PM to join [Rearing Stallion]A Chilly Day for a Warm Conversation

Alex and Ferrin meet and have a conversation perhaps with a few drinks as well

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion]A Chilly Day for a Warm Conversation

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 13th, 2016, 1:56 am

Winter of 24 out of 92

Ferrin awoke within his fortitude of his somewhat newly purchased apartment room. And now, he had had a new roommate with him as well. And Ferrin wasn't comfortable that it was a female. She was a Drykas. And she was interesting to be around. She knew a whole lot about her culture. Ferrin was from Kenash. And there wasn't much to talk about culture wise. Other then the fact that the Kenashians would love to have had celebrated.

But, Ferrin said his goodbye to Jade, just letting her know that he'll be out for awhile. He told her that he was going to go back to the Rearing Stallion, so she didn't want to have had gone because of the incident that the two had had encountered a few days ago. The same day that the young hunter had had met Jade. Ferrin strapped his sword about his waist and headed out down the steps and joined in on the river crowd of people. Who were walking to get to places that they would have had wanted to head to.

A few chimes have had passed as Ferrin managed to reach the busy tavern of the Rearing Stallion. He was not only greeted by the red and white painted sign signifying the entrance and building. But, also the warmth of the tavern as he had entered the building. A couple tables have had been filled and of course a few tables near the hearth as well, where the fire was lit to keep the commoners warm and cozy within. Ferrin enjoyed sitting at that spot where the fire grew warm at the hearth. But, he also didn't mind sitting at the counter either.

He was greeted by the bartender who stood behind the counter that stretches about the width of one side of the building. A raised dias for the performers where the dancers could dance. And the musicians compose. Ferrin had a night when he had had met a symmenstrian half konti dancer one night. Certainly, that day was interesting. And she had had seemingly enjoyed the free drinks as well. Since, the performers get free ale.

Ferrin took a seat in front of the counter. "Hello, what do you have for today? " Ferrin had asked the bartender as the Kenashian sat down. He pulled off his cloak and revealed a handsome-in a way- man. The bartender smiled and had had realized who Ferrin was. "Aye, hello there Ferrin. Glad to see you again. Even after that little incident. I've told those men to not have come back to this tavern again. So they won't bother us anymore. So you want the afternoon meal then? Well, the usua, I presume?" Ferrin nodded and handed the bartender the two Golden Mizas.

It was easier with the golden Mizas because Ferrin had had only Gold Mizas on him. And not enough change with the Silver Mizas. The bartender took it with delight and fetched Ferrin a glass of wine. He came back and said, "Ferrin, just to let you know we are making another batch of chicken stew so, it might be a few chimes you think you could wait a bit?
"Oh yeah, certainly. Just glad I could be here today." Ferrin said warmly. He kept still to his glass of wine as he waited for his bowl of stew to come. Maybe he would have some company, hopefully?

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 13th, 2016, 3:02 am

9:45AM

A loud crash echoed throughout the training rounds walls. Alex doubled over in pain and the blade in his hands clattered to the ground. Coughing heavily he punched the ground firmly.

“Boy, ye’ve a lot to learn. Now back on ya feet!” His instructor barked out as Alex hung on the ground a moment longer. The sheer ferocity of his instructors blow threatening to send his breakfast crawling back up his throat. Wincing he slid himself to one knee picking up the great-sword he’d been instructed to train with that day. Something he was being forced to use without the aid of a shield. The five foot length of the monster blade amounting to six pounds of sold if blunted steel. Settling back into a firm stance he charged his instructor again the blade held aloft at his right hand side a feeling of trepidation filling his mind as he brought the blade forwards. The Sheer weight of the blow he could see his instructor nullify with his shield and a brief bend of his legs. And again his instructor’s blunted blade found and bit into Alex’s armour. Threatening to double over in pain again Alex brought the tip of the sword to the ground jamming it into the soft earth. Gulping down air as best he could. “Boy…Yer usin ta blade wrong ya need ta put ya weight inta t’ swing. Yer arms are jus there to hold the blasted ting. Step inta yer swings and use ta length of ta blade to cover ta range loss. Now try again and this time step inta t’ strike.” His instructor lifted his shield back up and gave Alex a moment to collect himself.

Alex did as instructed lifting the blade and as he closed the gap between himself and his instructor stepped into the strike swinging the blade around his shoulders using the momentum of his arms to carry the blade across. His instructor once again hoisted his shield to the blade let his legs absorb the shock and drove his sword with deft practice into Alex’s unguarded side once again. Alex crumpled to the floor again. Doubled over in loud coughing his instructor sighed and shook his head. “We’re done for ta day boy…Get yerself a drink might sort out the issues. In yer stance maybe even unlock some insight for yer.” Chuckling to himself his instructor went off to find another training dummy to beat to a pulp, whilst Alex barely struggled to his feet. Remind me again why I go through with what my patron suggest I do? Alex hoisted the blade off the ground and half used it as a walking stick for a tick to regain some semblance of strength in his legs.

1:35PM

Alex had returned the great-sword to the Syliran knight’s quartermaster the blade was something he’d definitely have to test out again. The sheer force behind each blow was something that shook his arms. Still it was around midday and he’d almost lost his breakfast. And having eaten lunch headed to the tavern to clear his head a little. Despite the large bustle and hustle of people cresting the streets, the main gates flooded with people of all cultures and creeds. Trading this and that back and forth money exchanged hands almost like a sign of greeting. Still at the sight of a man in full plate mail most people parted and allowed the slightly larger than average man through the streets. A calm pall hit him as he entered the rearing stallion. Music washed over him as the sight of the dancers caught his eyes pleasant to behold he couldn’t bring himself to go over to them the black pit of self-doubt within him would always open and swallow whatever small tower of confidence he’d built. A single open stool at the bar remained and before anyone else could claim it he planted his weight into the seat. The wood of the stool creaking lightly as the hundred and eighty pounds of man and almost eighty pounds of steel sank into it. The bar stools were sturdy enough to uphold a fully grown Akalak so Alex didn’t have much of a concern for his own weight perching on one.

“Well if it isn’t Alex…Where’s Ser Greyheart I thought he’d be with you as usual?” The old ex-knight behind the bar spoke in a loud jovial tone. "You look a little down my boy, what can I get you to lighten your spirits?” Alex felt the soft smile and reassuring gaze of the barkeep on himas he glanced up his soft tone barely audible through the cacophony that was the tavern. He handed the barkeep a golden miza and simply said.

“Training’s hard as usual, I need a stiff drink. I’ll have a dark beer, and please keep them coming until the miza’s out every time I finish a mug. And Ser Greyheart has a few issues back in the castle he’ll be along a little later in the day. This is just for me to lift my spirits a little.” The older barkeep nodded and slipped him a mug of the blackest pitch dark beer he had still frothing lightly from the carbonation around the edges of the mug. Alex sighed loudly and drank and drank until half the mug was missing. The tar dark booze had a bitter after taste that bit his senses and shook the weariness from his bones. But brought the pain in his sides to a sharp and stark relief. He hunched forwards a little the plate around him clanking lightly and his weapons rocking and tapping the wood of the bar with his motions. I really should try to get hit less. Still thank you Wysar for the fortitude to get back up after each blow. His hand snaked up to the loop of wooden icons again lightly gripping the purple flame at his throat in offering of prayer. And thank you Priskil for the hope that I will get better. A smile crossed his face as he shifted to the watchtower. Sighing lightly he lifted his drink again a stiff swallow all he could manage the bitterness strong enough to send a jolt down his spine.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 13th, 2016, 3:57 pm

The warmth of the fire grew ever so much. That Ferrin had grown accustomed to the blaze. And he was lost in thought of home and his family back in Kenash. He hadn't known the reason behind it to why he had actually left his homeland. It didn't quite feel like home though. The only thing that kept him there was his family and small group of friends that he had had. The bartender came back with Ferrins' bowl of chicken stew. "Aye Ferrin. Here ya go. Anything else I could do fer ya?" Ferrin had had shook his head, but he also handed the bartender another golden Miza to signify that he wanted another glass of wine.

The young Kenashian didn't usually drink as much wine. Well, at least he wasn't drinking ale or anything of the sort. But, Ferrin felt that wine would have had been a better choice then to drink the darkened alcoholic beverages. More and more commoners strolled in through the main door of the somewhat busy like tavern. Ferrin looked back and noticed a few Knights and squires coming in from morning training. Ferrin had set a goal to become a squire. But, he was uncertain though, if he was as strong as the other squires. And Ferrin didn't want the other squires taunt him of where he had had come from.

He was a Kenashian though. And he could not change that fact. But, he was named after an Akalak. One who was great friends with Ferrins father. And perhaps they were possibly best of friends. Ferrins father didn't talk much if his past. Besides his family. But, some of Ferrins' family members lived in Kenash. If he had had remembered correctly, part of his family was also in Syliras. One of the squires who had came into the tavern sat on one of the seats by the counter.

He seemed to have had ordered ale, and requested for it to keep on coming. Ferrin can't manage to drink that much so the main reason being why he had stuck to drinking wine was that it was a lighter drink then beer and ale. But, it still wasn't good for you. Though, the taste was sweet and sugary like. Instead of bitter and tart in a way that beers and ales are. Ferrin took a few spoonfuls of stew before talking to the Squire. The squire was dressed in full metal armour. And his facial expression showed a view of despair and a mix of pride within."Good day to you sir. And may I ask how you are doing?" Ferrin said with a polite tone. He didn't want to upset the squire. In any way shape or form, any longer then he might seem already.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 13th, 2016, 6:22 pm

The warmth of the fire cracking behind him and the soft roll of cool wind from outside with every motion of the tavern door. An odd situation. Yet as the midday dragged on Alex finally finished the first of his tankards. The mug stone dry and within seconds another mug had landed in front of him, cold and crisp. A small look of relief and calm washing over him. Training’s a pain…But it’s going to be it’s training after all. He grumbled again low and light as he glanced up at the barrels of ale behind the bar.

And from the side his ears picked up a strange voice… One he was not familiar with. Asking him how he was exactly. As if to answer the question for him his sides pulsed with pain once more. What exactly was he supposed to answer in this situation? He glanced up to his right and was met with a rather…jovial face. He propped himself up now with his elbows digging into the bar counter.
“Afternoon…And as far as I’m doing…I’m a little sore, otherwise alright. And yourself?” The only kind of reply he could manage to think to respond with in his current situation

He turned lightly in his seat it being the second to last at the end of the bar to watch the dancers and entertainers. One of the brief respites he managed to get through the long days and even longer nights. At least something had been gifted back to him and he wasn’t feeling as sore and slow any more, his lack of sleep had been mitigated. Turning back to the bar patron who’d just engaged him in conversation he spoke back up again. “I’m sorry for being so curt with my response, it’s been a long day already. Please allow mw to reintroduce myself. I’m Alexander Faircroft, I’m a Squire with the Syliran knights.” He shifted his gaze from the jovial man next to him back to the raised dias, the soft roll of music filled the room. Even with the light thud of the dancer’s feet on the polished wooden flooring of the dais.

Before long the tavern filled to capacity and from there it was chaos people nipping in for a quick pint and then straight back off to their work or other such jobs they needed to do. Thankfully Alex had been told to simply head to the archives and study up for the rest of the day. So he could spend a little while here and “clear his head” as it were. A portion of his attention swung back to the man next to him who was still digging into the soup of the day. “What brings you here, other than the soup and ale apparently? I don’t recall seeing you around here before.” A calm and inquisitive edge to his soft toned voice.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 13th, 2016, 9:00 pm

The young Kenashian was glad that he had managed to engage in conversation with the Squire who had had claimed that his name was Alexander Faircroft. He also said that he was doing alright besides the soreness from training. And when he had had spoken he spoke in more of a stern tone, one that struck Ferrin with the term of haughty. Haughty felt right to say. Ferrin had understood why the young Syliran was stressful. When Ferrin was young, his father would have had trained him from the break of dawn some days till meals. And then of course recontinued the training after the meals.

His father was once a Syliran Knight. But, it had always struck Ferrin with the inquiry of "why would he have wanted to leave Syliras?" It probably won't be explained. And Ferrin was certain that his father wouldn't tell him why the man had had given up his honorable career. And live life as a farmer and trader for the city of Kenash. And on top of that, volunteer for the magistratical positions. Ferrin hadn't understood his father in any way shape or form. All of the choices that his father had had made has had confused Ferrin.

Well, besides the days that the two had had gone out to hunt. He appreciated those late afternoons to hunt for dinner. So that Ferrins mother and sister would have had made the dinner. Those were the days that Ferrin had gained some gratitude for what his father had had chosen to do. If he was still a Knight. He probably wouldn't have had as much freedom to go out to then being a farmer and hunter. As well as a region trader as well.

"My name would be e Ferrin, Ferrin Al'Mandrikan. I am from Kenash. My father used to be a Knight. But, I am not so sure to why he would want to have had given up the career. So your a squire?" Ferrin said simply. He went back to eating some of the soup and sipping a bit of wine after every other bite. Dancers were up on the dias tapping and swirling about. In melody with the musicians who were playing some folk like tune. "It's alright. Apology accepted. I understand of your stress.' Ferrin said warmly.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 13th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Something seemed a little…Off about this man beside him, lost in thought for long stretches of time between answers and newer arising questions. Still before Alex could even react he lifted his hand to his eyes pressing lightly against the closed eyelids and yawning lightly into his palm. The questions and responses that came from the man next to him, tumbling from his mouth between bouts of soup and wine. Revealed the man to be Ferrin, from Kenash. Not too great a distance from Syliras much the same as Alex’s home town of Ravok…Still that was a fact that Alex did not want escaping him and finding its way to the knights. He might find himself at the call of some uncomfortable and hard to answer questions.

Still Ferrin continued between bouts of soup and wine. Mentioning that his father used to be a knight? And he’d given…Up…The career? But joining the knights was a lifetime commitment was it possible to just up and walk out? Questioning his order now Alex watched on as Ferrin simply took the curt snap in stride. He understood his stress? What would he know of being quite literally being beaten from the crack of dawn till dusk four of the five days a week? Alex just sighed sipping his deep black beer. A slightly irritation now crawling across his face as he drank but then it slowly subsided the sharp coldness of the beer calming his inner irritation. Good mask it, use it.

“So Ferrin from Kenash…What brings you to Syliras?” A calm pause between his drink and thinking about where he had gone wrong this morning. Using his instructor’s advice to replay the events and follow through with them to see some kind of epiphany. Still he drew a blank. The closer he came to finding an answer the further it seemed from his grasp. A deep and heavy sigh rolled from him filling the air with a stretch of disbelief at his own abilities. Or rather lack thereof. Still he couldn’t help feel he had been shown something and he just wasn’t able to piece together the puzzle yet.

“And yes I’m a squire…Nothing fancy about it…I just end up getting hit a lot.” A blunt way to say that he still needed to learn. Or rather he still had a lot to learn about everything, he knew a little about how the world worked, the wilds and about faith but that was about it. He had near no combat skill to speak of but he was learning albeit slowly.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 13th, 2016, 10:55 pm

The number that the performer was dancing to had stopped as she felt like she had needed to rest. If Ferrin didn't state where he was, was it eas y enough for others to know that he wasn't a born Syliran? Was this Squire Alexander a Syliran born? Would it have had mattered? Unless, if Ferrin had had lied about where he had come from. Would that have had changed anything? But, in reality he hadn't lied of where he did come from. He was just a Kenashian. Nothing special about it. Unless, there was something important about Kenash that Ferrin hadn't known about?

He felt that Ferrin should keep the part away that his parents were currently volunteers go take the high magistratical court positions. For the reason being, he didn't want to get caught on the bad side of things and risk his family's lives. Or would that have had been as obvious as knowing that he wasn't a Syliran commoner? The musician kept playing his music as someone had had requested another song. The tune calmed Ferrins' nerves a bit. And he didn't want to get the wrong impression from the Squire Alexander. He also didn't want to have had gotten into any trouble either.

Otherwise, that would have had probably been a bit of a problem. And Ferrin wanted to make some friends in Syliras so that he wasn't so alone. And was Syliras the best possible place to do it? Ferrin had had ran out of wine and he had swiftly added another Golden Miza to be placed on the tab. "Oh, you have had asked why I come to Syliras? My main goal currently, to follow in my father's footsteps. Besides the retirement part. Well at least. I'm sorry if I have wronged you by disturbing you. I do not want to cause any problems."

The Kenashian spoke with such scarceness that Ferrin had felt like he wasn't even in the room. He choaked on the last few parts of his spoken words. The bartender, was on the other side of the of the counter talking to another customer. And before he had went back to talking to the customer he had had given refills of the drinks the two men ordered without any word spoken. "Also, I came here to see what Syliras was like. My father had talked so much about it. So I've decided to travel here. I also think that I have some family here as well. But I haven't met any of them yet. "

Well, Ferrin knew how the hits felt. When his father had had trained him day and night. Besides the times when his mother homeschooled him and the meals of course. But, other then that, he had only encountered a few fights that had involved with hard hits. To be exact, when he was saving Revali, a Kelvic the predatory bird known as the Kriital was very ferocious and it had only knocked Ferrin out for a few split ticks. After it had tried to carry Ferrin, so it had had decided to throw him against one of the trees in the woods.

It might have had sounded funny, but the pain was like being smashed against the head by large boulder. He didn't want to express the embarrassment. " So Squire Alexander of Syliras. What intrigued you to want to become a Knight?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 13th, 2016, 11:55 pm

Time passed and the dancers stopped yet the music continued, the soft trill of flutes and light melodies of lutes filled the air. Merely background noise to most but Alex at least enjoyed the filling of the room with a slight tune. Humming a small tune to himself in time with the musical melodies. A simplistic tune to be sure he followed with bit still it was one that he was brought up with. A moment of quiet lull passed without Alex’s attention even shifting lightly lost in the small melody of a song his mother used to sing to him. Eventually he was brought out of the lull by Ferrin piping up again.

At least he’d answered him about why he came to Syliras, following the footsteps of a father. He could relate. A simplistic arc of expectation was ferrin followed apparently whilst Alex knew he couldn’t follow his father any more…Still an apology followed for disturbing or wronging him. Alex lifted a hand and lightly waved it off.
“I’ve a thicker hide than that…I’m used to being yelled at daily.” A short glance to the counter top of the bar, the deep lacquered wood mildly tacky with years of alcohol being splashed over it. “Besides, I’ve not been wronged yet.” Another slow long drink followed as ferrin continued on and on.

As far as Alex knew he had no family left…At least not to his immediate knowledge. He cocked a half smile at least towards Ferrin’s angle it’d look like a full one. A little hollow. “Good to hear that you have family here and not just in Kenash. Must be nice.” He sighed again taking another long drink. Another long pall came over the two’s conversation between the finishing of Alex’s last statement and another question in kind. Long enough for Alex to start humming the tune again. Light and soft. Still he missed a couple of notes here and here but the gist of the song was there.

And then came the question he was waiting for. What made him want to become a knight? What made him want to do something with his life. Alex glanced down at the real reason he’d chosen to follow the life of a knight, he couldn’t mention that reason to anyone. He’d keep it to himself and no-one would ever know. “I chose to become a knight to help people. To protect those who lack the ability protect themselves. Or those who want to live in peace.” He lifted the symbol of a watchtower at his neck. “I chose to become a knight is a hope of giving hope to those who have little left.” His voice held a firm edge to it almost like he was reciting scripture from one of his seniors.

“To give hope, and bring faith.” He twisted to now look Ferrin full in the face. “What do you want to be a knight for besides honouring your father? Blaze your own trail…Do not walk in the path of others. Learn from them but find your own way.” His eyes hard, resolute almost like he held his own secret, almost like his words were chastising himself.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 14th, 2016, 1:50 pm

The young Kenashian had had just recently finished his bowl of warm soup. And now, Ferrin had to think of the right answer. It seemed to Alex that following in his father's footsteps wasn't the best necessary answer to have started out with."Without Knights. Their would be less people to protect Syliras and the rest of the Good in Mizahar. And when you are a Squire or a Knight. Your not only giving yourself honour. But, your giving the Good of Mizahar and Syliras peace and hope. As it is one of the codes for the Knighthood. To bring peace and prosperity in times of danger." Ferrin sighed. As he hoped that the answer he had had just given was a good one.

"And, no one should be yelled at daily for training the best they could. After my father had had started to train me awhile back in Kenash, he was very rough with my ability to wield a sword. I wasn't good at it at first, but he said that you would always most likely need a weapon when in battle. Without a weapon your easily exposed to the enemy and the enemy could kill you as quickly as it could a wolf." Ferrin sipped his wine and he waited for another response.

"Having family is nice if you had actually known them... I'm not even sure if they are still here in Syiliras anymore." Ferrin said cooly to emphasize the fact that he didn't actually know of his family that lived in Syliras. Ferrins father hadn't talked much of his family. So what had actually happened with his father that he wanted to leave Syliras so badly? Was it the issues that he had had with the family, or would it be something else? Something that Ferrin can't quite explain as of yet.

Alex spoke as if he had had just recited an excerpt. It was some to understand yet, it was a script perhaps to have had recited this quote."That was really good Alexander, was that something you would have to have had remember?" Ferrin asked curiously, with awe."Do you have family here in Syliras as well?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 14th, 2016, 7:36 pm

The simplest of answers was often the most obtuse. He’d given his reasoning and now Ferrin was giving his. Something about the man now stood out a little perhaps he was telling the truth about his father being an EX-knight. Though his small speech about needing the knights and them bringing prosperity to Mizahar. Something about that Held truth it was their job to provide safety and protection to all of Mizahar however. That may have been the main goal of the knights but Alex’s goal was aligned if not on the same path. He’d joined the knights as a way to learn how best to spread the word of peace and hope. He knew that it was going to be difficult but the bruised ribs told him it was even more difficult than he’d pictured
“Sometimes we can’t get there in time. It’s a shame but it happens. So instead of offering a hand of protection we offer a hand in the rebuilding. Not everything is about beating back the darkness, sometimes it’s about preserving the light.” Alex sighed into his drink. He didn’t know if this was the truth but it sounded good if nothing else.

The man’s disbelief at the fact that no-one should be chastised daily for their failings was another sign that he perhaps wasn’t ready to become a squire, let alone a knight. “Sometimes it’s not aout the screaming it’s about what they’re trying to tell you through the screaming.” He smiled lightly hollow again yet a ray of hope behind it. The simplicity of the mask he tried to wear something that was still fragile, like paint on a balloon the slightest nudge and it’d crumble. Still he managed to finish another long drink only to find the mug swapped out again when it emptied a third mug filling it and now Alex could feel the alcohol starting to affect him.
Not sure if his family was still in the city? Alex paused as he mulled over the statement in his mind slowly. “Well I wish you the best of luck in finding them is they’re still here.”

Then came a small sprout of praise. A rare and beautiful bloom that always seemed to elude him in almost every facet. Was it something he had to remember? Was it scripture? No this was just something that he himself firmly no, adamantly believed. A knight’s purpose was more than just simply a man in a suit of armour with a sword protecting the weak. It was someone who could also bring inspiration and hope. Renew their faith in the ability to do things and push through the hard times. And the final question a punctuation to the conversation. “No…Not anymore.” A simple statement that held more weight that he’d meant it too. “So if your family isn’t in Syliras where might they have gone? Where would be the best place to start searching otherwise?”

A slight quiet now echoed throughout the tavern as the musicians had taken a brief break and the volume of the conversation rose back to a loud pall over the tavern. Almost drowning out his light voice again within the heavy and cacophonous din.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next