PM to join The Metal-Armed Woman

Epifanio finds a strange woman walking the streets of Avanthal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on June 4th, 2016, 11:33 pm

Epifanio Snowsong

7th of Summer 516 A.V.
It was a fine day for the bard. After performing a few songs inside of the Red Diamond Tavern, Epifanio found himself escaping the warmth of the tavern to partake in one of his guiltier pleasures; smoking. He left the tavern after writing a few lyrics down for his new song he would present and walked around a bit before finding an area near the iceglaze hold to relax and smoke his herbs. He wasn’t particularly exhausted this day, but he did need the well welcomed break. The benefits of being a bard is so long as he made presence within the tavern and entertain those that were there he would still be doing his job. If the tavern wasn’t particularly busy he had no need to entertain anyone. Such was one of those times. As he was smoking he noticed someone he had not seen before in Avanthal.

The woman in question had a strange arm that seemed to glisten against Morwen’s snow and the barely present sun. Epifanio thought of it to be metal, but he couldn’t tell at this distance. In his curiosity of knowing all the beautiful women in Avanthal, he had no choice but to approach her. She was busy interacting with members of the watch and was handing over some weapons. Smoke escaped his mouth as he approached her, and he simply spoke through his pipe to her. “I haven’t seen you around here before. You are remarkable, is that arm metal?”

Epifanio couldn’t be sure but his opinions on the girl was particularly those of curiosity. “I am Epifanio of the Snowsong Hold.” He said with a smile on his face. He wore his normal clothes with his Gamba case and bow strapped to his back. “I saw that you were exchanging weapons. Are you a sort of crafter? I might be in need of a new instrument that you could possibly make.” Epifanio went straight into it with this peculiar woman, bombarding her with questions, but remaining friendly and flirtatious as ever. Staring into her eyes, he noticed she was not a vantha, though his first guess would have been the metal arm she had.

Epifanio was always the opportunist and had plans of eventually picking up another instrument in the first place, but a metal one would do him better. He thought of initially trying out either a flute or ocarina, though he wasn’t sure of which one he would prefer. After speaking with a few members of the Snowsong hall, he noticed more people preferred the flute and he guessed that he could potentially try and play both a flute and a gamba at the same time. There were always plans for such things in the snowsong halls, as they constructed wooden instruments there often, but this woman might be able to craft something far better than he ever could.

This is an option for speech.
This is an option for speech.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Words: 96514
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 12:05 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Avanthal Seasonal Challenge (1)

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on June 19th, 2016, 5:23 am

☾ Title and Date ☽

Aliana yawned waking up with a stretch. She had been traveling around the city much the last several days to get a job and registered within the city. So much done and yet still so much to do for the young Isur. Many had stopped watched the woman as she went about her business. Several children had stopped her and asked to feel her arm. Aliana loved kids and had decided to humor them by kneeling down and curling her arm to make the muscles tighten. When the little ones touched her arms they squealed and ran back to their mothers. Standing once more she continued on about her business. Shaking her head the woman pulled herself out of her memories and began to prepare for the day ahead.

Going into the kitchen Aliana brushed her hair out and pulled it back out of the way. Once her hair was taken care of the woman brushed her teeth and washed her face before stepping out of the bathroom. Going to her bags the Isur had to dig for her clothes after several chimes she found what she had been searching for. Her baggy pants and tank top would do nicely for a day at the forge. Aliana was excited to get back to work once more. During her travels with the caravan many had taken a few lessons from the woman on her craft. Most back in her home city had specialized as an Armorer or a Blacksmith. She however had decided to specialize as a Weaponsmith. Her father before her had been a weaponsmith so the pull to be one only made sense to her. Her mother however had wanted her to find a balance where she could be social and work as well. Aliana did not care to socialize when there was work to be done.

Once completely dressed and ready the woman headed out locking up her apartment and going to work. She had to seek local employment from one of the Holds in town until the girl could work up the money for her own place. Smiling at the thought Aliana took her cloak off when she arrived and set to work on getting the forge lit. Laying on the ground the woman checked for any animals that may have taken residence in the warm forge that night. Content not seeing any the girl got off the ground and went about putting in wood and paper. Kneeling down she light some paper with her flint. Blowing gently to get it going good she laid it on top of the rest of the paper and watched as the rest of the wood caught the flame.

A pair of voices calling caught the woman's attention. Standing up the girl grabbed a rag and walked over to the door and greeted the pair. The man and woman were from the Ice Watch; the young man wanted a broad sword and the young woman wanted a new lance crafted. After settling prices and materials Aliana set to work on the pair of weapons. It wasn't long before the lance was prepared and the woman had moved on to the broadsword. By the time Syna was just leaving the middle of the sky Aliana had finished the weapons. Adding in a designers mark at the hilt and base of the lance the weapons were ready. The same voices got her attention once more. After handing the woman her lance and the man his sword Aliana went to step back inside till yet another call warranted her attention. Turning she saw a young man walking up, who immediately started asking her questions.

"No, my arm is not actually metal. Yes, I am a crafter of sorts. As a blacksmith I have specialized in Weaponsmithing, but perhaps I can create your instrument. My name is Aliana Hilt. It is nice to meet you," She said looking at the man taking in his features.

From what could be seen Epifanio must work as a bard seeing as how he wanted an instrument crafted and not a weapon. The woman walked around the man almost appearing to size him up to be crafted.

"What is it you want crafted?" She asked looking at him once more.

hello
hello
hello
Hello
Hello
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved

Words: 67565
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on June 19th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Title and Date

“But a toot.” He said. “A wee request for someone as lovely and talented as yourself I am sure.” Epifanio said to the gorgeous women before him. He kicked at the snow gently showing a bit of reluctance to be outside. “Come let us go inside your hall, and we can discuss things a bit more.” Epifanio gently held out his arm attempting to place his in hers as a new acquaintance and a show of custom of being a gentlemen. In his awkward attempt to a stranger, if taken he would continue to talk along the way, if not he would simply follow Aliana.

Already introducing himself as a member of the snowsong hall, he gathered that she might think it wasn’t a weapon he was looking for. Although, he enticed her by showing interest in her own craft. “You must be incredibly strong to craft such things. I myself have a bit of a tender touch, but have been known to enjoy the finer things in life.” Epifanio spoke mostly of arrow tips as he grabbed one from his quill and smiled at it during the same instant he spoke of finer things.

“Oh, I don’t mean this arrow. I enjoy a good drink every now and then, stories, song, and of course… instruments.” Finally getting to his point Epifanio held the door open to the forge, allowing the fine lady to enter before him. “… and of course, fine women like yourself.” He continued on under his breath. His attempts at charming could have been taken one or two ways, and either one of them Epifanio didn’t mind the results too much. For he enjoyed conflict, and would always have a story to tell from it.

As he entered the forge, Epifanio went on to describe what he wanted made. “Aside from blowing out romance and compliments from my mouth, I look to have something made that offers far a better tone.” Epifanio smiled and approached Aliana a bit closer, descending his voice to that of a whisper. “A flute, one that could be word upon my arm. Easy to play and reach while playing another instrument. That is if you could craft something large enough to fit across these.” Epifanio held out his arm and flexed. His attempts at being masculine might seem silly at first, and that was entirely the intention. Although his arms weren’t considerably that large or more toned than that of actual hunters, they still had the form a decently fit mans.

“So think you could craft such a thing? It would have to have multiple pipes for a variety of different tones. I could assist you while crafting it to create the proper notes needed. You see, snowsongs craft their own instruments, but most deal in just wood.” Epifanio smiled and dreamed of holding hammer with the woman before him. How often would it be for someone to have the opportunity to watch or work with an Isur?

Epifanio went on to describe the instrument he desired, keeping a whimsical and joking manner about. The end result looked much like an armband with different length pipes that ran down it, with the intention to wear it on his biceps close to his shoulders.

Secret :

It wasn't till after he described this and observed the flames of the forge, that he noticed the muscles on the woman. He glanced over her body noting how she was also fit, and as his eyes dwindled in the distraction of her body he slightly blushed then said "What is it that you would require of such a task?"
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on July 1st, 2016, 1:47 am

☾ Title and Date ☽

The woman watched as the man seemed to circle her. A slow growl began to bubble in her throat. Pushing it down she looked at the man as he offered to go into the hall and discuss everything. Walking past him Aliana had finally began to get chilled. Stepping into the building she closed the door behind Epifanio once he had entered as well. Looking around listening to what he was describing the woman was certain that the small useless pieces left over from bigger jobs would be plenty to make the instrument. A flute the woman thought would pose an interesting challenge for the young Isur. Looking to the man as he held up his arms flexing his muscles she simply ignored the show. If she flexed it would almost make the man look small. Isur were always ready for a challenge.

Popping her neck Aliana walked to the forge. Putting her foot on the handle to bellow she pushed up and down getting the flames roaring once more. Taking off her jacket the woman knew that the article of clothing would only hinder her movements and cause unnecessary sweat. Smirking she turned to the man as her eyes held a mischievous glimmer. Looking up and down at the man's attire she snorted and looked at the forge again.

"Yes, I believe that I have enough scrapes to make it," Aliana said and walked over to the smaller scraps that would do.

Picking up the first piece she put it in the forge and watched the metal turn red due to the heat. Grabbing the tongs she brought the metal out of the fire and took a hammer. Pounding and melding the metal with the instrument she looked up when he asked to join her.

"Stand back I will let you know when you are needed. Also you will get over heated in the jackets," she said and continued.

After several minutes she used her purple arm to twist the into the right shape making it look like a seamless pole. Looking she grabbed the saw and used it to shorten the piece.

hello
hello
hello
Hello
Hello
Last edited by Aliana Hilt Terras on July 29th, 2016, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on July 29th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Title and Date

Epifanio had no idea how to react in the presence of an Isur. They were fairly rare in Avanthal, and though the initial beauty of the woman was apparent at first glance after she took off her jacket a far different visage and outlook of her was seen. She was muscular, perhaps far much more than the Vantha himself, and he couldn’t help but stare but for a moment. It wasn’t until the forges heat wafted through him that he got snapped out of it. Standing back a bit he let the woman do her work.

“Are you asking me to take off my jacket?” Epifanio smiled and said in a low voice. He was unsure if he could be heard behind the roar of flames and the pounding metal. As he watched she seemed to unaffected by the heat, but sweat had already started to take effect on Epifanio. His hair grew moist and wet and he wiped his brow to ensure sweat would not get onto his face too much. He enjoyed watching the Isur work.

Speaking a bit louder he spoke out. “Each pipe should allow breath to flow through it, I believe. I also believe that different lengths of pipe would make different sounds. As far as their tones go, we might have to test them out and make changes later if they don’t have the right tones.”

He wasn’t sure if this would annoy Aliana or not, as this was more of a trial and practice than anything else. Besides, both of them would have to figure out how the wind instrument would allow tones to pass through it and synch it up to his tuned gamba. “I believe six pipes of different length, each getting shorter in succession should do. Not much unlike strings on my gamba they each would offer a different tone.”

Epifanio nodded as she told him to stand back a bit further and watched as she twisted the metal and had already started to shorten pieces of a longer pipe. The work was fast, and almost unpredictable.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on August 1st, 2016, 3:59 am

☾ Title and Date ☽

Blowing the metal shavings out of the way she continued to work on shortening the metal. Taking the wooden flute from his outfit, the woman knelt down and tested the length of the longest wooden pipe to the piece of metal. Putting his down a safe distance from the fire the woman walked over to her tools and grabbed a file. Returning she filed down the metal to reduce any sharp edges and ridging on the end. Blowing away the shaving she felt with the other hand before holding it up for him to look at while looking down the hole in order to make sure everything appeared right. Using her Isur arm the woman used her gnosis to flatten out where the metal ends meet. Taking a deep breathe she breathed out through the pip clearing it of any debris.

“Ha ha very funny. Make out where the holes need to go,” Aliana said handing it to him before getting the same large piece of metal.

Moving to the next piece she heated up just what was needed for the next one. Taking her hammer the woman put the heated metal on the anvil and began pounding away. The metal bent under the force of the hammer slamming down forcing it to bend until it breaks. Turning it over she began to pound the opposite direction. After several turns the metal finally breaks dropping the piece on to the floor. Putting away the long piece of metal away Aliana picked up the now smaller piece and put it back in the fire. Allowing time for the piece to heat up the Isur walked over to her waterskin and drank some of the water with her back to him. The only noticeable marks was the Gnosis on her shoulder . Finishing she walked back over and checked the metal. Making a small face the woman wanted it to heat up more. So she focused on the pipe already crafted. Taking it from him once he was done the woman got a small drill that would craft the holes.

hello
hello
hello
Hello
Hello
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 4th, 2016, 1:55 am

Title and Date

Abrupt sadness exhaled through Epifanio after taking a loud swallow that erupted from his throat. Trying to recover from his lack of knowing exactly how wind instruments worked he simply spoke solemnly. “For now, I think we should focus on hollowing the pipes and ensuring we get the proper lengths.” Just as he finished his last word, a fellow Snowsong came into the forge. “Kenava, what are you doing here?” Epifanio said as if he was nervous and doing something wrong.

“What’s this? If you needed a flute made you could have asked me.” She said almost displeased. The two of them had worked together before, and he hadn’t initially told her that he was interested in learning it. “Shame you rely on an outsider rather than your fellow Snowsong.” She further growled.

Epifanio was feeling incredibly sorry for himself, but in his wake he couldn’t have refused the enticement of someone new. Even more so, she was exotic, and knew how to put on the heat, per se. After a few awkward moments and shifting eyes between Aliana and Kenava, Epifanio couldn’t think of a single thing to say. He looked like a lost puppy that was overheating. The nervousness made him sweat even more and as it dripped down his face Kenava, in her own cruel way decided to poke fun at him.

“Are you crying there, Epifanio? What did she break your heart already?” Kenava said as she sped towards the lady and grasped onto Epifanio pulling him closer to the forge and the Isur working on the flute.

“Forgive my brother here, he is incredibly thick, and could be seen through like an icy lake. You just have to wipe all crud off first, and by crud I mean charm.” Kenava was on a roll. She bombarded him with almost every word that came from his mouth. He wasn’t sure how to take it, and almost started to feel numb.

After a while he awakened after she decided to help in crafting the flute. “The holes will need to go here, and each one will act as an outlet for the air to flow through. Unlike regular flutes which you have to plug the holes to make different tunes I am assuming that each of these pipes will be used for tunes. In that case make all of the holes in the same place, but only one here at the bottom.”

Epifanio still looked as if despair had pushed his heart into the flames. “You owe me, Epifanio.”
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on August 6th, 2016, 3:34 am

☾ Title and Date ☽

Aliana looked hearing a female's voice. Turning her head some the Isur watched her interaction with Epifanio not super concerned about it. She had not poached any business from the dark haired woman. The man had walked up to her and brokered a business deal. Coin for a new flute, nothing more nothing less to her. Stopping for a moment the woman watched the new person with a mild interest which was more emotion than she had showed most others. Raising one eye brow Aliana began to wonder why the girl would talk about a family member in such a manner. Whether he had been flirting or not she was not bothered in the least. Epifanio had been very helpful and fairly quiet while she worked, so the sudden intrusion annoyed the woman greatly.

"He has been no bother at all. Mark out on the other pipe while I prepare these," Aliana said watching the pair.

She returned to working the smaller pipes. After perhaps thirty chimes had passed all the pipes had been crafted in turn. Dipping the hot pipes in metal she allowed the woman to mark out where each hole should go. Once all were marked she took them and began the next phase. Getting the drill she drilled in each hole slowly making sure to get the exact size right. Removing the drill the woman blew all the excess shavings out of the way. Putting the pipes under heat one more time she shaped them till not a crease could be seen. Once that was prepared the woman grabbed some leather and held his arm up marking where it needs to stop.

“Look I don't care what kind of issues you two have. I don't appreciate you barging in here while I am working making unnecessary noise,” Aliana said still working the pipes.

Putting away what is not needed she grabbed a file. Sitting down the woman began to file down the sharp edges of the holes. Once everything was rounded she grabbed a rag and began to clean all shavings away. The dark haired woman was not in the least bothered by the angry look from the other girl in the room.

hello
hello
hello
Hello
Hello
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 6th, 2016, 4:32 am

Title and Date

Epifanio had to do a double take on what was happening. He wasn’t completely sure, but it seemed like there was some tension between Kenava and Aliana. You see, Epifanio didn’t know it but ever since his creation of the Vantha Dressed in Black, she secretly crushed on Epifanio. Though, he merely considered her a well-known Snowsong with a reputation. A person to rely on in creating music and song. That is why she was adamant about trying help him. It was as if she dropped everything just to help him.

For a flirtatious man, he was quite naïve at times. Such was the time. Taking off layers of his coat from the heat, he went over to the entrance and set it down nicely where it wouldn’t get burned by a stray ember. His muscles now showed in full detail. Although he wasn’t particularly built, he was toned, and had that nuance of being a man.

Watching as Kenava reluctantly repeated in pointing out the holes for the pipes Epifanio walked over once more to Aliana. As she asked to see which arm and where he wanted it positioned he surprisingly took her hand in his and placed it around where he wanted it. His grip was soft and floated over the outside of her palm ever so slightly. In doing so he let out a small smile and said “Perhaps here will do.” Though, there wasn’t much in thought to way that Aliana would react to this he noticed that Kenava started to glare at him.

“What do you think Kenava?” He asked as she walked over and placed her hand on his arm as well. “I think here would be better.” Looking over she practically rolled her eyes towards Aliana. The two surely had something going on, but Epifanio was oblivious to it. “Alright.” He said solemnly, still feeling a bit sad that he couldn’t have done this himself. “By the way did you come here for something?” He asked Kenava. “Oh, uh… I was looking for you and someone said that you came in here.” She nervously said with a pause afterwords.

“For what?” Interrupting the awkward silence. “By the way, you mind?” He said gesturing for her to release her hand from his arm. She responded back by releasing her arm and starting to walk towards the door. “That you still have hold duty to do sometime this week.” Her words were cold, but it didn’t matter. “Oh right, Thanks for the reminder Kenava!”

“sorry for that, I don’t know what got over her.” Epifanio said openly after she left. “Hold duties are so lame. As if my own job isn’t enough to benefit them.”

“I enjoy my job though, only one in the world where I can do what I love and get paid without other circumstances.” Epifanio said as sort of an inside joke. Those other circumstances he thought about was getting a woman pregnant, but he figured it would be bad practice to say that openly to a female. If in the comfort of men he might joke about it.

“So what of you? You enjoy your job here in Avanthal?” He asked her as staring into her eyes briefly then looking back at the flute she was crafting for him.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Metal-Armed Woman

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on August 6th, 2016, 5:23 am

☾ Title and Date ☽

Aliana watched the woman closely not liking her for some unknown reason her very existence seemed the bother the Isur. The woman was surprised at how gentle he seemed to be for someone who had flirted like some horny dog. The vantha woman walked over placing her hand firmly on his arm as well. She appeared to be staking her territory making with short haired woman glare at her. Holding back a growl the woman began working once more as Epifanio asked her to remove her hand. A smirk appeared on the woman's face though neither of the two saw. The female Vantha's departure caused the woman to relax again.

"Do excuse my sharpness. I hope that I have not upset you," Aliana said gently looking at the man.

She did not understand the reason for her sudden kindness. Turning she rubbed her face attributing it to being tired. The day had turned very stressful surprisingly enough. His sudden question about her work caught her off guard. Most seemed to assume that she would not hate it due to the very work begin taught from birth. Did she like it? The woman turned to look at him thoughtfully for a few moments before answering.

"Yes, being here surround by the heat and metal. It calms me; its as if nothing exists, but what I am working on," Aliana said and gently touched the stone of the forge, "I wish sometimes that..... Nevermind excuse my ramblings. What is it you do exactly for work?" She asked looking at him.

Her mind had drifted to her father talking about one day finding a man to bed her. At least he had wanted her with another Isur, and perhaps one day it will happen. But for now she had a job to do which called for her attention.

hello
hello
hello
Hello
Hello
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras