Human to golem ritual?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Human to golem ritual?

Postby Ardon on June 18th, 2016, 9:20 pm

I was wondering if it would be possible to eventually make a ritual to change someone from a living being to a golem. I would think that it's possible. There exists a method to transfer a soul from organic to organic vessels, and a ritual to transfer souls from artificial to artificial vessel, and four gnosis marks from Izurdin allows you to copy part of your soul onto an artificial vessel, so there exists multiple ways to move souls around vessels. Considering all of those methods exist, it would make sense that devising a ritual to transfer a soul from a living being to an artificial vessel should be possible. Am I wromg, or is there something I'm missing that would prevent something like this?
Ardon
Player

Words: 2859
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2016, 8:32 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Human to golem ritual?

Postby Net on June 18th, 2016, 9:21 pm

What I think you are looking for are the Nuit.
I will be handling all Zeltiva related posts on Tuesdays @ 1800 my time *
Net
Ensnaring

Words: 46023
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 4:39 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Human to golem ritual?

Postby Ardon on June 18th, 2016, 9:24 pm

No, the nuit ritual is a ritual to transfer a soul from a natural body to a natural body. However, souls don't need a natural body, since golems are capable of as advanced a level of thought as natural beings are. My question asks whether it's possible to transfer a soul from a natural body to an artificial body.
Ardon
Player

Words: 2859
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2016, 8:32 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Human to golem ritual?

Postby Ixzo on June 18th, 2016, 9:56 pm

A Master may be able to turn an artificial soul into a real one, however there is nothing in the lore that states you can tie a living soul into an artificial body, or even transform it into an artificial soul.

The closest thing to what you are looking for is Daek-nuit as Net pointed out. If you do get your skill in animation to the expert or master level, perhaps you can explore that process IC and see if it is possible.
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Human to golem ritual?

Postby Crow on September 10th, 2016, 8:22 pm

If the animation is master level the amount of possible cognition that a golem has can be on level with the animator. However, special care and direction is still needed. I don't see a golem being an approved pc without a lot of work put into it for rp. It would perhaps be a very unique situation but even creating such an npc will require HD approval. I wouldn't count it out, but ultimately it will be the founders that decide whether or not this is possible.

As ixzo has pointed out it might be possibly explored, but such an attempt may end up failing and killing your pc.
Crow