[Flashback] Just a Quick Job (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Mastermind on December 27th, 2010, 3:16 pm

34th of Fall, 508 A.V. – Early Evening
Castle Commons

“Heya! Heya kid!” someone whispered loudly. It was hard to tell who was speaking, since the Commons were crowded at all hours of the day, with people buying and selling, stealing and conning, talking, shouting, and otherwise making a ruckus. Basically, the Castle Commons were loud. Always. The voice whispered again, even louder. “Heya, wanna make some coin?” This time it was clear who was speaking.

Leaning against a short brick wall was a man that could pretty much be described the same as the wall. He was short, perhaps only a few inches over five feet, and quite stout in both muscle and girth. His face was red, but whether from sun, drink, or otherwise could not be easily discerned. The thick man was garbed in rough leather armor, with a patch of mail here and there, and a rusty dirk tucked into his wide belt. He beckoned for Jokor to come his way. “I gotsa job fer ya, if ya got an inkling to earn some coin. A piece a silver, justa hear the job. And anotha nine fer doing it!” he said no longer whispering.

The red faced man looked around, as if trying to figure out if anyone else had heard. Content, he fixed his eyes back on the young orphan in front of him. “Whadya say?”
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Words: 19833
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Jokor on December 27th, 2010, 3:54 pm

“Heya! Heya kid!” Jokor quickly looked around with suspicion in his eyes. Searching for whoever was speaking to him, at least who he thought was speaking to him.
“Heya, wanna make some coin?” the voice came again, it was more clearer easy to hear this time, jokor turned around and looked at the short man leaning at the wall, looking at the armored man with both interest and distrust.
Jokor walked closer towards the man, but stayed just outside the man's reach.
“I gotsa job fer ya, if ya got an inkling to earn some coin. A piece a silver, justa hear the job. And anotha nine fer doing it!”
The promise of some simple coin enticed Jokor and he nodded.
"Sure i'll listen, what do you want?" Jokor said, the distrust easily noticeable in his voice.
He held out his hand, "Just pay up the silver already." He said in a hurried tone.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mastermind on December 30th, 2010, 9:03 am

The red-faced man laughed, and dug into a dirty coin purse dangling from his belt. "Straight ta tha poin', and full-o-spunk, eh?" He laughed again, a quick, bellowing guffaw. His hand came out of his purse, fingering a single coin, which he regarded briefly before sending it spinning through the air to Jokor. "I like tha. May do ya good, shu ya take tha job." He glanced around again, his eyes flickering to both sides, and back behind Jokor, before returning to the boy.

"Tis easy, jus needja to make a deliv'ry. Easy. I give ya a small package. Ya take it where I say an' give it ta who I say. Easy. Whaddya say?" he asked, smiling at Jokor. "Do this fer me an ya'll have done me a fayva. Ev'ry one wants Jolly owing 'em a fayva."
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Office
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Jokor on December 31st, 2010, 1:34 pm

The man burst out laughing as he dug into the dirty coin purse at his hip pulling out a silver miza.
"Straight ta tha poin', and full-o-spunk, eh?" Jokor's eyes immediatly went towards the silver coin that he pulled out, quickly catching it as soon as it came in his reach.
"I like tha. May do ya good, shu ya take tha job.Tis easy, jus needja to make a deliv'ry. Easy. I give ya a small package. Ya take it where I say an' give it ta who I say. Easy. Whaddya say?"
Jokor just got the eerie feeling that he wasn't telling something when the man looked around as if he was being followed.
"Fine I'll deliver the package."Jokor said, pushing his common sense out of the way. He narrowed his eyes at the man. "Though If I get in any surprises you better pay up some extra little man." He crossed his arms. "Now just give me the package and tell me where it has to go to. I'll take care of the rest."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mastermind on January 1st, 2011, 1:31 pm

Jolly laughed again. "Still witha gall an' bluster. I likes ya kid. We can be friends afta ya finish tha job." He reached into his leather jerkin and pulled out a thin package, about half an inch thick, six inches wide, and nine inches long. It was wrapped up in canvas, and tied with twine. Holding it close with both hands, Jolly looked Jokor square in the eyes. "Alright, listen close, boy. Ya cannot open this. Muh boss finds out ya did, and he'll have ya kilt. Petch, he'll prolly have me kilt too. Take this ova to the Drunken Fish, down near tha docks. Ask around for Captain Dullos. Mariana Dullos. Hand her tha package and walk away. If she asks ya who its from, tell her ya don't know. If she refuses ta take it, just drop it at her feet an' leave."

His eyes narrowed. "Come straight back afta ya delivered it. Understand?" Jolly leaned back against the wall and made a shooing motion at Jokor. "Get going, kid. Dun have all night ta wait fer ya."
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Office
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Jokor on January 1st, 2011, 6:29 pm

Jokor frowned as the man began to laugh at what he said."Still witha gall an' bluster. I likes ya kid. We can be friends afta ya finish tha job." Jokor rolled his eyes at that, he really doubted the man wanted to be friends,the man looked in his eyes, the pakkage firmly in the man's hands.
"Alright, listen close, boy. Ya cannot open this. Muh boss finds out ya did, and he'll have ya kilt. Petch, he'll prolly have me kilt too. Take this ova to the Drunken Fish, down near tha docks. Ask around for Captain Dullos. Mariana Dullos. Hand her tha package and walk away. If she asks ya who its from, tell her ya don't know. If she refuses ta take it, just drop it at her feet an' leave."
Jokor nodded a nervous feeling about that warning and took the package,trying to feel what was inside it without being to obvious about it. "I'll do that." The man's eyes narrowed and he made a shooing motion, infuriating Jokor a bit.
"Come straight back afta ya delivered it. Understand? Get going, kid. Dun have all night ta wait fer ya."
Jokor grumbled a few dirty words at the last few sentences and just walked away turning his back towards the man, the first alley he saw he darted inside and broke out in a full pace run dodging the slippery puddles and the occasional bum or streetkid that was hanging around there. Trying to remember the shortest path to the docks.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mastermind on January 2nd, 2011, 7:29 am

The docks were ever nearing as Jokor made his way through the city, taking the quickest route through the alleys. Finally, just ahead, he saw the lights of the Seaside Market and docks just ahead, at the end of the alley he was currently speeding through.

Something ahead moved into the way of the light, and Jokor found three men in mismatched and dirty clothing. The three all wielded some sort of a club, and each had a dagger tucked in their belt. There was a loud sound behind Jokor, as if something had fallen to the ground. A quick glance would reveal two more men, similarly armed, behind Jokor, recovering from their apparent jumps from the rooftops.

The center man of the three in front of the orphan took a menacing step forward, smiling with crooked teeth and squinting eyes. "Hiya, boy," he said, putting emphasis and drawing out the second word. "Ya got something me boss wants. Best just hand it ova, or ya might end up wit a cracked noggin!" He extended his hand, clearly wanting the package Jokor was carrying.
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Office
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Jokor on January 2nd, 2011, 2:05 pm

Jokor quickly tried to come to a quick stop as he saw the three man suddenly blocking the way. He gulped as he saw how they where armed, not really wanting to get in their way.
Jokor quickly looked back at the loud noise behind him seeing two men on the ground, probably they followed him on the rooftops and tried to close him in the entire time. Jokor could smack his own head for that stupidity.
"Hiya, boy," The middle one of the thugs said, Jokor scowled at him."Ya got something me boss wants. Best just hand it ova, or ya might end up wit a cracked noggin!"
Jokor knew he was in a pinch, if he failed to do this, he would probably be killed, if he didn't hand it over he would probably be beaten to death.A lose,lose situation for him.
Quickly he wieghed his options, he looked over his shoulder, the two dazed men where still recovering. He quickly dashed the the other way right at the two armed men, Intend of trying to get past them while they where still trying to get on their feet.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Mastermind on January 5th, 2011, 4:20 pm

The men weren't as dazed as Jokor might have hoped, and were up and ready for him before he was able to run past. It was lucky for the orphan, though, that the faster of the two didn't decide to use his club on the boy. Instead, he grabbed him by the throat and twisted, throwing him into the wall. It hurt, but not as much as getting smashed in the face be a wooden club.

The man held Jokor against the wall while his friend ripped the package from the boys hands. Their three comrades approached, and the package was handed to the apparent leader. He moved up directly in front of Jokor, while the fourth and fifth man each took a side and watched each end of the alley.

The leader sighed, and fiddled with the package a little. "Boy, boy, boy. I warned ya. I warned ya real good. Shoulda jus' given me this. Now what am I gunna do wicha?" He sighed again.

"I tells ya what. You squeal where ya was supposed ta take this, and I wont kills ya. Hmmm?"
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Office
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Jokor on January 5th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Jokor's eyes widened in shock as he saw one of the man grab for his troath, not able to dodge anymore he let out a pained gasp when he was slammed into the wall, he began to struggle trying to get out of the man's grasp, his eyes darting around in fear.
He felt the package being ripped out of his grip as the other tree men walked towards them.
The leader let out a loud sigh as he took the package form his underling.
"Boy, boy, boy. I warned ya. I warned ya real good. Shoulda jus' given me this. Now what am I gunna do wicha?" he let out another sigh.
"I tells ya what. You squeal where ya was supposed ta take this, and I wont kills ya. Hmmm?"
Jokor furiously began to nod and hope that they just let him go.
"I'll do it, I'll do it!" Jokor helped out. "Need me to say anything else?!"
Jokor gulped hoping that they didn't change their minds and beat him up anyway.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next