Stumble Upon (Conrad)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 23rd, 2011, 5:17 am

"Dymphna," he said in Common, slowly so she might understand, "this is Conrad." He pointed to the man and then began a running translation with his hands in grassland sign to help her understand. "He wants to buy herbs." He added silently for her benefit and so as not to offend Conrad, 'And you might want to check the job he did on my latest series of injuries. I'm fine, though, really.'

"Conrad, this is Dymphna Whitefeather. I am going to marry her."

That said, he knelt down and spread his arms wide for Kita.

"Little Kita, whatever is the matter?" he asked in Pavi. Dohaina looked on with amusement, as per usual.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Dymphna on January 26th, 2011, 4:25 am

Dymphna’s dark eyes turned to Conrad, looking him up and down. Had she had a stronger personality, it would have likely come off as him being sized up. There was strength in her, typical of a Drykas, but she was too gentle and more likely to be considered either curious or just checking for wounds.

“Hi,” she offered slowly in Common. She didn’t speak much of the language. What she did understand was enough to talk herbs and parts of the body that were hurt. There was also the understanding of horses and a little business. And swearing… An injured person tended to be a quick teacher in the way of explicit words. She pointed to her mouth, looking at Conrad again having watched Sam’s hands carefully as she attempted to put the words and signs together. “Common not much. Many herbs. What for?”

She pointed to the tent, offering a shy smile that was from time-to-time disarming. Her lack of language embarrassed her, which caused her cheeks to flush pink.

Kita, in the meantime, had curled up against Sam. A sniffle or two later, she was mumbling about swallowing a miza her sister had earned – Slipping about her saving up a dowry of her own. Dymphna gave a glance to her future husband and youngest sister, the smile growing at the thought of what a good father Sam would be. Of course, the smile faltered a little when Kita stuck her tongue out at her. Sama’el wasn’t likely to have seen it, but she had. Conrad likely had to.

Surprisingly Dymphna didn’t react beyond a proud lift of her chin. She turned her attention back to Conrad, motioning to the tent again before she started off towards it.
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on January 27th, 2011, 2:02 pm

Conrad just kept silent as he was introduced by Sama'el to the woman.
When he heard that sama'el was going to get married to her however his eyes widened in shock. Sama'el looked just around his age, wasn't that a bit young to marry? Quickly shacking the shocked look of his face he filed that information away for later, maybe he could ask a drykas a bit about their culture later, it might be very common that they married at this age with the drykas.
Turning his attention back to dymphna.
“Common not much. Many herbs. What for?” Conrad took a moment or two to peice together her broken common, from what he thought she meant she said that she didn't speak much common, that was obvious and since he was looking for herbs she was probably asking what he was looking for.
When she pointed to the tent he just arched his eyebrow, did she want them to come in?
Shrugging he walked to sama'el, who was busy calming the little girl down, and tapped him on the shoulder, holding his snicker when he saw the little girl stick out her tongue to dymphna.
"Sama'el your wife wants us to come in her tent, so lets go will we?" He walked after dymphna hoping to see what kind of herbs she had for sale.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 29th, 2011, 9:08 pm

"Silly Kita," he crooned, as if she were a sick puppy. "Why would any girl as pretty and talented as you ever need a dowry? The boys will be fighting over who gets to marry you." He gave her a kiss on the cheek, smacking loudly for effect, and stood up with her hitched over his hip.

He nodded to Conrad, with a vague smile. Dymphna wasn't his wife yet, but hearing it said made him happy all the same.

"Let's go, then," he said in Common.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Dymphna on February 3rd, 2011, 7:31 am

The Whitefeather Apothecary tent was at least not crowded at that exact moment. There was of course room to move about when croweded, since the structure was large, but Dymphna found she worked better with less people around. Especially when dealing with Common. Considering Conrad hadn’t responded to her question, she could only assume that she hadn’t made any sense.

The first room they moved through had tables laid out with pre-mixed medicines and various linen bags filled with dried, typically crushed, plants. Another table had soaps and bottles of lotions. Dymphna moved through without stopping.

She came to a curtain that was used for a wall, pausing only to glance back and make sure the men were with her. Pulling it back just enough to step through, she held it then for them to follow.

This doorway led to their storage room. Here, meticulously kept and organized due to the young Drykas woman offering them entrance, was a vast array of herbs that would rival any shop in a city made of stone. Each shelf, though, clearly folded shut and latched to make travel easier, but there was jar upon jar of both domestic and exotic herbs.

“What for?” she repeated in Common. Then, looking at Sam, she said in Pavi, “What does he need? I talk Common like I was kicked in the head by a horse as a toddler.”
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Conrad on February 11th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Conrad looked around in his curiosity as he followed dymphna inside the tent his gaze wandering to the premade medicine that was laying on the tables, bags from which the contents where unknown to him, only barely reigning his curiosity in he ignored the bags and followed dymphna to behind the curtain.
His eyes widnend in surprise as he saw the wide amount of herbs stored here.

Dymphna once again turned to him and repeated the same question in broken common.
“What for?” She managed to say before turning to sama'el and began saying some things in pavi.
Letting the two lovebirds to their own devices for a while conrad checked his mental list for what he needed.
"Well," he started in common giving sama'el a look. "I need things that are able to dull the pain, things to clean a wound with a few things for burns and other things like that." He didn't immediately think about something else so he tought he had everything.
"So sama'el could you translate that?"
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on February 12th, 2011, 7:53 pm

When Dymphna asked him to translate and then Conrad did as well, Sama'el smiled and shifted Kita to his other hip. She was getting bigger, but he should be strong enough to carry her without complaint. He would have to help Eldon carry his barrels of water around, putting on some muscle and strength. Dymphna might even like that...

"Ah, all right. I can do that." He turned to Dymphna and filtered everything through his brain until it came out his mouth in Pavi.

"He needs painkillers, not terribly strong ones, it sounds like. Something to clean wounds, and something for burns. He's not from here, so I imagine he's looking for things he can't find elsewhere. There are a lot of things for all those symptoms, though..." He knew a little bit about herbs himself. Mostly how much he could sell them for and where to find them in Sylira and Taldera. But with two healers destined for his would-be pavilion, he was going to pick up a whole lot more information, he was sure.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Stumble Upon (Conrad)

Postby Mycroft on May 17th, 2011, 3:45 am

- Sama'el -

Experience:
Riding: +3
Horsemanship: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Animal Husbandry: +1
Body Building: +1

Lores:
Riding Double Bareback
Handstand Double-Double Animal Style
Humiliated by a Parrot
Impromptu Tourguide
Who Says a Thick Skull is a Bad Thing?
De Facto Translator

Notes: I added a point Body Building, just because doing a handstand on two horses is pretty strenuous work - I can't even do one on solid ground. That, and hefting a small child around isn't as easy as it looks. Though the season's over and it's no longer applicable, I'll just list your injuries anyway. Sama'el received several scrapes and bruises to his elbow, arms and legs, and moderate bruising to his shoulder which took 4-5 days to clear up. The bump to the head was minor, but shouldn't leave a scar.

-----

- Conrad -

Experience:
Medicine: +3
Bird keeping: +2
Morphing: +1

Lores:
Guided through Endrykas
Basic knowledge of Drykas Clans
One or Two Words of Pavi
Emergency Medical Technician
Blame It on the Parrot
No, I'll Walk, Thanks
Whitefeather Pavilion

Notes: That has got to be the most annoying parrot ever. I have a lot of sympathy for Sama'el's character after that. Your text formatting was a little hard to follow, couldn't tell sometimes which text was quoting Sam and which was Conrad's (except by reading carefully). I'd try to differentiate it a little more in the future, but I can see you were starting to put more effort into that later on, so no worries.

-----

- Dymphna -

Experience:
Intimidation: +1

Lores:
"Fat Goat Butt"
Sister "Duty"
Communicating Through a Language Barrier
A Miza Swallowed is a Miza Borrowed
Bullying a Smaller Sibling

Notes: I didn't see much I could really reward you with, but if I missed something, let me know. Additionally, please subtract 1 gold miza from your ledger. Then add it back again.
Mycroft

Previous