A bit of luck, good or bad (Dervish)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Alenias on December 30th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Alenias gave Dervish a shake of her head in response to his first question, "No, I only take shinnies when Treanas asks me to. They're his after all, but he lets me play with them sometimes."

Instead of sitting in the chair like Dervish Alenias climbed on top of the chair and crouched on top of it. Perched on the chair she took another bite of her bread, and then tilted her head at Dervish, "Pay you back sometime? How do I pay you back?"

Chewing on her bread she watched Dervish with her head still tilted slightly. He was interesting, and seemed somewhat nice. He was definitely not as scary looking as some of the other men she had seen. He wasn't Treanas, but Dervis kind of reminded Alenias of him.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dervish on December 30th, 2010, 10:03 pm

"Nevermind, I suppose, but if you're so good at taking shinies I figured you could grab someone for me." Dervish smiled. He felt somewhat at ease with this strange girl, perhaps because he could see a tiny bit of his own past in her situation, or perhaps because she seemed so naive and harmless... But why was she sitting on top of the chair?

Dervish waved at a barmaid, and when she arrived ordered two common dishes, counting up 10 silver mizas in his hand and handing them to her. She swiftly disappeared, and he continued talking.

"Well, I guess you wouldn't be able to. How old are you, anyway?" He looked at her curiously, she seemed strange, called money shinies and didn't even know she was stealing. If anything, she was even more reclusive and odd than he had been in his youth, which was no mean feat.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Words: 30403
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Alenias on January 1st, 2011, 1:56 am

Alenias watched curiously as Dervish gave shinnies to the woman who came up. It did seem easier than taking food from this place, but she didn't have any shinnies of her own. Besides, the bread was very delicious.

When Dervish asked about how old she was she tilted her head to the other side as she thought for a moment, and then gave a shrug, "Treanas says I should be younger than him, but that I look much older."

She took another bite of her bread before returning her attention to Dervish and asked, "Will you help me find Treanas? He has been gone for a very long time. He said he had something to do and that I had to stay and wait for him, but that was more days than I can count," as she spoke her eyes started to tear up again and she gave a little sniffle, "I really miss him..."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dervish on January 1st, 2011, 8:14 pm

Dervish had absolutely no idea what to do about this. Infront of him was a little girl crying, the only women he'd ever seen cry were the ones he had caused himself, disliked or simply not cared about. He sighed and wondered what to do, help the kid or just try to pawn her off on someone... He could even take her to the orphanage, it hadn't been the worst time of his life in there, but that was mostly because of Lorcan. While he was thinking about what to do he looked into her eyes... "I suppose I could help you look for Treanas, if you wanted."
Dervish
Finding a Future

Character sheet

Postby Alenias on January 2nd, 2011, 4:22 am

Dervish's statement brought a bright, beaming smile to Alenias' face, and in a couple blinks all that remained of her tears were faint streaks running down her cheeks, "Yes, I want that very much!" she exclaimed as she practically bounced on her chair.

She couldn't believe her luck. This morning she'd just been looking for something to eat, but now she had found someone to help her find Treanas! Eager to get started right away she hopped off of her seat, knocking it over in the process, and, while still holding her sweet bread in one hand, took a hold of one of Dervish's hands and gave a tug, "Come on, let's go! I've already looked in the plaza and around the tall tower across the water."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dervish on January 3rd, 2011, 3:09 pm

Dervish felt trapped, his own words had slipped out before he had even thought, and now some sort of chase was being started for a man he didn't know, or even care about.
He quickly stepped out of his chair, looking around quickly. How would he find him...? Know him:Where'd you last see Treanas? Do you know anyone he might have talked to before he left...? Dervish asked quickly, he didn't know that much of finding people but without more information it'd turn out to be impossible. He felt nervous, but at least they might get on the move again.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Character sheet

Postby Alenias on January 3rd, 2011, 3:45 pm

In response to Dervish's questions Alenias halted her dash from the table with just a couple steps, and then turned to look at Dervish with her head tilted to the side in thought, "I last saw him at our home, where he told me he was leaving and I had to stay. I don't know who he would have talked to before he left, other than me," she finished with a small shrug.

She didn't really understand why these questions were that important. If you wanted to look for something you went around and looked for it. At least, that's what she had always done. Of course, she'd never really looked for anyone besides Treanas so Dervish probably knew more about that all than she did. Maybe she should let him lead the way?

Still just a couple steps from the table she looked up at Dervish expectantly, wondering what it was he would do to help her find Treanas.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dervish on January 8th, 2011, 11:59 pm

Dervish looked at her with a thoughtful and frustrated look, then answered, perhaps more to himself;"And you're not gonna tell me where that is? Great..." This was impossible. This girl seemed to be utterly naive and didn't understand simple questions. How could he help her?

Dervish walked along the streets with Alenias, they were leaving the docks in direction of the poor quarters, walking through the streets, searching at random for a single person in a city of thousands, a person who might very well not be there, be drowned or be gone. Without any intelligence or information, this was doomed to fail.
Dervish, more or less out of force of habit, lead them through some obscure roads to the entrance to Lorcans' and his small house, and pointed at it;"I live here, I don't think we're gonna find Treanas today.. But if you do, or need my.. Help? You can come here." Dervish murmured, hoping to somehow proe that he was worth some sort of assistance, and perhaps cheer her up abit. He wasn't sure why, but he was rarely sure of why he did anything.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Character sheet

Postby Alenias on January 9th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Alenias followed along behind Dervish, twisting her head back and forth while keeping her eyes wide so she would notice Treanas if they walked past him. She was tempted to become a bird and fly overhead, but that would make it hard to follow right behind Dervish.

Eventually they stopped, and she blinked in confusion at Dervish. They hadn't found Treanas, but they were stopping. When he spoke to her she tilted her head to the side, still a little confused. After a little longer thinking though she gave a nod. It was getting late, and she should return home in case Treanas had returned.

Giving Dervish a bright smile she stepped close and threw her arms around his waist, hugging him for a moment before she stepped back and spoke, "Thank you Dervish, I will!"

With that she turned away from Dervish, took a couple steps, and then transformed into a Blue Jay in a swirl of lights. Left behind was the simple piece of cloth she had used for a dress as she took wing up into the air and made her way back home.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seth on January 11th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Alenias:

• +1 Larceny XP
  • +1 Seduction XP
  • +1 Rhetoric XP

Lores: Good bread is Good, There are still nice people left in the World, How to Trust Nice People, Tears can make a man do ANYTHING, People don't like Thieves.

Additional: After tonight, Alenias has started to hear some strange noises around her house in the middle of the night. It sounds like a person walking around every now and then, or perhaps poking at the walls. Sometimes you may investigate, and each time, you are only able to catch a glimpse of a fleeting shadow. Any further investigation requires a moderator.

The Method behind my Madness :
Nice little thread here! It really paves the way for future development between the two characters. You were awarded a point in Larceny because of the bread you stole at the beginning of the thread. You were given a point in Seduction because of using tears to get your way (even if it wasn't intentional), and a point in Rhetoric for just naturally being sweet and innocent with your requests. You are genuine with people, and it helps!

A way to net more XP next time would just be to describe things out a little more! Write how you are stealing the bread, what the thought process is behind it, perhaps detail a bit of your character planning the whole heist out. Just a few ideas, although you write just fine as it is. It was a great read.

Dervish:

• +2 Intimidation XP
  • +1 Rhetoric XP

Lores: Feeling Protective, Remembering what it is like to Steal, There are some REALLY naive people in the World.

The Method behind my Madness :
You were awarded the Intimidation XP for being quite intimidating in the first few posts of the thread! You also got a XP point in Rhetoric for being nice to the little Kelvic, and doing a good job at getting her to trust you. Bravo! Remember to subtract the 10 silvers and 5 coppers from your CS, if you haven't! ;)

Good thread, guys! I look forward to seeing future interaction with the two characters!
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous