Open An 'Easy' Job

Fiachra and Edaire are hired to deal with a problem in the Tent City, feel free to join, PM for info or dive in!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

An 'Easy' Job

Postby Fiachra on March 23rd, 2016, 7:04 am

4 Spring - 516 AV - Some Shady Alley - Sunberth

"I thought you just needed a map. That's what I got told. Just go see you and you'd tell me what needed mapping. That's what your friend said. Also I don't think a man that big should be named Little Pete."

Irony sometimes went over 'Chras head.

"We do need a map, we do, and I hear you know how t'keep yer mouth shut. We just need a livin' map is all."

"I don't even know what that means."

"We need y'there, t'update things if'n they change, to make sure our man stays in th'know, y'ken?"

"No."

The man, known as Cheese for reasons it was best not to ask if you liked your internal organs to stay internal sighed, rubbing his temples. He was used to working with idiots though. He dealt with Little Pete after all. Those two had probably got on just fun. They both spoke idiot.

"Right, Lil Pete told you about our.. friends right? Them with the blue sashes?"

"Yeeeees, he said they were bad'n liked raping people and didn't pay for whores like civilised people'n stuff."

"Right. Thas true. We've got a guy who's gonna deal with'em. We need you to sketch out where they are though so's he knows where t'go and don't get blind-sided. Then you stay there while he's workin' so y'can keep him updated while they move aroun'. 'Cause if we get you to put the Blue-Sashes on th'map and then they move, well th'map ain't accurate any more is it?"

"I guess not.. So.. I just make sure he knows where the Blue sashes are moving to?"

"Yer, that's it. Keep 'em from gettin' shanked from behind, y'ken?"

"I guess so.."

"Awright, go get drawin'. Our other man'll meet you at th'entrance t'the Tent City when the suns goin' down."

"How will I know who it is?"

"We'll tell 'im t'be recognisable a'right?"

"Okay..."

This was all getting very complicated. She'd just wanted to draw some more birds eye view pictures. Ah well. This conversation seemed to be over, so she left, going to scavenge some bark and charcoal as well as to stash her clothes before she started mapping.
Fiachra
Player

Words: 100578
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2015, 7:37 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

An 'Easy' Job

Postby Edaire on March 23rd, 2016, 2:11 pm

Edaire was just Peachy.. He had been hired to do some dirty work for a gang. But that is never a problem around Sunberth, what the problem was is it was blazing out outside, Edaire never really liked the heat. Edaire couldn't bare the tempature in his room. And rolled out of his bed, placing his feet on the shabby wooden floor with a sigh. He looked around his rugged home, he looked towards his trunk, holding his gear for him, he looked towards his left seeing a dresser and mirror, albeit cracked. Edaire shook his head and got back to his main focus, his job. See he was hired along with some other gal' to do some dirty work, killing some uprising gang of 4-5. Quickly gaining infamy and reputation, Simple. Just put an end to their rise to glory, simply how it worked around Sunberth. Edaire moved towards his trunk and put on a shirt, then he moved towards his boots, sitting back onto his bed and pulling them off, as comfortable as they were, they were getting worn out, he would need a new pair soon too. Next were his gloves, After putting those on, He moved towards his brigandine..This was going to be a pain, It was so hot out he was afraid of putting on, he shrugged it off, he would rather be alive then hot. He slipped it over his head , grumbling as the formfit brigandine slid on, He grabbed his pipe, placing it in his mouth before grabbing his Kopesh, slinging onto a belt at his side, and then the same with his buckler. He moved down the stairs, He nodded to the bartender and moved towards the bar, placing his elbow on the table and quickly saying to the bartender "Look Pal, I just need a quick meal" , Bartender nodded, quickly handing him some trail rations with an extent of his left hand, Edaire grumbled reaching into his pockets and handing him a coin, Trail rations consisted off just some preservable meat , nuts, and some water. Edaire exited the Druken Fish, to be met with the oh so familiar sunlight he was used too, he didn't smile though, he just walked on towards the tent district. He made short time of his meal..And waited at the entrance. He didn't know much about the 'gal he was going with ,hopefully it wasn't just some want to be hero, atleast someone with skill he thought, he contemplated the chances and odds of the 'gal being a good find or just dog meat. He shrugged and waited...
Edaire
Player

Words: 2331
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2016, 12:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

An 'Easy' Job

Postby Fiachra on March 23rd, 2016, 7:01 pm

4 Spring - 516 AV - Tent City Entrance - Sunberth

The day was shaping up to be a proper scorcher. 'Chra, in what she'd thought was a rare display of problem solving after find it to be hard to hold the bark and the charcoal while flying, had found a piece of string, pecked a hole through the bark and then tied the two together. This way if she fumbled, she still had both. She was in fact so pleased with her genius, she spent some time just flying up, dropping the bark and charcoal and then diving to catch it.

Eventually of course she remembered that someone was paying her to do a job, so perhaps she should go do it. It took some time, criss-crossing over the Tent City, then back to Sunberth proper to find a solid rooftop on which to change and record what she'd seen. The result was a bit wobbly, the lines weren't exactly straight, but it was largely to scale, and fairly accurate. For today in any case. Tomorrow the tents would move and shift. Paths would be obscured and new ones would be built. Such was the transient nature of the place.

She also didn't bother with the entire Tent City, focusing on the area where she'd spotted the Blue-Sashed men. It would be nice to say this was because she realized the rest of the area was superfluous to this particular job. The truth was that in her stubborn insistence on keeping the scale as close to correct as she could, she'd run out of room.

The Blue Sashes had one large heavy canvas tent that they came and went from, and then about three smaller personal tents scattered around it. She'd counted seven of them so far. Which, though she didn't know it, was more than Edaire had been told there would be. Five of them seemed to be sticking fairly close to their base, the other two had been wandering about. To 'Chra it looked like they were either drunk or drugged and on the prowl for women or fights.

Finally finishing to her satisfaction, she blew any excess charcoal off, rolled the bark up, switched to Raven and winged off towards the entrance to the Tent City to meet.. whoever. There were a few people loitering around. This was Sunberth, there were always loiterers. She cruised over head, eying them, considering her options. She wasn't quite sure what she'd figured recognizable would mean. Maybe a silly hat. Or a big sign. There was nothing that obvious. But there was a fairly solid looking man in a shirt of brigantine. It was way too hot for that. Unless a person knew they were going to be doing redwork of course...

Tossing the makeshift map again, she caught it in her beak, before angling in. Before landing before him, wings flared, slowing her dive, and with the usual flash she was changed. Where a moment before a Raven had been, now there was a naked girl transferring bark from mouth to hand and giving Edaire a speculative look.

"Are you the guy Cheese and Little Pete hired?"

One might expect a bit of hesitation from a naked woman when speaking to an unknown armed and armored man.

Nope.
Fiachra
Player

Words: 100578
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2015, 7:37 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)