Stumble Upon (Conrad)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 13th, 2010, 9:51 pm

10th Winter, 510 A.V.

The young Drykas was making a bit of a show of himself, but he was far enough on the outskirts of the roving settlement that there weren't any people interested enough to go see what he was doing. His grey Windrunner and his golden Strider were walking abreast, and he had one bare foot on each of their backs, carefully placed so as not to strain their backbones, one knee slightly bent to make up for the difference in heights of his two mounts. Other than his bare feet, he was wearing the warmer wool versions of his clothes. They were close to the border of the Eyktolian deserts in their winter camp, but there were still colder days on the plains for all that.

"Left," he called in Pavi, and the horses moved as one. His horsemanship was not quite on a par with his riding, but Dohaina needed little training, the mysterious minx, and Horse had been with him for years now, and they worked together like one creature when in the moment.

"Right," he called, still in his native tongue, and this time he let them take a long, circular route so he could get used to the feel of their gait today and slowly bend his knees into a wide crouch, his leg muscles quivering with the strain. He had been practicing for a while.

"He called something else and the two horses moved closer together, taking a brisk walk shoulder to shoulder. Then he brushed his hands across their backs, finding a strong point where he would not hurt them, but also stable enough to hold him up. Then he did what he had been trying to teach Denen in the Fall.

Ever so carefully he sprang up with his feet, sending the center of gravity in his hips up, his knees absorbing the shock as he landed in order to spare his horses. He did this several times to get the feeling for what he was doing with the added complication of being on horseback, and then he launched his center of gravity up until it was inverted above the center of gravity in his chest. His dark eyes looked straight down into the valley of silver and gold horseflesh where he could occasionally see the sere turf beneath their hooves, and the rest of his body was pointed upward, toes pointed into the air as he made constant minute adjustments in order to keep himself from falling.

Still, he couldn't help it when the laughter began to bubble up from him. There was little he loved so much as riding a horse.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on December 13th, 2010, 11:10 pm

Conrad was humming a little song as he was walking through the tent city of endrykas looking around for the market, not noticing at all that he was walking away from the center and thus probably away from the market.
"Well I think we are lost little buddy." Conrad said looking at the parrot on his shoulder,"I told you we should have took the left turn at that pointy tent and not right, But as usual you didn't listen to me and insisted I had to go to the right."
Conrad frowned. "Besides why the heck do I even listen to you, your a parrot, you guy's aren't know for their good sense of direction!" Conrad said to his parrot not caring that if anybody saw him right now they would think he was a bit odd.
His parrot just gave an insulted squawk and turned away from conrad.
"Well don't be so grumpy, or else you aren't getting your daily nuts!" He poked the parrot in his ribs who just jumped a bit away from the offending finger.
"hands of the good's pall!" the bird chirped his way, glaring at him. "Sheesh, little short tempered bunch of feathers aren't you?" Conrad muttered as he continued to walk suddenly stopping when he saw a young drykas do some rather intriguing stunts on his horse.
"Well look at that?" Conrad said looking at the drykas as he continued to do his tricks. "Hey little buddy!" Conrad yelled at his parrot when it flew form his shoulder. He groaned as the parrot flew towards the stunting drykas."well whoever that guy is, he is going to get the scare of his life." conrad already dug into his rucksack for his healers kit. Just knowing that this was going to end bad.
The parrot landed right in front of the mans face and leaned closer,his beak nearly touching his nose. "Squawk, yer a bit small up there aren't you?" The parrot chirped, probably breaking the man's concentration as he did so, probably from appearing so suddenly.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 14th, 2010, 6:14 am

Sama'el was doing an all right job of staying upright until the parrot came in for a closer look. The Drykas lad had been doing handstands on the ground and on Dohaina's back; this was just an added complication to make things a little more interesting. Of course, he was practicing all sorts of acrobatics and fancy riding tricks because he thought they might come in handy some day, but also because he wanted there to be something at which he was undeniably great. The Drykas respected skill.

But then there was flapping and, startlingly, a reedy facsimile of a human voice up in his face and while Dohaina tried to correct for it, Horse shied away and Sama'el tumbled down, instinctively twisting just so to prevent getting trampled by hooves. But all the same, the shoulder tuck that prevented some damage meant bruises and cuts, and he was fairly sure he had hit his head again, but he couldn't be sure. That very uncertainty was worrisome.

He muttered curses in Pavi, sitting there in the turf.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on December 14th, 2010, 12:05 pm

"Oh petch," conrad cursed as he saw the drykas fall off his horses his parrot flew away to avoid being hit in the crash and landed on the man's head, leaning over to look him in the face. Letting out an innocent sounding chirp.
Conrad ran towards the fallen man, concern evident on his face.
"Hey you alright?"Conrad said in common as he kneeled next to the fallen man. giving a him quick look over seeing that he had a fair amount of scraps and bruises, "I am really sorry about my parrot though, little ball of feathers is always making trouble for some strange reason, If I didn't know better I thought he enjoyed it." The parrot flew back to conrads shoulder, squawking in an innocent way.
"Don't think I'll let you get away with this little buddy, I swear you are more troublesome then a horny male teenager in riverfall." He reached into his rucksack for his healers kit.
"Ok now hold still and let me take care of those wounds for you, Its the least I can do to try and make up for the mess my parrot made." He opened up the kit and pulled out some bandages and a vail of alcohol." Well this will sting a bit, just a warning in advance." Conrad folded a bandage making a simple compress and put a bit of the disinfectant on it. "Besides, I think you are bleeding a bit from your head." He roughly grabbed the man's head and turned it that the wound was facing him, not really caring about the mans protests and carefully began cleaning up the wound. Though the stinging sensation would probably uncomfortable to say the least.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 15th, 2010, 5:16 am

If there was a silver lining to his immediate family being dead, it was that they weren't around to comment snidely with regard to his frequent falls, many of them on the head. Such blasphemous, unfilial thoughts only came at such periods of fractured consciousness as this. First there was a bird peering at him that nearly made him scream 'glassbeak, glassbeak, glassbeak!' and flail and cry like a little girl with a skinned knee, and then it was flapping away and some foreigner was tending to his wounds. It was strange: he had gotten used to the two healers in his would-be pavilion taking care of his scrapes.

"I, uh..." He had to concentrate to switch his thoughts over to Common now he was used to Pavi again. "I'm all right. Have to fall off the horse when you get on. Wait, no... I petched it up..."

He frowned, then hissed at the alcoholic sting.

"Hey!"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on December 15th, 2010, 1:25 pm

Conrad laughed a bit when the men hissed a bit while he cleaned the wound.
"Come on, your a big guy right?" Conrad asked while he finished up cleaning the wound on his head,"You look older then me for gods sake!" He pulled out some clean bandages and began wrapping up the man's head. Making sure that he didn't make the bandage to tight so that he cut of circulation.
"You got any other wounds then the one on your head?" Conrad asked when he finished with the bandage? "Also I gotta apologize for the behavior of my parrot, he is kinda.... annoying at times." The parrot just puffed up his chest a bit, looking proud at the attention he got.
"But he is harmless for most of the part, except when you are doing something difficult and probably dangerous, But I think you already knew that." He patted the man on the back, a bright smile on his face. before he looked back towards the mans wounds, seeing some rather nasty scrapes on his arms and shins.
"Just let me disinfect those and get a bandage around that?" he put a bit of extra alcohol on the improvised compress. "I really don't want that you get an infection because of my parrot." Conrad rolled up Sama'el's sleeve so that he could check for scrapes there. Winching when he saw a rather big one on the man's arm. "Now that gotta hurt." Conrad muttered to himself as he carefully began to clean the wound from the middle to the outside, making sure that he didn't get some more dirt inside.
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 16th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Sama'el felt a bit dazed still, and the other young man seemed like a whirlwind of medical energy. Trained by repetitive circumstance now to sit still while someone was ministering to an injury, he lapsed into silence for the most part, answering questions, and peering at the strange new face.

"I'm eighteen," he said with the dignity of one who had only just added another year to his total. He was, however, invariably pleased to be taken for someone older. He had a bit of a baby face, and was too skinny to have the sort of physical presence that bigger men had, and, after all, he wanted to be an Ankal. The paradigm for an Ankal was his grandfather, who was gone, and he had been older and more, well, manly than Sama'el felt.

"Um," he said intelligently at the request for a self-diagnosis. He proffered his elbow, which was scraped. His shoulder felt like it was going to be bruised, but Dymphna had a liniment that would help with that. It certainly helped the horses when they were sore.

While the man worked on his little arm injury, he began to process all those words. Parrot. Infection. Right...

"I'm Sama'el of the Sapphire Clan," he announced. It was good to be polite, especially to someone who was fixing you.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on December 16th, 2010, 6:09 pm

"Your only eighteen?" Conrad looked towards him, "Well what do you know, same age as me." He gave a small tug at the bandage he just finished making sure that it would hold.
"You looked older, though that can be just me." He chuckled scathing his scar on his face."Sorry for getting your age wrong then." He took a closer look at the small wound on the elbow, Shrugging as he took the compress drenched in alcohol again.
"I'll just clean up this one, It looks to small to put a bandage on it anyway." He just began cleaning up the small wound. Listening to the young man introducing himself, Conrad just smiled and closed his healers kit and stashed it back into his rucksack standing back up.
"Nice to meat you Sama'el of the Sapphire Clan." He held out his hand to help him back on his feet.
"My name is conrad." he pointed towards his parrot on his shoulder."And this annoying...." The parrot squawked in protest poking him in the cheek with his beak. "Hey its true! Remember yesterday when you took a shit on that isurs head! I nearly would have forced to collect the arrows from the firing range!"
"Awk ya pussy!" Conrad just roughly tapped his mouth, glaring a bit at the parrot, though most people would have seen that he was absolutely loving what he was putting hes boss through. "While they where still shooting!" He took a deep breath to calm himself down." Well ignoring the fact that he can be a feathered ball of pure nerve wracking irritation most of the time he isn't that bad." Conrad just glared at his parrot, who just let out an innocent squawk.
"Well nice to meet you anyway."
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 17th, 2010, 5:14 am

"Just eighteen," he agreed, nodding like that was an accomplishment, and perhaps it was given his personal history. Once the man introduced himself and helped him up (he was still a bit wobbly on his feet, but not likely to fall over any time soon with his Strider standing guard), he offered a vague sort of smile.

"Well met, Conrad. Welcome to Endrykas... well, we're on the outskirts now, of course... Are you new here?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on December 17th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Conrad looked at sama'el with a worried look as he was wobbling on his feet.
"Well are you sure you are alright Sama'el?" Conrad grabbed the larger man's shoulder and kept him upright, not noticing that the horse was looking at the man in case he would fall.
"Maybe you should sit back down and rest a bit? You did have quite a hard fall."
He put pressure on the boy's shoulder, even though he was larger then he was. Urging him to sit down.
"And yes I am new to endrykas," Conrad chuckled in an embarrassed way as Sama'el explained where they where.
"I really had no idea where we where though, do you know somebody where you can buy some herbs, medical supplies? Or something else like that? I got an expedition coming up in a few days and I doubt I'll get out of it without a scratch."
Conrad just patted the still wobbly man on his shoulder. "Though lets make sure you don't faint before you can answer, I won't learn something that way."
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Next