into the sewed-in pocket of the dress for safekeeping. Luckily, the bar owner was respected enough that entertainers were not hassled for their wages, although when she stepped outside it was another story. Naveena smoothly slid onto a stool as the waitress slid an ale towards her. While Naveena greatly preferred wine to anything else, she was not going to turn down the free ale provided to entertainers. Naveena took a sip of the dark ale in as she waited for a just a few more of the chairs to be filled before stepping onto the dais again.
Naveena Clematis
a dance of silk and shadows

Words: 21257
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2015, 8:51 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 24th, 2015, 3:17 am

It was definitely chilly out within the Fortress City of Peace. Even with all of these warm bodies roaming around Syliras. Ferrins afternoon was intended to be spent at the Rearing Stallion for some lunch and maybe to purchase some new household items, for his newly purchased home. One, he rented a room in the Traveler's Row. A really nice and calm-lije apartment. It was certainly a better place to stay then the Heralds Arms. Where the Inn was busy day and night.

Ferrin was glad that he didn't need to stay at the inn for to long. Otherwise he would might have had gone insane. His sleep was lacking. Until he rented out an apartment room. His rings under his eyelids were fading. Ferrin fisimthat he could have a nice afternoon meal. A nice staleamy bowl of soup and possibly some entertainment. It has had been awhile since he had visited the Rearing Stallion.

The red and white painted sign, and a engraved drawing of a horse was displayed above the door frame. Ferrin simply walked through the now opened door. A warm invitation stating to welcome all friendly commoners. The tavern was definitely welcoming and it felt warm and vital-like. Ferrin stepped in and nodded to the bartender who had waved him in. Giving Ferrin a simple welcoming.

What Ferrin had heard before he stepped through the Rearing Stallion, he heard a sound of laughter and clapping, loud clapping as he neared the tavern. Ferrin figured that he should investigate to see what the entertainment was. But when he had stepped within the building, the entertainment, seemed to have been a miss. Ferrin took his seat at a stool behind the counter.

He ordered a fresh streaming bowl of soup. And a glass of wine. Ferrin took out his change and handed it to the bartender. He took the money feeling mostly obliged. He waved to one of the waitresses who was busy with another order by a table a bit of ways away. She nodded to the bartender and finished with her clients order. Walking towards the kitchen to give the orders to the chef.

The warm hearth set ablaze a fire warm as steamed bowl of soup. The fire was welcoming and all of this commotion made Ferrin think of home. It didn't hurt as much as it did when he had first arrived at Syliras. But there was a slight pain that filled Ferrins eyes with doubt and depression. He ever so wondered if his parents will forgive him from leaving home.

The bartender came back with a glass of wine, as well as another glass for someone else. The bartender handed one to Ferrin, and the other to a female figure. Ferrins blue eyes turned to see who the young and stunning figure was. He turned to get a quick, nice glance at her. She was a beautiful konti.

One built with a gorgeous frame and a seemingly beautiful smile. She wore an elegant blue dress. One to Ferrin, seemed like a delicate dress. One that must've costedFerrin looked away, with the feeling of awkwardness. He didn't want to make things feel awkward.

He took a few sips of his glass of wine and then took out his locket. The one locket that was a silver metal. What was inside was a painting of his family; mother, father, sister, and his brother. The thoughts of his family filled his mind as he grazed at his locket. It was a heirloom from his mother, that he had gotten one day.

The fire cackled and chiseled as the afternoon grew on. Warning off whatever cold that could possibly enter the tavern. Conversations and the like was all around. And Ferrin sat by himself, and it seems like he would want to be alone, but in reality. Finding a nice person to talk to wouldn't be too bad.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Naveena Clematis on December 24th, 2015, 5:27 am

Naveena Clematis

Naveena drank her ale steadily as her lavender eyes skimmed the tavern patrons. As the moon overtook the sun, people of multiple races and occupations filed into the tavern. Naveena hurried her ale consumption as the people began settling into their chairs with their bowls of stew on the way.

Naveena trailed her sharp, black nails against the wood of the bar, reading the mood of the tavern. It was important to be aware of her surroundings since she was absent her padded light armor this evening. One hard shove from an intoxicated customer could put her out of work for weeks. Such was the downside to her light Symenestran skeletal structure.

As she thought of her own spider-like race, she noticed there was a lack of Symenestra within the tavern as per usual. In fact, she saw very little of her own race in Syliras. Travelling and living in Syliras had certainly held its unexpected surprises, since before she fled Kalinor, she had only seen a handful of races in person. And while the city was mostly dominated by humans, it wasn't uncommon to see a Konti or Insur on the streets.

Naveena's pupil-enlarged eyes found a man also sitting a the bar with a bowl and glass of wine before him. He appeared human with dark, curly hair and an unique color to his eyes. He was attractive, to say the least and when he briefly glanced at her, Naveena's soft smile twitched into place. She took another sip of her ale before pushing the glass away, careful not to scratch the cup with her claw-like nails. With that, she slid from the bar stool and made her way back to the dais.

The musician, pulling himself away from the waitress, resumed his place at the table with instrument in hand. Naveena swiftly leaned her weight forward and used the edge of the dais for support and she acrobatically flipped her way onto the dais. As she thought, the flawless move drew the attention of the patrons back to the stage where they saw a silver-haired woman draped in silks and sashes bow low.

Naveena pulled herself out of her stance with a fluid grace and turned from crowd, her muscles setting into a very structured stance designed for a skilled performance. She turned her lilac gaze to the musician and used a hand signal to signal a slow musical tone. Naveena had learned that dancers native to Sylira often used hand signals to the musicians for the type of song they wanted. And while Naveena wanted to keep true to her Symenestran dancing heritage, she needed to adapted to the customs of her new home.

The music began soft yet impactful, and Naveena smiled at the intensity of the notes. It was a beautiful song, rich in tone and meaning. It seemed to speak of a beloved homeland or lost lover, with long stretches of high notes and deep notes thrown in. Naveena listened and let her arms move in a weaving pattern high above her head. The sashes ripple and cascaded around her in an almost hypnotizing manner. She intentionally let her claws clicked together with the music as her hands and arms swayed in an unbelievably graceful action with the music.

As deep tones entered the song, Naveena let her hips and legs join into the rhythm. She was rippling water over stones, falling snowflakes, and a whistle within the frostbitten trees. Her feet moved across the dais now, adding more sashes to the moving sensation that was Naveena. Her eyes were closed as she listened to the melody, transfixed on its beauty and powerful. Even with closed eyes, she sense where every inch of her body was on the platform. She was not in danger of even touching the edge.

Naveena let the action in her body speed up as the song gained momentum, though it still held that low, sensual tone. She spun and fanned her arms, deftly untying a sash from her right wrist and sweeping it upward to bring more effects to her performance. As the song dipped into loud tones, she began building intensity in her leaps and spins. The song climaxed but as the applause broke out, the musician threw the dancer into another song which she fervently loved.

On and on the musician played and the dancer twisted on the dais an almost never-ending energy. Naveena didn't know how long she danced but after a particularly busy tune, the musician waved to her that he needed a break. She elegantly bowed to the applauding patrons and multiple coins clinked onto the dais. Naveena stepped off the platform and quickly placed the coins in her pocket. She walked out onto the floor of the tavern, receiving and thanking the customers for their exuberant compliments. Naveena had noticed that in the Rearing Stallion, patrons wanted her to stop dancing for brief moments and socialize. And while it was a concept foreign to the way she was trained, she was only happy to oblige her audience.

Slowly but surely, she made her way back to her barstool where a fresh cup of ale was pushed in front of her. She nodded thanks to the barkeep before taking a small sip and turning back to observe the tavern. Naveena noticed the curly-haired man still present and nodded at him respectfully with a very faint smile displayed on her features.
Naveena Clematis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 24th, 2015, 3:23 pm

The tavern was soon filled with vitality. Ferrin was greeted with a bowl of hot stew and he took another look at the Konti. Just to find out, that she isn't sitting at the stool. Now Ferrin was curious. Before he was going to ask himself, where the female was. Music begun to play and the female with the blue dress was back on upon the dias.

Ferrin watched after he had put away his locket. The one that he had had received from his mother a while back. The locket only made his cloak pocket a little heavier. The female, was a brilliant dancer. One who twisted and turned with such elegance.

Ferrin noticed how she was moving with the rythm and tone of the song. The song was a good one, and the dancers' moves were filled with style and ever so elegance. The number ended after a few chimes. And the dancer bowed and headed back to her previous seat.

She seemed to have nodded to Ferrin as she sat down. Taking another sip of her darkened colored ale. Ferrin nodded back. His curly hair covered his eyes a bit. Maybe he should attend to a barbers shop? Get his hair done or something? If there is one in Syliras?

The tavern grew even more vital-like as more and more people strolled into the tavern. Ferrin took a few spoonfuls of his cooked stew. And decided that he should try and strike a conversation with the young female.

He slid over a few seats and took his meal with him. Setting it on the counter so none of it spilled."You dance wonderfully. That was really a stunning performance."Ferrin complemented. He took another bite before continuing."I wished I knew how to dance like that." Ferrin said in awe. He really didn't know how to dance. His mother had had tried teaching him. But he has had never gained the grasp of it. He smiled to the beautiful Konti. His teeth shined white as snow. And teal blue eyes shimmered from the blaze of the hearth.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Naveena Clematis on December 25th, 2015, 5:05 am

Naveena Clematis

Naveena smiled out at the tavern, waving her delicate hand in thanks at the few patrons who raised their cups at her performance. The adrenaline from the performance still raced through her gray veins, although from the look of the musician, she suspected it would be awhile before she could take up the dais again. The musician had settled in at one of the crowded tables, an empty ale pushed aside with a full ale already being chugged down his throat.

Naveena kept her eye on the musician as he joined into a card game she was unfamiliar with. She felt a slight tinge of worry at his reckless behavior, but she refused to be bothered by it. Naveena didn't need music to perform, it was just preferred. If it came down to it, she could hum a tune while tapped her feet against the wood of the dais to create a rhythm.

While focusing on the musician, Naveena noticed the man with uniquely colored eyes had moved over with his bowl and wine. She eyed him kindly, tiling his head in his direction as complimented her performance. Naveena smiled sweetly at the attractive man as he shared his own desire to dance as she did.

Thank you, you are most kind.

Naveena's words silkily tread off her tongue with a quality humans considered hypnotic. She took the free moment to analyze her companion, from the sincere smile to the distinctive lump in his cloak pocket. Naveena trailed away from the pocket in a polite manner and made the curiosity leave her eyes. It was quite different to dance here than in Kalinor. For a dance performance, Naveena only exhibited the highest forms of aerial dancing that she had mastered with the entire Web as an audience. It was not an idle passing of time, but an art in the making before the patrons. There was no socializing, no chatting; only a demonstration of the most celebrated form of dancing within Kalinor.

But this was not Kalinor, and being a professional dancer required Naveena to break out of her shell and socialize. Naveena extended a fine hand toward the young man as custom dictates. When becoming acquainted with strangers, Naveena was raised to light touch or shake hands in a greeting manner. While she wasn't sure if the man wanted to touch her hand tipped with ebony claws, but she wanted to at least offer.

My name is Naveena, whom might you be?
Naveena Clematis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 25th, 2015, 6:18 pm

The tavern grew more so with vitality and energy. Conversations all about, drunken musings on one side of the tavern. Another side, where the musician was ended playing some card game, if Ferrin was good at determining the game, he would say what game it would be. Ferrin seemed to be used to it. He has only been here in Syliras for two seasons and a half-ish. What the problem is though, with winter, is that hunting. Hunting is a challenge for the winter season. And most of the animals are either in hibernation. Or, they have fled the busy like city, to either escape the hunters and huntresses of Syliras. And it the wolves.

The wolves have been quite active lately. Although Ferrin had had managed to decrease little of the wolves population. It still was a problem to the city. And hunters alone can't manage to kill off a lot of them to make the cycle even enough to last a few centuries. A few hunters isn't enough to decrease the population. Ferrin isn't fond of wolves, only if they are Kelvics, for one reason, the Kelvick wolves are somewhat more sentimental then the non kelvics. Overall though, hunting in general is a tough occupation. When Ferrin first arrived in Syliras, he wanted to register or join the Knighthood. And try to follow in his father's footsteps. But then at that point he has had realised that he might not be strong enough to be one, yet.

Fortunately, he had met someone who would help him with his training. He started the training, around Fall, and things have been doing quite well. There is much for Ferrin, to learn. He is willing to take in on all of the things that he can possibly learn of. Strategies, fighting, and of course the ability to use any Weapon. What Ferrin is worried about though, is if his training would be good enough for the Knighthood. He doesn't have a lot of skills that he can use for other job opportunities. And plus, Ferrin has enough Mizas to last the winter season. And once spring sprouts up again, the animals would come out of hibernation. And he can go back to hunting.

The lady that Ferrin has had given a commitment to. Thanked him with kindness and she gave him a pleasant smile. Ferrin smiled back. And then he had taken a spoonful of stew into his mouth. So many flavors tickled on Ferrins tougne. Ferrin was amazed of how wonderful the chef was at this place. He gulped down the spoonful and took his napkin cleaned off the remaining broth on his face that was left from the spoon. Naveena, that was her name. It was an interesting name. And it seemed to have fit with this character.

"The name is Ferrin, Ferrin Al'Mandrikan. Pleased to meet you. I don't think I can possibly dance as well as you can." Ferrin said, kindly. He took his hand and met Naveenas. Ferrin took her hand with a firm hand. "How did you learn to dance like that. Ms.Naveena?" Ferrin asked calmly. He took a small sip of wine after he had put down his napkin on the top of the counter, adjacent to his bowl of steaming stew. He was curious. And Ferrin was never a good dancer. But occasionally he can play the lute. Only a few chords, but it is enough to play a couple of songs.

He only had had started to play the instrument just a while back. After he had learned Pavi. A language mixed with hand motions, and a little speaking. Ferrin didn't know why he wanted to learn this language. Maybe it was just an interest, but Pavi is a language that can be of importance. Maybe he should purchase a lute here, in Syliras. And, perhaps try to play it more often. He was always told by his mother, "Practice, makes perfect. If you put the effort into it."

And it was practically true. All of the hard work that he put into his sword training. He managed to fend off the wolves and a few bandits. The bandits were the annoying ones though to. Especially the insignificant and utterly unintelligent ones. Ferrin was glad that he didn't run into anymore bandits when he was out hunting so far. But things can change.

And perhaps, this was coincidental that he had had met a beautiful looking lady. He smiled at her. He wondered what the lady was going to say next.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes