PM to join Getting The Hook Up. (Firenze)

A calm lull in teh days and Alex heads to the docks and he's met with a recently met familiar face.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Getting The Hook Up. (Firenze)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 9th, 2016, 8:51 pm

48th Winter 515 AV

09:02

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

An early morning, and early start. Alex rose from the depth of slumber, feeling refreshed and fulfilled. He’d had a good night’s rest and knew that today he had the day free to do what he wanted. Normally he’d spend it off milling about the city. Today he fancied a wander down to the docks. Not donning his armour for a change he still wore the lighter leather armour and the harness with all the blades he normally wore strapped across him. Scimitars, bastard sword, dagger, great sword, bow, quiver, hidden throwing daggers. The full array of weaponry. And the ting he never forgot, ever. The loop of sigils around his neck. Saying a small prayer to each of the deities on the loop he exited the barracks. The first thing that hit him was the stinging light. Blinking hard the glare of syna off of the snow blinding. A few moments of pause followed by a head shake and he was adjusted.

A short walk from the barracks and he was dockside, the fresh sea air filling his lungs and brightening him up. Despite the cold and the occasional spray of freezing water. It was still a sight. The now capped buildings crossed with the azure blue of the sea made for a contrast. He smiled and leant on one of the railings at the edge of the docks looking out over the ocean. He paused a moment remembering the three cities along the coast that he’d spent some time in. The vast expanse of blue stretching far beyond the horizon. Yet here though it felt smaller tighter, as the land around began to ring it slightly looking out into the distance. A sense of calm over him the first tiem in days his mind wasn’t filled with screams or hustle or hassle. Tranquillity. He closed his eyes and just listened to the soft ocean breeze around him.

Then from the quiet he heard the wooden docks creaking from behind. Someone was approaching him. Someone wanted his attention, too heavy in footstep to be Cor or Hwyn, but too light to be Garland or Greyheart. He turned around suddenly His hands still holding onto the rail as he peered out from beneath his hood, the bright green jade of his eyes shining from the darkness. Blonde hair filled his gaze. He recognized her.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Firenze on February 10th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Wrapping her cloak around shoulders tighter she closed the heavy wooden door behind her. Her hair and body was clean and warm but her belly had started to growl. The food that was in the apartment was rotted and spoiling, she was not even going to try to eat it. Hunting in the winter was doable but it would take her into an area she was unfamiliar with and her sore body was protesting against movement.

She made her way toward the training grounds that she had been at the day before, her feet shuffling along the path. Alexander had informed her to meet him by the docks, the opposite direction of the training grounds.

A strong wind whipped off the water and pulled at her locks. His back was to her as she approached, her boots clipping on the worn wood, snow crunching underfoot. She watched him turn, his eye meeting hers as she approached. The corner of her mouth turned up and she gave a small wave in greeting.

It felt almost as though she were beginning all over again. Her life seemed to keep restarting and she couldn’t seemed to figure out how to get a foothold and remain in one place. This time she hoped that it would be different, despite the rather terrible start. She currently had a place to stay but worried that it might not be long if she couldn’t pay for the expenses. Alex had kindly offered to show her around the city since she was new. It was last night while resting and watching the fire pop and crackle in the hearth that she decided to take the kind gesture and use it as a means to find employment while she was here.

“Hello!” She called out to him, the wind whipping the words from her mouth. Holding the hood down with one hand she came to his side. Gazing out over the water, the waves lapping viciously at the wooden supports. “Reminds me of Zeltiva,” her words were of a whisper as she reminisced of the city that she’d felt so close to. Had so many good memories in. Had friends in.

With a soft sigh she turned and looked back toward the weapon ladened man. “So what shall we begin with first?”

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 10th, 2016, 5:04 pm

Secret :
Alex’s food gratis via squire privileges, Fire’s meal – 1GM, two mugs of beer 1SM

Alex caught sight of the blond hair whipping about beneath the hood. A smile resting on her features. He hadn’t expected her to actually turn up, he’d offered the meeting in a passing gesture almost certain that she’d turn it down. But then again he’d wanted to head to the docks away today and was now glad he had. Alex returned the smile, an easy honesty to it, and a genuine surprise there. “Nice to see you Firenze.” She approached him to his left and leant out over the rails. A similar statement flowed from her to what he’d thought. “It does. I take it you’ve been there before then?” An honest enough question to once again break the ice of the cold morning.

Where should the head off too? Seemingly to answer her own question her stomach growled. Alex couldn’t help himself and a small chuckle escaped him. “I think I know where were headed first.” He turned to walk further into the docks. His destination was the broken casket. A smaller establishment than the rearing stallion but a much nicer one. And better when it came to food. With the stallion being, right out by the main gates it had a higher flow of people through it. The casket however had a smaller flow of people and mostly sailors, meaning that it was better quality food and service. Given the time of day and the growl he knew breakfast was being served.

Alex walked up and held open the door for her. “After you.” Following her in, he spoke to Mortimer, a kinder fellow and ordered a round of the breakfast. Which today was simply fried eggs and a lightly fried fish. White flesh but he was unsure as to what. He spent a few moments there allowing Fire to find a seat. He’d get his as usual gratis for being a knight however he’d pay for Fire’s meal. Walking back he carried two mugs of kelp beer. “Well after we've eaten, we’ll get to seeing about the city.” He set down the mugs taking a seat opposite her.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on February 10th, 2016, 6:52 pm

“I used to live there,” her reply came after having turned to face him, the wind pushing at her back now. Slipping her arm through his, fingers brushed against the leather armor he adorned. Glancing over at all the weapons that adorned his body her stomach gave a loud rumble. Already pink cheeks flushed deeper, hoping that Alex hadn’t noticed. Embarrassingly for her, he had as she her a chuckle come from him, the vibrations felt in her arm that was closest to his chest.

He made note that he knew where they should go so she let him lead the way, as he would be her guide for the day of the city. They made a short walk near a place that seemed to be an inn and arrived to an establishment with a sign ‘The Broken Casket’. A little unsure of the name as it seemed to be rather alarming. He held the door for her and she walked through into a warm cozy environment, quite the opposite of what she expected.

An elderly gentleman approached and Alex spoke with him ordering breakfast for the two of them. It surprised her that an establishment with such a name would be a place to eat. It caused her to pause with question at how the food would taste. Previous experience in Sunberth causing hesitation. He handed the man some coin and she felt ashamed that she couldn’t pay for her own meal, but she kept her mouth shut not wanting to let him on to the fact that she was quite mizaless.

Moving through the seating area she found a place at the back of the room, a preferred spot for her to give the most advantageous view. She sat in the seat that was closest to the wall. “Thank you for buying my breakfast, you didn’t really have to,” ringing her hands together under the table she looked down, slightly ashamed.

Mugs of beer were placed on the table and assuming one was for her she reached a hand over the scarred wood and scooted it closer. Golden orbs watched the squire take the seat opposite her and comment on how they could continue their tour after the meal. She tried to search for words to show her gratitude as her stomach rumbled again at the smell of the food.

Once the server arrived with the food, she was again surprised to find a white fish and eggs on the plate. A smile crept over her lips while she watched the person set the plates onto the table. She glanced up to Alex, “this looks really good! I think this was a great idea. Thank you again for bringing me.” Grabbing her fork she dug into the runny egg top, popping the yolk and watching the goo run all over the metal and fish. Her mouth watered before she could taste the first bite.

As she ate she questioned the man across from her, curious to understand what kind of person helps out a stranger, “so what do you like to do? Have you been here long? It sounded as though you’d been to Zeltiva before, have you?” She bombarded him with questions, hoping that he wouldn’t find her impolite as she helped herself to the breakfast, quickly shoveling it into her mouth to fill the emptiness in her belly.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 10th, 2016, 7:12 pm

The looping of her arm through his as they walked was something that…Rattled him. Contact with another person was…Strange too him. The simple action made him uneasy, the people he’d been around and the things he’d seen, he didn’t know why anyone would want to be around him. Still though he played the gentleman trying his best not to act uncomfortable. As she sat down and he followed suit soon a pair of plates were brought over. Simple food but then again he didn’t like the fancy stuff. The words of thanks flowed from her, he could still see a glimpse of something there. Unsure as to what exactly it was he gave a simple nod.

“Don’t mention it. What kind of person would I be if I invited someone to spend their time with me and didn’t show some gratitude in return? Please eat up.” A small gesture of his arm and before he’d even managed to finish she’d complimented the food and begun to dig in. He started to eat as well only to pause as she bombarded him with a slew of questions. Coughing a little as the speed of the rapid fire hit him he swallowed and responded in kind. Slowly and softly as was his tone. “What I like to do? Not really sure. I’m often found practicing or learning. If that counts. I’ve been in Syliras for little over a year now. It’s pleasant place and I’ve been a squire for just about a season. So I’m a fairly fresh face here.” He smiled taking another bite before returning the last question. “As for being in Zeltiva I spent a year there, mostly with my nose in a book when I wasn’t working at hunting or helping my father out.”

A look of anger and sorrow crossed his face. “I miss being along the open sea not the…closed inland one. There’s a different smell in the air here.” He glanced down at the food picking through it and washing it down with the strong beer. The first he’d tasted was the stuff he was drinking now. Smooth and refreshing with an earthiness to it. “Permit me if you will.” He started as he put the mug back down. “But where do you work in the city? I haven’t really seen you around the place that much?” His words were out of genuine curiosity. If she didn’t work perhaps he could help her find somewhere to work.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on February 11th, 2016, 12:29 am

He’d made a rhetorical question of what kind of person he would be but she didn’t know. Having only met him the day before. One thing she had become aware of though was that the squires and knights of Syliras had honor. That was something that was very uncommon for her and which she had a huge appreciation. It was vastly different than those in Sunberth. It was reminisce of the Wave Guards in Zeltiva. That had been one of the reasons she’d liked the previous city so much, the unspoken security. Although he may be a complete stranger that quiet undertone of loyalty and honor came off of him and it wasn’t unnoticed by her. It had been the same for the calm quiet squire and the rather boisterous little squire from the day prior. The thoughts turned the corner of her mouth up as she sank her teeth into the meat of the fish.

He spoke of only being here for a short time, not having been a squire long and the time he spent in Zeltiva. “I like to hunt as well,” she commented after he’d made mention. Nodding her head in agreeance with the comment of the different smell of the water. It was different. Not as salty and the feel, there was something she couldn’t explain, but it was different. Picking up her mug she followed his lead, taking a gulp of the beer. The freshness of the kelp washing over her tongue, cleansing her palette. She’d never understand how one could not enjoy the salty sea like flavors.

The click of his mug on the table gave way to a question for her. One that she was a little reluctant and embarrassed to answer. He’d shared and answered her question however and thought it more polite to return the favor and answer his. “I haven’t been… available long enough to look for one just yet. So… I don’t exactly have one. But I do plan on getting one as soon as I can…” clearing her throat she continued, “I’m just not sure my...erm.. talents would be useful here.”

Shifting in her seat she took another drink of her beer and looked around the small eating area. Glancing back she added, “but perhaps while you show me around I could find something else that I might be able to do.” She gave a smile. While they spoke the server picked up the empty plates and then returned with a second smaller plate. This one had a fluffy breaded pastry that appeared to have a jellied center. She’d had sweets before at a birthday party but she’d not had anything like this. Taking a small bite from the corner her eyes rolled back, lids sliding closed as a small groan came from her throat. This was heaven.

Months of eating gruel and nameless grey slop to fresh eggs, white fish and the nameless fluffy little pastry. It was more than she could ask for. “This is so delicious, you have to try it,” the corner of her mouth tipped up, speaking around the food she was trying to chew as slow as possible to try and enjoy every moment.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 11th, 2016, 12:51 am

Alex carved the fish on the plate into three chunks and devoured them piece by piece. So she was a hunter too? Probably not too familiar with the grounds around Syliras, as her response to his question about how she was employed revealed. He paused a moment lifting his right arm to the loop of sigils around his neck he pulled on the symbols of eyris and priskil. For guidance and clarity. “Well then Firenze, perhaps we’d best spend a chunk of today figuring out what exactly you could do for coin?” A small smile across his features, then a thought crossed his mind. Her talents? “Forgive me Fire but what do you mean by your “talents” would be useful? Any talent is useful anywhere.” And honesty too him that seemed more open than it possibly should have been. He was fishing for something. Something to help her find work, but he was doing it in the most open and honest way possible.

He lifted the last of the fish devouring it as the plates were retracted and another smaller one brought to the table. He in the mean-time took a long drink of the beer mirroring her. Something else she could do? What exactly was this “talent” of hers she was not sure of? “Perhaps we’ll find you something. For now enjoy.” He smiled and took another drink, as she groaned at the pastry he almost choked on his drink. Not expecting the sudden sound. Peering over the rim at her he could see the small pastry in her hands. So that was what was doing it. Alex put the mug down slicing his own in half. In two bites he’d devoured the whole thing. He wasn’t one for sweets, much preferring the saltier items. Another swig of the beer and his mug was empty. Leaning back into his char but sitting upright he pondered over what she could perhaps do. “Well, there’s the option of becoming a waitress here, people are always looking for help, although the sailors do tend to get a little rowdy past the twentieth bell.”

He lifted his left hand to his chin in thought as his right fumbled with the icons. Granting her time to enjoy herself he pondered. There were three places he knew of that could use a hand. Here, the rearing stallion and the heralds arms… One of which was a seedier place he’d hoped he wouldn’t have to go again. But needs must. The alternative was if she had a trade she could perhaps leverage that. Still right now he had little to go on. “Perhaps Firenze, the best alternatives would be to see if you’ve a trade to ply, the ironworks could be good. Also the soothing waters are always welcoming to healers and those of a light touch. Still it’d be best to just have a wander around and see if anywhere takes your fancy.” He smirked and nodded at the same time thrumming his fingers across the table in order.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on February 11th, 2016, 2:58 am

He suggested spending the day looking for a place to find employment for her. It was very kind of him to show her around, then he bought her breakfast and then he was going to help her find work. She paused for a moment wondering why he was being so kind to her. It was very different from the time that she’d spent in Sunberth. There had been nice people in Zeltiva but she felt like that she was putting him out with helping her so much.

Then he asked what her talents were and she gave pause for a moment. Eyes roved to where his fingers played with a charm around his neck. She’d never really given thought to it before but then she was in a new city and she wasn’t sure how they would react to her line of work. Mentally shrugging she decided to just handle it how she normally would in Zeltiva.

“I’m an Escort. I provide services to men… and some women, if they choose. Sometimes I do bathing or massages but mostly I keep them company and if they want to have a little fun then I can provide that as well.” She kept her eyes on him, a sincere look on her face. “I’ve done quite a bit of hunting but I don’t know how beneficial that would be at this time of year and I’m not very familiar with the area.”

He mentioned becoming a server at the establishment that they were in. She’d never held a job like that before, but she wouldn’t complain at this point as long as it brought some income her way. “I suppose I could serve. That’s what I did for the men… just in a different way I suppose,” she took a swig of her beer, then checking to see how much she had left in the bottom. Looking back over to him, “I really am glad that you’re helping me out, I don’t know anyone around here and I’m not sure what I would’ve done.”

She wondered for a moment how much serving people could pay and how long it would take for her to save up so that she could return back to Zeltiva to look for her mother. She was sure that the two of them wouldn’t be traveling during the winter months. It was already treacherous without all the snow and blowing cold to hinder. On top of that her grandmother was getting older and it would be more difficult to travel.

Finishing up her pastry she licked her fingertip and began to touch up the crumbs that were littered on her plate, licking them off and then picking more up. She glanced over as he tapped his fingers on the top and offered suggestions to her. “I think that sounds great. I know I’m not the greatest at giving massages but perhaps the might let me on for a smaller price or something,” she pondered over the other option. “I’m better with things that are more physical though as I never really learned to read or write,” her finger stopped halfway to her mouth as she realized what she’d blurted out. She’d never flat out told that to anyone before.

The server came and took their plates away and she downed the rest over her drink. Standing she pulled the cloak from the back of her chair and wrapped it around her shoulders. Tightening the string around her neck and tossing the hood over her head. “Shall we?”

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 11th, 2016, 3:30 am

He’d continued in his usual manner not expecting that big of a reveal as to what her talents were. But she chose the exact moment he lifted his cup to his lips and started drinking to tell him she was an escort. He damned near spit out the ale then and there in a fine spray. Well…That was unexpected… He turned his eyes back over to her it was no hidden think that she was an attractive and vibrant young woman yet somehow it seemed a little off that someone who seemed so…Vibrant as her would have chosen that line of work. He returned her sincere look with one of surprise and mild shock but it wasn’t judgemental simply surprised. “Well Firenze I never would have thought you one in that line of work. Things never cease to amaze me…” he trailed off thumbing the sigils at his neck again. Only then did he catch her eyes on the loop of sigils. He smirked.

“Don’t worry about these they’re simply the gods that I believe are watching over me.” An honest look of calm washed over him as he toyed with the symbol of Priskil. She ran with one of his ideas coupling it back to her other talents. Which now he knew fully what they were perhaps the “herald’s arms” wouldn’t be that strange. A word of sincere thanks followed suit he nodded lightly. “Don’t mention it. It’s something that I do because I believe in the best in people. And I try to restore hope to those who look like they may have lost it.” A moment of silence passed between them as he watched her licking her fingertips. Perhaps she really needed the meal? Still she said that she preferred physical jobs, mostly as she never learnt to read or write?

A look of sincere pause fell over him. She’d never learned to read or write? “Well the Soothing waters normally operates on a tips basis so the better you are, the more you earn. Or the better liked you are. And given what I’ve learnt, you’re an amiable woman with a somewhat positive outlook. At the very least we can try.” He rose in tandem with her allowing he the first motion as the plates were taken away. “Do lets.” He smirked and allowed her out first following shortly after. The walk to the soothing waters would lead them past a few other places along the way.

“Well if you’re more physically minded then it would be best to stick to somewhere like the warehouse district or even the traveller’s row. Then again the soothing waters might be right up your alley. But if you’re staying in the city a while and if you’d like I could teach you how to read and write? If you’d like of course." He smiled and took a small stride ahead now leading the way. He was leading her on a cut through of the central road straight into the traveller’s row, the narrowly knit line of houses and taverns. “Here is normally a good place to find work should you need it. If you decide to go out hunting the bazaar is to the right and often will give a good deal for meat and other things you might harvest. The Heralds arms, and the rearing stallion are two places for both lodging and bars however the herald’s arms does offer…Work as a companion of sorts, should you wish to do what you used too.” And honesty in his voice but a piece of him held out a hope she wouldn’t go back to that.

Something told him she had too much life in her to turn to that line of work. It was why he’d offered to teach her, because then she could perhaps find work as something that didn’t rely on her looks and wasn’t so dangerous. "And onwards from here after we’ve asked around is the soothing waters…I recall having a conversation of dubious nature there…Story for another time.” He smirked a little nothing roguish, but instead something more of a concern.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on February 11th, 2016, 4:28 am

As they walked she asked of the sigils that he’d mentioned, “So what Gods do you follow? I don’t really know of many Gods. I did have a friend that followed Priskil though, do you know of that one?” Fingers tightened on the fabric wrapped around her in a tug of war against the whipping winds as the door opened. Cool air hit her flushed cheeks, her belly full and happy. He’d mentioned a location that her ears had perked up at, stating that it’s pay was based on skill so they might be willing to take her on. “The Soothing Waters? Is that the bathhouse? I went to a bathhouse last night and it was pretty nice there.”

His stride put him a little more in front and it appeared as though he were taking the lead. A little relief came as she wasn’t exactly sure where she was going. Eyes scanned the buildings as they made their way toward one of the districts. More shops appeared and she assumed it was a market of some sort. He pointed out a shop and said that it would be a good place to ld, the sign hanging over the door noted it was the ‘The Hearlds Arms’ and another one said ‘The Rearing Stallion’. He told her they were both places that she could serve at just like the Broken Casket, but that the Hearlds Arms she could become an escort again if she wanted.

It was good to know incase she got to a point where no one would hire her and she was in desperate need of coin. However, the other positions seemed like it might pay more and help her to get out of the city quicker. They made their way toward the first place, the Rearing Stallion and this time she stepped forward and grabbed the door for him.

Entering the building she moved over toward the bar and approached an older man who was wiping down the wooden top. Glancing over she noticed a very large hearth with a fire burning inside. It was probably by far the largest one she’d ever seen and the warmth from it could be felt even where she was standing. Her eyes went back to the man with a glance to Alex and back.

A smile graced her lips as she cleared her throat, “Excuse me, do you possibly have a job here?” She waited hoping that they might. The man glanced over in her direction, “Come back later when the missus comes in and talk to her.” She felt a little deflated and turned away with a “Thank you” to the man. He hadn’t said a flat no so she tried to take it as a good sign.

Turning to Alex, “Well, that wasn’t a no I suppose, let’s try the next place?”

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next