Open Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

A party is thrown by the citizens of Sunberth in the newly remodled rotting mansion for the city wide discussion. The topic at hand? To keep or discard the stone slabs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Regime

Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

Postby Anarkhos on August 2nd, 2016, 6:02 am

83rd of Summer 516 A.V
The rotting mansion
Sunberth
Info :
The event will be held in the rotting mansion on the first floor, all citizens of the city are invited to attend. There has been a temporary truths between all gangs for the sake of the city and meeting. Food and drinks have been provided by all the taverns and are free of charge. Other establishments have donated their services for forms of entertainment such as dancers and bards. Important people from all sections of the city have arrived to speak for their district. Said people consist of.

moderatingPlayers are free to self moderate conversation with any of the speakers as far as casual conversation. Players are not allowed to mod anything that would gain them any form of advantages for past, current, or future threads

The Daggerhands spokesman

The Sun's birth spokesman

Doctor Petricious and Old lady Doris speaking for the citizens

A man known only as John Doe, who claims and unknown group(Night Eyes)

Jilene Ironside and Rats speaking for the orphanage and Sunset Quarter

Remmy and Lotharia speaking for an unknown group(Vigilantes)

A man known as Clay speaking for the slavers.


posting :
Please be considerate of posting for the sake of fellow pc's. There is no established order of posting. I shall make a post every so often to move the thread along. Let's have fun and enjoy ourselves. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me.



"Daggerhands
"Sun's Birth"
"Citizens"
"Sunset quarter & Orphanage"
"Night Eyes"
"Vigilantes"
"Slavers"

The doors of the mansion that was once a pile of rotting nothings were now open revealing an elegant room with smells meant to lift one's spirits. Mumbling and whispers filled the street and room as citizens of all standings and social statuses entered the newly rebuilt building that was soon to be used as a stage for the debate of seasons end.

"Welcome" A man could be heard greeting everyone as they walked into the surprisingly large room that made the previous room seem like a closet space. Upon entering, one would notice the very large buffet of food, drinks and pastries being served by waiters that stalked the walls passing things out to empty hands and hungry bellies.-

The walls were draped with silk curtains that made the room pop with elegant colors, drawing in those that found it fascinating. A band of bards began to play music as the masses continued to grow.

"Make way!"

A voice shouted as the old woman known as Doris made her way with the blind owner of the orphanage Jilene, accompanied by guards, or rather hired swords down the walkway and up the stairs to the seats that awaited those appointed to speak for the city. There were a lot of local famous faces there in the crowds, making the gathering seem like a most elegant ball of some sorts.

The clinging of bells could be heard as dancers began to sway their hips and move their bodies attracting men who willingly tossed coin to them for their performances. Even known members of rival gang could be seen interacting with the party only mere feet from each other though keeping things civilized on the account of the temporary truths that was put in order for the length of the meeting.

Eyes of hate glared from man to man, though they all knew not to raise their swords in acts of violence. All seemed to be going well as everyone that needed to be accounted for arrived as well as the common folk who seemed to be enjoying the festivities.
User avatar
Anarkhos
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 81
Words: 78115
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2016, 11:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

Postby Aladari Coolwater on August 26th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Image

Aladri wasn't entirely sure what was going on.

She had passed by the mansion on her way home from work, as she always did, and had been taken off guard by the delicious smells and raucous laughter coming from inside the doors.

"Welcome! Welcome!" A man called.

Aladari figured that was enough of an invitation.

She wandered in, smiling sheepishly at the door guard as she walked through. She was in her normal clothes, but they were dirtied from work, and she knew she must've looked like Tent City trash. It didn't help that she was gawking at the high ceilings, masses of food, and the quality of entertainment. The Gods themselves must be coming. She thought.

It seemed that everyone but the Gods were there. There were all the gangs, the old Doctor, Jilene of the Orphanage, and a few other notable figures that Aladari couldn't quite place. There were some tensions, with groups of unidentified men glaring at others, but the room was surprisingly free of bloodshed. For the most part, people seemed to be enjoying themselves. They tossed coin at the entertainers, swallowed the food by the bucket, and drank to their heart's desire.

It was Aladari's kind of party.

Taking a drink in one hand, Aladari grinned at a nearby reveler. "What is all for?" She asked.

"They said to me they was gonna have a discussion 'bout them slabs, but it sure ain't look like it, eh?"

"The slabs?" She echoed.

She had worked with the slabs earlier that season, and remembered the horrific time. The memories nauseated her, and she slowly set her drink down.

"Ach! Jus' 'nother s'cuse for them rich petchers to show off is all." The man shook his head, and picked up Aladari's abandoned drink for a sip. "Ain't no debate anyhow. No one in their rights minds are gonna try and keep that slate."

People died for that slab. How can we just let them die for nothing? The thought was instantaneous, without consideration. There was no doubt in Aladari's mind, but she didn't argue. She didn't want to be the cause of bloodshed.

"I guess we'll see..."
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
User avatar
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.
 
Posts: 481
Words: 267855
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Location: Syliras
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

Postby Deliath on August 26th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath arrived at the party slightly later than she had intended, but she didn't see anyone she knew noticing her.

Quietly, she slipped around a few people until she was further away from the entrance before she settled and glanced around, hoping to find someone that she knew.

She had a slight idea of what was happening, that it was something to do with the slabs that had caused so much strife, yet had kept her busier than ever! Since they'd arrived, the demand for herbalists had been on a high and she had learnt more in the past season than the past two years out together.

Of course it had taken a toll. Deliath was tired and more likely to snap at people, something she hated doing, and people had been dying. It wasn't exactly something that Deliath could be happy about.

Sighing, her eyes landed on a girl with dark hair and she approached the girl with a slight smile, extending her hand to the girl.

"I haven't missed anything important, have I?" she asked, before smiling at the girl. "I'm Deliath, as much as I'd like to make your acquaintance somewhere less morbid, it's good to meet somebody new." she exclaimed, tilting her head slightly before glancing around and picking up a drink. "Not entirely sure what this is but there's a truce... It can't be too harmful." she mumbled to herself before taking a sip and nodding, approving the drink for herself.

She was nervous of course, she'd never been in the building with as many people from different factions before, and even though there was the agreement and she knew that nobody would rationally break that agreement in such a serious time, in her heart she was scared that somebody would break that agreement.
~
Any speech in bold is Common
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Anything in italics are thoughts
Image
User avatar
Deliath
Read profile for details of hiatus
 
Posts: 121
Words: 73363
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

Postby Aladari Coolwater on August 29th, 2016, 3:04 am

Image

Aladari hesitated when the girl approached. They weren't familiar, and her nervous smile put Aladari on edge. She couldn't be a gang member. Too soft. But her stomach tightened anyway.

Upon the extention of her hand, and the introductions, she relaxed a bit. "Aladari. Happy to meet you too." She offered, as she took Deliath's hand.

When the girl mentioned that she didn't know what was going on, Aladari jumped at the chance to be in the know for once. "Is a talk about the cursed slabs." She informed her. "Even though we's s'posed to get some kinda 'ward for keepin' the slabs, some folks wanna get rid of 'em. All tha trouble, an' now we's jus' gonna forget about 'em?"

Aladari reached out to the girl, searching for backup in her seemingly unpopular opinion. "You wants ta keep 'em, aye? You wants ta make all this shyke worth somethin'?"

Her vividly colored eyes scanned Deliath's face for some friendly notion. The green, purple, and blue created a tidal wave in the Vantha's eyes, accurately portraying her emotions, even to those who did not know her.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
User avatar
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.
 
Posts: 481
Words: 267855
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Location: Syliras
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

Postby Deliath on August 29th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath could feel her smile widening as the other girl accepted her introductions and took her hand. She was glad that she could now say that she 'knew' somebody else in the mansion, which was more than she had when she had arrived.

Then she looked attentively at Aladari as the other girl told her what was happening. She didn't like the slabs, after everything she'd caused, and she certainly didn't want to throw the slabs away and forget about them like a lot of people did, according to Aladari.

"It wouldn't be right to just get rid of them after everything that's happened already! I can see why people would want to get rid of them, but that should have happened ages ago! We've kept them this long, after all! We should keep them, even if we can't find out what they're really for." Deliath found herself beginning to ramble and found away to stop her part in the conversation, before she looked at Aladari again and saw the girls eyes changing colour, and her mind lit up.

"Oh wow, your eyes... I wouldn't have guessed that you were a Vantha!" she exclaimed, still watching the other girls eyes with a smile on her face, before realising that she might be being rude and instantly glancing away to try and relieve any awkwardness. Soon she looked back at the other girl, focusing on her face in general. "How old were you when you came here?" she asked, automatically assuming that the young woman hadn't been born here
~
Any speech in bold is Common
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Anything in italics are thoughts
Image
User avatar
Deliath
Read profile for details of hiatus
 
Posts: 121
Words: 73363
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

Postby Aladari Coolwater on September 11th, 2016, 3:40 am

Image

When Deliath stated her stance in the argument, Aladari relaxed a little. It was good to be around like-minded company. Especially since that meant that if a fight broke out, she'd likely have an ally. She couldn't be certain that either of them would survive a fight against a single gang member, let alone several, but it was comforting nonetheless.

The only thing making Aladari slightly uncomfortable was woman's forwardness. She was bubbly, curious, and seemingly unafraid of opening up. She must not be from here.

This same thought was echoed by Deliath's next question. "How old were you when you came here?"

The assumption was eye-opening for Aladari. She had never suspected that after years in Sunberth, she still stood out. She had adopted the hideous accent, come to wear Sunberthian style clothes, and even begun to find herself walking- swaggering- like a native. But clearly, she still didn't fit in as well as she thought. She couldn't let this disappointment show, for it would be very confusing to explain, but she couldn't keep her eyes from fading to blue.

"Around fifteen. But I didn't mean ta come 'ere. I wanted to go to Avanthal an' I...I chose the wrong place to stop." It was the simplest explanation she could give without spilling her life story. She didn't return the question, mostly afraid of prying, and partially afraid of unleashing a story that would last for a bell.

Instead, she shrugged, bringing the topic back to the matter at hand. "Don't mean I don' care abouts Sunberth, though. Is home now, no matter if it used to be, or will be."
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
User avatar
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.
 
Posts: 481
Words: 267855
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Location: Syliras
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Calendar Event [Meeting in the Mansion]

Postby Deliath on September 14th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Deliath Telori

~
Deliath watched the girl and noticed her eyes turning blue and she wondered what that meant, although she had some idea, before she turned her head to glance around the room. She recognised a few faces, more through their reputation than anything else, but most of the faces were just ones she'd possibly passed in the street, or completely unfamiliar. Either way, none of them were people that she knew personally, nobody she'd had any interaction with.

Then she heard Aladari speak, talking about how she had been heading for Avanthal, but had ended up stopping in the 'wrong place'. It seemed unfortunate for the girl, but Deliath could imagine there being worse palaces to stop. Somewhere between cities with no resources, a ship lost at sea, or even sold as a slave. All seemed to be fates a lot worse than Sunberth.

"Avanthal? That's the cold place, isn't it?" she thought to herself, having only briefly heard of Avanthal.

"There is worse than Sunberth. At least here there's more of a chance at freedom, and practically everyone can use everywhere as long as you don't rile anyone up the wrong way." Deliath spoke absentmindedly as she glanced around the room again before she heard Aladari speak again, this time clarifying that Sunberth was now her home and she did care about it. "Of course, i can't imagine many people getting where they had planned but most people are happy with where they now call home. Whether it's where they had hoped or not. We just make the best of what we've got, don't we?"

Del found herself smiling slightly as she remembered her plans of travelling through all the regions.
"I was always planning on travelling through all the regions, and visiting all the cities, maybe spend a year or two in each. I got here and then never left..." she grinned slightly. "Now it seems that this place has all the opportunity I was looking for when I started 'travelling'"
~
Any speech in bold is Common
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Anything in italics are thoughts
Image
User avatar
Deliath
Read profile for details of hiatus
 
Posts: 121
Words: 73363
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests