Completed Magical Practices

Xen practices reimancy...nothing special

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Magical Practices

Postby Xen on January 2nd, 2016, 7:51 am

A.V. Winter 4, 515

At the Travelers Row Xen sat quietly in his room. He sits watching the three balls of snow in front of him with a sharp gaze. The three orbs of frozen water seemingly return the same gaze back to Xen with their expressionless visages as they bask together in the rooms silence. Xen exhales, sighing to disrupt the silence enveloping the room. It was like he was admitting defeat and resigning from some unknown battle between him and the snowballs. But, this was not the case, sadly. “ ”

Xen did not like winter or anything to do with the cold! Especially, things like snowballs and ice. Xen´s only regret was that he listened to his parents and chose water as his first element instead of fire. Now he would have to practice with scale chilling snowballs during winter.
This is not the time to be consumed by personal discomforts! I need to become stronger and obtain more power!

Xen then starts to concentrate on his inner djed. He could feel the energy coursing through his veins and body, like blood. This substance he understood was djed: the driving force behind all and his existence. Xen lifts his left hand and places the back of it onto the table, revealing the palm. He then furthers his concentration to proceed onto the next step. Xen carefully guides his djed from the center of his body to his arm, down it, and then to the center of his palm.

He allows only a small amount of djed to flow to his palm, which he starts to transmute into res. Xen closes his eyes as a familiar fuzzy sensation envelops his fingers and their tips. When Xen opens his eyes he could see a transparent body of res levitating above his hand. He stops feeding the gaseous res djed, but continues to concentrate. The effects of concentrating for a few chimes began to show as Xen uses his free hand to clear the sweat that was starting to accumulate on his eyebrows.

How many chimes have I been doing this? No, that isn't right thing to ask. The time shouldn't matter.... I must continue without careless worrying. ” Xen talks to himself briefly before moving onto the final step. He turns his focus to the melting snowballs on the table and frowns at their icy presence. “ I´ll definitely use warm water next time,
Last edited by Xen on March 15th, 2016, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Magical Practices

Postby Xen on January 6th, 2016, 12:35 am

A.V. Winter 4, 515

The res in his hand was reminiscent of a heat shimmer. A person could look through it and see the other side, but the image inside would be distorted and odd—a mere simulacrum. Xen brought his hand holding the res closer to the snowballs. Yet, focuses on only one of them. The chosen snowball was the smallest and the fastest melting one. Water that made up its form was now spreading across a small portion of the table, soaking it slightly in the process.

When he felt the res was close enough, he concentrates to reestablish his focus. The res within his grasp shimmers slightly afterwards, like it was alive and responding. It was moments like these that made Xen believe that there was more to magic than just it being a tool to obtain power. Especially reimancy, where a piece of the soul was taken and transformed into a natural element. He couldn't resist being amazed by magic; his own and others included.

He pours his will into the levitating res, using it as a medium to draw the cold water towards him. The effects of his efforts began to show, but they occurred very slowly. Droplets of water rise off the table and hover towards him. The water droplets rotate, twist, and bubble while suspended in the air, seemingly overjoyed to be momentarily released from the clutches of gravity.

The attracted water flows around his res, encircling it perfectly and nearly covering it entirely. He decides to feed the res a bit more power by producing more res and adding more to its size. Now there was a slightly bigger golfball sized sphere of res and water floating before him, glowing beautifully light blue. Magic was truly wonderful! The use of magic would allow water to be held within one's palm without it slip through the fingers, but it did not appear to be able to bring back what had been lost.

I'll teach you about Reimancy, you ssscratch my back, I ssscratch yoursss, sssoundsss good? ” Xen suddenly recalls the fond words of his mate as he looks at the orb of water; his eyes filled with sadness and bitter longing—saudade.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Magical Practices

Postby Xen on January 15th, 2016, 8:57 am

A.V. Winter 4, 515

To think a moment like that would become a precious memory, ” In anger Xen propels the waterball away from him, sending it cascading above the snowballs and crashing into the floor behind the table. The sound of the waterball's impact echoes loudly throughout the room, but silence returns quickly to its depths. Xen's heartaches at the remembrance of such a memory; it wishing for the return of those simple days in Falyndar.

He regrets taking those days and nights for granted, realizing how foolish it was to think they'd last forever. He writhes in agony while thinking of all what could have been and the never to be. But, suffers silently in the room. He does not cry out loud or scream into the shadows within his room. He just sits with his head and body down upon the table; tears streaming down his face. Emotions that he knew began to merge together and form into things he hadn't felt before. These things felt dark and hollowing and began to spread throughout his body.

The numbness that accompanied these strange feelings did not alarm him at all. Somehow, he felt that this was okay, like this numbness would give rise to something new within him. “ I failed to keep all the promises I've made with the people I've known. Now their all gone; there's nothing left,” Amongst the various feelings he felt loneliness was the strongest and purest of them all. He truly had nothing now; his parents were gone some place else, his children were dead; his lover missing, and the last connection to her has disappeared.

All this from a single memory...

He did not know what to do within the pitch black well he called his life, beside drown in despair and his ever growing misfortune.
“”
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Magical Practices

Postby Sayana on July 23rd, 2016, 4:58 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Xen
Skills
  • Reimancy: 3
  • Meditation: 1
  • Endurance: 1
Lores
  • Reimancy: Disadvantages of water over fire in winter
  • Snowballs; an icy form of water
  • Reimancy: Using res for attraction
  • The heartache and loneliness of a lost lover and lost loved ones

Comments: Simple, but rather sweet and somewhat depressing. Poor Xen and living so alone in this world now. But I have to admit, I loved his almost innocent nature towards magic and the wonders it holds.

One thing to note, watch your tenses. While some people get away with writing only in present tense, most people on Mizahar use exclusively past-tense. The only real problem is when you start mixing between the tenses. So keep that in mind for future work.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)