Foraging and New Friends II

Continuation of Jasmine and Amunet meeting and foraging

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Amunet on February 1st, 2016, 12:38 am

2nd day, winter, 515 av
10th bell
One mile from Endrykas

The eager friend that came with her jerked up a ginger root. “Yep that’s one.” She watched her rub against poison ivy. Though it was winter and the plant is less active still some skin reacted immediately to the volatile oils in the foliage.

“wait a second.” The red head came close to the woman as she gently would ask for her arm to reveal the prickly rash raising from that slight brush with the plant. “Lets move away a bit.”

She beckoned her mare to come closer so she could get water on it and see how bad the irritation was and mitigate any further oils that may remain on the skin. “Looks like your really sensitive to poison ivy. Normally its dormant this time of year but it still has some reactive oils on it. “ Amunet didn’t seem alarmed as she poured the water on the prickly bumps were rising. Her hand went to cover the bumps as she closed her eyes a moment. The side of her face would shimmer in variegated opalescence. “There, no harm done.”

Amunet smiled up at her. “see if we can find some late nuts would be nice to have some walnut bread or something. “ She said as she indicated to package up their finds and move to a new location. The walnut grove was not too far and sometimes there would be other herbs there as well. “Walnut hulls make a dark brown almost black dye. The wood makes things as I understand. “ The girl bent down to pick at any nuts left. Wild boar were known to eat here as well. Amunet would start putting nuts and hulls in one of her mesh bags.
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on February 1st, 2016, 1:21 am

Jasmine walked over to the walnut grove with Amunet after she took care of the rising bumps on the girl's arm. She was surprised that she was no allergic to the plants.

"Strange. I didn't know that I was so allergic to the poison ivy. Though I have always been one to stay away from poison ivy. Gets in the way when I am working at the Guided Horse," Jasmine said with a shrug looking at the girl as the pair walked.

Jasmine handed over and ginger root to the girl when they make it to the grove. The blue eyed blond smiles brightly picking up the small walnuts happy to be able to help in any way she can.

"How did you get into being a healer?" Jasmine asked the young woman wanting to know more about her.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amunet on February 2nd, 2016, 2:13 am

“No not really allergies. It’s a high sensitivity. If it was an allergy it would be much worse reaction. “ The girl reassured the blonde woman. “I have seen that plant get the most sturdiest and burliest man.” Weeping eczema was no joke and it was horridly painful.
“The oils of that plant are worst in the summer. Just so you know.” The red head continued picking both nuts and the dark brown hulls. She kept her bag nearby so Jasmine could put what she wanted as she fully intended on sharing the bounty.

Amunet looked at Jasmine as she seemed to ask the most insightful question. Actually no one has really asked her that question. It caught her off guard as she blinked her eyes a moment. Her face took on a thoughtful quality as she regarded her answer carefully.

“My mom mostly. She was a very good herbalist and assisted doctors in the River Flower. When I was old enough I used to go with her and watch. “ There was a slight emphasis on the word ‘was’. She swallowed hard. “She died giving birth to my little brother when I was twelve. I worked hard after that in medicine and herbs. “ She stopped right there before it made her too emotional. There was a long intake of breath as she looked up to the sky to say a prayer to Rak’Keli. “Praise be to the great Healer, Rak’Keli, that grants me the gift to help those in need, to strengthen the people and provide people a sense of well-being. “ She closed her eyes it was then that the winged serpent sigil on the right side of her face shimmered and glistened to the prayer.
Amunet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on February 2nd, 2016, 4:54 am

"I'm sorry for your lose. I find myself sometimes wishing I didn't have a father but then I look and see those who have lost loved ones and reprimand myself. He has began to push harder and harder on me finding a mate but with my age and stubborness. I will never find one," Jasmine said gently looking down knowing she will never complete her father's wish to find someone.

Jasmine found herself looking down with a sigh before shaking her head refusing to think about the subject a moment longer. She continued to pick up the nuts and even found a few more ginger root to put in the young woman's pack that had been placed between them. Jasmine's mind began to wonder when she continued to pick up the nuts from the ground. Slowly her hands stopped moving as she replayed the fight the pair had only days ago causing the young blond to shout her hatred for him at the moment for all to hear.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amunet on February 6th, 2016, 2:10 am

She acknowledged the woman’s sentiments to the loss of her mother. She smiled. “It is well. “ The smile she had on her face was a careful one as the blonde continued with finding mates and her father.

“A mate will come when it happens. The life we Drykas live is what it is. Don’t settle but also don’t give up hope. Make up with your father when you can. Life is too short.” The girl said softly as a pained expression crossed her face.

The bag was gaining with their treasures and finds. A nut bread would definitely be in order and a nice treat. Now if she could remember Mara’s recipe for it. She looked at the young horsewoman as she honestly didn’t have a whole lot of girlfriends. Medicine, herbals and surviving had robbed her of having the time. She went to get a drink of water from her yvas and swallowed it while thinking. There might be more horehound by the old stone hanging but it also might have predators. It was way the end of season for it anyway. “I think we have enough and probably should head back. Syna doesn’t stay out long in the winter. “
Amunet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on February 6th, 2016, 5:36 am

"Sure thing," Jasmine said looking at the young woman beside her.

Blue eyes looked at the red headed woman gently. A soft hand covered the one on her shoulder. The girl knew that only time would tell if a man would find her suitable as a mate. Nodding her head gently the woman stood up as soon she would be deemed unmarriable in the Drykas culture. Shaking her head gently the woman pushed the thoughts from her mind. Chaser snorted looking at the two female creatures on the ground.

"I know. I want to make up with him, but he forces me away. He wanted me to have little ones by now with a loving mate, yet all I have done is disappoint him," Jasmine said gently as the once bright eyes of the woman turned to a darker and more serious side, "anyway. I had best get Chaser on home. It was fantastic to meet you Amunet."

Jasmine stood up dusting off her legs gently before walking off to Chaser. She was normally not so formal about saying good bye, but the conversation about her father had hit a soft spot. She sighed gently and mounted up on Chaser. Waving the woman turned Chaser back towards home and let him set the pace.

The Clan is Strength.
The Clan is Life.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Rufio on April 21st, 2016, 12:37 am

lookie lookie!

⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙

a m u n e t

xp

Botany +1
Medicine +1
Rhetoric +1
Foraging +1
Socialization +1
Leadership +1
Philosophy +1

lores

Medicine: A poison ivy rash
Medicine: Water mitigates poison ivy
Medicine: An allergy is worse than a sensitivity
Walnuts: The hulls make a dark brown-black dye
Foraging: Gathering walnuts in late Winter
Amunet: Prays to Rak’Keli for strength
Philosophy: Life is short

rewards

+1⁄2lb Walnuts
+1⁄2lb Ginger

j a s m i n e

xp

Foraging +2
Botany +1
Socialization +2

lores

Foraging: Gathering walnuts in late Winter
Walnuts: The hulls make a dark-brown-black dye
A poison ivy rash
Jasmine: Stubborn
Jasmine: A tense relationship with her father

rewards

+1⁄2lb Walnuts
+1⁄2lb Ginger

notes

Really enjoyable little snap-shot of Amunet's & Jasmine's friendship.

⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙   ⋙

if you feel i missed anything shoot a pm x please remember to edit your request! ┘
Rufio
Player

Words: 286748
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2015, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)