PM to join The Metal-Armed Woman

Epifanio finds a strange woman walking the streets of Avanthal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 6th, 2016, 6:06 am

Title and Date

Epifanio was particularly fond of Eisen, his gamba. He had carried it everywhere with him, and treated her with the utmost respect. The same way that he intended to treat Aliana. He respected her for her craft, and above all else was surprised when she apologized to him. She didn’t seem the sort to doing such a thing. If anything his first impression of her is that she burned just as much with a fiery tone as the flames she wielded.

Those flames, Those sparks. It was something enough to muse him. A muse gathered by the distinct tone of her emotions, and he knew her now to be more complex than what he originally thought. “You haven’t upset me.” He said as acting out a smile. It was part of his routine, but smiles comforted others, this much he knew.

He wanted to comfort her through her craft, as it seemed she was a bit distraught from Kenava. “You know, there is this tale that wishes can come true. You see on a certain night a star will fall I would show you so you could wish, but any fool can show you the stars. I can make them dance…” His words were slow, and carefully thought out. The tension within the room seemed to dwindle, and his mellow tone seemed to work in his favour as she asked what he did for his work.

Walking over to Eisen he released her from her cage. Her elegance and beauty was by far alluring and enchanting. Carefully he set the gamba between his legs as he sat on a nearby chair. “Nevermind me, Aliana. I will show you what I do for work. Let my music enchant your heart for your own.”

Taking bow out and gently smirking up at Aliana, the forge-room started to sound off with music which was a result to Aliana. Her whole being seemed to move him to a muse that despite being improvisation was beautiful, just as her.

As bow met string on a lighter tone he worked diligentally as Aliana would most likely be running the forge once again. Music met with the tones of metal and fire. The result was unbecoming. With every movement of his body against Eisen, she sounded off with delightful tones of complexity. Slowly closing his eyes, Epifanio envisioned Aliana. Her looks, her strength, and her personality. It all sounded off in the improvisation.

When the music was finally done, Epifanio said not a word. He sat there, waiting for her reaction. He wasn’t sure about what she would do, but he did know that sometimes playing an instrument so passionately could be awkward. He didn’t mind it in the least. If anything else he would act his way out of the awkwardness, and if she didn’t like it – though his feeling may be hurt and be reflected in his eye colors, he would try to hide the fact.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Words: 96514
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 12:05 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Avanthal Seasonal Challenge (1)

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on August 6th, 2016, 5:53 pm

☾ Title and Date ☽

Watching the man walk across the room Aliana was curious as to what he was doing. The large instrument was new to the woman. She had never seen something so large aside from the bellows needed to run the forge. Listening for several chimes her eyes slid closed allowing herself to relax. Smiling softly the woman looked to the man when he finished and looked to her. He had gotten into the playing without even knowing it. Taking all the pieces of the flute Aliana got a long piece of metal that would wrap around the pipes without having to broken. Putting the piece under the heat the Isur used her foot to pump the bellows making the fire flame up. Taking the piece out with the tongs she slipped a glove on one hand grabbing the first piece. Putting it in place the woman held the flute with the ungloved hand using the other to fold the metal over.

“That was amazing, I hope that me running the forge didn't bother you any,” Aliana said looking to him once he finished.

The woman had a soft spot for music since it was rare in Sultros. She returned to her work once again while humming the tune gently. Closing her fist around the metal she tucked it in so that it would hold the piece correctly. After several chimes all the pieces were in place and secured. Taking a small drill she made the holes for the leather to go through. Taking a piece of leather she finished off the flute and held it up with a smile and walked over to Epifanio.

“It's done. I hope it works correctly for you,” Aliana said with a smile and noticed his eye color had changed, “you eye color, it changed. Why?” She asked curiosity coloring her face.

hello
hello
hello
Hello
Hello
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved

Words: 67565
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 6th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Title and Date

Epifanio slipped away from playing his music not saying a word and worked on carefully setting Eisen back in its case. While doing so a slight pause in the silence abruptly turned his eyes back to its usual dark colors. He was taken for surprise when she asked why his eye colors changed so openly. Normally it would be a well known part of a Vantha’s life, but most of the time the following moods that caused it would be personal.

“Oh. That. Well sometimes when we are overwound by emotion our eyes change colors due to it.” Epifanio felt penetrated for a moment. It was then that he saw that the flute was finished. Aliana presented it to him like a prize. “No, you are amazing.” He said simply. “My work is fleeting, it serves its purpose and is enjoyed, but it isn’t eternal. I hope that somehow that music could exist forever for everyone to enjoy it, but this flute… it will live far longer.” In poetic truth, this is truly why he wanted a metal flute instead of a wooden one.

“The only way that we could tell if it works is to try it? May I?” Epifanio walked over and got very close to Aliana, and as she held out the flute gently grabbed it from her if she allowed it.

Looking over it the pipes were relatively small and allowed air to pass through them easily. He figured that there shouldn’t be any reason why it wouldn’t work. The first task at hand would be trying to fit it on his arm though. “Actually, may you?” He handed the flute back to Aliana and held his arm out for her to slip it up or fasten it on his arm to be played. He wanted to get used to having it on him like a piece of jewelry.

“Also, you know… I would be honored to have your initials on this. I often put my initials on my music sheets so that people will know it was me. I would want to always be remembered that you made this for me.” He said with a smirk across his face.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on August 6th, 2016, 9:10 pm

☾ Title and Date ☽

“I suppose that must be one of the racial things,” she said listening to him speak about the eyes.

She wanted to know more about the Vantha, but figured it best not to pry that day. He took the flute and looked at it gently. A slight worry came over the woman as she bit her bottom lip scared that she had messed something up. When he smiled and looked at her the woman relaxed knowing it was what he was looking for. He asked for her to put her initials into the metal so he would always know it was her who had made the items. Taking a deep breath she got a rod with a tip and used what heat was still burning in the forge. Turning over the flute she signed the very bottom with a simple AH. Putting just what was signed in the water to cool the metal the woman allowed him to look. Once he was happy the lady took it one last time and secured it against his arm with a gentle touch that would surprise anyone.

“I will have to come see you preform some time,” Aliana said and heard one of the hold members call her, “off we go. I do hope we see each other again soon.”

She walked away and began speaking with the member as he instantly started talking weaponry work. The woman talked with him knowing from the click of the door that Epifanio had left.

Word Count2649

hello
hello
hello
Hello
Hello
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved

Words: 67565
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 6th, 2016, 9:37 pm

Epifanio Snowsong

Epifanio’s skin crawled as she put the flute on his arm. It was unexpected, and despite the heat of the forge it just got a bit hotter for him. As she delicately carved in her initials, trusting her to brand it into the flute as he wore it he felt even more heat, almost like it was burning, but just as she was finished the heat subsided. It was as if she was playing with him. Being gentle but then reminding him that she could still burn him.

After looking at the flute upon his arm satisfied, the man looked at her in her eyes. “I suppose that 15 golden Mizas should cover the cost.” He said. He walked over to his case which held Eisen and went and retrieved the necessary gold. As he was going through it he went on to describe the gamba. “This instrument here is Eisen. She is a furious force to be reckoned with, and demands respect. As I get to know this flute, it too will gain a name. Instruments to me go far beyond just an extension of myself. It is almost as if they become a part of me.” Epifanio, of course delved deeper into the fact that this woman, Aliana… in turn crafted this instrument for him. He almost wondered if somehow that meant something. Rhaus only knows.

Getting up he walked over to Aliana and set the Mizas down on the table. He wasn’t much for handing money to women. He felt it to be dirty. Alas, she did do him a service but it was still one of his own principled he could never get over. After locking up Eisen once more, he gently blew into each of the pipes of the flute by simply turning his head. Each tone was different than the rest. He recognized a few of them to be “B” “A” “G” “C” and the last two “E” and “F”. Which each breath he blew he noticed that depending on the angle he blew into them a separate tone would sound. He figured this to be Sharps and Flats.

Now adjusting the Gamba to his back, he headed towards the door as she was approached by another. In his attraction to her he left his coat, and shortly after embarrassingly entered the room once more “Forgot my coat. Thank you Aliana. It meant a lot to me.” He said as exiting the room once more while draping the coat over his shoulders.

This is an option for speech.
This is an option for speech.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Maro on August 26th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Aliana

Skills

+Blacksmithing +5
+Etching +2
+Flirting +2
+Meditation +1
+Observation +4
+Singing +1
+Socialization +5
+Weaponsmithing +1

Lores

-Children Are Fascinated by Isur Arms
-Weaponsmithing: Following in Her Father's Footsteps
-Blacksmithing: Preparing the Forge Fire
-Epifanio Snowsong: A Bard
-Blacksmithing: Shaping Metal
-Blacksmithing: Allow Enough Time for Metal to Heat Properly
-Kenava: An Annoyance
-Epifanio Snowsong: A Quiet and Appreciated Help
-Surrounded by Heat and Metal, Nothing Else Matters
-Epifanio Snowsong: More Gentle than Expected
-Music Is Rare in Sultros
-Vantha Eyes Change Colors with Their Emotions

Epifanio

Skills

+Acting +1
+Flirting +5
+Observation +4
+Play Musical Instrument: Gamba +1
+Play Musical Instrument: Flute +1
+Socialization +5

Lores

-Isur Have a Metal-like Colored Arm
-Isur Arms: Not Metal
-Aliana Hilt: A Powerful Beauty
-Aliana Hilt: A Crafter of Sorts
-Blacksmithing: Wear Appropriate Attire
-Isur Are Powerfully Built
-Pan Flutes Need Different Length Pipes for Different Tones
-Kenava: Has a Thing for Epifanio
-Smiles Comfort Others
-Aliana Hilt: A Complex, Fiery Muse
-Eisen Should Be Released from Her Protective Cage
-How to Play Sharps and Flats on a Flute

Shared Lores

-Kenava: Can Be Cruelly Jesting
-The Proper Placement of Holes in a Pan Flute
-Hold Duties: Lame but a Necessity
-Sounds of Music and Metal Can Combine
-Music Is Fleeting; Metal Seems Eternal
-Signing One's Work to Be Remembered
-Instruments Should Be Named Once Their Personalities Are Known

Notes :
Fun thread, you two. The interactions made the simplicity of a job thread much more interesting, and the varied interests of your two characters played well off the other's, giving different views on the shared experience.

I am still very new to grading, so if you feel I have missed something (lore or skills), please PM me to let me know. I am not above correction and actually appreciate any help to make me better at what I do. If you would like any of the lore you received to be rephrased, just let me know.

Finally, please make sure to edit your request to 'graded' in the queue, and Aliana, don't forget to submit this in the wages thread to get your seasonal wages.
Maro
Player

Words: 179660
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2014, 1:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous