[Bazaar]Making New Friends[Ivan, and company]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Thunder on December 15th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Ivan's body shaking from his rumbling laughter, Thunder tried his best to stay on his shoulder. He managed, somehow, and smiled.

"No, not really. I try to be free from things that tie me down to one place. And it doesn't take much to tie me down." He joked, not speaking as loudly due to his proximity to Ivan's ear. "I don't mind perching up here until the time comes to leave. I rather like the view - It's not often I get to be this high up. Things are a lot different."

And indeed they were. From his position on Ivan's shoulder, 5' from the ground, he couldn't really see across the bazaar, but he could see a great deal farther than he could from the ground. Grinning, he sits silently, admiring the view. Wherever the rest of the day led, Thunder felt his (near) future was secure. He was leaving Syliras, beginning his adventures, and starting the process of acquiring experiences worthy of envy.

From habit, the little Pycon man tore off a small piece of clay and began to eat it. Instead of eating a big meal once a week, Thunder preferred to eat a bit each over the course of the week. It was easier to manage, and he liked that it gave him relatively consistant body weight and make-up, as eating once a week would cause him to fluctuate. If there was anything he enjoyed more than adventure, it was consistency.

Speaking of food... "Ah, Ivan, you may or may not know this-" Probably, since he just saw him. "- but Pycon don't eat food like the other... Ah... Races. We eat clay. And I'm going to need enough for the journey to Sunberth, wherever that is." He knew perfectly well where it was, of course, as two members of his Pyve had been there before. They spoke often of the roughness of the humans there, who seemed to kill and rob their fellow man for sport. It had always fascinated him. "I'm not saying now, but before we leave, I'll need to buy clay for the trip. I won't need much - only a pound or five." Grinning, he reaches into his sack again and pulls out a clay encrusted Gold Miza. "I can pay for it, if you would be willing to carry it for me. I can only carry so much." Gesturing to the sack, he holds the Miza out in front of him, waiting for Ivan to grab it.
"You see the world a lot differently from down here"
Thunder
The little flying man.

Words: 9055
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2010, 4:04 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Ivan on December 15th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Ivan took the coin from the little man. It amused him to think of anyone as little, sense everyone around towered over him. There was not much he wanted to buy, since he’d be hinting soon anyway. He also had no idea where he could buy clay. Then, due to his companion’s size, an idea popped into his head. with not much effort, he made he hammer lift itself from his shoulder and he put the head near his comrade.

“ Hop on, friend. I’ll life you up and you tell me where to go. I can’t see well past all these tall folk, and.... well, I can’t read. I know there are signs on stalls, but i dunno what they say...”
Beast, Man, Or God, I Know Of Nothing That Survives A Severed Head!

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Words: 27113
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 5:53 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Thunder on December 15th, 2010, 11:36 pm

"Sure thing!" Thunder quickly accepted the offer. Being a daredevil, he briefly considered what would happen if he fell, but pushed that thought out of his mind as he clambered onto the hammer. Slipping the knot of his small pack into Ivans' fingers, he lays face-down on the top of the hammer, concentrating fiercly to get his limbs to bend at awkward angles, allowing himself better purchase on the weapon.

Grinning, he gives Ivan a thumbs-up sign and grabs back on, preparing to be lifted higher than he had ever been before - Well, besides rooftops, but they don't count, since they're so hard to fall off of.
Thunder
The little flying man.

Character sheet

Postby Ivan on January 9th, 2011, 12:58 am

Ivan hefted up his hammer, but not high. It was barely over the heads of the humans, who gave him a rather wide berth. He was afraid a guard might kill him, but he figured his life wasn’t important to begin with. He left the directions up to the wee man he was holding up, and stood to the side of the street until he was told to go. He silently gave prayer to Izurdin that he was not brought down by the knights of this city.

“ I am ready, but please be swift.”

( OOC: sorry for the long wait and short answer. i had an unexpected "vacation"...)

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Thunder on January 11th, 2011, 11:48 pm

Thunder gave a shout of exhilaration as he was lifted into the air. Higher now than he was before, he grinned, clearly enjoying himself. Howver, he soon managed to reign in his excitement, and got back to the task at hand.

Looking around, he covers his eyes, shielding them from the suns' glare (He didn't really need to do this, but he thought it looked rather cool, and a thing one would expect a great adventurer to do.

Posed like this, Thunder quickly scans the crowd (as much as he could see at barely above head-height) searching for the man who offered him clay earlier. Spotting him, he lifts a hand and waves, trying to get his attention, but to no avail.

A gust of wind shot by, sending Thunder's arm crashing back down to the hammer. Metaphorical heart thundering, he grins again. "Harameus above, that was exciting!" He shouts to his companion weilding the hammer which was his floor at the moment. "I found something, I think."

Sliding off, he grasps the sides before he lets go completely, and then drops down onto Ivans' head, then to his shoulder. "It's that way," He says, pointing towards the man he spotted. "I found someone who I believe knows where to buy the clay."

Idly noshing on a peice of clay, he waits for Ivan to move.
Thunder
The little flying man.

Character sheet

Postby Ivan on January 13th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Ivan let his hammer drop, catching it directly under the head. Ivan took a moment to run a hand through his hair before he moved as his little guide told him to. This partnership might work well, Ivan using his superior might and Thunder being able to read. Ivan thought of possible ways that his new friend could be useful in his future plans.

Ivan moved through the crowd, not knowing what he was looking for. He hoped the little one could see well, though the men around them were tall. Honestly, he wished one would step on his toes or shove him a bit too rough, so that he could spill their brains upon the ground. He truely hated to be close to so many people.

" Do you see what you are looking for, comrade? It would be best for us to depart soon..."

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Thunder on January 14th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Thunder looked around as they walked through the crowd, sometimes having to push their way through. The look of unease on Ivan's face was apparent, but Thunder wasn't concerned. Lot's of people are uncomfortable in large crowds like this. Thunder wasn't, though. He enjoyed being with all the people, listening to quiet murmurings from people conversing, the static-like noise of a large gathering of people, hanging like a cloud over all the bodies. Thunder absorbed this cloud, or so he mused. He took it all in, like white noise, and it had a calming effect. Or so he felt.

Spotting the man he was looking for ahead of them, a bit to the right, Thunder pointed him out to Ivan.

"There's the man. He inquired earlier if I might want to purchase some clay, so he must know where to get it, eh? He might even have a stall of his own."
Thunder
The little flying man.

Character sheet

Postby Ivan on January 24th, 2011, 8:33 am

Ivan saw the man to whom he was directed. Yet another being larger then he. He walked over, no longer caring about the humans in his path. Those that would not move got pushed, toes stomped, and mostly glared at. Crowds always seemed to anger Ivan. Soon enough his path opened before him and he was able to reach the man who hid little friend had mentioned.

Ivan, who had by this point decided to let his comrade do the talking, stood still as he drew near. He grumbled at the man to get his attention. Leisurely, he reached into his coin purse, on his left side, to take out a few more gold pieces. Five pounds of anything would likely cost more then one gold miza in a big city like this. The man turned to them and inquired as to why we bothered him, and Ivan waited for Thunder to reply.

The RechaYomi
Ivan
The Man And The Hammer.

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Thunder on January 27th, 2011, 11:23 pm

"Hello, sir?" Thunder said, for they were close enough to the man for normal conversation. "Remember me? You offered to sell me some clay?"
The man looked at Ivan, as if pondering for a moment. Then, grinning, he looked at Ivan and said, "Of course I remember ye. The only Pycon out t'day. 'Least, of what I've seen... What is it ye want? Changed y'er mind 'bout the clay?"
"Exactly. I recently met with a friend who was travelling ,and I plan on going with him." Thunder gestured to Ivan. "I'll need about 5 pounds for the journey."
The man nodded at Ivan, then said, "Follow me, then."

They walked through the bazaar, into a corridor in the castle, and stopped in front of a door. The man guiding them knocked three times, and a few seconds later the door was opened by another man, of large size and girth, his hands covered in clay. Inviting them in, he asks, “Who may these people be, my son?”

“This Pycon is interested in buyin’ some clay, da. The Isur is his friend.” He motioned them in, indicating a seat near the door that appeared to serve no purpose.

“Ah. I would be glad to sell you some, little man. How much do you need?”

Thunder thinks for a moment, then says, “Seven pounds, I think. We can always find more on the journey if we need to.” Truthfully, he never really payed attention to how much he ate per week. While most Pycons ate once a week, Thunder preferred to eat a bit each day.

“Seven? Alright, then, let me go get it packed up for you.”

Looking around the room, Thunder could see that the man was a potter. Of course, where else would they buy clay in the city? He supposed they could have dug it up themselves, but it seemed out of the way.

The man returned with a leather bag on his shoulder. Handing it to them, he opens the strap and shows them the clay inside. It is covered with a sheen, probably from water. “Seven pounds, more or less. And now, price. How does...” The man paused for a moment, doing some calculations in his head. “Two gold miza sound? That’s about fair...” In truth, the man was probably ripping them off, but who could blame him? Besides, a potter ought to know the price of clay.

Thunder waited for Ivan to pay the man, and then they would leave.
Thunder
The little flying man.

Character sheet

Previous