A brothers Refuge(Jason Luntilla)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Caleb on December 29th, 2010, 1:57 am

Winter 1, 510 AV

Clutching a worn letter to his chest, caleb shuffled through the gates to stormhold. Finally, it had taken him nearly a year to do it, but he had made it to Syliras at last. This was it, finally free of his father. It didnt matter he had no where to stay, this was his opprotunity to be his own person. There was no way he couldnt handle everything Syliras through at him. After all, he had survived his father, he'll survive a City.

However as he went down a couple alleys in the castle, he sighed as he realised he faced an even bigger trouble then he did getting here. He had absolutly no idea where his brother lived. All he had to go by was the grimy letter he clutched tightly to his chest. And who could he ask? who would talk to a dirty teenager, barely old enough to be considered a young man. Caleb looked down at himself, and sighed. The long trip on the road had turned him into something akin to a vagrant, his close grimy, and dirt covering his face giving him some color. His hair was plastered to his face, the mixture of sweat, rain water, and dirt making a strong adhesive in his hair.

Sighing as he took up the impossible task, he started asking around. Most of those walking around him simply ignored him. However, when he flashed some gold miza's to a couple shopkeepers,they quickly pointed him the direction of the resdences. Once in the resdency area of the castle Caleb started knocking on the doors and asking around till he found the right house. The house his brother stayed in with his mom. His brother, Jason.

Jason, that mysterious older brother he had dreamt about for years. He had never seen him, but in his childish fantasies he had imagined him as a knight in shining armor, one that would protect him from all the worries of the world. He'ed also wield the mightiest of magics, single handidly lowering mountains, and bringing sea's in to replace them.

About ready to knock on the door and face his hopes, caleb chickened out at the last minute, and decided to go down the hall and watch the door, just wanting to see if anyone was there. Just his luck, a couple minutes later, an older woman exited the room, saying something to whoever else was in the room. The women walked off, and with that Caleb decided it was his last chance, he absolutly had to go knock on that door now. While he was sure Jason was alone. He'ed probably never have a chance like this again.

Gathering his courage caleb rushed over to Jason's door. Raising his hand to knock on the door his courage left him, what if his brother didnt like him? what if Jason kicked him out? he couldnt handle that, this was his last hope at happiness. Sighing, he didnt have much of a choice anymore. So raising his hand once more, he knocked quitly on the door, then again he knocked louder. He hoped his brother was nice, at least nice enough to let him stay here the night.
Caleb
Player

Words: 8221
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2010, 5:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jason Luntilla on December 29th, 2010, 4:54 am

Jason has been sitting in his mother’s apartment for quite some time, debating with her when the best time to leave was, through a long discussion it was decided that he was ready for his own apartment when the spring came around. After this he decided that he was simply going to pick up a book and continue reading, so he left his mother to her business and went about his own, He was deeply immersed in Magic and I, quite possibly his third read of the book, he had always loved reading it, and the irony was he sometimes felt the same way, A fool who simply had never let go of his childhood dreams. Well he did still live with his mother, so maybe he really was just a child.

He always enjoyed kicking back on the bed, and since today was his day off, he really didn’t need to do anything except read, and besides even if he did, he probably would be carrying one of his mother’s many books in his backpack anyways, though he really didn’t know what he was going to do, most of his time was spent practicing Reimancy. Though he could almost certainly find a job with that, he has for quite some time been hoping for very little, though perhaps his brother little Caleb, maybe he would think of something,

He had always wondered what his brother was like; He just knew that one day his brother planned to visit.

At this point he hears a knock on the door, goes over to open and sees a raggedy teenage boy, who has probably not bathed in a very long time, “Who are you?”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Words: 22434
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 4:37 am
Character sheet

Postby Caleb on December 29th, 2010, 5:38 am

The guy opening the door was not who he thought jason would be. First of all, he had thought Jason would be taller. Well, Jason was still taller then Caleb, however Caleb had pictured jason as a 7foot tall giant. Another difference between his dream, and the reality is that he thought his brother would be buff. However, the specimen in front of him was almost as thin as he was. However, the biggest difference in reality and his dreams, is that he thought his brother would recognize him immediatly and hug him and say welcome home...none of that had happened. Berating himself silently for being so stupid, how could he expect his brother who he had never met, to recognize him?

Sighing quietly he looks down at his feet, kicking the ground nervously. "well umm...I'm your brother, Caleb." as he talks he gets quiter, wondering how Jason would take this news. Would he be angry he had a vagrant looking brother? why wouldnt he? who would want such a lousy brother? doubting himself more and more, it was all Caleb could do to stay and face Jason, instead of turning and running away.
Caleb
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jason Luntilla on December 29th, 2010, 7:39 am

“Caleb!!!!” He perks up immediately and seems excited. The boy in front of him seems like he is barely there, short, underfed and grungy. I thought he would have been smaller though. Well at least he has some clothing.”We need to get you cleaned up, and fed. How long have you been on the road, I was wondering when you would be coming to visit.”

He may never have met the boy in his entire life, but he was still his brother, and he would take care of him, until he could take care of himself. “here, come here by the fire, warm the chill in your bones, family should take care of each other.” He jumps outside quickly grabs a torch and lights the hearth.

Ushering his brother into his room, he cleared off a place on his bed, even going so far as to move his books off of the bed. Worried about his brother, he wanted to make sure that he would be ok, but didn’t know what he should do, he had never taken care of anyone before, he could barely take care of himself.

“I wish that I had a more comfortable living arrangement for you, I was going to go get my own apartment this spring, but I may need to go sooner, seeing as how I have a guest now. But for the mean time you can have my bed.”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Caleb on December 29th, 2010, 4:59 pm

"Caleb!!!!" jason had said, his attitude changing drastically. He had never seen anyone get that exited over him. Well, except for when he had made his dad angry. Get me cleaned and fed, he thought, usually it was his job to do that for others. He simply moved as his brother instructed, being to confused by his brothers reaction to think straight. He had no clue how to react to someone being this nice to him.

Sitting down on the cleared off space on the bed he finally took the time to look around the room. There were so many books, books here, books there, books everywhere. He was so absorbed into examining everything, and just trying to get used to being taken care of this way he barely heard his brother speak. However, when Jason said something about having to get a new room thanks to him, Caleb came back to. He definatly wasnt going to drive this nice brother out of his own house.

Deciding to speak up before Jason could confuse Caleb even more, Caleb raised his hand like a child in a school house. Not wanting to anger Jason by speaking out of turn, he spoke quietly. "Umm, i'm not going to be staying here to long. I...i really want to go on a real adventure. One with monsters." Saying this, Caleb felt really stupid and bit his lip. Now he had did it, his brother would treat him like an idiot now and he'ed have no family, once again.
Caleb
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jason Luntilla on December 29th, 2010, 10:10 pm

“Well then I’m going with you, I can’t let you go risking your hide all on your own. We have more than a few options of course we will need horses, and tents, and a few other things. Well I have no idea about shopping for that, it should be interesting. I have been sitting here for most of my life, studying and learning. It’s time to go and put some of it into action.”

He will sit next to his younger brother, and lean back, placing his head against the wall, he picked up Magic and I again and started to browse it, he will place this in his backpack and look his brother in the eye, “I personally think that we should go out on the adventure. I could appreciate some time away from these walls.” He looks around and sighs.

Patting his brother on the back he will smile, and say “besides with two Wizards like us we could easily take out most beasties, now we need to find ourselves a way to keep ourselves alive. Maybe some muscle would be useful you think?” he rolls up his sleeve, flexes his arm, and laughs. “Well I have very little on that end, but then again.” He will pinch his brother’s arm, “You don’t have all that much either by the looks of it.”

Looking at the door, “I think we should go to the Great Bazaar soon, pick up a couple of horses and tents, I think that we should also probably get you bathed and cleaned up as well, I’m going to buy you a new set of clothing, maybe even a nice set of leather shoes.”

Smiling he will look up and sigh, he says, “I think this is going to be fun, we can live life on the road. We may even get to learn new types of magic.”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Caleb on January 1st, 2011, 12:42 am

Had he heard correctly, his brother who he had just met was willing to pick up his life a nd move on a dime for him. What was going on? This was just to much for Caleb. He had never experienced such kindness, at least in his memory, The most kindness he could remember is when his dad gave him a new toy to play with so that he wouldnt complain about all the chores he had to do. Now someone was going to discard there entire life and help him. This was a dream come true. The excitement of that realization got to caleb. He started to go red from it, and his sight blurred. He couldnt get it out of his head. He had someone who carred about him. He actually had someone he didnt have to do things for to get them to like him.

After that thought, his Bubble popped. What did Jason want? No one did anything kind without getting something from Caleb. Did jason know of Calebs experience with sensual massages? no, unless Jason could read minds he wouldnt know that...Did he want some of his fathers wealth? Well, if he wanted that he'ed be disapointed. He had no connection to that anymore, if he ever did, so Jason would ditch him as soon as he found that out.

Coming out of his thoughts, he was just in time to hear the end of Jason's sentence. Something about new types of magic. "Uh huh, it sounds uh interesting" caleb said, trying to pretend he was listening the whole time. "But if you dont mind, i think i'm going to get cleaned up" Hopping off the bed Caleb headed over to the clothes dresser and opening it. Caleb then started rummaging through it till he found one of Jason's shirts, and a pair of his pants. Noticing that they were to big for him, Caleb shrugged and went over to where he dropped his pack and pulled out a rope. Not careing that jason was right there, he quickly stripped off all his clothes, revealing that he really was dirty all over from the trip. Throwing the shirt on over his head, he then pulled on the pants he had taken from jason. He looked redicuolus, the clothes way to big for him. Wrapping the rope around his waist he tied it in the front to keep the pants on. "Thanks Jason" Caleb said quickly, when he realised he had just invaded all of Jason's privacy.
Last edited by Caleb on January 1st, 2011, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caleb
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jason Luntilla on January 1st, 2011, 2:28 am

OOCWatch your spelling, you put Json instead of Jason in the last post. Just letting you know. Keep it that way if it was intentional but I figured I would inform you.

Wow, my brother has the attention span of a garden snake, and the manner’s of one as well. I suppose with the situation he’s been in for the past weeks I would as well. But still he ought to know better than that. Watching his brother’s face turn red and stop paying attention made him think of something. “Maybe I should just go in a few day’s pick myself out one, and you can go when you want, that is unless you already have a horse, that way we can all take time to take in all of this, get around the city, I was never much for leaving my room before this, I had always just worked from here. And the idea of striking out for an adventure sounds like fun.”

Caleb then started to dig through his drawers, pulled out some clothes, stripped down and changed in front of him, all into clothing that made him look like he had been living on the street for his whole life given the size. And to finish out the homeless person look he ties the clothes on with a rope for a belt, looking almost like he has actually lived his whole life on the streets now.

“We really do need to get you cleaned up don’t we. You look like you have never taken a bath in your entire life, and I don’t think we can have you travelling until we have those clothes cleaned up. In fact you look like you need to eat more as well. So why don’t we cook up something to eat, Something that tastes better than what you probably have been eating for the past few day’s use some seasonings, maybe we can even figure out how to cook well, I mean, I’ve never really cooked before. So this should be interesting.”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Caleb on January 1st, 2011, 5:20 am

Go our seperate way's to find our own stuff? That was no problem, after all, he had been alone for so long anyways he was used to it. But Jason's next statement reminded Caleb of how he thought before he made his trip to Syliras. Adventure does sound fun, in the books. But when your actually in it it's a lot more drudgery then the books say. Oh well, Jason would find out eventually so why make My new big brother mad me, already, Caleb thought.

"Yea, getting clean would be nice. But i'm not exactly sure how you take baths. Dad never really felt i needed to be to extra clean. Just clean enough so that i didnt stink up the house." Caleb said, an embaressed look coming over him as he realises he just revealed more about his life then he wanted. "But, I've been eating well if not much. I worked myself here as a cook, which i enjoy doing anyways. It was the one chore my dad gave me, that i enjoyed and was good at." Saying this, Caleb perked up. He always perked up when he talked about cooking. It was his one escape from all the troubles of the world.
Caleb
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jason Luntilla on January 1st, 2011, 6:31 am

“Wait, you can cook? Oh thank god my food almost always tastes like I pulled it straight out of the garbage, I literally just throw everything I can find into a pot and hope that it comes out tasting better than garbage, do you have any advice as to how to not make this taste like, well whatever it is.” He will hold up what looks like dried meat, then chuckle and say, “you know what in all honesty If you cook, I’ll go out and do the shopping for us to travel, it has been a very long time since I had food that didn’t taste like garbage. I honestly have no idea how to make something that isn’t totally and completely disgusting"

Real food, wow that is something wonderful right there, I’m actually jealous, he may not be eating a lot, but at least he looked forward to eating, ever since I started trying to cook for myself, well to put that lightly that was a complete and utter failure, and he hoped never to have to do it again He was happy seeing his brother perk up like that, cooking seemed to make him happy. “And when it comes to getting clean, well we can worry about that later. Maybe after you eat well. I’m quite sure we can find a place for you to get a nice bath, and failing that I can get a bucket fill it with soap and dump it on you.” He will stick out his tongue at his kid brother, He feels like family already, and you know what, I’m actually quite ok with that. I’ve never had a sibling before, maybe that’s why I’m so excited by the prospect of going to spend time with someone I hardly know and already consider family. Or maybe I’m just going crazy.
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Next