Ride With Me (Vanator)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Khiara on February 5th, 2011, 5:48 am

Khiara felt her hesitation ease as Vanator moved to welcome her, wrapping his arms around her waist and leaning forward to return her advances. At first, she lingered, her kisses tender and gentle, but slowly the vantha's actions became more passionate and intense. Opening her mouth, the brunette kissed him deeply, heart rate increasing. She burned with the desire to ease his pain and comfort his heart, and the warm thoughts she'd had during their ride here kindled the flame. Breaking from his lips, the young woman sat back on her heels and moved to remove her parka in one swift movement, before moving to straddle his lap, keeping her eyes on his. The chill winter breeze blew lightly, cooling her skin through the thin grey dress. Meeting his mouth again with hers, Khiara ran her hands around his shoulders. 

Her fingers trailed down his chest, slipping between the layers of warm clothing to caress the hard planes of his body. Breaking away from his mouth, the young woman paused for air, eyes closed and breathing hard. Opening her now lavender eyes, Khiara looked him over before meeting his gaze again, a small smile on her lips.

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on February 7th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Vanator welcomed Khiara's gentle kiss, even as it deepened into a more impassioned embrace. She shed her parka, something only the daughter of Avanthal would do, seemingly impervious to the chilled winter breeze. With some surprise Van adjusted as his wife climbed onto his lap in an very intimate way. There was no mistaking what was on Khiara's mind, reflected in the lavender gaze that would not release his own until she pressed her mouth again to his. The intensity of their kiss confirmed how the young woman intended to comfort her somber husband. The Drykas shivered slightly as his wife's cool hand pressed against the warm skin of his chest, accompanied by an electric thrill that danced along his spine. The woman who at one time had been shy and reserved around him had revealed a more assertive, fiery nature since their wedding night that he enjoyed, but oft times still caught him off guard.

Khiara pulled herself away from their fervent kiss to catch his gaze again. Husband reflected the wife's soft smile. Vanator took a moment to enjoy her, violet and gold streaked dark hair framing soft olive-skinned features. Her light dress clung to her form as the cold wind tugged at her. She was a good wife, and a dear friend. Vanator wanted more for her. She had learned to be Drykas, but even as his wife, she could not be counted as one of his own people. Not without a Windmark. As an outsider, Khiara held a lower status among his family. Lack of certain privileges and assignment of the most menial tasks were the lot of his Vanthan wife, even as Kashik enjoyed the benefits of a full Drykas spouse. But Vanator hesitated to broach the subject with Khiara. It would mean bonding with a Strider, and the Drykas husband found it difficult to suggest that she abandon Vsenri as her mount for a Strider. Vsenri was more than her horse, the Frostmarch stallion was her constant and often only companion on her epic journey from the far reaches of the north. He was all she had left of her life in Taldera. Nevertheless, the fact that she was not fully Drykas may pose difficulties when he assumed the mantle of Ankal from his father.

But now, here, that conversation could wait. They were alone, a rarity while in Endrykas, and his heart was set on spending it fully enrapt in Khiara. "You are warmth for my body, mind and soul in the icy Cyphrus cold, Khiara." His smile widened, his mood lightened, and he eagerly pulled her closer against him, fingers entwined in her long dark mane, coaxing her to resuming their hungry kiss.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Khiara on February 7th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Warmed by his words, the vantha welcomed him as the drykas wrapped his hands through her hair and pulled her closer. It was electrifying, the effect he had on her, and eagerly she responded. Joined together as one, she comforted him on the cold winter grassland, forgetting for a while the needs of the world and the dangers they could face. As the sun moved across the sky, the clouds on the horizon moved closer. Vsenri nickered softly as he looked at them, and the dogs panted as they watched for danger.

Khiara lay beside Vanator, stroking his hair as she rested. They were covered by the blanket the man had worn on the ride out and dress again in all their winter clothing. The vantha felt languid, and happy watched the clouds coming over.

"The snow is coming, love. It might be time to head back home soon. I don't know if Vsenri can outrun it." Her words were soft, not particulary concerned. A bit of snow was never a problem for herself or the horse. It was Vanator's safety she was most interested in.

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on February 10th, 2011, 6:03 pm

The thin sheen of sweat quickly evaporated from the skin exposed from beneath the blanket, leaving a biting chill. Vanator finally donned his clothes again, reluctant to leave the warm, skin-on-skin embrace with Khiara. Once clothed, the Drykas slid beneath the blanket again next to his wife, his body and mind in a rare relaxed state. As the couple lay on their backs, staring at the graying winter sky, Van's hand slipped to grasp Khiara's. They lay in silence for a long moment, the easing of their labored breathes the only sound the humans made among the noise of the grasslands... wind through the grass, screeching hawk, grazing horse.

Vanator knew Khiara was happy. She had struggled at first when she joined Kashik and he. Living among another people, so far removed from her own, gave the husband reason to worry for his newest wife. But the Vanthan prevailed, and had acclimated to Drykas life rather well. But, again, she was yet to become one of them. That was important to Vanator. His father had taken a Konti wife. Even as an Ankal's wife, Ay'aka was not given the privileges of a full Drykas until she bonded with a Strider and took a Windmark. Eachann's son wanted the same for his Vanthan wife. Van's head turned to look at Khiara, even as she grinned at the looming snow clouds, anticipating the coming flakes like a child.

"I adore you Khi and I want you to have everything... everything that you deserve."
Vanator began, choosing his words carefully, he did not what his wife to feel pressured, or act contrary to her wishes simply to please him. "I want to to be a completely one of us. You are my wife, and deserve to do more than fetch water and clean fire pits with the children." Without a Windmark, Khi had been delegated to chores performed mostly by younger members of the pavilion who had not yet bonded with a Strider. His gazed shifted to her magnificent white stallion. Broad-chested and powerful, the Frostmarch towered over the family's smaller, wiry Striders. Even though Vsenri had seemed to adapt to Cyphrus rather well, he would never be able to keep up with the pavilion's horses, even the Zavians and Kavinkas. But there was no doubt he could navigate heavy snows better than any mount in the herd.

Vanator's head turned again to look upon the exotic young woman. She loved Vsenri like family, would she be willing to even ride another horse? Laying so close, Vanator spoke softly, his warm breath kissing her cheek. "Khi, I know that you love Vsenri, he is as faithful as my own Backlash was. But, you can never be Drykas, if you don't bond with a Strider." Van's tone was as gentle and compassionate as he muster. There was no demand in his voice, but he desperately wanted Khiara to be one with him, in every way. There would always be a stigma, alway that thing that is so important in the life of a Drykas that they could never share if she did not earn a Windmark.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Khiara on February 17th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Glancing away from the clouds, Khiara looked at her husband as he spoke, smiling a little at his desire for her to have everything she...deserved. In her mind, the girl already did, and more. How could she deserve anything more than the happiness she already had?

As he continued, the vantha noticed his gaze shifted to Vsenri, and she turned to look at the stallion, her smile slowly fading. A knot formed in her stomach, and her brow creased slightly as she began to frown in concern. The chores she did with the children were slight, it was true, but Khiara didn't mind. She'd spent most of her life entertaining children, and they were a delight to be around. Plus it was helping one way or another. Kashik was the true woman of the pavallion, and the foriegner had never questioned it. Even as Vanator continued, his breath warm on his cheek, Khiara was shifting up on her arms, pulling away to look at him with concerned golden eyes.

"I don't..Vsenri is...no." Shaking her head, the girl sat up.

"There is more than just love between us. Vsenri was beyond grief when Eliac dissapeared. I knew that if I could reach him, coax him back to me, then I would have saved his life, and part of Eliac. I've travelled through raging blizzards and pouring rain with him. If I didn't have Vsenri, I would have taken my life endless times over, just to ease the pain I felt. It was the guilt of leaving him alone again that kept me going sometimes, and..." Brow furrowed, the brunette stared at the white frostmarch for a moment.

"He's...it's...When I see him, I remember Eliac sitting atop his back, smiling at me. Its comforting, and more than love. I can't just give him up, no more than I could give up an arm, or a leg." Turning back, she looked at the man.

"Or you." In her heart, she knew Vanator was right, but her very soul couldn't just let Vsenri go. Not for an other horse. What would he do, how would he react? They were close companions, reliant on each other for strength and support. Khiara felt dirty even knowing what was being asked of her, as a true drykas woman.

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on February 21st, 2011, 12:28 pm

Vanator's gaze dropped for a moment as Khiara's features darkened in a hurt expression. When his gaze lifted again, her warm lavender eyes had faded to a soft golden hue, the color he knew indicated distress. A sigh escaped and as the Vanthan sat up to look at him, Vanator raised himself up on one elbow, his other hand reaching to brush a stray violet-streaked strand of hair from her face.

"Khi, I would never ask you to give up Vsenri, I know what he is, what he means to you. He has become a part of the pavilion with you." Vanator looked out again to Vsenri, the burly Frostmarch raising his head to look at the man, as if the white stallion knew he was the topic of conversation. Turning back to Khiara, Van sat up, shifting to lean his back against the small tree. Taking his wife's hand, he urged her to lay against him, his arm curling protectively around her.

There was nothing more important to Vanator than being a Drykas, or that he wanted more than for Khiara to become a full member of the clan. He could demand that she abandon Vsenri and seek to bond with a Strider, but Vanator knew it would crush her spirit and forever stain their marriage and their love. He wondered if a bonded Strider would share a rider with a different horse, or if Vsenri would react poorly to Khiara taking a Strider. Van wished Kavala was around. She had a way with horses, as if she could tell what they were thinking.

"What if you didn't have to give up Vsenri? My heart is divided between you and Kash, yet I love you both dearly, and don't you both love me?" It might have been a bit of a stretch to compare their Drykas marriage to the relationship between rider and horse. But among the horse clans, it is very nearly as important. However, the husband did not want his wife to believe his love for her pivoted on her status among his people. Vanator's hand raised to lovingly stroke Khiara's thick , silky hair. "Khi...I could not love you more, no matter what happens."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Khiara on February 27th, 2011, 7:59 pm

frowning still as she laid back against the man, Khiara looked at Vsenri as he looked back. Those deep, soulful eyes spoke of love, trust and friendship. Would the stallion be hurt if she rode another. It was more than just another horse though, and thats what held her back. A strider bonded with their rider, tangled their drykas into the twisted web and gave them a purpose. Vsenri would genuinly fall to the way side...regardless of how much Khiara would want to keep him. How could she do that to him? Still...there was a higher will at work here. The Goddess had lead her here, entwined her into the drykas society and filled her heart with love she had lost. Maybe if she denied this now, she would be denying those plans laid for her.

"I know, you are right. I will talk to him, later. He understands vani and he will understand." Glancing up at the golden man, she searched his face with still worried eyes.

"But Vanator, can I even bond with one of the Striders? I don't even know were to begin."

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on March 5th, 2011, 1:15 pm

Drawing Khiara closer, Vanator sighed. It was not a sigh of frustration, but one borne of contentment. Making love had relaxed every muscle in his body, holding his Vanthan wife close gave peace to his heart, and the anxiety over her place in the pavilion eased somewhat. He turned his head from Vsenri to press a kiss to her head.

"Khi, Vsenri is a strong stallion, in heart as much as in form." In his eyes, Kavala had worked something next to a miracle healing the Frostmarch, who seemed to have little or no permanent effects of his tragic injuries from the summer. The Drykas respected the tenacity and loyalty of the beast, and wished for the powerful white horse to feel accepted within the herd. "I hope he understands that he is a part of us too, that I will forever be indebted to him for taking care of you."

One of the hounds laying nearby in the grass yawned audibly. Ruhl stood and trotted over next to Khiara, laying down again and resting his head on her thigh. The dog too expelled a sigh of laziness. Vanator laughed. "I think you have made another friend in the pavilion!" Avas, not to be left out, drifted over to Vanator's side, plopped down in the dry grass and laid her head on Vanator's leg. The horseman reached down to stroke the hunting hound's head. It was a precious moment that he savored. Van smiled. This moment would be absolutely perfect if his Kashik could be curled up with them. But moments like this alone with Khiara would most likely be few once Spring came and Kashik gave birth to their child.

The Drykas' mind drifted to Dhanya and her...their twins. His hearted ached dully. He had made grave mistakes. The Kelvic and her children were his family too, or could have been. But the circumstances were complex and wrought with emotional pitfalls. His father would not readily accept Dhanya or her children. Kashik would be enraged if the Kelvic's son was given the title of heir above her own. And then there was the hurt and betrayal over Khiara, Dhanya's best friend, now wed to the father of her children. In the end, the woman declared she would keep and raise the twins on her own. It was true, a part of him seemed to be ripped away when Dhanya left again with his son and daughter. Vanator knew his lack of self-control had done terrible damage. It had altered Dhanya's life forever, destroyed a friendship, and left two children without a home or father. He would see them again, he knew, they would return. But a deep sadness overtook him, for those children would not return until their mother passed on.

Van's arm around Khiara drew even tighter, drawing warmth and comfort from her presence and the press of her against him. One day, he hoped, they too would have children. How beautiful they would be. His hand moved to her chin, gently lifting it so he could see the brilliant pools of scintillating colors in her eyes. "Khiara, I love you. I hope our children have your eyes."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Khiara on March 9th, 2011, 11:48 am

Khiara smiled as the hound lay his head on her thigh, reaching to stroke behind his ears. The moment, here and now, forgetting about the past and the future..was perfection. As Vanator pulled her close, the vantha allowed him to turn her head gently so she could meet his gold flecked gaze. The love and adoration she found in his eyes and his words gave her butterflies, and her cheeks reddened a little as she smiled.

"They would be touched by the Goddess if they did, although they may not thank her for it. Sometimes, you drykas are lucky. You can be afraid, or in love...and not have to cover your eyes to hide it. I've nothing to hide, but...privacy is nice sometimes." True to their nature, her eyes shifted towards a lavender hue, and the young brunette searched his gaze.

"And then on the other side, it makes it harder sometimes to know what your thinking. Your face might be calm, but really your in turmoil." Sighing a little, Khiara's smile turned almost bashful and her cheeks darkened further.

"Children...are a nice thought. In the future...with you. And Kashik. In Endrykas."

Khiara
Player

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on March 14th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Vanator loved to watch Khiara's eyes shift in color, the feathery texture of her irises changing hue like a pigment poured onto a swatch of fabric. It fascinated him, and sweetened the joy of looking into her gentle, soft gaze. At times the Drykas husband felt like he took advantage of the Vanthan trait. Khiara was right, her eyes betrayed what was in her heart, at least her mood. Not that Kashik was any more difficult to read, his first wife was quite open with her feelings and opinions, something Van rather appreciated.

"Khi, I pray that our children do have your gorgeous eyes. Mine are the color of dirt." Van laughed, leaning down to press a kiss to Khiara's lips. "And as far as knowing what I am thinking, well, I need to keep you guessing, keep you on your toes!"

Vsenri raised his head from the grass, just seeming to notice the humans and dogs lounging by the tree. The great white stallion strolled closer to the four of them cuddled together against the cold. The Frostmarch looked at Khi and Van, snorted and lowered his head to resume grazing.

Vanator pulled Khiara closer against him, the hounds shifting to keep their headrests in reach. The sweat they had worked up earlier had evaporated and his skin longed for warmth. Looking out over the dry grass, watching a distant herd of antelope on a low rise, Van thought about Khiara. She was selfless, humble and a loving wife. He had begun to take that for granted. She served the pavilion faithfully, helped Kashik in any way she could. Surely his young wife had desires and plans for herself, things she wanted to do. Van spoke up inquisitively. "Khi, what do you want, for yourself."
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext