[Skill] Fishing: (WIP)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is where all lore articles are created, edited, noted on, and basically worked up. Feel free to comment, but please do so in the Lore Discussion forum, not here. Remember these lore articles are all WIP. Once the authors feel they are ready to be posted for Peer Review, they can be moved to the Peer Review forum. Lore articles should be a complete first draft before they goe to Peer Review.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 22nd, 2016, 6:06 pm

Article Author(s): Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Article: Fishing

Peer Review Thread:

Founder Review Thread:

Contents:

1. Synopsis
2. History
3. Prerequisites and Related Skills
4. The Times to go Fishing
5. Techniques
6. Tools
7. Skill Progression

OOC-This is just the outline. I'm researching all of the other stuff right now. :)
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 23rd, 2016, 4:14 am, edited 6 times in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Skill] Fishing: (WIP)-Synopsis

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 22nd, 2016, 9:37 pm

1. Synopsis:

Fishing is simple. One can simply take a boat out and sail out at sea and fish. Simple as is. Though, but there are drawbacks of fishing and one has to know the majority of the tricks and techniques to survive while out fishing. Fishing can be a dangerous occupation, but a lot can be learned from it as well. So keep a sharp eye out my friends. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Skill] Fishing: (WIP)-History

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 22nd, 2016, 10:05 pm

HISTORY

Fishing dates back to generations from even Pre Valterrian to the current. Through hard work and a lot of concentration. Fishing, however, can be considered one of the first skills in survival that have been learned by man and traversed throughout the many races of Mizahar.

It was first implemented into the natures of MIzahar with just a reel and a rod. A basic tool for catching the fish that dwell within the seas of Mizahar. The tool known as the net, had been introduced as well to the system of fishing. The responsibility of fishing became loads easier as the fish were easier to catch. As those who progressed in the ability they would be more likely to catch the fish in the most furthest parts of the sea instead of off the shore fishing.

No one knows when the fishing responsibility had become constructed, but now as fishing is being more commonly used by the locals of Mizahar. There are new ways and techniques out there that have been produced. But, only those willing to learn of the fishing responsibility can know the ins and outs of the fishing job. Easier said then done, though. That is for sure.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Skill] Fishing: (WIP)-Prerequisites and Related Skills

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 22nd, 2016, 10:59 pm

Prerequisites and Related Skills

Prerequisites: There are no requirements besides the basic purchases of the tools used for fishing. That is mainly about it.

Related Skills:
Hunting
Observation
Sailing
Food Preservation
Land Navigation
Scouting
Tracking
Trapping
Survival: Ocean

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Skill] Fishing: (WIP)-Fishing Times

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 23rd, 2016, 3:06 am

Fishing Times

Spring:The fish have a tendency to be out. But, not as much in the morning than at night. Best bring your gear later in the evening. That is usually when feeding time occurs. So prepare the bait and get to fishin' my friends.

Summer: The fish are active. From dawn-dusk. Avoid those scorching days, whew burning hot! Burnin.'

Fall:Since the tough of the cool fall days slightly harm the mornings and the late afternoons of Mizahar. The coolness fades away at night though, fortunately. The fish would be a bit more active while the Dusk is awake. That's when to go fishing.

Winter:Not usually the best time for fishing since we all know in Mizahar of those frigid winter nights. It is recommended though, for them ice fishers. Go get them fish guys!

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Skill] Fishing: Placeholder (Techniques)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 23rd, 2016, 3:35 am

Placeholder For Techniques:

1. Basic hand fishing. One must use their hand eye coordination to determine and successfully execute catching the fish with your hands. It's easy to teach beginners and all one has to do is simply pick up the basic seafood that lie around the shore.

Example Seafood:
Seashells
Clams
Lobster (Be careful though)
Crabs
Shellfish can also be used to be picked up as well. But, those are more inhabitant within the tidal waves on the outer most parts of the shore.

Spearfishing:

This technique can get easier with the practice. When one thinks of a spear, the manner of which it comes to mind is thought as a weapon. Not all tools can be weapons per say, unless, one has Mastered it's weaponary. So, without further ado, spearfishing. Spearfishing was dated just as far back as hand gathering. In fact, one of the first tools used to capture seafood, out at sea. It is difficult for Novices as a starting technique, though with the practice of the spear handling it would be much easier.

Items and Tools:

Speargun: Notorious for the fishermen who drive out to sea on boat. This tool can be used to catch large sized fish.

Spear: Obviously known for its technique. Used against fish that are out of reach. Easy to use and built with a long makeshift pole crafted with a metal spear tip. Sharp and keen.

Knives: This tool/weapon can be quite useful if say your speargun had been misfired and caught onto a branch or intwined with some other miscellaneous sea nature. Also, if the Float or the Floatline becomes tangled it would help to cut off the string.

Float: This tool is useful for casting out and entrapping almost large fish. It is more commonly used as a marker for where the school of fish tend to be. Be careful of the floatline though.

Floatline: This is just a slightly thick string tied to the buoy and the boat. There is a sinker which is used to keep the float/buoy at bay and not drift off.

Gloves: Gloves are favoured by the fishing men and women. It is good to keep your hands fairly protected against either the knippy weather or even when the string pulls to fast.

Netting:

Angling:

Trapping:
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 29th, 2016, 1:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Skill] Fishing: Tools (Placeholder)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 23rd, 2016, 3:39 am

Tools

Item One:
image would go here----

Item Two:
Image would go here

Item Three:
Image would go here

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Skill] Fishing: Progression (Placeholder)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 23rd, 2016, 3:43 am

Skill Progression

Novice: (1-25)
Text...

Competent: (26-50)
Text...

Expert: (51-75)
Text...

Master: (76-100)
Text...

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vellichor on April 26th, 2016, 9:41 pm

Approved

Looks like a great start.
I see some things that can be dealt with later in peer review but go ahead and write it up.
Vellichor
Promoting weapons of mass creation

Words: 25755
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2016, 3:09 am
Race: Staff account

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 26th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Thank you Vellichor. I'll get back to working on it right away! :)

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes