PM to join [Anthonious Fighter's Pit]Wood to Steel(Ferrin)

Ferrin and Draven meet in the fighter's pit, what else is there to do?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonious Fighter's Pit]Wood to Steel(Ferrin)

Postby Draven McNiel on March 5th, 2016, 11:28 am

Late Morning, 5th day of Spring, 516 AV

Draven sighed and rubbed the side of his arm uncomfortably, he had his wooden sword strapped around his back, both harness and ornate handle were of the same colour. There was a part of him that wanted to find out just how he could train to use this sword in actual combat, and not have to switch to the metal one. He wished to avoid conflict, but knew that it would happen eventually, and not all the people he will fight will be what he accounts to as trash, so was there a way he could fight with a sword without killing? ”Guess that’s why I’m here huh?” He said to himself as he looked around the walls of the fighter’s pit.

Draven looked at the rack of weapons and shook his head, choosing to unsheath his wooden sword instead. He looked at his wooden sword, already it held a number of bumps and cuts, but it wasn’t the sword that mattered he reminded himself, it was the teachings that connected him with his father. He gripped his sword tightly before he thrust it outward, pulling the handle toward his chest, he slid his right foot forward and then like a spring he released allowing for a powerful thrust. He slid that same leg to the right side and followed with his upper body going for a right swing. He then slid his left foot ahead of his right one, however his upper body was already leaning to the right and thus all he needed to do was turn it in the opposite direction.

”Upward.” He bent his knees for an instant and then unbent them slashing upward, and then hopped to the side dodging an invisible thrust. He mentally imagined an opponent, however Draven couldn’t feel intent from a mental construct such as this one, he’d need someone to actually fight him.
Draven McNiel
Player

Words: 79666
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2015, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 7th, 2016, 2:28 am

Timestamp

Ferrin knew that once his Knight had given him the few days off, he would have to have grown someone adapt to the armor. The metal weighed on the man with a weight that felt immeasurable. Still, he had only worn it for a bell or so since he had put it on. The winds picked up lightly as Spring was soon to come back.

The man picked up a dull blade from the Grounds and figured that it would do him good since it had been more in tact then the other ones here at the Pits. The Grounds was busy as usual and he figured that Ferrin could eventually meet and duel some more interesting people while he was at it.

He took his advantages at a dummy. He knew his lack of offensive tactics were discouraging. And he needed to work better with getting used to the armor. This time, if he had ever faced somoen he was ready with his helmet. No exposed areas for a simple loss.

He stood face to face with the dummy. Eyeing it with sharpened blue eyes and a visage of malice. He engaged the start of an invisible combat with his usual battle stance. The hilt held with his right hand. Ferrins right foot piveted in front and his left at the side. Thrust. A simple stroke. Implemented towards the stomach. There was an imaginable parry as Ferrin grunted with disgust. He dodged the adversary's strike; a swipe aimed for his head. Ferrin shifted over to his right and attempted a swing as his sweaty hands gripped the leathery hilt.

The blade cut deep into the dummy with a large amount of haste and disgust. The man cursed as he imagined the look on his patrons face. A smirk of knowing aversion. He looked at his side. Another man was training as well. With a calmed demenur, Ferrin looked at the man beside him."Sorry. If you don't mind me asking. Do you want to have a duel, you and me. Training on dummies is far less interesting and fun then real opponents if you know what I mean?" Ferrin asked with a soothing smile. The Kenashian pulled out the blade with it revealing the ripples and and pieces of wood chipping away. He sheathed the sword back into its proper fitted sheath. And waited for the man to reply.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Draven McNiel on March 7th, 2016, 5:09 am

Draven tried to spin the longsword in his hand, the wooden instrument wouldn’t move around in his hand as he had hoped and ended up flipping upward and hitting him on top of the head as descended. He flinched and rubbed the top of his head, embarrassed about the mishap he looked around hoping nobody saw him, however he knew better in such a popular place for those more martially inclined. A couple guys on the other side had seen him during their grappling match and laughed at him causing him to rub the back of his head sheepishly as he turned away.

However he could hear someone talk to him, and turned to see a rather tall male with a broadly build approach him, the man’s curly black hair grabbed Draven’s attention for a second before he began to hear him out. ”Eh, I’ve got no qualms with that, training with a guy in armour should be good practice and yeah it is a lot more fun to fight with a person.” Draven’s said with a grin on his face, finding a training partner was just what he was about to do, maybe this was a message from the god of cool? He’d have to look that one up one day. ”So how should we do this, stop just before contact or just a full out spar? I’d personally prefer to stop before contact.” He said as he glanced at the suit of armour, yeah Draven would definitely come out worse than his sparring partner.

Draven looked down at his wooden sword and wondered just how it would come out from this spar, would it be broken just like that training dummy, or would it hold up. The wood wasn’t meant for true combat, and he knew that, could he risk breaking the only thing his father had given him. He clicked his teeth, and sighed; he chickened out. Draven considered a token from his father to be more important than training in how to take his opponents out without fatally injuring them. ”I’ll be back in a jiffy, I just gotta grab myself a sword, this wooden thing here will fall apart in a second.”

He jogged to the rack of weapons and then came back just as quickly, with steel sword in hand. Well worn from combat it wouldn’t be the best at cutting however it would still do in this friendly spar. ”Ah shyke, yeah forgot to introduce myself, the name’s Draven.”
Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 7th, 2016, 9:40 pm

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

"Alright. It is definitely a lot more fun then training with an immobilized target for practice. And that wooden toy of yours won't do any good I agree with you fetching a chunk of steel from that rack over there."Ferrin said with a smile as he raised the helmet over his head."I won't mind doing a stop before contact. If that's what your total preference shall be."

Cool playful gusts of winds attacked at Ferrins plated armor. Not very effective though, but it felt nice. Though, it did struck at his face. But, it was a light breeze and it totally felt pleasent against the man's sweating face. He smiled at the thought.

He took his steps towards one of the rings that wasn't occupied by spectators at the moment. Though, there would be a high possibility that at one point that it would always be filled, and rather sooner than later. Ferrin didn't mind the spectators, though he could always attempt to block then out of his view to discourage any less adhesive tension between him and the crowd that would or could formulate.

Ferrin took his usual stance. His right foot piveted in front of him. His left shuffled to the back. And his wielding hand at the ready, with if course his short broadsword at hand. The sword was always held with his right and still is. "Ready when you are?"

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on March 7th, 2016, 10:56 pm

Draven spun the sword in his hand to get a feel for it, it was a longsword just like his own weapon but the weight was slightly different though its uses were bound to be the same. He took a practice swing, and nodded happy of the weight and momentum behind the attack. He was sure that the man in front of him could handle himself. [shadow=purple]”Alright then, first I’ll…”[/color] Draven said as he got into his own stance, his sword held by both hands which were placed in front of his body. He was on the tips of his toes, both feet placed squarely, the right just a little ahead of the left, his body barely turned to his favoured side.

”Alright, here I come.” Draven said as he tensed his muscles for a second ready to throw his first attack. He came in with a swing from below, he bent his knees to lower his body, his center of gravity thus having lowered itself for a second. Draven then came up sliding his right foot forward to add power to his swing, as well as close the distance just a little bit. Should that slip past his opponents guard he’d stop just before contact, however should that be dodged or parried; Draven would step forward with his left leg to deliver a left-right slash sliding his left foot forward.

He would then turn his upper body along with the slash to put every inch of force his body was capable of producing into the attack. Should that slip past the opponent's guard he would stop just before contact, however if it didn’t and was avoided or parried he would aim to return with the same slash, however faster by putting less power into it. If a counter attack followed the parries or dodged however Draven would be forced to stop his counter attacking.
Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 8th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Timestamp

Alright. It's a Longsword. Not the only one I've dueled before.Ferrin thought to himself as he twirled his blade within his right hand. Still, a bit skiddish he was at handling the very blade, but he was moderate enough with the chunk of steel that he could manage a few blocks here and there. And of course the armour was something that would be needed to get used to. And Ferrin knew that it wouldn't do him good to not wear the plated mass. Though, he highly preferred the leather armour then the metal.

It would always allow him to move with swift steps. And it was tons lighter then the chunk of steel swathed over his waist and back. It weighed on him like a large stone. One, that would be measured heavier than a usual stone.

The man named Draven took the first advantage. Came about with a low swipe below Ferrins waist. Ferrin mustered a parry with his blade pointed down and the two swords clinked against steel and steel. The man stepped back and shuffled his feet to gain more of a gravitational pull one that would allow his swing to engage with more power. He slid his right foot over and took his right hand with the blade swiping it at Ferrins side. Clink. Another parry

Draven moved his left foot about and went down on a vertical slash with his left foot that glided forward across the dirt. Dodge. The armor on Ferrins abode grew tight with the sweat, but Ferrins endurance is not so much as over, yet. It was his advantage now. With a thrust Ferrin shoved his blade towards Draven if he so managed to fail the parry Ferrin would stop. But, he took his right foot and slid it forward and his left shuffled behind. If that so whoever failed; Ferrin would then draw back and slide his right foot horizontally and swipe. If that failed however, the Kenashian would thrust again. And counter attack with an opposite side swipe. Towards Dravens left.

Credits go to Aislyn

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on March 9th, 2016, 6:32 am

Draven took a deep breath and breathed out just as hard; the young man would need all the air he could get to fuel his muscles. The man in front of him had managed to avoid all of his attacks, something that the young male had somewhat grown impressed with; this man even in that thick suit of armour was not only keeping u-. The second that he began to think as such, a thrust came his way right after his last counter-attack was dodged. He saw the thrust coming at him and without thinking reacted, he didn’t need to move his whole body as he bent his knees and moved his waist while using his right hand to grip his sword and swing from right to left in a means to parry the attack.

Draven however had little room to fully breath as just after he deflected he found himself on the receiving end once more. A swipe came his way however he was prepared as he swung his sword to meet the blow and deflect it so that he could take a step backward and increase his breathing room somewhat. However just as he thought that a thrust came at him, the man had no choice but to drop onto his back to dodge the attack already being out of balance and rolled onto the floor to quickly get up on one knee to block the swipe toward his left side, he held the sword by the handle with his right and then used his left to support the blade in this block.

He felt his arm rattle a little at the block, but straight away he slid his supporting right leg forward and moved his weight to it to stand up, also using that moment to put force into an upward thrust which Draven expected to be dodged or blocked as it was just to create space. However if it wasn’t so, the man would stop just before contact. He breathed a little hard, full well knowing he didn’t hold much stamina but he didn’t want to bow out this early.

The young man if his earlier attacked was blocked or dodged would come back with another suppressive thrust adding up to a trio of attacks should they be blocked without a counter attack. Gripping the handle with both hands, he would pull back into his left shoulder and attack first toward the right side with this attack, then the left by pulling it into his left and back to the right again. Should all these be avoided he will finally follow with a quick slash toward his opponent’s right side.
Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 9th, 2016, 11:02 pm

Timestamp: Day, Season, Year

|| "Common" || Thoughts || "Pavi" || "Tukant" || "Other's Speaking" ||

With the thrusts and parrying. Ferrin grew slightly agitated and sweat trickled down the back of his neck. A few horses breaths had been released as Ferrin withdrew his sword away from the man before him who imposed a few counter attacks. Which agitated Ferrin a bit more slightly.

Winds kicked up with a slow pace and drifts of dirt had been kicked up from the shuffling of feet and strides of attacks. Draven, used a lot of motion to avoid the attacks that the Kenashian had implored. To keep balance was the key for not tumbling over. And to not tumble over was to keep a good keen perspective on things around you and possibly score an advantage while one was at it. Though, Ferrin would attempt to keep his endurance up long enough and end Dravens counter attacks.

Dravens first attempt was to engage with an upward thrust as he accompanied it with other movements. Ferrin managed a parry just before the tip of Dravens blade were to reach the armor. Without a second thought, Draven included another thrust, and Ferrin attempted a Dodge his armour clinked as he moved and Ferrin stepped behind his usual breathing techniques. With another breath that came and went, Draven thrusts again. And Ferrins strength was not yet defeated. For he managed a parry, another close attack this one was as well.

With Ferrins first and foremost movement, he would shuffle around Dravens side where the man was not holding the sword. With a few heavy breaths throughout the attempt to thrust the blade, Ferrin directed the sword to aim for the chest; but for he if the blade would succeded with the strike he would of course withdraw the blade away from Draven. If that was so ever to fail, Ferrin would bend his knees and grip the handle with both of his hands and swipe the blade towards Dravens neck, but to only an extent to stop before it. And if that was to fail Ferrin would use up the last of his stamina to thrust again towards Dravens upper chest. If so Draven would sustain his very own stamina Ferrin would simply allow the blade to stop before him.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on March 13th, 2016, 2:10 am

Draven felt his forearms jar as each one of his thrusts was parried, his body struggling to get into the next attack. However the counterattack followed before Draven could even attack back, just getting his sword close to his body in time to see the other swordsman shuffle around him, the young man saw a thrust come toward his chest, he stepped back and put his sword in front of the targeted area to block it causing him to take another step back; Draven was breathing heavier now, the strain of the high-pressure exchange getting to him.

The block turned against him as he found a slash heading toward his neck. Draven had to use both hands to block the move, one hand on the handle and the other on the back of the blade to block it. There was one more step taken back, Draven was breathing even heavier than before. The man barely registered the last thrust toward his chest as he was struggling to keep his balance,going instead for a counterattack.

However the counterattack never came as Draven stopped his attack as soon as it got started. Turned out he had lost the spar as he eyed the sword just a short bit away from his chest, the mercenary’s sword way to the side it was obvious who had won. ”Ah looks like you got this one buddy, my loss. Damn that took a lot outta me…” He said as he let himself drop to his butt. Draven took a number of deep breaths finding his mental facilities were coming back to him. ”Even in that suit you move pretty well buddy, how about we take a break for now though.” Draven rubbed right forearm, the sword he was holding clattered to the floor. Those blocks were straining showing Draven’s lack of finesse with his defensive sword play.
Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 13th, 2016, 4:50 am

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

Ferrin almost fell to his chest if it weren't for his strength to not give out on him so quickly. So badly, he wanted to strip off the armor and let loose his other clothing beneath. Which is now possibly swathed with sweat and somewhat blinding odor. He knelt to the ground as if he were preparing for a prayer. But, only to rest his knees that were soon to buckle upon him and wobble and soon confide in him to have the man tremble and fall, possibly even face first. Who knows the outcome. Ferrin quickly relinquished the helmet that he had worn over his head and merely dropped it on top of the dirt floor.

The metal piece of armor had kicked up soil and dirt and dispersed a few patricales of dust here and there. Ferrin took a breath and heaved a bit as if he were about to die without any air. He needed to recooperate and he needed to get something to drink. Plus, he'll need to be cleaned as well. The Soothing Waters. Though pubicly used, but Ferrin won't mind at all. "Yes... We... Do... Take... Break "Ferrin replied with rasped breaths as his chest heaved up and down in slow repetition.

He smiled wearly at Draven still encased with exhaustion and he now had sustained a position with sitting on his rear angling his legs to create a disformed cross. Since his plate armor restricted the levels of movement he can't really do much. Draven had said something about his movement speed. More of a compliment, was it? " Oh... I thank... You " Ferrin said with his breathing gaining a bit of a better momentum.

His sword lied on top of the dirtied ground and rested peacefully as if it had done It's job with sheer purity. Alongside the Kenashian it lied, but now without it being in a man's hand it won't do any harm unless some kid attempts to rub the edges of the blade. But, who can say for sure that it would actually happen?

" Perhaps we could talk more over a drink or two... I don't know about you, but I need some refreshing content. And I need to relinquish this armor as well, getting on my nerves a bit." Ferrin said with a soothing smile. He chuckled a bit as he held his helmet from picking it up where it once lied. He still sat in the same position though, he pondered whether or not if he should get up, or if he should rest his legs a bit more."What do you think?"

Credits go to Aislyn

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes