Do these socks match my Skirt? (Alexander Faircroft)

Shopping and stuff....

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Hwyn on February 5th, 2016, 2:32 am

Chuckling Hwyn relished the experience of getting to tease the knight, not so much out of cruelty but mischief. Urged on by the red tinge that had found it's way onto the knights cheeks. Tossing the red underear back with the others Hwyn continued to grin.

“This isn’t really an area I’m good with. I mean I’m not exactly the best when it comes to clothing.”

"that's alright, that black shirt you picked seems to suit you, helping me is like that, You just need to go with your first thought, and not thinking to much like you chivalrous types like too. Just use your Imagination and make the best guess you can. ok?"

This statement was punctuated with a stuck out tongue. Searching for something to complete the outfit Hwyn spooted what he was looking for, a Woolen tunic that was solid black, long enough to go to just above Hwyn's knees when worn the soft felt fabric it was made out of was both warm enough to be worn in winter and flexible enough to survive whatever antics Hwyn felt like pulling. Either way it was a win. with that found the last thing needed to be found was underwear. Searching for two pair Hwyn eventually found a pair of white cotton underwear with a small bow on the front and a Fiery red pair lined with white fur trim waist band. Presenting them both to the Knight Hwyn fixed him with both eyes.

"Ok I'll make it easy one you, which one of these do you like more, aaaaaaaand, why?"

With that Hwyn struck a pose as if nothing about the situation was odd or inappropriate. The Woman running the stall, a slightly older woman likely pushing her fortieth year barely concealed a grin a the situation the poor knight had been thrown into. Hwyn had already decided which pair he was getting but the question was too fun to pass up. After this decidion had been made Hwyn was going to Release the knight from the torture of clothes shopping and let him pick the next stall.

"Oh and if you make a good decision, I'll let you help me find a weapon, sound fun?"

See, Hwyn could compromise, at least Hwyn felt that he had just done the knight a favor.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 5th, 2016, 2:55 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Alex caught the small chuckle that she presented itself from her as she saw his discomfort about the whole situation. Apparently the black shirt he’d grabbed was to her approval. At least he had that going for him. Apparently it’d be better for him to just go with his gut and not over think things like he was used to doing. But if he didn’t over think things he’d end up saying something dumb. Alex watched her then lift two pairs of undergarments from the table. A simple question followed. Lined with such an edge of poison that Alex could almost smell it. No matter how he answered here he was going to be in a bad way. He paused a moment. Contemplating.

“Go with the red. It suits your demeanour.” He sighed out the response pulling his hood lower over his eyes as he did. He then caught the small chuckle from the shop keeper behind Hwyn and shot her a look of “don’t even.” She just kept smiling anyway, seemingly to spite him. Apparently though if he’d made a good decision he’d get to help her pick out a weapon. Given the sheer number of blades on him this was an area he felt at least a little sure with. “Alright I played your game can we just go get the pointy things now?” He spoke honestly kind of like a child bored with the situation. He wasn’t but he just didn’t want to feel the fool any more.

Before long after Hwyn had chosen what she wanted he’d lead the way to the ironworks. The best and only smithy in town. And the place where he’d bought his great sword and bastard sword upon entering the kngihts. His shield he’d had with him for a long while something that held a bit of a stronger meaning. He’d picked that up in Zeltiva. “Right then Hwyn. What kind of weapon are you after?” He glanced over his shoulder and caught sight of her out the side of his hood.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hwyn on February 5th, 2016, 3:26 am

“Go with the red. It suits your demeanour.”

Turning to the shop-keep Hwyn bought both pair of underwear and the Black tunic as well. The questioning of the Knight had been a redundent one but no less fun for him. After all it had revealed an amusing answer as to where the Knights opinion stood.

Secret :
Black felt tunic 5sm X 2 X 1.5 = 15Sm
Red underwear with trim 4Sm X 2 X 1.5 = 12 Sm
Green Cotton underwear 4 Sm X 1.5 X 1.5 = 9 sm

“Alright I played your game can we just go get the pointy things now?”

Actually laughing at the Knights reaction Hwyn nodded enthusiastically. Perhaps the Knight had earned a reprieve of sorts. Plus getting a weapon was not exactly a bad idea in any way. In a city where everyone was armed having a weapon to compliment the rest of Hwyn's gear would probably pay off quite well in the end.

"Allrighty!! Time for the pointy things my big bro seems to love so much, Ooh I wonder if I can find a sheath that compliments my new outfit, That'd be cool right?"

Getting behind the knight and pushing him out of the clothing Section Hwyn wrapped her free arm around the knights left arm. letting him take the lead towards the weapon shops, Hwyn didn't know much about weapons so he was going to let the knight take the lead on this particular venture.

"What kind of weapons do you like the most?"

A simple enough question but it should let Hwyn in on what sort of fighting style the knight preferred. That in itself was a useful tidbit of information to have for anyone who spent time with fighters.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 5th, 2016, 4:54 pm

purchases :
Paired scimitars. 2 scimitars = 30GM

As soon As Alex finished speaking, Hwyn spun round and placed into the shop keepers hands the payment for all three items she’d picked up. Feeling like he’d been played he just shot her a look. “You had every intention of just buying them so why even ask me?” He leered down at her a half irritated glance still soft but annoyed that she’d made him look a fool. His statement following about going and buying some steel as opposed to cloth was met with laughter and a soft nod.

As he walked off he was met with her speaking about finding a matching sheath for the new clothes she’d picked up. He was mildly concerned as to why she was so obsessed with matching clothing. And such bright colours. Alex was much happier with simple dark colours that matched nature. Mostly as it was what he was brought up with. Apparently it was time for her to come with him to get some weaponry. As he started to walk off he could feel hands in the small of his back pushing him further out of it faster. Apparently this was Alex’s area so he was off to lead the way. Before he could even motion around though, she wrapped her arm around his pressing it into her side. Something became apparent to him very quickly. Still he said nothing, but as she asked what he preferred as a weapon he looked at her sort of crossways.

“I would have thought that’d be fairly apparent given the weapons on me.” A short glance down at her and they stepped through the streets toward the Ironworks. Alex pushed in the doors and was met with the overwhelming heat of the gorges and the smell of oiled steel and working people. “Right take a look around. Find something that suits your style.” He broke off from her not out of rudeness but to allow her to look freely. Alex walked over to the section with blades. His weapons were primarily straight edged and suited to more brutal hit and soak combat. He wanted something with a little more finesse. A bit more of a curve.

He wanted something primarily suited to more fluid movements. He scanned through the shelves. Eventually his eyes fell upon a pair of blades, crossed in pattern with their sheaths beneath them. Simple and unassuming he picked one up and gave it a small mock swing. The weight felt good and it cut the air swiftly. The grip curved in his hand allowing him a better hold for more fluid movements. And better yet
there were two of them. He picked the other one up, giving them both a bit of a swing in each hand he smiled. A good choice. He picked up the blades sheathed and stepped over to the counter. Slapping down thirty golden mizas he slipped them both onto his belt one each side. Eventually he was going to have to learn how to sue both the blades at the same time.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on February 6th, 2016, 12:09 am

“You had every intention of just buying them so why even ask me?”

Snickering at the knights response Hwyn replied simply.

"It's so I know which pair to wear when I hang out with my Big bro"

Snickering at his frustration Hwyn followed the man all the way to the shop enjoying the contact with another human. The walk wasn't too long and the knights longer legs made Hwyn take a brisk pace to keep rythm with his strides. Upon entering the shop Hwyn was blasted with heat that knocked the chill of winter right off. Letting the Knight detach himself from him Hwyn looked up at the man as he surveyed the room with relish at the sight of things that he actually understood.

“Right take a look around. Find something that suits your style.”

Skipping off Hwyn poked around from display to display looking for a weapon that he liked. Looking from weapon weapon Hwyn considered the knights preferences, he seemed to be the type to use swords, a common weapon among knights. But was that the sort of weapon Hwyn wanted to use. Pondering for a good several minutes Hwyn finally decided to purchase a shortsword that caught his eye. The thing wasn't particularly flashy but instead had a dark sheen to it. Grabbing the weapon and it's undercoated leather sheath.

Secret :
Cold steel short sword 30Gm

Catching up to the knight Hwyn grinned at him before presenting the weapon he had chosen to the knight.

"whaddya think of this, good choice?"

Hwyn wasn't sure how to feel about the weapon, he'd never had to use one before, could he if he needed to?

"Oh, and I'm done shopping, so lets do that thing that you've been distracted with all day, I'll help you out as payment for tagging along all day"
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 6th, 2016, 12:30 am

Alex sighed feeling the weight of the swords strapped to his belt. Too much more and he was going to have difficulty fighting But better that he knew what he was using and could start to test it out. Looking down at his belt he had a quiver, a dagger, a bastard sword, and now two scimitars on it. On his back a bow and a great sword. Hearing a voice from behind him he glanced over his shoulder to see Hwyn standing behind him presenting a sword to him. Darker steel than he was used to seeing. Alex ran a finger over the blade lightly and it was even in the heat of this place, cold to the touch. “Nice choice.” A small smirk settled across his face. The smaller blade would be better suited to her frame. Apparently she was done shopping for the day however she wanted to help him with what he’d been distracted with.

“No offense Hwyn, but I’m not sure you’re up to the task of handling what I’m off to do.” His words were honest. From the way that she was holding the sword he could tell that she barely even knew how to hold let alone wield a sword. “If you want to come with me then first I’ve got to test out how much you know about fighting.” Alex gave her small sideways glance and rested his hands on the swords now either side of his waist. He was half glad he wasn’t also carrying his shield else he’d have some difficulty.

Stepping out of the Ironworks and into the open cold air once again a shiver ran down his spine. I don’t feel right dragging her along with me. I don’t even want to put anyone in the danger I’m going to have to face eventually. Alex glanced over his shoulder back over to her. “You coming or what?” A small smirk across his face as another new change of venue was scheduled on the cards. He headed off towards the fighters pit. A slight slam in his steps. He had faith that she’d be able to handle herself after a little bit of instruction.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on February 6th, 2016, 1:19 am

The knights response to Hwyn's generous and ambivalent offer was turned down without much thought by the knight.

“No offense Hwyn, but I’m not sure you’re up to the task of handling what I’m off to do.”
“If you want to come with me then first I’ve got to test out how much you know about fighting.”

Following the man out of the Iron works Hwyn considered what the knight was saying. Hwyn would need to learn to defend himself, that was a fact. Secondly what did the knight mean about testing Hwyn. He didn't intend to make Hwyn fight him did he? That was certainly a scary prospect, Hwyn had always thought running away or seducing an opponent was the safest option actually fighting was a whole different prospect for Hwyn.

“You coming or what?”

The man's words pulling Hwyn out of his thoughts the Knight smirked seeming almost excited about what was coming next. Putting on a brave face hwyn skipped next to the night and grabbed his arm beaming at him.

"I'm coming, but can i get changed first, like I was saying, a dress just isn't made for combat."

It wasn't really a ploy if Hwyn was going to be fighting he needed to wear something he could fight in. Plus, Hwyn kinda wanted to put on his new clothes. The new clothing was perfect Hwyn had picked the underwear specifically for both their tightness and material, perfect for tucking certain aspects of anatomy away in such away that even a trained eye would be led astray. The tunic was also nice in that it was long enough to go down to just below where the stockings stopped. Not to mention that they would emphasize his small hips that were normally hidden by a dress. As for Hwyn's torso there was no faking breasts with this outfit, but his slender torso would still give off an hourglass-esque shape with the help of the belt that Hwyn had put the sword on. The outfit alltogether should come out both functional and feminine. Just the way Hwyn liked it.

Secret :
The type of underwear ins specific Hwyn is wearing would be referred to as a gaff, Look it up if you need proof if such devilry
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 6th, 2016, 2:00 am

Alex nodded lightly as Hwyn asked if she could dart off to get changed for the spar first. After all she was right she couldn’t fight in a dress. Wouldn’t exactly be effective. Still as she darted off to go and do her thing he kind of regretted not going with her. Instead he headed over to the training pits. Unsure of which blade would be the best one to test her against. Alex stepped up to the edge of the sands. His blades clanking as he dropped down into it. Getting a few odd looks from some of the citizens for the sheer amount of weaponry he was carrying.

He wasn’t going to use one of his weapons on Hwyn that would just be asking for trouble. Alex stepped over to the wall of weaponry all blunted but could still deal some serious damage if mishandled. Perusing the wall of blades, axes, clubs and other such varied implements of pain. He settled on the weapon of choice he would be wielding. Picking the great sword off of the wall he held it in his arms. He swung it firmly from side to side several times to get a feel for the weight and the tug of the blade. He’d gotten more used to the pull of a great sword and had learned how to counterbalance it over the last couple of days. Wheeling the huge lump of steel about him he felt the metal willing to tug him towards his opponent at short notice.

He gave the steel a hard swing and then struggled to stop the blade at the point of impact. His muscles tensing beneath his armour. Alex lifted his left arm high and held his right low. Pointing the tip of the blade towards the ground and the guard and handle high almost level with his head. His feet widened as he stepped into stance. He was ready to test her and whatever fancy style or lack of style she had to bare against him. Alex smirked bringing the sword up in a sharp jolt from the ground almost like throwing a haymaker with steel. A sharp crack sounded form his back with the popping of an air pocket. Letting the sword fall to his side in one arm he awaited her arrival again at the pits. Stood off to the edge.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on February 6th, 2016, 2:37 am

Dashing off to get changed Hwyn laid out all the clothing he had acquired and smiled, Yes he had definitely made some good choices on this day. Pulling off his dress and in short order the rest of his clothing Hwyn looked over himself. His body was feminine yes, that had been made sure of long ago. but beyond that his skin was marred with countless scars his stomach, back, thighs, ribs... all of it unworthy to be seen and loved like Hwyn himself. Shaking his head ruefully Hwyn grinned at how pathetic he was, The first time today he was alone and he was already getting depressed.

Shrugging off the feeling Hwyn pulled on the new red underwear a small gasp escaping him as the underwear previously exposed to winter air slipped around his derriere and other bits. Adjusting the underwear Hwyn made sure that nothing that shouldn't be seen could be testing his range of motion before nodding satisfied with the fit and view. next came the stockings, pulling them on Hwyn enjoyed the feel of the material as it slid up his hairless legs with an almost audible "shhhhsh" they came up to about two inches above his knee the material hugging his legs tightly showing off his calf muscles and the beginnings of his thighs. Next came the new black tunic. Pulling the felt tunic on Hwyn again reveled in the feel of the soft fabric, nothing from sunberth came even remotely close to being as comfortable. Just as he had imagined the tunic fit him well hugging his stomach but hanging loose to go down to his knees so that he could still maneuver as needed. The tunics sleeves came down to his wrists ending in a somewhat elastic band that hugged his wrists so that there was little loose material.

Then Hwyn hung the sword belt around his narrow waist and smiled at his new appearance. Less feminine than the dress perhaps but also more comfortable and usable in combat. Pulling the hooded cloak over his shoulders Hwyn headed towards the sparring grounds ready to take the beating he had coming. He had no doubts he was going to lose, but at least he might look good loosing. Shaking his head Hwyn grinned, No he was going to do his best this city was full of new things perhaps one of those new things could be a victory for Hwyn. Setting aside his doubts Hwyn held his head up. He wanted to get stronger and somehow he would manage it our die trying. After all he still had unfinished business with too many people in sunberth to just lay down and die without doing anything with his life. Resolving himself Hwyn swallowed. The Knight would no doubt be using a larger weapon and wearing armor whereas as Hwyn was not going to be. So, how do you get around that fact? Thinking Hwyn began to plot maybe Hwyn could think of it more like a heist than a fight. Instead of the knights coin purse Hwyn needed to spot a weakness.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on April 2nd, 2016, 10:12 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Hwyn

XP:
Disguise - 2
Observation - 3
Larceny - 1
Rhetoric - 2
Acting - 2
Socialization - 4
Investigation - 2

Lore:
Disguise: A Girl's Look, in Cloth and Kohl
Observation: Looking for Easy Grub
Looking like you Belong
"Big Brother": Turning an Annoyance into an Asset
The Joy of Company!
Pretty AND Functional
Short Sword: My Kinda Weapon

Alexander

XP:
Stealth - 1
Socialization - 3
Observation - 3
Investigation - 1
Acting - 1
Intelligence - 2

Lore:
"H": Starting to Test the Limits
Keeping up the The Act with "H"
Intelligence: Using your Cover as... well, Cover (For Surveillance)
Fashion is a Strange and Impenetrable Thing
Picking out the Right Blade for the Right Person

Additional:
+1 Shield Point for helping a Syliran citizen around (even an unsavory one... stops her from thieving, I suppose)

Click Me! :
This was a nice story but Alex, you're playing up your abilities a little too much, here. I don't care how many Akalaks or Knights are around, you CAN'T be stealthy or "silent" covered in that many weapons, including a GREATSWORD.

Everything else was fine, and I loved how Hwyn was running rings around poor Alex in everything but martial expertise, hehe! Hwyn was a hoot in this, a perfect joker to Alex's straight man, and aside for long sections on clothing (hardly my area of expertise, or interest), this all flowed very quickly. Your sparring definitely helped, and the general, tranquil plot did the same. Good job!

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4