[The Sanity Center] A Ghostly Arrival (Enit)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Cadence on December 20th, 2010, 11:29 pm

((Continued from Sanity Center thread))

Serenity might have been used to hearing the shrill tinkling of the bell, but she certainly wasn’t used to the hard clanging sound that followed the customary ringing. The woman flung open the door, eyes scanning the cluttered office with practiced accuracy. The bell lay on the floor, still vibrating from its impact with the ground. A few of her papers lay scattered beside it. Serenity could always tell what was out of place in her office. In a cluttered workspace lived a meticulously organized mind. And floating over and around the fallen papers were tendrils of mist. Serenity squinted at the foggy substance. Certainly, this couldn’t be some sort of illusion. No illusion could penetrate the walls of the Sanity Center. Which meant…

Serenity gave a little yelp, her eyebrows climbing to the top of her forehead. The more she focused, the more she could make out the outline of a female figure standing in her office. The Sanity Center didn’t get many visitors of the ghostly persuasion and the few that did visit the house had always managed to startle Serenity. This one was no exception.

“Ah. I-uh… Good day, miss. I am Serenity Berrel,”
she stuttered and almost offered her hand to the ghost. However, she remembered in time that her visitor couldn’t exactly shake hands and let her arm drop limply to her side. After a second of staring blankly at the ghost, she managed to gather herself and regain some remnants of professionalism. She brusquely walked over to the fallen bell and papers, picked them up, and returned them to their place on the desk. Then, she took her seat behind the desk and waved her hand vaguely toward the chair across from her. “You are welcome to sit, if you’d like. As I was saying, I am Serenity Berrel and this is the Sanity Center. Who do I have the pleasure of conversing with? And what make I help you with today?”
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Enit on December 22nd, 2010, 10:16 pm

5th Day of Winter, 210 AV

It was mere seconds after Enit's blunder, that a door to her right, flung open. Revealing a frazzled and at the moment, very confused looking woman. Her sudden appearance surprised Enit as much as Enit had surprised the woman. For a moment an awkward silence hung over them both as they each gathered their bearings.

“Ah. I-uh… Good day, miss. I am Serenity Berrel”

Serenity offered her hand which was received by a blank stare from them both. Enit pressed her lips together forming a tight line across her face, as Serenity's hand fell limp, she felt bad that she couldn't shake it. Serenity proceeded in straightening up the mess on the floor. Enit watched her and thought about attempting to help, before thinking better of it. "What good would it do anyway" she thought, peering at the mounds of paper and clutter.

“You are welcome to sit, if you’d like. As I was saying, I am Serenity Berrel and this is the Sanity Center. Who do I have the pleasure of conversing with? And what may I help you with today?”

Snapping out of her thoughts she simply stared at the woman before registering what had been said. "Oh uhm" Enit blinked to the front of the desk and gave a confused glance at the chair before seating herself. "S-sorry about that, I'm not really good at..well..you know" Enit awkwardly cleared her throat, she felt nervous, talking to a stranger was hard enough but this was just downright uncomfortable. "My name is Enit-Enit Slayne" subconsciously she brushed her hair behind her ears and could swear she was turning red though she knew otherwise. After a tragically long moment of silence Enit finally found her voice again. "Interesting places" she blurted out nervously, though her voice seemed to come from the file cabinet behind the desk and not her mouth, she felt her stomach sink. She then realized she had sunken partially through the chair and quickly situated herself "I uhm, am looking for some places to explore, I don't really need to live anywhere so, something to do with my time would be lovely." Enit smirked, it was the only feature on an otherwise, literally blank face. "Unless you think I should stay here" though after saying it, she realized the idea of being in this cramped office much longer made her want to slip through the cracks in the floor.
Enit
The Lost

Words: 13962
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2010, 4:50 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Cadence on December 23rd, 2010, 10:52 pm

She regarded Enit with slightly widened eyes, trying to focus on what the ghost was saying rather than the simple fact that she was listening to a ghost. “Oh! You wouldn’t want to live here!” Serenity exclaimed, snapping her lips shut immediately after realizing that her words may be interpreted as rude. “Not that you wouldn’t be welcome, of course. It’s just so stuffy in here. Hardly any air gets in through the windows and the floor creaks at night and -.” She cut herself off. “I’m sorry, I’m rambling.”

“If you wish for an interesting place to explore, I would suggest Vernyla’s Emerald Poo. Little is known about it, except that a powerful hypnotist had once drowned in it and from then on, people have been seeing strange images at the bottom of the pond. It’s a beautiful place – filled with the most fascinating plants I’ve ever seen. Some people find the experience of looking into the pool calming, though I always feel just a bit unsettled by it." She lowered her voice as if getting ready to impart a secret, "There’s also a story going around… I can’t be sure that it has any truth in it, you understand… It may be just a rumor. But people have been saying… Well, they have been saying that Verlyna still dwells by the Emerald Pool. They say that she had turned into a ghost."

"Of course, I’m not saying that you will necessarily be interested in the pool because you’re one yourself,” she added hurriedly. “It’s just that it’s a place worth visiting.”

She picked up some nonessential papers and stacked them against the tabletop. Dropping them down in a neat pile, she continued, “There are plenty of other interesting spots to visit, if this one doesn’t catch your eye. There is the Temple of Ionu, for one and the renowned Bizarre. It really all depends on what you like. What are your interests, Ms. Slayne?” It was obvious that Serenity was now in her element. Her discomfort melted away with every word and she became more relaxed and animated.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Enit on December 31st, 2010, 3:56 am

5th Day of Winter, 210 AV

“Oh! You wouldn’t want to live here!” The words tumbled from Serenity's mouth. Enit could see the worry very clearly on the twitching woman's face and she did her best to suppress a chuckle, as the woman did her best to be polite. Soon though, worry faded from Serenity's face and the look that replaced it was what Enit was waiting for, she looked as if she was about to say something important.

“If you wish for an interesting place to explore, I would suggest Vernyla’s Emerald Pool. Little is known about it, except that a powerful hypnotist had once drowned in it and from then on, people have been seeing strange images at the bottom of the pond. It’s a beautiful place, filled with the most fascinating plants I’ve ever seen." Enit smiled this sounded like something she would like, "Some people find the experience of looking into the pool calming, though I always feel just a bit unsettled by it." Serenity leaned in ever so slightly, lowering her voice and drawing Enit in with every breath.

"There’s also a story going around… I can’t be sure that it has any truth in it, you understand… It may be just a rumor. But people have been saying… Well, they have been saying that Verlyna still dwells by the Emerald Pool. They say that she had turned into a ghost."

"A-a ghost" Enit stammered before realizing how silly that sounded coming from her. Serenity continued on, again trying to be polite "Of course, I’m not saying that you will necessarily be interested in the pool because you’re one yourself,it’s just that it’s a place worth visiting.” Enit nodded, obviously interested, however she remained quiet she was sure the woman would tell her something more. But as if to keep Enit on edge, Serenity bent down and began clearing up some of the mess. It only took a few seconds but to Enit it felt like longer, she was getting impatient, being couped up in this office did not bode well with her.

Finally Serenity continued “There are plenty of other interesting spots to visit, if this one doesn’t catch your eye. There is the Temple of Ionu, for one and the renowned Bizarre. It really all depends on what you like. What are your interests, Ms. Slayne?” No one had ever really asked her that question before and it was surprisingly hard to answer. "I can't believe I don't know my own interests" Enit thought bitterly, "Everything I guess...I like flowers, I know you mentioned the plants at the pool...and the temple sounds interesting, I'm trying to learn more about the gods and all since I'm dead you see and-" She let her words drift off as suddenly she felt very lost. Enit felt slightly scared as she realized she was alone in a very large city. "I suppose I'll try everything" her voice shook, and she almost felt the need to cry. "Come on you're not a little girl" Enit focused on Serenity and the conversation at hand, "From what I understand about the city, it would be pointless to ask for directions wouldn't it?" A quizzical smile sat on her face masking what she had previously felt
Enit
The Lost

Character sheet

Postby Cadence on January 7th, 2011, 1:38 am

Serenity regarded Enit with a degree of concern, her brows slightly furrowed as she detected signs of distress in the woman’s manner. “Well, if you have an interest in plants, I would certainly recommend the Garden of No Return. Don't let the name worry you. It's really a very beautiful place,” she hurried to reassure. “Of course, people have been known to die trying to get out of the garden’s hedge maze, but since ghosts are able to walk through walls, and can’t really, well you know…die, you should be fine. The garden has some of the most exotic plants in Alvadas. The actual maze moves around, you see, but the plants stay still. If one can identify the plants and keep track of them, getting out should be much easier,” she concluded brightly.

“Quite pointless,” Serenity conceded, returning Enit’s smile. “But, I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for. As long as you keep your mind open to the illusions, you’ll be able to navigate the streets with relative ease.”

“Do you have any other questions?” Serenity asked. “I understand this can all be a bit much to take in.”
Cadence
Musical Silence

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Enit on January 25th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Enit nodded as Serenity gave a summary of the gardens, they did sound fascinating, though given her ghostly advantage, it almost seemed like she would be cheating if she went through the maze. Serenity went on explaining what Enit already knew, that it would be pointless to try and find direction in this city of illusion.
"As long as you keep your mind open to the illusions, you’ll be able to navigate the streets with relative ease.”
Enit felt abit sluggish in thought this was alot to take in and she was trying to process all of it, along with her own feelings one being a steady and growing confusion. But when asked if she had anymore questions, she offered no more than a polite smile and a "No thank you but it was nice meeting you." With that Enit silently floated through a wall and up onto the roof. There she sat, her knees pulled to her face, and her eyes scanning what she could see of the city. "An open mind, she says..." Tonight Enit would stay here, she had decided to remain where it was safe until morning and maybe then she would tackle the streets with less worry on her heart.
Enit
The Lost

Character sheet