PM to join Water Words.

Alex and poppy continue a conversation from earlier.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 2nd, 2016, 2:22 pm

Continuation from Easing into a situation.
Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Alex had extended his hand expecting to get a hand shake. Something simple and formal, but that was not the case. Instead she swept up through brushing his hand to the side and clamped her arms around his torso hugging him. Slightly stunned Alex didn’t know how to really react, he wasn’t and never had been used to physical contact at least on this scale. Kind of unsure what to do he glanced down at her slightly and lightly pressed the flat of his hand against her back. A light look of unease registered on his features. He quickly quelled it when she pulled away trying not to show it.

He’d lightened up a tad? He thought he was simply being his usual self? Shaking his head lightly he scratched the side of his face a little. A visit to the soothing waters wouldn’t have been the worst idea...Still the stiffness in his muscles wasn’t going to go away any sooner. He sighed and shrugged a little.
“Mayhaps I’ll come with. I’m just looking for a way relax today really I’ve got another couple days and then I’m back on duty.” Felling like he’d said that before Alex caught a glimpse of her lifting her tunic and wincing from the smell. Couldn’t have been that bad. Stretching out his now fairly stiff shoulders to took off first along the way.

A practiced trek, knowing that Squires and knights were able to enter the waters for free it was something Alex did fairly often. Half that and half his daring ness to try out new techniques and weapons on a regular basis in the training grounds often got his head kicked in more than he cared to actually admit. Having the bravery and the spirit to try out new things had often got him both praise and scorn in equal measure, though Alex himself believed it all to be simply distain.

Looking over his shoulder and seeing Poppy walking with him Alex took the opportunity to spark up a conversation again.
“This your first time heading to the soothing waters? Or have you been before?” Alex spoke with a calm tone light and airy as his voice was normally prone to be. However there was an odd curiosity to his tone. “Mind if I Ask where you’re from originally? You don’t seem to be too much like a local. After all most locals either hate the knights, adore them or hate outsiders.”
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Water Words.

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 3rd, 2016, 2:30 pm

2nd of Spring, 516 AV

Alexander had said he’d come, informing her of his intention to tag along, and Poppy had no problems with that, in fact she pleased at the thought of it. She didn’t want to intrude on his personal time by suggesting that they go together, so she had simply uttered that she would be going alone. Fortunately, he had decided to come, telling her that he was looking for a way to relax as well, and he’s still on his vacation before returning to the busy life that is squire duty.

Her hug seemed to have surprised him judging from how taken aback he had looked, and the very reason that she had decided to give him that instead of the handshake he had wanted to give her. Alexander looked like he needed some affection as he didn’t seem to get much of it judging from the way he reacted earlier when he had complimented her. He was a nice guy and she genuinely wanted to help him. But then again, Poppy was mostly kind to everyone that was nice to her. The two squires then took a leisurely stroll as they made their way to the Soothing Waters bathhouse. Although she had not yet had the chance to visit the bathhouse, she had heard plenty of people talking about it, for the establishment was really popular among the denizens of the order and citizens alike.

The bath pools were communal and no form of clothing was allowed in its waters, which meant that everyone within in would be bare and naked. The thought of that sent a shiver down her spine, though she did not know if that was from nervousness or embarrassment. As the squire pair approached the bathhouse, Poppy pushed opened the double doors and entered, acting as though she was familiar with the place, but in truth it was not. Alex posed her a question just as soon as they entered. He wanted to know if she’d been here before and if she was a local. Replying him casually, she said. "This is my first time in the baths, actually. I’m actually kinda thrilled by it. I’ve heard so much about this place."

Knowing that Alex would probably follow close behind, she descended a staircase that led her to the fourth tier of the city, as she continued answering his second question. “Well, I guess you can call me a foreigner? Although I’ve been living in Syliras region for a number of years now. I was born in Sunberth, but have been living in the Mithryn Outpost since I left that horrible place.” Turning back to glance at him, she threw the question back to him.

“What about you? Are you a local?”

A man behind the reception counter greeted her as soon as he saw them and, the lass greeted him back with a friendly smile, and she promptly gestured to both Alexander and herself, indicating that they are squires and have come for a soak in the baths. “Hey there, We’re squires, and my friend and I have come for a soak in the baths, to relax after a rather exciting first half of the day. I’ll be needing a towel as well.” Answering them, the man said "Certainly, the lockers and dressing room is this way" jerking his finger in the general direction of said room. Grabbing a towel from one of the racks, she began to strip and undress.

When she was fully undressed, she took the towel she had been requested for and wrapped it around herself, covering her modesty. This would the first time she would be naked outside of her family, and that send yet another tingle down her spine. Folding her clothes and placing them in the locker, Poppy began to head out, looking for Alexander, before they headed to the baths proper.

Last edited by Poppy Blackburn on April 3rd, 2016, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poppy Blackburn
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Words: 70192
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2016, 7:14 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 3rd, 2016, 2:54 pm

Her first time to the waters? But then she wasn’t local either. Alex caught himself only after a small chuckle barely even the start of it left him. But that small smile and light manner seemed to drain at the mention of Sunberth. Though before he could sink too deeply into thought he snapped his attention back around to the questions she posed him. The exact one he’d just asked her.
“I’m not a really a local either. I’m from… Well it doesn’t really matter where I’m from I’m just not local to here. I spent some time In Sunberth too… Putting it nicely, glad people are escaping that place."

Poppy had already headed up to the counter and introduced them both. Given how often Alex frequented this place Ivis gave him a small smile and a curt nod. Alex grabbed a towel from the counter top and headed off into the men’s changing rooms. Stretching out he heard a few clicks and cracks from his back. Disrobing his shirt slowly it became readily apparent just how hard he’d been working. Coated across his entire torso with bruises of varying shades from yellow to purple. In all honesty he looked like a walking disaster. Placing his gear in a locker at the far end and the bottom of the locker rack Alex paused a moment in the air. Half wincing at the sight of his bruises and the other taking a moment to reflect on just how far he’d come in such a short while.

Wrapping the towel around his waist he covered what he needed too. The Scar on his left shoulder visible, the searing burn of a sun over what was clearly a deep and old puncture wound. Accompanying that were a few much smaller and lighter marks across his sides. Still he lifted his hand to ruffle his hair lightly and adjust to the heat of the steam in the air. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted Poppy. Trying his best to keep his mind focused as he usually did he spoke whilst keeping his eyes from directly glancing towards her.
“So whadda ya think?” A short question that spoke more about his mind-set than it did about his curiosity. Alex then walked around the edge of the central pool, leaving the towel by the edge so it didn't get wet he stepped into the waters, feeling the heated water sting and press against the myriad bruises littering him. And then after a moment a long sigh escaped him. Buried up to his mid torso in the waters he leant against the side of the pool, his eyes closed and his mind working on the Palace that he’d started. A towering store of everything he’d ever learned spiralling staircases and books aplenty labelled on many, many things. All of this however was simply in his head. A way he kept his mind and eyes to himself.

Cataloguing away the events of today he began to start a new file on Poppy, things he’d learned, he’d listened too, he’d found out and things that had an influence on her. And then there was the incident with the tank, the large and rather annoying event that could have arisen had they not been there to stop it.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water Words.

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 4th, 2016, 5:20 am

Poppy had noticed that Alexander had not totally answered her question, instead maneuvering himself around the question, answering it yet not providing a true answer. It was then that she began to wonder, did he have anything to hide? Perhaps he had some kind of sordid past that he didn’t want anyone else to learn of, and that place he was from would be a telling clue to his past. Being a considerate and polite individual, she was not about to pry further, or encourage him to tell her his past.

If he wanted to, he would reveal it eventually, perhaps, maybe in time when they got closer to one another. Her own background wasn't a bed of roses anyway, but she’d had the better end of it by having a loving and supportive family by her side that showered her with whatever affection she desired. Alex, however seemed to lack that, and he reminded her of someone she knew, and that individual behaved in a similar fashion due to the lack of affection given by both his parents and the people who knew him.

These were similar tell tale signs the lass had began to see in her fellow squire. He seemed to know Sunberth as well, and how much of a shitty place it was, so he could have been an avid traveller or had simply been to the lawless city before. As they finished changing out of their clothes,and met up outside the dressing rooms, Alex posed her a question, although she was quite sure what he was referring to. “So whaddaya think?”

What did she think about what? How he looked or how she found the place? If it was about how he looked then, she definitely wasn’t expecting to see all those bruises, scars and injuries on him. The way he looked, she’d thought he was a veteran of combat with those injuries. Then, there was the towel, that he wore around his waist. Her eyes settled there briefly before moving off and up, slightly embarrassed by the attention she gave it. If it was about the place, however, she would say that the place looked rather nice.

“About what? The place? It looks rather pleasant and intriguing to say the least.” Poppy then followed behind Alexander as he walked around and entered the main chamber where the baths were, and leaving his towel by the edge to hopefully keep it dry. It was also then that she realised that that was the same towel he had been using to cover himself earlier. A tinge of redness coloured her cheeks as the thought sprouted into mind. He had gotten into the pool nonchalantly, watching the steamy waters covered him up to the middle of his torso.

As his eyes were closed, Poppy took the opportunity to do the same, and stepped into the pool beside him, inches away from each other, her towel neatly folded on the edge beside his, and her body bare in the steamy pool. The sensation of the warm water soothed and refreshed her skin, and seemed to have a natural calming effect on her mood and her body aches. She now knew why people loved to visit the baths this much, when it felt this good. She’d get used to the naked thing in due time, probably with a few more visits under her belt. Poppy let the silence between them linger for several chimes before she piped up once more. “What’s on your mind Alex? If you don’t mind me asking.”

Poppy Blackburn

Character sheet

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 4th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Hearing the water next to him shift it was evident that someone had entered it close to his right side. Then he’d heard her words. About what? Then it clicked for her and the place she thought looked nice. What did she think he meant? A dangerous line of thought. He brushed it aside, filing that book away in his mind elsewhere for the time being. Still though he’d file away that he had to use more careful and to the point questions in the future.

Letting himself soak, the partially cloudy and heated waters pulled the soreness from his body once more. A feeling that had very much become the norm for him. Stretching out his spine and pressing the edge of the pool into the spot just below his shoulder blades, teasing out a spot of hardened muscle and following it with a slight snap. A small sigh escaped him as he heard her voice again, his eyes still firmly shut. What was on his mind? What wasn’t on his mind? A half tick passed before he spoke again.
“Just thinking about the tank and who could have dug that hole. Trying to get a read on yourself as well Poppy. And finally trying to recall a few teachings from my patron that might have slipped my mind.” Alex shifted in the waters turning his head to face her, eyes still shut.

Lifting his arms out of the water, given the distance between them his right forearm would quite possibly brush against her shoulder lightly. Confirming to him where exactly she was.
“I’m also working on something that someone once recommended to me. It’s called a “mind palace” it helps catalogue and memorize things. It’s… Kinda hard to explain for me at least but it helps me organize everything I’ve learnt into a format where I can pluck it out at will.” He smirked and with a slow motion he snapped his eyes open looking her in the eye.

Turning his head away from her he spoke. “One of the last times I was here someone else I know decided to play a trick on me. Snuck up and tried to spook me. Worked, very well.” He found himself subconsciously smiling. “It’s been a good year in this city… How about you Poppy? How’s your time in the city been?” An innocent enough question which would help him potentially glean a little more information about her.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water Words.

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 5th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Poppy felt the steaming warm water of the pool ease the tensions and aches in her joints. Her limbs began to loosen up as well, and comfort level in her rising as she slowly settled into both the heat and calmness of the water. She casually waited for Alexander to answer her question, and in hardly any time at all, his reply made his way to her ears. He seemed to be still thinking about their little situation at the Tank earlier in the day. Now that the case had been solved and handed over to the knights stationed at the jail, she had no idea why his mind was still on it.

Then he continued, saying that he was trying to read her. Read me? Why was he trying to find out about me? She gave him a questioning look as her brows furrowed in a questioning stare. “What is it exactly are you trying to read about me? Perhaps, I can help with you that.” Poppy didn’t exactly have much, or any secrets to be exact, so there wasn’t much, if any matter of sort that she had to hide.

That often made her happier and more cheerful as well, not having to wonder if people were going to discover her secrets or not. If he wanted to know anything about her, he could simply ask. Alexander then went on to speak about the teachings he have had with his patron, and she had a reply for that as well. “Having met my patron a day ago, I haven’t really got around to having much training yet, but he seems like a good man to me.” She’d noticed with a quick glance that his eyes was still shut, probably enjoying the heat of the soothing warm pool. He then lifted his arms out of the pool, the rivulets of water running across his arm and across his fingers before leaping back to the pool they came from, rejoining the warmth of the steaming waters. His hand brushed against her right shoulder gently, which sent a curious smirk upon her visage. He wasn’t yet done speaking, however, as he went on to talk about something called a ‘mind palace’. Poppy had never heard of the term before, but gauging from what he had said, it was something about cataloguing and memorising things, probably a method of sorts.

As the last of his words left his lips, his eyes snapped open, as though someone flipped a switch, and she found her green orbs gazing at him for a chime or two before he turned away, seemingly afraid to let his gaze linger in her direction. He mentioned something about someone playing a trick on him the last time he was here. The lass took the smile on his face, that he probably wasn’t too offended by it. A similar smile appeared on to her visage as well. “Oh? That must have been quite an amusing sight!” Her companion then went on to ask about how she was, and how her time in the city has been. “Well, I’m feeling pretty great right now, and my time has been equally fantastic, thanks to no one other than you! Thank you for that, for making my first few days in the city a great one.”
Poppy Blackburn

Character sheet

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 5th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Alex settled back into the water. Eyes shut again returning to the sanctity that was his mind. His refuge. What exactly was he trying to read about her? Wasn’t that the question?
“I try to read people without them telling me anything about themselves. It’s something I’ve been learning to do slowly over time. It helps me understand people who immediately get defensive when they see a knight or a squire.” He paused a moment exhaling the rest of his breath. Before drinking in a new one to speak again. “Not all situations as I’ve said need to be solved with violence. By watching someone and trying to read why they’re scared or defensive it lets me talk them out of a situation better. Eases them into a feeling of safety.” Alex punctuated his words with a small smirk, tilting his head back and skywards.

“Don’t worry about that. Sergeant Knights are often…Difficult to get a hold of. Being much higher in status than a regular knight, they have less time to train you personally. My own patron has farmed me out to other knights for training, and had me learn my skills by adapting to multiple squires and knights fighting methods. It’s actually a pretty unorthodox but effective method.” Alex shifted his weight a little in the waters and opened his eyes to look towards the sky. “Admittedly her antics were amusing but only after the fact I nearly both hit her and drowned.” Alex paused realizing he’d spoken a little more bluntly than he’d meant too.

Apparently her time within the city was of a good nature and a fell spent time. Thanks to him? He couldn’t help but chuckle at that. “Yeah I’m not that much of good company as you’re probably learning. I’m sitting here next to a pretty woman and I’m still pondering about that damned crack in the tank-” Only after he’d said the words did he realize that again he’d had his thoughts slip through his mouth. He tried to brush it off and will it way even with the flakes of colour coming to his face. Trying to play it off on the heat of the water.

“Something about that crack and the position of that, space don’t feel right. If it was just a crack and the hole was put there to make the crack bigger, why not make it even larger and just have the wall collapse?” Alex pondered aloud still trying to mask what he’d said. But if that’s the case then there’s be a big gap in the wall and the entire cell would have been locked off. Something isn’t quite sitting well there. Something doesn’t add up…

Realizing he’d gone fairly silent for a couple of ticks he tilted his had sideways towards her glancing at her out the corner of his eye. “I notice, I’ve asked you a lot of questions, do you have any you wanna ask me? Else I’m just going to feel like an interrogator.”
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water Words.

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 6th, 2016, 3:16 am

Reading people. Alexander was trying to read people to try and help himself understand what is it the people he studies really needs. He gravitated naturally towards using a non-violent approach to solving problems, and that was something that she could definitely understand, for she did share a similar train of thought. Poppy was both pragmatic and a realist, and she always did what she had to in the situations that require her to, but no matter what she did, morals and principles were two factors that she never compromised on, and the lass followed them almost religiously, with very few exceptions in between.

Since he had mentioned about reading her, the brunette wondered what he actually thought of her, or rather what he had read about her. “Well, from what you have read about me, what do you think? Good or no?” Poppy then moved onto the second topic, which was about their patron knights. Considering the fact that she hadn’t really got the chance to interact much with her patron yet, she had to just take in everything he had said for he had been a squire for a while now, and have had plenty of experiences and opportunities to both interact and train with his patron, who was also a Sergeant Knight. The lass definitely looked forward to training and spending some time with her patron though, and this was merely the beginning of her journey, and she was glad to have someone to guide her along with.

Being new in the city, Poppy didn’t have any friends, and she was extremely grateful to Alexander for being her first friend. The fact that he was a squire as well, just sweetened the deal and made them more than just mere friends. They were comrades and brothers and sisters in arms as well. “Well, I’d like to think you did a pretty fantastic job, considering the fact that I’ve got to catch fleeing criminals on my second day in the city. Not everyone can say that, can they?” His next statement which came along with a surprise compliment, sent a tinge of redness upon her cheeks and a delighted smile couldn’t help but emerge from the recesses of her cheeks, forming little dents of delight. “I’m glad you find me pretty, but it’s unfortunate that I’m second to that hole in the Tank.”

Turning around to face him, she uttered. “Why don’t you let that matter rest, we’ve handed the case over to the knights now, I’m sure it’ll be in good hands.” As Alexander continued on rambling on about the hole in the Tank once more, the lass decided to do something completely unexpected. She promptly submerged herself completely in the pool, the cloudy warm waters masking her location. She had no idea if he had noticed her missing, but Poppy wanted to tease him further in an effort to get him to lighten up and perhaps be happy, even if it would just for a short moment. Several ticks later, Alex would feel a hand on his thigh, as her head emerged from the pool, water cascading from her locks of chocolate brown hair in a waterfall. Her hand remained on his thigh for several more ticks before she removed them, and the brunette simply said with a mischievous grin, “Surprise!”
Poppy Blackburn

Character sheet

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 6th, 2016, 3:53 am

Alex began to ponder her question. What did he think of her? Well he couldn’t quite say all of what he thought so he’d probably best control his words.
“Well from the things I’ve gleaned. You’re intelligent, a quick study, able to see things which other people might miss if they aren’t careful. You’re not overly prickly in your approach to things, nor your personality. Somewhat inquisitive, and know how to dig for the information you want.” His words may have seemed more analytical than he’d possibly meant but he was trying to hold off from the other things he’d gleaned about her physically from how she’d handled herself.

Apparently though she’d thought he’d done a pretty good job with keeping her company. With the catching of criminals on her second day. Most people would have been pretty annoyed about that fact. Something that would have wound them up immensely or pushed them to display their skill or lack there-of. However he’d now gleaned another thing from her. She was diligent. Very much so. He also found out swiftly that she was like a fog with a bone, she just didn’t let things go. Bringing a slighter red to his face, he kept his face skywards. And apparently she was annoyed that he was still focused on the tank.

Let the matter rest? As he’d handed the matter over to the knights? He couldn’t just let it rest. Something about it wasn’t sitting right with him. And he could feel it. Though as he was about to ask her opinion on the mater he noticed from the corner of his eye she’d up and vanished.
She was here just a second ago? Where the heck did she g- What the heck is that on my thigh… Feels like a- Before his train of thought could even finish he’d worked out what it was and saw her head emerge from beneath the waters. Water pouring off of her like some form of sea nymph. He felt her grip linger for a moment longer before she removed her hand. In that very same moment his head had decided to restart. His eyes locked onto hers and a good crimson colour reigned over his face.

“P-Poppy… That was a little close…” He spoke with a pause trying to form the words to a sentence. This had happened once before with Belinda, and though that had ended in a... More than enjoyable evening. He was drawing similarities where he really shouldn’t have been. Shaking his head he could feel the gears in his head starting to turn again. It was less where she’d place her hand and more the contact that stunned him. The mere touch something he never had. The contact. Again he was fighting the urge to snap out his arms and grab a hold of someone.

With Belinda he hadn’t been able to fight off the urge for long and gave in. But she was actively inviting it. Poppy he was almost certain wasn’t. There was a certain innocence to her that he hadn’t felt with Belinda, and something he didn’t want to push, didn’t want to break. His arms stayed still as he turned to face her. Shifting his seating and looking her in the eye now. A strong look, one that spoke more than he could.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water Words.

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 6th, 2016, 9:02 am

As Alexander told her how saw her based on the ‘reading’ he had done on her so far, A smug grin made itself known onto Poppy’s face. He had included intelligent among other positive traits and qualities which couldn’t help but make the girl happy, after all these were all good qualities one would like to have. She had not known that, these were how she had seemed like to him, as his behaviour towards her, hardly reflected that at all in any way. That just goes to show how much a person can think about you despite being relatively quiet and not really saying much about how they feel about you. She decided to let him know how pleased she was at the revelation.

“I’m so pleased to hear that you see me in such a positive light! That definitely came over as a surprise.” As for how she saw him, the following traits and qualities came to mind. Hardworking, Diligent and Perseverant. Perhaps, she’ll throw in stubborn in there as well, based on his refusal to let the case of the hole in the Tank go. She’d known him to be rather hardworking based on the words of the rest of the squires discussing what Alex was up to this time. He was one of the most hardworking squires in the order, and it was something she both idolised and respected in equal amounts, setting himself as a model squire.

Poppy decided to let Alexander know how she saw him as well, in return his opinion of her. “Well, I find you really hardworking, and equally diligent, maybe more so actually, and I pretty much hold you in high regard as a fellow squire.” In the short period she had known him, this was how she felt about him. Then, about her little antic which involved disappearing beneath the surface to first place a hand on his thigh before surprising him with her presence. He mentioned something about being a little close, though she had no idea what he was referring to. “What was a little close? This?”

The brunette said as she replaced her palm back on his thigh. Eyes of green curiousity gazed at him curiously, wondering what he could be referring to. It was also then that his visage turned a vibrant shade of crimson, and Poppy wondered if he was alright, or if he had suddenly taken ill. Swirling forward in two steps, she got by his side, as she placed a palm on Alexander’s forehead, trying to see if he had gained a fever and gotten ill.

That was an old remedy that her mother used to carry out on her when she was younger. “You’re not ill, but your face is as red as a tomato!” Realisation dawned onto her as she realised what was actually happening, and how close she was to him, and the lass backed off slightly, her visage now equally crimson, embarrassed by her inexperience in these type of matters. She’d not had much friends growing up, and have never had an intimate relationship, so her ignorance present was making her a bit too flustered prompting her to speak about something else, namely the heat.. “It’s getting a little to warm now, I think we should leave soon.”
Poppy Blackburn

Character sheet

Next