Stumble Upon (Conrad)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 21st, 2010, 4:42 pm

"Oh," he said, disappointed but too polite to complain about it. "Oh, yes. I'm sure you'll meet him if you stay around long enough and don't break any laws." He grinned.

They were passing through the Amethyst Clan pavilions, which were set apart enough to show were the individual families had their own space. Indeed, to an eye with knowledge of such things, there was a higher concentration of the best horseflesh in Endrykas here within the Amethyst pavilions. Even one untrained in horsemanship, they were beautiful specimens.

"Oh, and you might find some herbalists among the Emerald Clan, too. They're almost as good as the Opal Clan in finding herbs, anyway. But the Opal Clan knows how to use them."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on December 21st, 2010, 6:07 pm

Conrad gave an awkward laugh as sama'el mentioned not breaking the law's.
"Yes, about that what are those laws exactly?" He just continued to walk trying not to fall over one of the many cords keeping the tents up, not really paying attention to the horses.
"I already got in trouble once because some grumpy isur thought he was tough and picked a fight with me. Thank the gods that the guards came along and broke up the fight."
Conrad patted his parrot on the head.
"And believe it or not, it was all this little guy's fault. Taking a shit on the man's head." Conrad snickered a bit. before turning back to the matters at hand.
"Well finding herbs and stuff like that could be useful to, I mean not a lot of use from knowing what to do with herbs when you can't find them right? Of course the opposite is also true." Conrad scratched his chin in thought for a while.
"Say do you know somebody that could teach me some stuff about that? I am a bit of a doctor myself."
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 22nd, 2010, 5:56 am

"They say foreigners must adopt the Seven Laws as their own while traveling among the Drykas, but most of them only really apply to the Drykas... I would suggest treating everyone with respect, doing whatever an Ankal might tell you, and don't fuck with the Striders. If you want a more intelligent reading, you can ask at the Topaz Clan pavilions." He grinned, pointing in their direction.

"And, well, I know a couple of healers. One from the Whitefeather Pavilion and the other from the Brokensong Pavilion. I'll have to introduce you. We're coming up on the Opal Clan pavilions, anyway. We will see who is home."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on December 22nd, 2010, 10:09 pm

"So in simple words, behave and keep your head down and you won't need to get shot at?" Conrad shrugged. "Easy to remember, though I rather keep away from those guy's after my first run in with them."
Conrad smiled at the mention that he knew a few healers.
"Sure, I might learn a lot from them. Lets see if they are home will we?"
Conrad picked up the pace a bit, eager to get to know a few people that could help him.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 5th, 2011, 3:53 am

Smiling with his usual good cheer, Sama'el led the morphing young man to the Whitefeather Pavilion among the tents of the Opal Clan. With an eye out for any of the many family members he knew, and especially the one he wanted to marry, he tried to look secure in his saddle. He felt secure in his saddle, but the wrapping around his head belied his penchant for head injuries, and he was sure Dymphna's family would talk amongst themselves.

"Ho, Dymphna!" he called ahead of them, hoping she wouldn't make too big of a deal of his minor, little injury. Well, he sort of liked how she made a big deal of him, but he was fine! Just fine! Then again, if she wanted to double-check Conrad's work, she would have to touch him, and that was always nice.

"I bring you custom!"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Dymphna on January 5th, 2011, 6:31 am

The Whitefeather Pavilion was bustling about with Drykas as usual – Both of the pavilion and patients come to be helped. The large pavilion had its flags out letting others know they still had room if the need arose for healing. The fabric waving in the wind was a shimmering blue with the family’s emblem, the white feather, embroidered proudly amongst complicated knotwork. The family never left Endrykas anymore, and because of that they had a loyal group of patients – And likely quite a bit of wealth.

It was the apothecary that the two were interested in. On this day, there were poles erected around the large tent that housed their store, and on the poles dangled the last of the late fall berries that had been dried out still attached to their branches.

For being busy, it was peaceful. Save, of course, for the sound of one Dymphna Whitefeather shrieking suddenly at the top of her lungs in Pavi, “Kita, spit it out, you little rat! Spit it out!”

It didn’t exactly sound alarmed. It sounded angrier than anything else. The sound of Kita screaming came quickly afterward, harmonizing with Dymphna’s apparently frustrated yelling as she continued to demand that whatever the little girl had decided to swallow.

If the two men walked around the tent to the back where Dymphna was regularly relegated to making soap, they’d find the location of the young woman they were seeking. Kita, her five-year-old sister, was hanging upside by her ankles in Dymphna’s hands as she shook the screaming girl – Who in turn was smacking at Dymphna’s legs with dirty little hands. Sam and Conrad had walked into a sisterly squabble of epic proportions.

“Spit it out, dung mouth!” screamed Dymphna, who was typically very soft-spoken, sweet-tempered, and even-keeled, as she thrashed her failing sister about.

In response came the little thief’s yell back, “No, it’s mine! Etain! Etain! Help me! Let me down! Fat goat butt!”
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on January 6th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Conrad just walked besides sama'el when they came close to the whitefeather pavilion.
Conrad just frowned in confusion as he heard a woman and little child screaming in pavi.
In curiosity he looked walked around the tent and was dumbstruck by the sight of a grown women holding up a small kid upside down by the ankles shaking it and yelling at as loud as she could at the kid she was holding.
Conrad was completely baffled at the scene, He looked back to sama'el with a very confused look on his face.
"Sama'el! I Don't understand half of what they are saying what the heck is going on here?"
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 7th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Sama'el dismounted from Dohaina's golden back at the sound of screaming, and both the mare and his Windrunner stallion had their ears perked forward, alert for danger, though such was unlikely in the middle of Endrykas. Neither wore their tack as he had been practicing tricks when Conrad had happened upon him. He put a hand on each horse's nose, muttering in Pavi to calm them. When he walked around and saw what the two Whitefeather girls were about, he blinked a few times.

To Conrad, he said in Common: "The little one has eaten something she oughtn't."

To Dymphna and Kita, he said in Pavi: "I like Dymphna's butt..."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Dymphna on January 10th, 2011, 6:22 am

Upon discovering that her suitor and a stranger had approached, Dymphna looked up with a shocked look on her face that caused her eyes to go wide. Sam’s comment on her butt caused her to promptly drop her sister on her head. Kita went screaming and flailing to the ground before letting out a giant wailing sob of, “Now I really did swallow it!”

“Oh… Shyke!” said the young woman, showing off that she may have known at least a little Common after all, as she quickly swooped down to pick the little girl up. “Shh.”

She looked to Sam and Conrad apologetically until her eyes shot to the older blond woman who now stood outside of the tent with her arms crossed over her chest. It was Etain, Dymphna’s aunt, who ran things on that part of the pavilion grounds, and she didn’t look a bit happy.

Kita was crying, though amusingly enough she was clinging to the very person who had dropped her. She may have been five, but most of the Whitefeathers were of smaller stock than tall Dymphna. And Dymphna took to cooing and looking at her aunt like she had no idea why her younger sister was crying.

“You have visitors seeking your help. You’ll be in charge of watching until she passes it, Dymphna,” said Etain as she moved over, giving her a firm look that said she was far than pleased. She reached out to pry Kita off of her older sister, which was strangely hard to do considering the older sister in question was why she was crying. “I’ll tell your father you’re on fire duty for three days, too. You too, Kita. You know better than to take things that aren’t yours.”

“Yes, ma’am,” mumbled Dymphna, ultimately hating building fires above most anything else. Kita just sniffled and carried on.

Dymphna then turned, rubbing at her mouth, to look at the two men who had shown up at a very bad time. Her face was red from embarrassment, and before she said anything she gave a worried glance towards the tent. Hopefully Kita hadn't been hurt too badly. “Hi.”
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on January 23rd, 2011, 12:03 am

Conrad just looked at what happened with a detached look on his face, though he did felt a bit bad when the girl began crying, it was a bit his fault that she was dropped on her head. Conrad perked up as he heard the small curse. He understood that one! A small smile crept on his face as he considered that tought. It would make future conversations a lot easier if she could understand him. He quickly wiped the smile of his face when he looked back to the situation before him, this really wasn't something to smile at.
Before he could offer to help the little girl out. Another woman, probably attracted by the loud wails of the little kid.
As they began to talk in pavi conrad just looked at them for a moment before turning towards Sama'el.
"Well, I think its time to get out of here and leave this mess behind. Maybe go looking for a good healer?"
Conrad suggested hoping that he didn't got caught up into the mess. Not noticing that while he was talking it was taken care of.

OOC: sorry for the late post. I am ashamed to say that I just kept pushing this one back.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext