Solo Getting Dirty (Solo)

Ferrin trains in order to earn his ranks as a Knight (Part One of his Training)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Getting Dirty (Solo)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 8th, 2016, 6:27 pm

40th of Summer 516av

"Ferrin you ready to start your day off?" It was Ser Xervos. Ferrins patron who asked him this question. It wasn't the first time when Ser Xervos had asked Ferrin about being ready for training. Surely, it wouldn't be the last either.

"Yes. Yes, Ser Xervos. Of course I'm ready. Clivath and I both." Replied Ferrin assuringly. The two were already standing in what is the Training Grounds. Ferrin had his longbow and quiver to. "Why do I need my bow?" Asked Ferrin, HD was looking at it like it was a stranger to him. Ferrin was really curious.

"Because you need to be good with it while your riding your horse. Do you not want to be proffiecent at a weapon such like that?" The Knight asked him aggressively. Ferrin looked back at his patron, his eyes sparkled a blue hue. Ferrin nodded.

"I do..." Said Ferrin in an almost awe like fashion.

"Good, then I believe we can get started. Lay down the shield and pick up your bow. Your armor can stay on." Ordered Ser Xervos. Ferrin nodded and did as he was told, the squire lowered his shield onto the ground and retrieved his longbow.

"Okay. Do you want me to shoot the dummy with my bow?" Asked Ferrin almost wearily.

"Yes, don't miss." Ferrin nodded and notched in an arrow. Ferrin breathed carefully aimes and fires from thirty yards out.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Getting Dirty (Solo)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 9th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Timestamp

The arrow nearly whistled through the busy Grounds as Ferrin fired it off his longbow. The wooden portion of the arrow bends just a bit before a thinking sound relishes throughout the building. What the arrow struck, was the dummy. Unfortunately, Ferrin didn't strike the head.

Ser Xervos peered over to the dummy and makes 'tsk' sounds. "That's not how you'll kill a bandit. Now, the whole camp will be coming after you Ferrin. How long have you had that bow now?" He asked.

"Almost a year Ser Xervos, but I know I don't have much skills in the bow." Retorted Ferrin, the squire sighed and looked again to where the arrow had struck. It was the abdomen of the dummy. "Though, that hit would've been quite painful." Replied Ferrin calmly.

"Who cares for the pain when you can kill them almost instantly Ferrin. You got to know when they're a threat and when the bandits aren't. It's simple." The knigt informed. "Now, we'll be training for as long as we can today. I really want you to progress in your training." Ser Xervos continued to speak. "Understood?"

"Yes Ser Xervos."

"Good, now aim again. Take out another arrow, come on now. We're burning daylight." Barked the Knight aggressively. Ferrin nodded and did as he was told. Ferrin pulled back on the bowstring, his fingers tensing on the pull. His right hand was almost touching his face, but not enough for the string to do any fatal damage, in case it snaps.

Ferrin breaths, looking at his target carefully, a dummy. Why couldn't he just train at the Pits? There's much more difficult opponents to go up against there?

The squire breaths out. Then he releases the arrow. It whistles through the Grounds and smacks hard against the wood, the force of the arrow chipping off a few pieces of wood from the... arm of the dummy. The hunter curses under his breath and Ser Xervos sighed. "It was good, though try keeping your arms a bit more angled if you can." Comments the Knight apprehensively. "Your aim might be improved slightly... "

Ferrin nodded. The squire didn't know what his patron was talking about, after all his father did teach him how to wield a bow at least. Even though, his father could've shown him a lot more, like knowing how to do more with it than the basics of learning it." Go retrieve your arrows and attempt again. This time, stablelize your aiming? Please..."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Getting Dirty (Solo)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 10th, 2016, 2:43 am

Timestamp

Ferrin mumbled a bit to himself, attempting to assure himself that he was good at archery and that he didn't need this constructive criticism. Well, that was what his father had always called it though.

As Ferrin strolled towards the dummy, he caught sight of something. No, not something but, someone. It was a familiar face, one that is usually discovered here at the Training Grounds. It was Squire Lilly Grant. She was working hard at swinging her blade on the body of the dummy, just a few yards over from where Ferrin stood. The hunter, looked away as he found it discouraging to watch. Lilly was slightly better than Ferrin, but he also has a chance of ranking up to becoming a Knight. Pretty much, anyone who takes a part of the Order does really.

The hunter met the dummy face to face. Well, head to head as one comes to think about it. As the dummy doesn't really have eyes. Or a face. It's practically faceless. Ferrin chuckled almost. He inspected the arrows that struck the dummy. One hit the arm. The second, the abdomen. Ferrin figured that it wasn't fatal. The hits. So, he does need to continue to work on his aim. Perhaps Ser Xervos was right? Maybe he does need to work on his aim more often.

The squire pulled out his hunting arrows. Some wood chips off after each pull. The squire felt a little annoyed from the tug if the arrows themselves. Though, it was usual. It reminds him of times when he was young; he'd go out into the wild lands and practice shooting at the trees. As he looks back at it, he starts to realize that he is slowly missing home. He misses his parents dearly, but he has made a path for himself to follow. He made the choice of leaving Kenash. To do what his father would have wanted him to do.

Ferrin started walking back to his patron.

"Aye, took ya long enough doesn't it boy?"Retorted the Knight prudently.

"Sorry Ser, I was just thinking." Replied Ferrin calmly as he walked back to his longbow to pick it up.

"I saw you looking at her." Said the Knight in his disapproving tone.

"Me, looking at who?" Replied Ferrin a bit sheepishly.

"Don't try that stalling tactic on me boy." Snorts Ser Xervos."Lilly Grant. That's who." He responds.

"Alright you caught me looking. I just wanted to beat her in battle." The squire replies.

"Ah, maybe a few more rounds. Best out of five. Give it your best go eh?" Says the Knight with a slight smile coursing his lips.

"Okay. Out of five hits if I hit the dummy or the head of the dummy?" Ferrin said. It turned out that Ferrin discovered a loop hole with what the Knight was offering.

"Fine, out of ten shots. If you hit three in the head we can settle a spar. Between you and Lilly Grant. Deal?"

"Yeah, deal."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes