PM to join Riding with a friend (Irathia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Riding with a friend (Irathia)

Postby Jade Laken on January 24th, 2016, 3:43 am

30th Winter 515, A.V.

Jade walked to the stables and took out Diria with a smile having heard of course the knights use to train. She figured that she would go and see if the rumors of the area being open every ten days was true. Jade held onto the Yvas walking through the crowds so the pair could stop on a dimes notice. Her grey eyes looked around seeing what all the city had to offer. The young Drykas was amazed at the size of the citadel so many called home; while it was amazing she often felt trapped not used to being in a city with walls all around it.

“I don't understand how so many can call this place home?” Jade said looking around at the walls as even the apartment she is at has very few windows much like the rest of the citadel.

She shook her head and turned back to where the two was walking. As the young girl leads the horse through the city the crowds begin to thin and the young woman smiles seeing the wall beginning to the open up some from the rest of the castle. Picking up speed Jade began to run loving the feel of the wind in her hair once more as Diria picked up the pace also glad to be out of the cramped stable stalls. Jade slowed when she saw what she was looking for.

“There is it,” She walked up to the blocked off area and smiles talking to the knight as he allows her and Diria inside to ride.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on January 24th, 2016, 11:59 pm

Irathia walked with Ravonai, "So I am supposed to learn how to ride a horse?" Irathia said, as Ravonai nodded. "How am I supposed to go about that?" Irathia asked, curious. "Simple, you borrow a horse from the Order, and you try to ride it." Ravonai said, "Of course I will help you." She said. "It's not that hard." Ravonai grinned while she spoke.

Irathia stared at a woman as she entered the Windmount Tracks, she looked nice enough... She must have been common in there, for she just nodded to the knight and entered. "What about that lady." Irathia said, elbowing Ravonai. Ravonai looked at the girl, she shrugged and started to walk a bit faster, trying to catch up with the woman entering the ring that was the Windmount Tracks.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on January 25th, 2016, 3:59 am

Jade smiles and makes sure the yvas is on tight so it doesn't come loose and injure Diria. The young girl had her back to the two women who were approaching her coming to the track. Smiling gently Jade took her hair down and shook it out before putting it in a low ponytail. Stepping back the girl took a small running jump getting on the back of Diria happily.

"Ready to show these Knights what a drykas can do big girl?" Jade asked with a bright smile.

Slowly Diria backed up snorting ready to take off and show how fast a mare of the Drykas can go. Jade laughs gently at the mare.

"Behave now," Jade said with a smile patting her neck to calm her.

Diria looked back at her rider and shook out her mane noticing the two approaching the rider and mare. Jade looked over seeing Diria's attention had been occupied suddenly.

"Oh is something wrong?" Jade asked looking at the woman as she swiftly walked up to the girl and mare.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on February 27th, 2016, 9:41 pm

Irathia felt that she was sinking into her cloak as Ophelia walked up to the woman. "Yes, hello. May I ask if you ride often?" Ophelia said, she was smiling, "If you do, may I ask you to train my squire? I would think it would be better for some one who rides often to train her." She said, she waved a hand at the cloaked halfblood.

Irathia looked to the side, trying not to get eye contact with the two women. She was embarrassed about her patron going randomly up to some woman and asked her to train her to ride a horse. In her mind it was awkward and odd that some people can be so bold to just talk to some random person.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on February 27th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Jade turned to see the woman who called her. She smiles hearing the woman ask about riding. The young woman allowed the older one to finish her statements. Jade looked towards the girl who appeared to be trying to hide. Jade smiled gently showing she wasn't going to hurt her, turning her attention back to the woman beside her.

“Yes, I hail from Endrykas. Riding is in my blood,” Jade said with a smile, “I would be more than happy to help her learn to ride. It can be super scary when you first start riding and are unsure of a horse's movements.”

Jade waved the young woman over wanting to truly meet her and let her meet Diria.

“My name is Jade Laken,” Jade said with a smile walking over to the young woman as her mare followed her, “this is Diria. Would you like to ride on her or do you have a horse of your own?”

Jade wanted to know a little more about the woman's history since her own was very self explanatory. Diria snorted and shook out her mane looking to the young creature in the cloak.

Diria behave yourself Jade signed wanting the mare to behave and not scare the woman who appeared scared as it is.

“Sorry about her. She can be stubborn sometimes,” Jade said with a smile and patted the mare on the neck gently.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on February 27th, 2016, 11:19 pm

"I don't have a horse..." Irathia said, shuffling, the horse seemed intimidating, very worried that the horse will kick her. "My name is Irathia as well." Irathia just stared at the horse. She was wondering if she could even ride a horse, she felt like she would be to short to even ride a horse properly.

"Excuse me, but Irathia her can be quiet sometimes, she has also never written a horse." Ophelia said, getting a wide grin on her face as she placed a hand on Irathia's head. Irathia scowled as she slapped the hand off from her head. "Do you think Irathia can ride on Diria?" She asked. "Or do you think she might be a bit to short? Because we can easily get a horse from the order." Ophelia said.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on February 28th, 2016, 2:35 am

"Since you haven't ridden before I would probably say yes to you using a horse from your order. It's not that you are too short to ride Diria, my baby sister hops up and rides all the time with no problem. But you haven't had any kind of experience with mounting up without some kind of aid," Jade said.

Diria lowers her head and grazes while the three creatures talk. Jade pats her neck with a smile.

"You will need to ride on a horse you will use in your profession," Jade said trying to make sure the way she worded everything did not seem strange.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on March 1st, 2016, 12:19 am

Ophelia nodded, "I am going to get a horse for Irathia. Jade, can you watch Irathia and tell her the basics while I am gone? It is not going to take long." Ophelia said, giving Jade a soft smile as she turned around and walked started to walk away, not waiting for a answer.

Irathia shuffled slightly as she looked at the horse, she was slightly intimidated by the creature and she had a sudden interest in the floor. She hasn't even considered riding a horse before, and... It was sort of scary, but then again most new experiences were scary, like when she left Xy. The world around her seemed... Ever expanding, with no end in sight.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on March 1st, 2016, 2:32 am

Jade nods with a smile to the woman as she walked away. Jade turned back to the scared woman.

"Come here real quick," Jade said wanting to get her used to the mare.

"I know she is scary, but Diria is a big baby. When you are approaching a horse even if they are used to people always lead with your hand. You would be amazed about how much a horse learns about you with just a few sniffs," Jade said with a smile.

She offered her hand to Diria. The mare turned her head and sniffs the hand of her owner. Jade laughs gently as the hair on her nose and mouth tickle her hand. The young drykas turned to the woman and gently reached for her hand. Jade was more than willing to help the young woman through the process of learning horses. She was no teacher as some one the other drykas men and woman back at her home, but she knew enough to get the girl going in the right direction.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irathia on March 1st, 2016, 4:38 am

"You sure?" Irathia said, her voice was small and quiet. "I mean... I am up for it." Irathia said as she brought out her non tinted arm... She opened her palm up wide, making it flat as she studied the horse... She felt calmer a little bit as she looked at the large creature, it defiantly was a interesting thing. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

"I just put it to its nose?" Irathia said, she slowly brought her hand up to the horse's face, waiting for it to sniff her... Or maybe something else would happen. The fact that the horse could do anything frightened her a tiny bit more, but it quickly faded as she brought the hand closer to the horse.
Irathia
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next