Solo To Knock on Wood

(Job Thread 2)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

To Knock on Wood

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 5th, 2016, 11:48 pm

70th of Winter515AV out of 92nd

As days passed like clockwork. Ferrin and Ellwyn had a decided day, sectioned for hunting. Though, not that the two had done their share of it. Ellwyn swiftly glided through the streets of Syliras. She was a being as cordial as a ladybug. Gregarious as a golden lab. Ferrin enjoyed being around the Syliran Commoner, as if he were reading some interesting story that enlightened his world of imagination. If he was in his world, at the moment, it would be with Ellwyn, she would be the best music to listen to. Her soft voice, energetic, kind and lightly spoken tone encouraged Ferrin. In a way it had.

The streets of Syliras flowed like a current brushing against each and every ripple within a large river that flowed with tremendous speed, but not fast enough to be harmful, and not as slow when logs would have had blockaded the waterway. But, the streets are of no waterway, Ferrin, after living within the fractures of the city, had grown accustomed to the busyness of everyone. There was one person who would be debating over some unjust card game or deal. That had just passed him"Outrageous, that card dealer, he is. I can't believe that old incredulous fool. He taints our knowledge with false accusations and then robs us of our own game. What a shyke!"The man stated. His words were clear, and concise.

Ferrin took his longbow and shifted the tool to the man's other shoulder. Where, it was less prone of getting knocked over. And Ferrin would appreciate it if it weren't some highly aggressive commoner. The man wasn't hoping for some conflict today, or any other day. Fortunately his wish came true, and the man that was once complaining of his lost deal, walked away into some other building. "So, Ferrin. What are you planning on catching today? I'm hoping for something small, that we can actually lift and carry, and not something as heavy as a dear." Ellwyn, half chuckled and had half of her voice crack. Though, she didn't appreciate the killing of animals, but it was one of many ways to survive.

"Yes, something small would do, but maybe we could find something like another gazelle. Though, those don't really leave the mountains much. So, probably less likely to find one within the woods. And we were perhaps lucky that day with Jade. But, I'm hoping that we can catch something that holds decent profit."Money, was somewhat and issue for the Kenashian. But, not as bad as it would be if he were a homeless fellow. One, who would hold out a cup for change and suffer for days, wandering about with no food. No, supplies to be satisfied throughout each and every season.

Ferrin hadn't seen to many homeless fellows, to understand how it would be like. Living within their shoes, taking up jobs that are impassable to turn aback. Though, Ferrin can yearn a possible grasp of what it would be like, but he could never imagine himself being homeless. Plus, there would be a lot of opportunities to get an occupation. For example, becoming a Squire. Though, you could get harassed by your patron Knight a lot, but. As long as you have some place to stay, right? The two trudged along, merely happily as they neared the gates to hopefully avoid the depths of the commoners and the like.

"Finally, yes Ferrin. We can breath and hopefully find something worth looking for. Maybe, we can learn something from out trip?"Ellwyn asked as she hurried towards one of the guards as if she were some little kid who was happy that she had received a pony for her birthday from her parents. And the pony was something that the little girl would have wanted. Ellwyns pony, in fact. Would be hunting. And she would take each and every opportunity to go out and hunt. No matter what the season it be. Fall, Winter, Summer, Spring.

"Perhaps, we could catch something. Lets just hope for the best."Ferrin and Ellwyn passed the two guards who stood at their posts aware of the two passing by with simple nods in return as Ferrin and Ellwyn slowly waved and nodded their own heads to venture out into the woods. Synas light shown brightly as the two walked about. With the sounds of boots and shoes, that crunched snow and dirt beneath their feet as the two walked. Hopefully, the day would be fortunate enough for them. So the two could make some possible profit worthy enough for the Fortress City of Peace. Hopefully, just hopefully.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

To Knock on Wood

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 6th, 2016, 3:38 pm

The two took route, and decided on heading North throughout the Kabrin as the two did so. They conversed lightly, as the trees swayed like a human doing some odd peaceful dance. Winds brushed lightly against each and every separate leaf. The leaves obliged happily like the two mixed as if one was the melody and the other were the instruments used to perform the melody.

Synas lights shown with great prosperity and enlightenment. As if it were a winter summer.Ferrin blinked as wind carried dust across and over his face. The man sighed lightly as he was partially upset of the fact that it had to be cold. And windy. The man can deal with the coldness, but it was the snow and wind that could bother him. It annoyed Ferrin, of how cold it could really get. But, it was tolerable enough to trudge through it.

The man whistled softly as Ellwyn spoke. Her encouraged tone filled the air like an aroma of sweet crisp apple pie. Ferrin instantly stopped whistling, but would resume once more as Ellwyn stopped, but after Ferrin would give his response."So, Ferrin. Where are we planning to head out to hunt today. Want to try a new spot? We would be heading in that general direction already. So, what do you say? Up to it?"The Kenashian tilted his head and adjusted his shoulder that carried the longbow to a more comfortable position while he matched pace with Ellwyn.

"Am I up to it? It depends where is this location you speak of? And how would it differ to any other spot that we've hunted at?"The man asked lightly, though he added a hidden tint of annoyance. But, most of it was sheer curiosity. And what's there to say, but curiosity could kill the cat. And if Ferrin made a wrong decision of choosing that location, one of which he has little information to carry it about with.

"I've heard that Pavi Lake was something. Some of the other hunters were excited of the game they fetched. So, perhaps the two of us could do better? Or something worth profitable like you said earlier? Stuff like a Bongo, Antelope. Or maybe a White Tailed Deer. Or something of the size that can get us a well fixed profit."Ellwyn spoke with a smile as she finished and Ferrin pondered his thoughts as he interprets what Ellwyn explains.

Pavi Lake? Possibly. Maybe. Or, we could go out and hunt something else that wouldn't be telling me that it's a danger zone.Ferrin thought. The man sighed, as he thought for a few more ticks. The two passed a merchant, pulling a cart through to Syliras. The cart was a piece of work. One of the wheels bent, which probably explained of the merchants cussing like a sailor. He first complained of how it was hurting his back of pulling the dammed thing. A couple of germs spilled out from leathery looking bags. Musical instruments, and a few bow cases, perhaps with custom made bows.

Ferrin was interested in what the merchant was selling, but perhaps it would be modest to not attempt to have bother the man. Sides of the wagon was beat up, and scracted. What kind of animal can do such thing? How would it do something, if it were an animal? How come the merchant is untouched by the creature? What has had happened to the man? Ferrin took note of the wagon, but he decided to mark the topic with less importance then it should be.

"Ok, I guess we can take a hunting day to hunt near Pavi Lake, but I've heard it can be quite dangerous. So keep an eye out."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

To Knock on Wood

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 12th, 2016, 1:34 am

It didn't take to long to find a decent enough clearing that rested near Pavi Lake. The clearing was roughly twenty yards out from the lake. Ferrin sat down, rested his things against a fallen log as he positiones himself up on it. Though, not comfortable as a cushion might be, but suits better them being on the hardened grass. Where there was snow, and other natural resources. Ellwyn sat down with grace as she was relieved to find a spot worth sitting.

The lake, known as Pavi Lake, Ferrin was told that it was the biggest lake within Mizahar by far. Surely, the whole of the Sylira Region must be proud of its existence. Ferrin was certainly mesmerized by the view. The magnanimous looking lake can be spotted through the depths of the trees that merely blockaded the lake and its original view. Noting, nothing can change the perspective of this lake. And no one. It was certainly a work by mother nature.

"What are you hoping to find, Ferrin? " Ellwyn asked as she took a look around the clearing, though before she scanned. She gazed at Ferrin and spoke her question before she took her look about the clearing.

"Well, as I said before, something that we could carry. And worth profitable. But, this place has a nice view to it. And I can't wait to see what and which animals we would find. I hope, that it won't be a coyote or a Wolf, or anything other that could be as preadatious like em'." Ferrin sighed, as he took out a flint and steel. He tossed the flint about in the with one hand, as he left his opposite hand holding the steel.

He stopped suddenly as he heard a rustle sound coming forth from bushes behind the two. Ferrin looked back, and out came a small white rabbit. It squeaked as it scurried away through the soft white snow as it did, it left a trail of pawprints behind it. Revealing the destination of the rabbit if one were to follow. Ferrin abided the rabbit and allowed it to live. Just, this day. He'll possibly come back to it one trip or another.

The Kenashian sighed as he followed the empty space of white snow before him and the Syliran commoner. Ellwyn sighed as well. Though merely unsatisfied if the answer replied by Ferrin. Ferrin wasn't really to keen in conversing with Ellwyn at the current moment. The Woods isn't necessarily the best place to go out and talk about personal problems. Or anything really.

Ferrin didn't intend to ignore Ellwyn. But, she got the idea. Talking disturbs the wildlife. And Ellwyn was really hoping to catch something today. The pair trudged deeper along in silence and was flabbergasted to discover nothing even after a mile or so out past the Kabrin Road. The two neared the Lake. And they could clearly see it in plain view as they both scanned the fresh watery lake. They viewed the display with mere awe and excitement. Somewhat eager to continue there hunting trip.

As Ferrin peered throughout the wondrous lake. He thought he had noticed something moving within the water. Something, dangerous. But, it probably won't have much effect on them while out hunting, whatever it was. Ellwyn continued along the coast of the lake, though, away from the water. She acted as if it were a death trap. But, felt it safe to be on land.

Ferrin strolled next to her while slowly swinging the longbow on his right hand. Ellwyn smiled warmly with a hunt of confusion. Though, she was glad that she was at Ferrins side. She pointed down the coast as she spotted a faun sipping the liquid with its tounge. "Over there. A faun? What's the plan?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

To Knock on Wood

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 12th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Ferrin gazed to where the faun dipped its head in to supplement itself with freshly cold water. Winds blew little, as the two stood abruptly before the faun a mile or so away alongside the coastline of Pavi Lake. Ellwyn crouched down low as if she were some acrobat learning to do a somersault. Ferrin followed."Well?" Ferrin spoke in a whispery tone. A modest tone of confusion hinted along the mix as well.

Ferrin sighed as he attempted to formulate a plan or two so it can be perfectly executed thoroughly. Though, for some reason formulating a plan such like this was a minor challenge for the Kenashian. He was quite flabbergasted and still tired from the early morning walk, and the fact being that it is still early in the morning. The horizon shifted tones of colors from orange and purple. To purple and dark blue. Now, it wasn't as early as imagined.

The water upon the lake shimmered like sparkly silk. And glammered almost as if it were some sort of "star." To take a drink from the lake was tempting, but Ferrin didn't want to risks of a possibility of getting harmed from any lake monster that the commoners had once been talking about. Ellwyn stared at the young faun creature who dipped its head in as if it were merely exasperated from hydration. And it needed to be satisfied with a gallon, or more before it wanders off again. Or, it probably knows that the two humans are watching it and pretending to drink from Pavi Lake. Possibilities rattled like a maraca while the man slightly grew a headache as he thought what the faun was planning on doing.

"Smart." Ferrin thought. He chuckled low hearty like as his voice choked with hoarse whispers. Ellwyn, gave him a look like "What?" with her left eyebrow facing upwards in a state of confusion. Ferrin returned her posed question with"The faun. It knows where here.We can't flank it. No."Ferrin said with another whisper. He didn't know why the two needed to be quiet when the faun was clearly aware of the two. Clearly. Ferrin raised his legs and stood up. He stopped walking as Ellwyn followed the Kenashian."So... What is the plan. No flanking. Obviously."The faun perked its head up as if it were listening to the two converse. And leaned its head towards the two of them as its ears twitched.

It looked as if it were trying to find reception with its ears. Though, listening to the two humans. Ferrin sighed. And he asked Ellwyn to group up in a two person "Circle." The two began whispering as the wind whisked through each gust. "Well, it probably can't hear us when we're talking like this."Ferrin exclaimed as he swiveled his head back at the faun and turned his head back to Ellwyn before she spoke. "I'm not sure what to do. Animals these days. I swear to the Gods, that they are getting smarter each year. Avoiding us hunters and other predators if they chose to do so."Ferrin sighed as Ellwyn lifted her head to speak and found something unfortunate.

"Its... Gone."Ellwyn exclaimed. Ferrin turned in a bewildered state. And was flabbergasted that the faun had left so soon."Oh, well. Erm. Maybe we should follow?" "We'll possibly reach it before noon if it hadn't gotten far already. For sure, those animals can run quite fast."Ellwyn nodded. As she departed from the "circle," by stepping aback and sighing heavily and lightly cleared her throat.

She was in a state of manor that made her look upset. But, she had that countenance across her face that always showed mischief or a "thinking" state. Ferrin was curious to what she was thinking. "Splitting up would be good, but. That wouldn't work. Ferrin, I guess we can do your plan. Follow the faun. Hopefully we'll catch it, or something worth of value and if we can't. Then we'll look for something else and head back to Syliras before noon strikes and we could manage lunch."The two headed towards the trail that was left behind from the faun.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

To Knock on Wood

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 27th, 2016, 3:20 am

A few playful winds here and there tugged at Ferrins cloak like an annoyed kid who just had their treat taken away from them. Ferrin sighed. And Ellwyn Dove deep in silence, and the male wondered what she was thinking of as the two trailed behind the path that was left by the faun which escaped the sight of the two. Ellwyn didn't hear. Fortunately. Or else she might've and had chosen to abide the action taken by the man.

Ferrin took in the somewhat intriguing view of his surroundings. A line of trees, which the Kenashian hadn't known the names of over layered the grass and soil as they stood mocking the man in search of his prey. Despairingly, he looked at what was supposed to be the faces of each and every specific tree. The Kenashian, imagined the different looks that each and every other tree would have had given if it was able to muster any face at all.

He took the image of a thing tree, that boar a root as large as a fox. He pretended that the tree gave loose a smirk, right at the middle of the previous canker that was left by the weather that struck once in awhile. A smirk that showed disgust and anger. The eyes that were planted upon the tree expressed a more menacing gaze as if saying. "You'll never find that faun. And if you ever do, you won't be able to kill it." It mocked him, like a drunken commoner who had no clue of what to taunt Ferrin of.

A thought, slowly poured in the Kenashians mind like sap sticking to the very tree. Fauns, deers. There coming out more now. Though, it must be the end of the season soon. That must be the reason to why those beautiful loving creatures had come out to graze. It's getting warmer. But, not by much it seems.

Ellwyn seemed to have found something as she grapped the ruff of his collar that was closest to his shoulder."Get low. We don't want to scare it off again. Get behind one of those trees. At least it would give us some advantage."Ellwyn whispered.

Ferrin took the advice. And he flipped the switch from stealth mode "off" to "on." And went down low into a crouching position. And Ellwyn released her grip and did the same. With her shortbow in her opposite hand.

The two hid behind different trees. And Ferrin peered outbfrom behind the tree that he crouched from. The faun, was purely gorgeous almost like a box of jewelry. The faun tilted its head at an angle with one of its ears twitching as well. Ferrin withdrew an arrow to knock it into his bow.

Preparation took only a few ticks to get the bow and arrow aimed at the creature. The creature that strikingly held such beauty and slight formality. Ferrin, the Kenashian, pulled the arrow back that rested on the string of the longbow. He inhaled slowly. His heart merely paced a beat faster as he longed for the temptation to shoot the animal. The hunter, released his grip up on the arrow. And breathed out with the same momentum. Swoosh. The arrow zoomed through the clearing and... Thwack. Smacked the young deer almost as if it were a fallen boulder.

The sounding cry that it made pierced through Ferrins ears like sound, when traveled through steel. The ringing, didn't bother Ferrin as much as it did Ellwyn. She hadn't fancied the killing portions of hunting. And found it odd it could be considered as a "common" sport. Though, hunting is a necessary part in life and death. Without a moderately decent storage of food, one could starve. And with starvation comes death. And death becomes immense.

"I guess we had taken care of that faun, now Ellwyn. Bring it back eh?"And with that, Ferrin could feel the tension break, that was once carried by the mocking faces of the trees as he spoke. The man just smiled and headed towards the deer to bring it back to Syliras. Where his home was there now. His home. Syliras.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes