PM to join New Moves for New Times

[Valerius] Combining rapier and dance moves takes time and patience. It may attract a sparing partner

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

New Moves for New Times

Postby Belinda on March 13th, 2016, 3:26 pm

So the facade hid a rather fragile ego. The corner of her smile twitched a little higher on one side as those molten steel grey eyes advanced even as she parried. “Of course I assumed. You answered didn’t you?” The word dangerous evoked another soft sultry chuckle from the lovely throat. Her blade flicked down that would be easy to parry.

The word poor turned those molten grey eyes into cold hard steel eyes in ticks. The blade tip would flick up as her wrist swirled in and she came in real close. The girl purposely locked the cross tines together as she would jerk forward. It was intended to have him close to her face. “Dangerous? " She chuckled in a huff of poison and passionate seduction "I dance on the edge of danger. If you had helped the poor, you wouldn’t be talking to me this way. If you had even thought of the poor, you certainly wouldn’t be looking at me with such disdain as to be hypocrisy. “ Belinda pushed him from her as she twisted her wrist and moved down to unlock the blades and stepped back. Her diction isn't bad and her use of words was not bad either. They could be more polished as the raw talent was there.

Her look was less than amused. “You would certainly understand the poor better then you do now." She huffed another sigh of disbelief that someone like him would even dare to tell such a lie. “I earned my coin to make it here through hard work. “ With a quieter voice as her expression went from intrigued to disdain. She sheathed her weapon.

“I have no further use of fencing with you. “ Her hair was tossed to the side as she sauntered to the side to put her boots on, sitting on a hay bail. Her very body language was dismissive as the mention of poor struck a strong note in her. She had seen what kind of ‘help’ his kind provided to the poor. It often furthered their dependence on said benefactors. Belinda was at once disappointed and greatly annoyed that he played into the typical stereotype of the spoiled rich kid. It was a shame as he was actually not bad looking. He had no heart and no passion, but he was easy on the eyes. Yes, too bad indeed. Her eyes trailed over him up and down as she sighed, moving to her feet to gather her little things.
Belinda
Player

Words: 60966
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2016, 6:29 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

New Moves for New Times

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 15th, 2016, 2:14 pm

“How should I be talking to you then?” he asked and came closer as well, until he was looking directly into her eyes. “Should I be coddling you because you were born poor? Should I pity you? Would you rather have me be a fool that cries whenever he sees a beggar because there is so much injustice in this world? You accuse me of being a hypocrite and a spoiled man that lives off his family’s money, but you are a hypocrite yourself, Miss Lucavis. I am at least aware of who and what I am.”

“And I did at least do something while most of Ravok looked the other way.” He stepped away as well, lowered his blade and finally sheathed it. It was a shame. He could see that she had some potential now, but it would never be realized. Belinda Lucavis was just as stuck in her ways as he was. For a moment he had thought that she was more than what she appeared to be, a lady rather than a tavern wench or a whore, but she was just another one of those people that were probably no worth his time. “Do you envy me, Miss Lucavis? Is that it?” he asked. “Do you secretly wish you had grown up in a family like mine?”

„Neither do I“, he replied as she informed him that she had no further use of fencing with him. While she put on her boots, he made a few steps away from her. He did not leave immediately though, but turned around again and looked at her once more. Why did she anger him so much? Why did she affect him so much? He should not have cared about her at all, so why did he? By Rhysol, he should just be leaving!
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Moves for New Times

Postby Belinda on April 3rd, 2016, 1:56 am

His whole answer and iteration of what he summed up just made her chuckle. His view point of the poor was dim and set by his upbringing. The man’s view of her was dead wrong but then she lead him to these conclusions. Those molten steel grey eyes turned on him again as she stepped closer and closer. The brazen raven beauty stepped into his personal space and was barely an inch away. Her sweat mingled with a spicy exotic scent that wafted up between them. “You fail to understand, Valerius Nitrozian.” She said her name with a little roll of the tongue that hummed with a bit of a vibration as her lips turned to be inches from his cheek.

She stepped in that measly inch or so till her lips was at his ear as with a slight turn of her head those velvet lips brushed against his earlobe. “All men regardless of station have the same basal instinct.” Her voice lowered to that low timbre as that lip brushed from ear to this cheek before ever so slightly stepping back half a step. The woman took her finger slowly to her lips, looked him in the eyes as she kissed that finger. That index finger was kissed, slowly turned and pressed to his own lips. “You are nothing any more special than just another man. For one as educated as you are supposed to be, you certainly let yourself fall into such a trap.” She said to him.

Her hips snapped left then right in a very specific and concentrated movement before she swung it around to dust across his trouse. It was too bad too as he was not bad looking. With a throaty chuckle the seductress turned as her behind also brushed up against him before she just as slowly walked away with a small little dance move. “See you around sweet cheeks. “ The jaunty little flick of her hand proving the dismissive little wave.
Belinda
Player

Words: 60966
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2016, 6:29 pm
Character sheet

New Moves for New Times

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on April 5th, 2016, 12:39 pm

She came closer and closer, but he did not step away. Stepping away would have meant admitting that he had a problem with her, and he had already made enough mistakes during the few brief chimes of their meeting. Even as she was barely an inch away from him, he did not flinch, but met her gaze. Her smell was spicy, exotic, it spoke of hidden promises, promises that he had no interest in.

“I have no interest in understanding this, Miss Lucavis”, he retorted. She was so close to him now that he could almost feel her breath against his skin.

The presence of the raven haired seductress, the brush of those lips against his ear, the way she whispered those words would have been enough to make most men tremble with lust. Another men might have wrapped his arms around her and kissed her right there, no matter how flawed her personality was and no matter how much she had insulted him, but he did no such thing. She got on his nerves, even infuriated him, but he would never do that with her.

“You know nothing about my instincts.” The words came out a bit harsher than he had intended them to be, and he grabbed her hand so that she would not be able to touch him again while he looked firmly into those stormy grey eyes, as if he were challenging her.

You know nothing about what I want.” He didn’t say anything as she walked away, brushing against him as he did so, even though it took all of his self control. She wanted a reaction from him, but he would not give her that satisfaction.

“I doubt it”, he remarked as she spoke her final words and walked away as well. If he only met her again at the end of the world, it would be too soon.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Moves for New Times

Postby Konrad Venger on April 11th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Belinda

XP:
Acrobatics - 2
Dancing - 2
Weapons: Rapier - 4
Observation - 4
Seduction - 2
Tactics - 1
Rhetoric - 1

Lore:
Using your Environment to Train
Limbering up Before Exertion
Seduction: A Sultry Mask
Fencing is a Game of Tells
Tactics: Feints
Observation: Deducing Form
Valerius: Stoic Facade, Fragile Ego

Rewards

XP:
Observation - 3
Socialization - 2
Weapon: Rapier - 2
Tactics - 1
Rhetoric - 3

Lore:
Belinda: Graceful, Elegant, and Improper
Belinda: Too Willful to be a Whore
Tactics: Allowing Your Enemy to Attack First
Stiff People Don't Last Long in a Fight
You Don't Know Me, Belinda

Shared Lore:
Rapier: Beginning Stance
Locking Blades to Bring You Close

Click Me! :
Wow, that was a bit of a scorcher! Nothing like a Toff and a Toerag banging away at each other with words and steel, is there? I liked the progression of this, even though the duel could have been a little longer. There wasn't more than half a dozen strikes from each other you, which was a little short, but the barbs tossed between you MORE than compensated!

Val, aside from little mistakes ("IN a palace", not "INTO") your grammar and spelling was fine-n-dandy, and I liked how you played Val cool and aloof and yet not one-dimensional.

Bel, as usual, your sassiness and casual seduction is always fun to read. I like this character, I really do. Brassy and domineering in a few few females are on this site, in that she uses her wiles without shame and yet tries to match them with a calculating observance. Clearly you have a good knowledge of fencing and dancing, too, and I appreciate you including those details.

However, you do need to step up on a few things. I know that you have an old Word program you have to write with, but when it comes to posting here, you can still clean up grammar and spelling and all that stuff. There are so many mistakes in your work that it detracts from how great the character is and the humorous, salacious story you're telling.

Other than that, rather than say things like "certain locations" and a "slight challenge expression", DEFINE exactly where those locations are, why you're using them, and what that expression looks like. I'm not asking you to drown us in detail, that would just make the thread boring, but clear things up for us. Oh, and even when the other person has zero XP or much lower XP in a skill you're training in, don't just assume you're strike will hit. Leave it vague and future-possible (is that the term?).

Aside from that, I REALLY hope you two crash into each other again. There's enough belligerent sexual tension between you to set fire to Yelloswtone Park.

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4