[Flashback] Just a Quick Job (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Mastermind on January 13th, 2011, 2:01 pm

The men joked loudly as they hold Jokor there. When the boy asked if they wanted to know anything else, one said, "Yeah, ya got any coin on ya, kid?" Meanwhile, the leader ripped open the package.

Inside was a small wooden plank. The leader looked furious. He pushed his men away and grabbed Jokor himself. "You best start squealing now, boy. Who was this fer? And why tha petch is it justa block of petching wood? Ya gots three seconds ta start talkin', boy, fore I crack yer skull."
Mastermind
Sunberth AS

Words: 19833
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Jokor on January 13th, 2011, 2:22 pm

Jokor just glanced at the men and waited until he was let go. When they asked if he had any coin on him he just looked at them as if they where stupid... which they probably where.
"Do I look like I have money? If I had money I wouldn't have taken such a shitty job in the first place!"
The laughing was cut short when the man opened the package, revealing a small plank of wood.
"You best start squealing now, boy. Who was this fer? And why tha petch is it justa block of petching wood? Ya gots three seconds ta start talkin', boy, fore I crack yer skull."
A grin spread on Jokor's face as he figured out what the hell was going on.
"Why its a block of wood? Well why don't you use your head and figure it out on your own? Just don't hurt yourself." He quickly swept that grin of his face as he saw the glare fixed on him.
"But I would have to deliver it to Mariana Dullos, I wasn't told anything else."
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on March 19th, 2011, 8:49 pm

Jokor's insult didn't get far as he felt a swift crack of the man's knuckles against his cheek. Jokor had grown up Sunberthian, his whole life, pain like this was never foreign, but you were never really used to it. Jokor was released, his dazed mind allowing his body to fall to the ground, he felt himself urging for the fetal position, to just wait until everything ended, either his life or mercy to roll around. When the young thief managed to whisper the recipient of the 'package', there was a silence that covered over the men, especially the leader. His lip quivered lightly as the plank of wood dropped to the ground, on the bottom there was writing, something not common, but probably some sort of code or message meant only for the captain's eyes.

"By the gods Stenson! You petched up so bad! I'm out of here." The leader of the group remained, the others quick to leave in their own directions, their own destinations. The man bent over quickly picked Jokor off the ground and standing him up against the wall, he was panicking now.

"Why the petch didn't you say it was fer Cap'n Rain? Petching shyke, I'm a dead man. Here, take the stupid wood to the captain... uh, here, a gold miza for your silence. A man robbed you, dunno who, and I might not come after you." Jokor was still recovering when he found himself alone, the wood in his hand, a gold-rimmed miza in the other. His face still hurt like a bitch though. Certainly there was a better way to make money than being a punching bag.

On another note, he was close to the docks, the package was opened (like his acquaintance threatened not to let happen, but he could get there without incident on the way, should he assume the task still worth doing.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on March 19th, 2011, 10:05 pm

Jokor saw stars for a few moments when the man's knuckles cracked against his face before the man let him go and he slid down the wall to the ground, clutching his head and trying to make the world stop spinning.
He was a bit bewildered when the thug's began to disperse leaving their leader behind.
He was even more surprised when the leader pulled him to his feet, the mans face was twisted in panic as he shook jokor. Before he could get a reply of to the man he felt the wooden plank pressed in his hand and a round circular object that most likely was a miza of some value and the man was gone, leaving jokor alone in the alley looking bewildered.
When he finally got his bearings back he looked towards the now unpacked piece of wood and let out an annoyed sigh. He really was in trouble now, but seeing as he would probably be in even more trouble if he didn't bring the piece of wood he better go and deliver it. He could probably talk himself out of this mess if he twisted the events a bit.
Letting out a small pained groan as his frown stretched his rather bruised face he walked towards the docks hoping to get this job done with as soon as possible.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on March 19th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Certainly relief was felt as Jokor reached the docks, there was a single ship there that was grand enough to be considered worthy of a captain so feared as the one that startled Jokor's assailants. On board, people were bustling about, preparing for departure it appeared, yet there was two guards standing in front of the only entrance onto the ship, and neither was a female, which meant she was likely to be on board already. "The petch you want kid?"

One of the large burly men stepped forward, directly in Jokor's path towards the ship. Despite being intimidating merely because of his physique, he did not threaten Jokor outright, nor did he act in attempt to instill fear. Now, if Jokor was aggressive, he would certainly regret it (assuming he lived). "The ship is taking off soon, we ain't got time to discuss wages or hire on more street rats looking for a meal ticket. Captain 'Rain' is busy. What you here for?"
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on April 11th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Jokor just held up the small plank with the scribbles towards them.
"I dun want a job here, I was just paid to bring this thing to Mariana Dullos and I was told she was here." He looked up towards the burly man that talked to him.

"So if I can just go and give this to her and then get paid for it then I can just be on my merry way and you can continue to do what you are doing now. Besides my errand won't take very long either way, dropping of the thing and getting paid doesn't take very long." His eye's got a sneaky glint as he continued his sentence.
"Besides this might be important and who knows what she is going to do to the men who made sure that something important didn't get to her?"
He just let that last sentence hang in the air, hoping that they let him go in now.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on April 17th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Jokor did let the sentence hang there for a long moment. A very long moment. The large man just stood there, blocking Jokor's path onto the gangplank and aboard the ship. The small thief felt a lump of anxiety expand in his throat as the man's glare did not falter. Then he took a step closer to Jokor, which made it only more clear that Jokor's eyes were about the same level of this burly man's nipples, surrounded by a large thick patch of black hair, like a rug even, across the rest of his chest. "That's mighty fine tolk fer a land-pig like yourself. Think a few words is enough to startle Big Jakken eh?" The man standing behind the brute interrogating Jokor turned and boarded the ship, yet from there he vanished behind the aggressive man.

Jokor felt the collar of his shirt tighten as the sailor grabbed his clothing and, with one strong arm, lifted the light thief from the ground entirely, pulling him up to eye level. The man roared in laughter as he felt the complete and undeniable power that could crush Jokor. Right. Now. "Tell me again now runt. Maybe talk a wee bit nicer and you can find your way to Cap'n Ran."
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on April 18th, 2011, 10:56 am

Jokor swallowed nervously when the huge man took a step closer, the short boy barely reaching up to the mans chest, and continued glaring at him. Jokor felt this was going south fairly fast when the man called his bluf and the mans mate left.
When the man suddenly lashed out and grabbed him by his clothes before he could even react he didn't feel that this was going south, he knew that he was as screwed as one of the whores in breda's house of happy endings... Whatever that meant. Jokor struggled a bit in the man's grip before the giant lifted him from the ground up to his eye level. Swallowing again as the man dared him to say that again.
"Well I.. euhm.. Could I see captain rain? I got a package for her that probably is fairly important since people tried to rob me for it already." Jokor hastily repeated the question without the bratty tone and hoped that the man let him go.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on May 3rd, 2011, 5:35 pm

Jokor was peering into the massive man's... jungle-like chest hair when he felt his suspended body moved as the man did, he was carrying him onto the ship by the grip on his shirt, and was set down on board. Without so much as another word, he returned to his post at the bottom of the plank, refusing any others that dared to sneak on board.

"You boy! What is it you are doing here?" Jokor would lift his eyes to find a woman with deep shimmering green eyes and nearly fluorescent fiery orange curly hair that bobbed at her shoulders from the wind. She had a strange toughness about her, yet she was young, very young, and beautiful. "Speak quickly before you find yourself licking sand off the ocean floor
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jokor on May 7th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Joker was quite astonished when the man just dropped him of on the deck of the ship after he repeated his question a bit nicer, he really expected the guy to just throw him into of the pier into the cold water. He didn't have a lot of time to be astounded about that though, when a woman demanded what he was doing here and that he better be quick about it or he would be licking sand from the ocean floor.
Holding out the wooden plank towards the woman he quickly explained why he was here.
“I was payed to bring you this plank to a certain captain dullos. Now just take it and let me go and collect the rest of my payment from the guy. I already got mugged once for this package by some moronic thugs.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext