PM to join I wasn't going to take it, I Swear[The Ocean's Forge]

Alija

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

I wasn't going to take it, I Swear[The Ocean's Forge]

Postby Gulle on January 12th, 2016, 7:59 pm

Winter 26th 515

Gulle had been here awhile, though only about a week now had he had a place to stay. This city full of mean people kept him too busy the first dozen or so days simply trying to get the right to eat to go exploring, and so he was itching for it now. He had left the hostle as soon as he could, the sun just barely starting to paint the sky with it's hue. Wandering along the streets, he was careful to not get close to any groups of monks he saw, already figuring out that while some were kind many were mean just to be mean.

His wandering led him towards the eastern district and down towards the docks, the last time he had been this way had been way to hectic, the day he had arrived. Now however he was just out looking, hoping to find something exciting to make this trip worth it. As he was going down he saw a sign that caught his eye, "The Ocean's Forge" it said, and while he knew it probably was just another smithy, if it held too much truth it was the shop of a Wizard capable of forging the ocean which was also worth the investigation. the way it was tucked in and just barely visible made the shop a mystery he had to see. Daydreaming about finding Laviku's personal forge, or perhaps a thousand year old secret wizard of immense power he strode towards the shop. The entire time the logical part of him telling him it'll just be a boring smithy and he'd have wasted his morning exploring.

With the sun still just barely cresting the horizon Gulle squashed the logical thoughts that kept nagging him and went up to the door and tried pulling on it, finding it too heavy for him to move, or just locked. Choosing to assume it was the former, he looked around the door before peering at the crack between it and the ground. Deciding it was wide enough he stood for a moment before moving forward, flattening himself out and squeezing himself through it. When he was on the other side he took a moment to go back to his original form, dusting himself off out of habit he looked down to make sure the robes he had chosen to mimic were still there, and then walked forward.

The shop was quiet, perhaps the inhabitants were out for a bit. It would be a kind thing of him to make sure everything was still in order when they got back. WIth a nod after that thought he strode forward, peeking up the stairs he saw before deciding to save that for later, moving through the shop into the forge. What he saw bored him until he saw another door leading further back. In this room there was just a forge and tools, nothing out of the ordinary but maybe behind that next door might be where the wizard who forged the ocean kept his things!

WIth a grin he started moving forward quickly, forgetting he hadn't exactly been invited to look through everything, and got to that door. Once more squeezing underneath he found himself in a plain stone room lined with supplies of all kinds. Seeing a particularly shiny pile, he moved over to it and started tugging at it. Before he knew it, the entire pile shifted causing an avalanche of metal to start cascading down around him, knocking Gulle down with it and causing a loud Ruckus. Dazed by the avalanche of materials, he simply continued to lay there, wondering what happened to him.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle
I swear I was just looking!

Words: 8994
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Alija on January 14th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Almost every morning was the same. Alija liked routine and tried to keep to it and one of the main parts of that routine was walking Rosco and Trump out along the docks, usually with either Kial or Thegans. Today, she walked with both, a longer walk than usual because of the slow pace of Thegans. He was in no rush to get anywhere, making the walk more leisurely and much longer.

It was quite late by the time they arrived back and Alija was eager to get into the forge and start working. After changing quickly, she hurried downstairs. This hurried pace transformed into a run with the loud noise of metal falling. Had something in the store slipped or had someone pulled the neat piles and sections down? Either way, she needed to fix it.

She burst through the door of the store, scanning the floor to see a large collection of metal scattered across the floor, all sorts of organisation lost. Among the shiny pieces lay a small clay boy, with wings and robe. Strange. She didn't remember every seeing something like that before, not in her shop and not elsewhere either. As far as she could tell, it wasn't even normal pottery - it seemed a little off, perhaps in colour or texture.

Alija reached down to grab it quickly, snatching the boy up. Thegans burst in behind her, armed with a frying pan. He stared the clay boy down. "There's a thief in our midst," he stated, not moving his eyes of the pycon. After all, he knew the things existed. Alija only knew stories.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 26th, 2016, 3:47 am

He lay there for a while, forever it seemed to him. Not noticing the sound of steps and voices in the building, nor the door opening to let a woman into the room to investigate. He lay there confused as to how he ended up on the floor, the tumble and blows with bits of metal knocking the sense out of him temporarily. He quickly came to himself however when he suddenly felt a hand wrap around him and lift. Reacting as quickly as he could, he held as stiff as possible hoping to be mistaken as a statue.

It seemed to be working as well, the woman was just staring at him with a confused look on his face. The strain of remaining perfectly still however was building up in him, and by the time a man rushed into the room with a frying pan he was starting to twitch slightly in her hand. When he heard the word thief, he lost it and gasped, twisting and wiggling in her hand as he twitched his wings in annoyance. "I'm not a thief, How rude!" Being called a thief when all he had wanted to do was make sure everything was still in order for them.

Deciding that now wasn't the time to break free from her grasp, he folded his arms ontop of her hand and continued speaking, "No one was home so I decided it'd be pretty nice of me to clean up for the wizard who forges the ocean. Speaking of, do you know when they're going to turn up? I would really like to figure out how he managed to forge an entire ocean."

While he was talking he let his mind relax, lowering the natural walls it put up to ignore the shadows that everyone had around them. He had heard his mother call them Aura's but he thought Shadow's was more apt. As he began to focus on the woman he saw a darkening silhouette around her flickering much like a shadow cast by a questionable light. He wasn't the best at reading the hidden messages in it yet, but he figured paying attention to them now would come in handy if she decided to do anything hasty.

While watching her secret side he kept his ears open, listening for any response to his questions and inquires and hoping that she'd react positively to him, and yet preparing for the worst case scenario.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle
I swear I was just looking!

Words: 8994
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Alija on January 30th, 2016, 4:23 pm

The statue started to twitch, then twisted and wriggled like a real person, wings moving as it spoke. What strange magic was this? Alija kept her grip as it folded its arms on her hand, continuing to speak. It muttered something about deciding to clean up and a wizard that forged the ocean. What was this? Mockery? A test, or a warning?

Then the statue started to focus differently, looking around in a way she almost recognised. Auristics? From the way it's eyes seemed to change, how it focused strangely on what wasn't there. The more she looked, the more certain she became. The more shocked she became.

Alija dropped it, jumping back with a little scream. "What... are you? A statue, that moves, speaks - sees auras!" she spoke her thoughts out loud, not caring if they weren't true.

She waited a moment, inching back a little toward Thegans, who laughed at her fear, "Forge the ocean? The only wizard here is Alija, but she can't forge the ocean! Don't think anyone can!" He smiled at her, the woman giving him a confused look, "Although she is an amazing smith, so who knows?" With that, laughing, he left, leaving Alija alone with the strange statue.

She stared at it, confused, trying to figure out what it was. Closing her eyes, she focused her djed, letting it seep through to her vision and let her see the auras surrounding the thing. It was living. The aura pulsed, almost like a heart beat, but that wasn't what gave it away. Rather it was the size, much to large for an object. Much too large to be a statue, but instead something living. But how could something living be clay?
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Faradae on April 27th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Gulle
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

N O T E S

Grades withheld due to inactivity. Please send me a message when you return so I can award them.

Alija
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

E X P E R I E N C E

• Observation +2
• Socialization +1
• Auristics +1

L O R E S

• Pykons: Small Clay People
• Gulle: Adventurous pykon
• Gulle's Aura

N O T E S

It's a shame this thread ended so early on. It was a promising start that seemed like fun! In consequence, there wasn't much to award here. I decided to award Pykon lore even though the name of the race has not been dropped yet since you put main focus on examining Gulle. The auristics were a little simple for expert level, but I deemed them worth a point.

Please remember to edit your grade request to reflect that this grade has been seen to!
If there are questions about the grades, please contact me via PM.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook