Closed Capture (Garland)

Garland and Sayana have an interesting encounter with slavers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Capture (Garland)

Postby Sayana on May 15th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Spring 71, 516 AV

There was a wisp of smoke in the distant, faint, but distinctly there. It was not yet dark, but it was definitely cooling down for the evening and Syna shone brightly in her slow descent. Sayana pulled the reins of her horse in the direction of the smoke, and kept glancing up through the trees as she headed down a game trail within the Bronze Woods. Even as she neared the source of the smoke she began noticing signs of hoof prints and freshly snapped branches. There was even trampled undergrowth and something that looked like half a boot print. There were definitely people this way.

She gave her horse another nudge with her knees and it nickered as a couple tents came into view. There was a crackle of fire, but it seemed oddly empty… With a frown, she dismounted and held the reins to her white mare with a high hand. Her black robe kept her other limbs out of sight with only her highs utilizing the sleeves. But as always, she kept several daggers at her hip, ready for her mids or lows to grasp in an instant.

Suddenly, she felt cold steel at her throat. A voice spoke from behind.

“Well well, look what we have here.”

She pushed hard the hand that held the knife, just enough to face her attacker but he reacted swiftly and soon had the knife to her throat again. However, in that moment, she had managed to draw her own dagger which she brought round to rest upon the back of his neck. For a tick or two, it seemed like a stalemate but then the man gave a nod. At least five bows came into view, all with arrows knocked and ready to draw. She had walked into a trap.

“Now, we aren’t going to do you any harm if you come willingly and hand over your weapons.” The first man spoke, clearly the leader of the small group. “You’ll sell for much better unscathed.”

Slavers. She didn’t think she’d get captured like this. But, she didn’t think she’d actually get captured at all.

“I think you’ve misjudged me,” Sayana spoke with a slight cough and teasing lilt to her voice. “I’m not a slave. I’m a buyer. I have funds to prove it.”

“So you’re an extra profitable slave, are you?” The leader goaded. “Money as a slave, and money in your pocket.”

During the banter, Sayana had silently drawn four throwing daggers from within her black robe using her mid and low hands. “Or,” she replied slowly, “I’m a client who you’d rather treat respectfully unless you’d like to lose several of your men in the process of my capture.” By then she had opened up her black robe and had the four smaller daggers drawn and in sight.

At this point he hesitated, thinking the situation over. “How much money do you have on you? And what sort of slave are you looking for? Pickings are slim here since it’s tricky to get past the knighthood. But we’ve got a couple in the tent, and one just captured today. He should be waking up soon.”

“I’ve got a good 500 gold on me, and more back home,” Sayana answered. “As for the slave…” She paused a moment considering what she would even want. She certainly hadn’t come here looking to make such a purchase but it might be simpler to part with the money than face the archers and however many others were here. “I’m looking for someone strong and fit. Someone for… trying out some torture techniques.”

At last the leader gave a nod and the bows lowered. He lessened the pressure of the knife and Sayana also withdrew her weapons. “I think we have just the slave for you.”

He led the Eypharian around to one of the crude tents. They looked like they might be easy to pack up in a hurry. When he opened the tent flap, she would see the recently captured slave bound with his wrists behind his back. Manacles were on both his ankles and wrists for the time being and any weapons had been removed. However, it wasn’t the items of confinement that she noticed. It was the slave’s face. The slavers had captured Garland.

Even as she fought to keep the surprise off her own face, the lead slaver spoke. “Sturdy build. I’m sure he could take most any torture technique you choose. Unless you plan to take him to the brink of death and back. He’s good with a sword and has a fighting spirit. So keep your weapons close. His opening price is 1000 gold mizas.”

Had she not been so surprised at her old friend being here and in chains, Sayana might have whistled at the price. Even so, one thousand mizas was not something she could casually part with.

OOCFeel free to roleplay the lead up to Garland's capture, and use any of the NPCs.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Capture (Garland)

Postby Garland on May 16th, 2016, 8:03 am

Garland was in chains, not really injured unless you count his pride. He groaned and coughed as he stood up, well not stand up but push himself from the ground.

This wasn't the first time he was drugged, and the feeling of whatever poison was injected into him felt the same, the dry throat, and the groggy feeling after waking up.

Garland tried moving his arms, only instead he felt the cold iron clasps on his wrists, and ankles. He tried breaking free but these manacles weren't cheap or brittle, these were well-crafted and taken care of.

How did it come to this again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a few bells since a Garland and his group had ventured into the bronze woods. There were two knights in the group and four squires, three loud obnoxious squires to be exact.

Garland had been in the woods far too many times to know that loud, and annoying noises just makes you an easy target for whatever creature is lurking in these woods.

The knights were only a little better than the squires, they kept as quiet as they could in metal armor, they were fresh off their promotion from squires, this should have been a routine patrol.

Still Garland had been observing his surroundings, something was off. He would see flashes of black through the trees on the corner of his eye, but he could never get a good look of whatever was following them.

"Sers, we're being followed. You three at the back, shut up." Garland called out, and drew his blade and shield. The others looked around, seeing nothing and simply looked over to Garland.

"You're being paranoid. There's nothing here, it was probably just an elk or deer." One of the knights said and started walking back to their patrols.

"For petch's sake." Garland muttered and looked over to the trees. A black shadow darted from tree to tree, keeping silent and hidden. There was definitely something out there.

Just then, two tiny darts rushed out from the thickness of the trees and struck the two knights in the neck. The two knights slowly fell down to their knees and promptly fell into a deep sleep,

The squires only heard a loud thud and watched as the two knights fell down with a loud thud and fell asleep on the ground.

The squires ran forward to the knights and looked them over. Just then, several masked men walked out the woods and brandished their blades.

"No listen. I suggest you all come along quietly, Pillowsap is expensive after all." One of the masked men called out. "It would be a shame to damage the merchandise. Drop your weapons and no one gets hurt."

The squires nervously looked around, shields raised and hands quivering. Garland simply stared at the masked men with a careful eye. There were more of them here than meets the eye. There was no way they could beat them all.

"Do as he says." Garland said and threw down his sword and shield. Garland grumbled looked over to the masked man talking.

"Good lad, now on your knees."

The other squires looked worried and threw down their weapons as well, and kneeled down as well.

Garland turned to the others and whispered. "When I start a distraction, I want you to run as fast as you can to Syliras and get another detachment here as soon as you can."

"Knights my arse, these kids are pussies. Get the sacks and irons, we've got ourselves a big haul today." Two others with chains and sacks came forward and took the two sleeping knights.

Then, one came for Garland. As the masked man was about to put a sack over his head, Garland sprang up from his kneeling and threw a heavy punch to the man's gut.

Garland then grabbed the dagger he had hidden in his boot and proceeded to stab the man right in the throat. "Go! Now!"

The other squires scrambled up and started running like madmen.

They're gonna get lost in the forest... Petching hai, should have brought Tryn, that horse is smarter than those lot...

Garland picked up his sword and shield and saw that a few of them started moving towards him with blades drawn. Garland stepped back and planted his feet firmly on the ground.

Garland made sure to cover his face, now he wished he brought a helmet or something to cover his face.

He needed to keep moving. A few of the bandits were running pass Garland and were about to give chase to the others. "No you don't." Garland threw himself between the running squires and the bandits.

"Come on. You'll need everyone here to beat me. I'm worth ten times those two morons over there." He boasted and swung his sword at one of the men trying to get pass him.

One of the masked men thought he was out of Garland's reach and he could run pass him. He was wrong, the blade embedded itself right on the man's stomach, and Garland pulled back the blade, making the man gurgle and wince as his guts started pooling out of the wound.

Another man attacked Garland's legs while he was distracted, finding a small opening in his armor and forcing Garland to kneel. Garland growled and rolled forward, behind a tree.

Garland pulled himself up and threw his shield up instinctively. A heavy clang sounded out, like a hammer hitting a piece of metal. They were prepared to fight armored knights.

Garland shoved the man that attacked him back, and then lunged forward and thrust his blade deep into the man's chest. The leather armor they were wearing only slowed down the blade as Garland pushed it deep.

Garland looked up and saw three more figures appear from the trees, and bows aimed directly at him.

"That's quite enough." Who appeared to be the leader said. A dart from the side hit Garland in the neck while he was distracted.

"Petch! Not again!" Garland yelled and felt himself get weak already, his muscles started feeling numb and his vision started going.

"Get the others. Hunt them down like dogs."

"Petch... you!" Garland growled and fell to the ground, unwillingly falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right, I petched shyke up, as usual.

Just as Garland was done having his little flashback, the tent flaps opens, revealing two people, one Garland recognizes as the leader and another who he remembers to be his old friend.

He must be dreaming.

Then he heard her voice, that was Sayana, no doubt. Then he heard how much he was worth. "I'm worth how much? I'm in the wrong business..." He muttered and sighed. "I'm dreaming aren't I? Because I'm seeing someone I haven't seen in seasons."

"You know him?" The slaver said, two guards were right outside the tent and had crossbows aimed right at Sayana. "I find your lack of honesty to be disappointing."

"I'm gonna ripe out your petching tongue if you don't stop talking. Hurt her, and you die." Garland growled and even though he was on the ground and bound, he still emitted an intimidating aura.

The slaver didn't flinch and instead threw a strong punch across Garland's face. "995 mizas then."

Garland spat at the slaver's shoes. "I dare you to bring your finger near my face again." He grinned, he still thought this was a dream.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Capture (Garland)

Postby Sayana on May 16th, 2016, 10:39 pm

Sayana quirked an eyebrow at the crossbows pointed at her, but didn’t seem unsettled by them. She’d have plenty of time to prove her case. Meanwhile Garland was being… Garland. She smiled at the strong punch to his face, knowing that she was under much scrutiny at the moment.

“I dare you to bring your finger near my face again.”

“I would,” Sayana spoke up despite not being Garland’s intended target. “Except I would not stoop so low to punch your face, slave.” Her lips curved into a smile as she took a step forwards then slammed her right boot towards his face with a swift sideways kick.

She laughed as she took a couple steps backwards, making it hard for him to retaliate. A couple others sniggered at the scene. “And that was for presuming to know me, you insolent slave.”

The crossbows still remained out, but the owners of them certainly relaxed after the display. Now that Sayana had the spotlight, she didn’t want to lose it too quickly. “So slave.” She spoke as she looked down at where Garland lay. “Are you going to start calling me ‘friend’ next? Or ‘lover’?” She goaded sarcastically and looked to some of the guards and the leader himself. She managed to elicit a bit of laughter before continuing. “I have never met you before, nor seen your filthy face. And that’s probably for the better since your face won’t look the same any more once I’m through with you.”

She paused a moment. She was pretty certain she had the slavers on her side but she wanted to make certain. “Up you get slave. Now.” Sayana barked. “Now who wants to see me give him a lesson about how to pick his ‘friends’?” She emphasized the last word in an exaggerated manner so that she might discredit anything further he might say about their past relationship.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Capture (Garland)

Postby Garland on May 17th, 2016, 5:55 am

Garland reeled back from the kick and landed right on his back on the hard ground. There was a look of betrayal and anger and confusion on his face, as he looked up at what he once thought to be his friend.

He groaned and looked around, moving his jaw slowly, feeling it crack and pop. A lot can change in a few seasons of not seeing each other, showing any kind of weakness here would mean trouble.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I thought you looked like someone else. Someone less ugly." Garland gave a smirk hiding his withering stare at Sayana. "Meaning I wouldn't feel bad when I break your leg and burn your eventually uglier face." He didn't really mean it, though he was thinking about it.

Garland stood up, and tugged on his shackles. "You're lucky I can't move in these things." He looked over to the slaver leader and gave a cocky smile. "You're not a very good slaver are you? Can't even keep your 'slaves' in check."

"So should I start calling you 'mistress' or 'bitch' either way works." Garland stared with a searing gaze at Sayana, he was looking for a sign that this person wasn't her or if she was, had some sort of plan. If not? She still had a history with him, that didn't mean she wouldn't leave unscathed if she did betray his trust.

"Does he ever shut up?" The slaver groaned and directed it to another slave farther back into the tent, one of the knights from before.

The knight stared at the man, studying his movements and facial features. "No."

Garland looked around and only just noticed someone else behind him. Other slaves, not a lot, but there were slaves. A woman, a young man, and a child.

"Maybe, you should teach this slave manners before picking his 'friends'."

"I'm not talking to you, shykebag." Garland looked over to Sayana and stared passively at her. "Don't hold back or maybe you'll get a boot to your gut, 'mistress'."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Capture (Garland)

Postby Sayana on May 17th, 2016, 11:25 pm

The look Garland gave her was almost enough for her to break character. But fortunately a half smirk combined with a smile was an easy expression to maintain. His claim to break her leg and face was almost laughable in this situation. He was the one in chains, not her. And when the squire met her in a piercing stare, she hardly flinched and kept her eyes steady with a cold stare of her own.

At the slaver’s comment, Sayana replied, “I think I will teach this slave some manners. I can’t say I’ve had the pleasure of breaking in a slave from start to finish. You say he’s as fresh as they come? Maybe he’ll learn a few words like ‘please’ and ‘thank you mistress’.”

With Garland’s challenge she only smiled more broadly. “I think you’d trip over your own feet before managing to get a kick in.” She replied with a smirk, clearly referencing the chains that bound his ankles.

“Would someone care to take my robe?” She spoke in an off-hand way. Within a tick or two, her six arms were in clear view and no longer hindered by the garment. At her hip were at least half a dozen daggers and her red top and beige pants were a mix of style and practicality.

“Now what did you say about not holding back?” With two steps forwards she put the weight of her body into the punch she aimed at his stomach. She didn’t want to break any ribs, but she still wanted to give the slavers a good show. Her next blow was a hook towards the side of his head with her left high.

“Your first lesson, slave, is how to beg. Because by the time I’m done with you, you will be begging for mercy. And of course, addressing me properly as your mistress. Then once you can beg like a dog, you’ll be able to kiss my boots like a dog.” At this she let out a light airy laugh.

If he was still standing she would aim another punch for his stomach, this time with her left mid. She wanted to see him double over with the impact and she knew he’d last longer with multiple punches rather than with cuts from her dagger.

“But maybe you’re getting tired of being beaten up by a woman,” she spoke loudly, clearly for the benefit of her audience. “Maybe you’d like a break so I can try out one of the other slaves.” She gave a nod in the direction of the slaves behind him and followed up with a grin.

She had spotted them earlier and knew that if she did attempt to pull an escape with Garland, he would probably want to free any other slaves at the same time. However, that’s where they would conflict since she had no intension of putting her own escape in jeopardy to help the others that were there. Sure, she’d let Garland go back for them later once it was all over, but if he wanted to try to flee with extra baggage weighing them down… And so she needed to know whether these were just other people to Garland, or whether they were close friends or relatives who he would stop at nothing to protect.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Capture (Garland)

Postby Garland on May 18th, 2016, 1:53 am

When she said something about saying please and thank you, he merely smiled a cocky grin. "I know how to say please. Please, I beg you to shut up and get this over with." He stood up, keeping his body fluid for when she threw her punch, it wouldn't do as much damage.

As she threw her punch, he could feel that she wasn't holding back, or at least gave it all she thought Garland could take. Garland got the wind knocked out of him and he lurched forward, and then another punch to his head, he stumbled briefly before stabilizing himself

He spat at the ground and straightened himself, even though he was a slave right now, he still looked like an intimidating force. "That all you got? I've fought kids stronger than you!"

She then threw another punch aimed at his gut. He held his ground, yet he could feel his knees grow a bit weary. "Ah~ That's a good wake up call. So did you already start? I wasn't paying attention." He laughed shook it off.

The other slaves? Not gonna happen.

"Getting tired of being beaten up by a woman? Are you admitting women are weaker than men then?" He didn't notice it much, but he did avoid Sayana's gaze for a bit, looking for some way to escape.

If his hands were bound in the front, he could escape much easier. "Are you planning on buying all of them? Hey slaver, are you really going to let her damage the merchandise?"

The man just quirked an eyebrow and stared at Garland. He looked over to the guards. "Given time, he will break, though if he proves too rowdy, I think it may be best to put him down. There are other calmer alternatives."

With a small smile Garland started pacing back and forth. "How long is this gonna take? I'm getting bored."

"Of course, I may have an offer for you, madame. Give me a few days, and I'd have two others waiting, a young boy and girl barely a year old... Twins." With that the man gave a grin towards Garland.

Garland visibly tensed and started tugging on his chains. "Oh? Who do you have in mind?" He asked, though his voice audibly croaked as he said that.

"I would give you a deal for them, 250 for each child, breaking them early is much easier than breaking them when they've grown wouldn't you say?"

"Also more work, wouldn't it be more cost effective to wait until they were old enough for manual labor?" Garland said, his voice was cracking now, and his hands were shaking behind his back.

Garland gave a look towards Sayana, a look of fear and pleading was on his face, though it was still covered with a thin layer of a smile. "So are you buying me or what?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Capture (Garland)

Postby Sayana on May 18th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Yes, he was a fighter. Even if her punches hurt, which she was sure they did, he was strong enough to keep making snide remarks. She kept up her smile, seemingly unconcerned. When she spoke of the other slaves, Garland reacted, but not all that much. But when negotiations moved on to a pair of young children, he seemed to visibly pale. Good. He wasn’t attached to his fellow slaves. And the children…. Were they his? She did a quick mental calculation and, yes, they would be just short of a year if they were his. Unless he had another dear friend who had also had kids. But both a girl and a boy… However she didn’t stop to think about it much longer, instead directing her attention to the slaver.

“Two hundred and fifty gold mizas for each? I might be a buyer, but I’m not stupid.” Sayana retorted sharply. “If they are not even a year old, I’d probably price them at… fifty gold. Together. I also think you’ve got this one priced too high as well.” She added, with a nod in Garland’s direction. “Does he have some sort of hidden talent that you haven’t told me about? I like him, he’s got spirit, but three hundred would be much more acceptable.”

The lead slaver didn’t seem too happy about her negotiations. He had been hoping to make a good profit out of his stock. “He’s more than what meets the eye. Plus, he wasn’t easy to catch.”

“All the more reason why you’d want to get rid of him and sell him. Instead of jacking up your prices. Listen, how about this. I’ll put down one hundred mizas now, and you give me the keys to his manacles. Call it a deposit. I’ll spend the night getting to know him, and make sure he’s worth my time and mizas. Then tomorrow I’ll come back with the rest of the money. Like I said, I only brought five hundred with me, and in a bell or two it’s going to start getting dark.”

It was a strange concept to the slaver, and for a tick it seemed like he was debating her validity as a buyer. However, soon greed won out. It would also save him the trouble of having to discipline a new slave. From Sayana’s perspective, she didn’t especially want to part with too much money if she could help it. And once she handed over anything, she wasn’t guaranteed to get it back. It would also be easier to make the escape at night and if she was already within the camp then she would just need to sneak out of it, instead of sneaking in as well.

“Clear out one of the tents for the lady. We’ll be having her as a guest tonight.” The leader announced and soon produced the key to Garland’s shackles. True to her word, Sayana came up with the money she had agreed upon and the deposit was paid. Even though it might have seemed like an easy ruse, the lead slaver would surely have guards on watch the moment they were within the tent.

“Come on slave.” Sayana spoke harshly to Garland and reached up to grab a handful of his hair behind his head and push him forcefully towards to the tent. She gestured for the return of her robe while she was at it. When they had both made it into the tent alone with the flap closed down, she yanked his head back hard and held a dagger to his throat. As she stared into his eyes she started gathering djed within her, feeling its power within her and getting ready to harness it. Timing would be important to make things work just right.

“Now slave, I want you to do exactly as I say.” Sayana spoke and focused in on a single thought, a suggestion that she would harness with her djed. It’s safer to act, to pretend. As she caught his eyes and stared him down, she released her magic in a piercing way into his very soul. The suggestion from the hypnotism might not be immediately noticed, but she hoped it would reach him. She knew she couldn’t speak to him directly in such circumstances, because the thin bit of fabric would not hide their voices with any certainty. This was the closest she could get to truly speaking with him and if he spoke anything aloud that hinted that she was going soft on him, she would surely slap him and change her tactics.

“I want you to scream. Scream as I cut into your flesh.” The dagger that she held at his throat slowly traced over his skin. But the pressure was light and did not cause any harm. “Tell me how you like my knife under your skin and in your flesh. You have no pride slave. Beg for me.” She continued tracing the weapon over his body, but only miming where the cuts might have been placed. She didn’t even rip the clothes that he wore. However, if he remained quiet, she would shortly give him a slap to the face with one of her free hands.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Capture (Garland)

Postby Garland on May 19th, 2016, 1:41 am

Garland kept quiet as they walked out, not even Sayana pulling on his hair made him react, he was busy thinking, slowly piecing together how the petch they knew about his kids.

He looked back into the tent briefly, twisting his head around and making Sayana's hair tugging a bit more painful, still there was something wrong. There was only one knight there, the others looked like they've been broken a long time now.

Where was the other one? Then how did they know the route they were talking? How did they know about him? About his kids? As they were walking through the camp, he spotted a familiar face in the camp, the other knight, he seemed like he was having a great time, a pocket full of coins and a mug of ale in his hand.

"YOU SON OF A PETCHING SHYKE WHORE!" He screamed and broke away from Sayana, he tried to ran at him, if needed he would beat him to submission with his forehead, but he never got that far, he tripped over his own bindings and landed face first into the dirt.

One of the guard of the camp came over and gave him a quick kick in the guts. "Get up, slave-meat."

Garland stood up slowly and threw the strongest headbutt he had ever given to the guard in front of him, sending the man back reeling with a bloody nose, and then the guard felt disoriented from the force of the headbutt and promptly feel over and started stumbling around like a newborn fawn. Garland grumbled and walked back to Sayana.

With that, they made it to the tent. Garland didn't really care what she would do to him, he wasn't paying attention to her at all. He didn't care about the djed in her hand or the dagger on his throat, he was thinking of revenge, torture, and death to the traitor.

The slowest agonizing death he could imagine. Maybe leave him alive as a blind crippled begger, that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Though he became a bit lightheaded and had a sudden urge to scream. It was a scream of frustration and anger mixed in with Sayana's annoying dagger that was pressed lightly on his skin.

Though whatever Sayana was saying was drowned out by his own thoughts, would he return to Syliras, saying he escaped but failed to rescue the others? would he join the slavers? Has he been doing this for a long time or just now?

He struggled to break his bindings, the rest of the camp can go to hai, he needed to get back as soon as possible. Garland pretended to get punched in the stomach and he lurched forward towards Sayana's ear, whispering. "Help."
Last edited by Garland on May 19th, 2016, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Capture (Garland)

Postby Sayana on May 19th, 2016, 3:47 am

It took Sayana a moment or two to connect the dots when Garland raged at the knight. But sure enough, here was a knight in a slaver’s camp who sat clearly unperturbed by the events going on around him. Had the knight led Garland into the trap himself? Had there been others? She wondered how the knight had managed to accomplish it so successfully without alerting the knighthood of the corruption taking place. Clearly Garland hadn’t known of it before now.

But Garland’s attempts merely landed him in the dirt. Sayana maintained her role with a snigger as one of the guards kicked the squire in the gut. She was surprised at the power of his headbutt, but again he found himself on the ground. He was certainly furious at that knight.

When they made it to the tent, Sayana was somewhat displeased that the squire didn’t catch on to her ruse. But at the same time, he didn’t act in a way that went against it. He was quiet for most of the time except when he finally pretended to reel with a punch. It was only then that he whispered to her. It was only one word, but it was enough to determine a lot about him. He still had faith in her despite her actions and he thought that she might help him.

Wordlessly, she held up a finger and gave a brief nod, acknowledging his plea.

“By the time it’s nightfall you’ll wish you had never been born, slave.” Sayana spoke, emphasizing the time in which she planned for them to escape the camp. She was still rather paranoid about being overheard and preferred to stay in character than let an idle guard grow suspicious.

“Now tell me what you know about this traitor knight. He really set you off, didn’t he? He must be very good at blending in with the knighthood.” Her tone suggested that she was baiting Garland, but if this knight was going to be on their ‘to-do list’ during their escape, it would be helpful to know as much as she could. So far it seemed like they would have three priorities: escape, retrieve Sayana’s deposit money, and do something against this knight.

OOCWe could cut to nightfall for the next post, if you like. Sayana will prefer not to vocally plan anything, but by the time it grows dark she’ll have a plan of sorts formed in her mind.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Capture (Garland)

Postby Garland on May 19th, 2016, 6:55 am

That nod was all he needed to know that Sayana was at least helping him get out of here. "This knight? Don't really know him that well, kept to himself. I think his name was Ser Shykebag or something... Oh wait, no. His name is Greveth, kind of a dick but respectable before, now I see that he would make a great target for an arrow or a training dummy? Wouldn't you think?"

He gave a weak smile, and told whatever else he could about the knight, though he didn't know personally, it was no secret that Garland had kids, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he knew about them.

-----------------------------

A few bells have passed, and it was night now. Garland had been enduring Sayana's 'torture', everything she did, she seemed to know what she was doing, but she was faking actually hurting him.

Garland had been loosening up his muscles as best he could while in chains and bound. He needed to leave now, he would come back later for the slaves but his the most important thing right now is him getting back home and making sure his kids are safe.

Garland had no armor, no weapons, and the only weapons he had were his fists and strong metal manacles that can be used for strangulation. Garland gave a wink towards Sayana and flew back outside the tent, looking as if he had just been kicked in the gut and sent back.

He pretended to curl in pain, and groan lightly, acting as if he had no energy left to argue, or fight back.

There were guards watching the tent from the campfire in the middle of the camp, away from where Sayana had taken Garland. The knight from before was no where to be seen.

Garland pushed himself up, there was no one here that could overhear their conversation, apparently with Garland's scream of agony from before and now believe Sayana to be a buyer without a doubt.

Garland walked back in the tent and whispered. "No one's outside, but there are a few slavers looking this way, we have to wait for a few more chimes, but at least we can talk somewhat freely now. Firstly, when the heck did you come back to Syliras?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next