PM to join Hunting to Prove something (Merevaika)

Jasmine goes for a hunt and finds an old acquaintance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Hunting to Prove something (Merevaika)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on November 2nd, 2016, 3:33 pm

Looking at the woman confused for a moment, she peered over seeing the birds on the horse before noticing the third in the dogs mouth. Tilting her head to the side she signed the word three? before pointing to Beast and the catch in the female hounds jaws. Though with the grip she appeared to have the blond figured trying to get the bird would result in someone losing a hand. The short haired woman's statement of being tied caused the girl to try and decide if there was anything left to do. Merevaika asking her what now confirmed what she already suspected. Neither had really planned what would happen after the “tournament” was over. So now they were stuck in a semi-awkward silence. With a soft smile the woman had made her decision.

“A tie it is. How about you come and join me at my pavilion for supper?” Jasmine asked.

She did not want to eat alone again. Mounting up the blonde trotted up beside the woman and her horse. Haven barked and quickly ran up beside her owner jogging to easily keep up with her. The blond had left the decision up to the other female. Would she join her or would they part ways closer to the city. Jasmine was not aware of where Merevaika made her camp at by any means. Blond bangs framed the girl's face with a softness that helped her come across as sweet and kind. Though the few men that had scraped with her told a different story. As the pair rode blue eyes spotted the city coming into view turning to the woman she was happy to have had the experience.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Merevaika on November 13th, 2016, 2:33 pm

Merevaika

Jasmine was surprised Merevaika hadn't classed the bird in Beast's jaws as three, and she was too. But from the half-mangled state and the fact that the creature would not let her have it, it was fair enough. It wasn't like there even had been a prize planned, a plan beyond the challenge itself. She didn't like thinking ahead, even for simple things like this. Clearly, Jasmine didn't either, or she had assumed Merevaika would do it for her. Deciding on the second, she looked back at the blonde behind her, joined by her dog as Merevaika's own hung to the other side.

"That would be good. I don't have much cooking equipment at my own tent." Practicality first, before anything else. After all, Merevaika didn't have much of anything at her tent. Not that it really could be classed as her own - pretty much all she owned at the moment was stolen from the various citizens in the city. Including the top she wore. She wasn't certain, but for all she knew, it could have been Jasmine's. "We can feast with our hunts!" she smiled, changing her thoughts. No point dwelling on something that had already happened.

She had to smile. Thankfully, Jasmine couldn't read minds, or her secret would be out.

Moving her horse back a little and falling behind the girl, her green red eyes fell on the city before them. Sticking close the other huntress, the drykas kept her eyes forward, trying not to stick out, even if this was just a simple visit with a friend. Just two girls returning from a little hunt, hoping to reach home before night truly came.

Last time she had entered the city when Syna had fallen was for theft. She had to keep reminding herself, keep telling herself to be careful, just in case. Never let your guard down, especially so soon. Anyone could make the mistake of recognising her.

Deciding to distract herself, and use Jasmine as a disguise, she tried starting a conversation, still following closely. "Where is your pavilion? I don't think you ever told me. A big one? Small? Tell me about it - a husband, perhaps?" she questioned, keeping herself busy as she kept the journey in mind, noting where to find Jasmine's pavilion if she ever needed to in the future. She wasn't certain why exactly. But it was always a good thing to know.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on November 28th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Jasmine looked to the woman as they got closer and closer to the city. She seemed unnerved for some reason. Looking at her slightly confused the woman shrugged and headed towards her pavilion. Motioning for the dark haired beauty to follow, the blonde gave a slight nudge for Chaser to go faster. Snorting the stallion picked up his place trotting ahead wanting to race the pair following them home. With a small smile the blonde made sure that the equine behaved himself at least till the group made it back to their campsite. Sticking to the edge of the beautiful tents they finally made it to the purple clan. With a smile and clicked her tongue against her teeth, Jasmine was ready to get home and dismount for the night. Neighed loudly the stallion picked up his pace once more; calling back she threw a small challenge to the dark haired woman.

“Keep up if you can!” She called back and let Chaser run.

Hooves pounded against Semele's skin as the group pulled to a stop finally back. Dismounting the blonde popped her neck and stretched out popping all the way up her spine. Patting Chaser's neck, she began to untie her kills and remove the yvas. Walking over to the where the fire pit is the blonde put down the kills on a rock off the dirt. Hurrying back to the horse, she took the yvas off and got him some sugar carrots. Allowing the male to eat from her hand for a moment, the girl turned to her visitor.

“Please make yourself at home Merevaika. I don't have much, but Im happy to share with you,” Jasmine stated. The woman went about preparing her hunting knife to skin the animals, or well butcher them in the process. She had never dressed one of her kills before so perhaps Mere would know something about it. If the woman did then Jasmine planned to ask for a few lessons with the small animals. Putting down her knife the girl started to prep a fire for the two to cook on. Making sure there was enough breathing room, Jasmine struck the flint and steel till the kindling finally caught. Leaning down the woman took deep breaths and blew gently. After several ticks the fire began to come alive with a large puff of smoke. Coughing some the woman leaned back up and waved the smoke from her face.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Merevaika on December 11th, 2016, 5:41 pm

Merevaika

Jasmine raced forward and Merevaika didn't even need to tell Eryunt to follow. The Strider rose to the challenge, pounding swiftly behind them and drawing up at their side. The two horses galloped forward, powerful as they glided between tents and through the long grass dotted between them. As they approached the pavilion, she clicked her tongue, making sure Eryunt didn't get overexcited.

He snorted at the new camp, not recognising its layout. As she dismounted, she scratched his neck, pressing her face against his in a way to stifle her grin. This was the very place she had stolen from. And Jasmine was now telling her to make herself at home! If she knew just how much she had been "sharing" with Merevaika, she wouldn't be so quick to suggest it.

Once she had managed to calm herself enough, she began sorting Eryunt out, removing his yvas and walking him around slowly, letting him cool down. The worst of the dirt was quickly dislodged with her hand, and she resolved to sort the rest out later, at her own camp. Once Eryunt was sorted, he moved to the side and began to graze, and she focused her attentions on Beast. The dog sat separated, growling at anyone or anything that came near, and chewing on her catch. Merevaika whistled, the dog looking up annoyed. She tried to gesture her nearer, but the whole thing was useless.

Giving up a bit too quickly, she finally gathered her kills and moved over to where Jasmine was trying to skin her kills. Merevaika didn't know exactly how to do it either, and was glad the other girl wasn't showing her up. Considering she had fowl, she would have looked like a fool.

She began to try pluck the feathers, but after that wasn't working, she simply cut of the heads and feet, trying to prise a knife and her fingers under the skin. It was a messy job, Merevaika hacking at the meat to dislodge some of it. Pieces were scraped off and she made a pile for Jasmine to take, if she wanted to cook them on the fire she was making. She left the other bird, determining to either sell it or get someone who could really prepare to do so.

"So..." she tried to make conversation, "What is your family like?" She couldn't remember if she knew whether the girl had one. Oh well - she wanted to not sit in silence, because it only made her laugh at how stupid Jasmine was.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on February 15th, 2017, 6:22 am

Jasmine allowed the woman time to tend to her strider and her dog. Haven went over to the other canine several times and barked jumping back and forth playfully. The blonde just shook her head and grabbed her dagger working on skinning her kill or at least trying to. Slipping the knife just barely under the skin the woman tried to keep from hitting any vital organs under the rabbit's pelt. The blonde did not get far before hitting what appeared to be an artery. Blood began to pour from below the skin as her hand kept pushing forward. Pulling up some the blonde saw the red liquid slow as it had to begin with.

Blue orbs stayed trained on the pelt till the blade reached the neck. Pulling it all the way out the woman looked over at the other gently watching her as she worked on plucking her birds. Unfortunately that meant she could not look over to watch the dark haired woman for answers. Thinking she turned the rabbit on to its stomach on a nearby rock so that it could bleed out somewhere other than her lap. Grabbing a rag the blonde wiped her hands hearing the sudden question about her family life. That was a very strange and awkward inquisition to answer lately. Taking a deep breath and stopping the movements her hands were making on their own.

“Family, that's a bit of weird subject for me. My dad and I were really close when I was little, but when I turned thirteen he changed. Suddenly the man had become distant hateful and very violent towards me and my mom. He still is if I say just the right thing to upset him which is pretty much anything,” Jasmine stated, “I worry for my siblings and mother if I leave the pavilion. I don't want them to get hurt just because his favorite punching bag is gone.”

The blond shook her head some and sighed gently. She had not meant to delve so deep into the fears and worries bottled up within her. This was her own burden to bear not the dark haired Drykas. Forcing away her sadder emotion, the woman turned to her friend with a smile.

“Enough about me. Tell me about yourself,” Jasmine stated.

Blowing some hair out of her face, she began once more attempting to skin the rabbit. Only thing was that it had went from keeping the skin tightly pulled in one direction to pulling it, cutting the white tendons away, and pulling more without causing any unnecessary damage. Which was proving to be more and more difficult for the blonde drykas woman. She listened closely to whatever Merevaika had to say while responding at the appropriate times. After many bells the pair had ate and lounged around the fire well into the night. Looking up at Leth's light, she figured it was a good time to lay down and say good bye to her guest for the evening.

“As much fun and relaxing as tonight has been, I am exhausted. How about we catch again soon and have another hunting contest?” Jasmine asked and bid farwell the the woman and her animals.

Once she was off the girl put out the fire and walked into her tent tying it closed for the night with Lara and Haven inside.
Jasmine Stormblood

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Merevaika on February 26th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Merevaika

A weird subject for her. A strange way to put it. What did she mean by that? Slowly, she explained, Merevaika nodding along, half-listening to her as she spoke. Her father, it seemed, had turned very aggressive, for no apparent reason. Merevaika's own was dead, but she thought about him anyway, about how he would protect her and teach her everything he knew.

Was it better to lose someone forever, or lose them like Jasmine had? The Drykas couldn't decide, returning her interest to the girl and the conversation.

She then spoke about leaving the pavilion, and it made Merevaika wonder why she wasn't married yet - living in another pavilion and speaking about a husband, about children. Merevaika knew exactly why she wasn't in that situation - first Ywana had been in the way, then everyone had died and she had no one to force her. But Jasmine? With a father like that, she expected her to be married off already.

But she didn't ask, letting Jasmine ask her about herself.
What was she going to tell her? Everything, or nothing at all?

Instead, she chose the middle path, speaking lightly about everyone who was gone. "My father was kind, brave, a wilderness guide. He knew every grass there was like the back of his hand. My mother, my real mother, annoyed me, but she was just trying to help. His first wife was the same. I loved them both really." The Drykas smiled softly at the memory. "Then there was his third wife, she was younger, more fun. And my uncle. And I had so many siblings..."

She spoke about them then, about Ywana and her stubbornness to marry other than for love, about To'res and how he tried to hard to be good and well behaved. Maya, the twins, all the other younger ones. There had been so many, she realised, as she listed through them, realising how many she had had taken from her.

"There are three left. Rowena, and her son Hachi. I haven't seen them for years now... And Ywana." She didn't continue about her sister. She couldn't.

It was getting late, Leth high in the sky by the time she left. The woman rose, gathered her possessions and pulled Eryunt closer to her. "Thank you for the food. And another competition would be fun. Till we meet again. Good night."

Merevaika left with a small smirk, wondering whether the other would ever know about the thief's true identity. Never, because the thief was never going to tell.

"Pavi"
Grassland sign
"Common"
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes