Open An Unfortunate Arrival

A newface in a rough town.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

An Unfortunate Arrival

Postby Drakon on August 9th, 2016, 10:22 pm

Drakon
The sun is peeking over the horizon to start the new day. The air is brisk from the ocean breeze. It's the 15th, summer of the year 516 av. And Drakon is just arriving at the gates of Sunberth. He walks in rather then riding his horse to give a slight feign of unimportance and poverty. His longsword is wrapped in cloth to hide it's beautiful craft and his left sleeve is rolled all the way down to his wrists. He pockets his left hand as he keeps his head down. This is the way he walks through the morning. He takes a quick right once inside the walls to Sun's Berth territorry. He quickly looks at the buildings to find the local tavern. Once spotted he steps into it to peer around at the most likely empty tavern, looking for the worker behind the bar.
Drakon
Player

Words: 1436
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2016, 5:27 pm
Race: Isur

An Unfortunate Arrival

Postby Aladari Coolwater on August 15th, 2016, 4:09 am

Aladari waved a single hand at the bouncer. "No, no, ya see, I'm nah in the Sun's Birth. I'm jus' invited . By, uh..." Another wayward hand flew out drunkenly, gesturing vaguely towards the inside of the bar. "Tha fella."

The guard's eyes narrowed, his strong muscles rippling as he clenched his fists. "I don't find this funny." He grunted. "Go home, lass, a'fore you get yourself knocked on your ass. You ain't belong here."

Aladari gnawed on her lip a moment, weighing her odds. There was always the chance of being beaten within an inch of her life, but there was also the tantalizing scent wafting from the door in front of her. Still undecided, she opted to bide her time. "What abouts if I's do somethin' for ya? What cain I do? Ya want...Mizas? Ya need someone quieted? I cain run an' git you a drink if ya want?"

The guard grunted in what could have been mistaken for a chuckle. "Ya can get outta here, if you wanna do me a favor." He retorted, his hand slipping down to the hilt of his sword. "I ain't wanna kill a lady, but it's my job to if you don't leave."

But Aladari wanted to give one last shot. "Ah! She cried as the door swung open for a man. "Thar he is. Aye! Bud!" She leaned in and gestured wildly at a short and heavily built man, choosing what looked like the most modest man there. "Bud! Long time, aye? You ready for that drink I owe ya?" Her voice was loud and clearly drunken, but jovial, with something like a verbal wink to it.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

An Unfortunate Arrival

Postby Karyk on June 18th, 2017, 1:35 am

Drakon
Since your Character sheet has an intervention on it, and it seems you've gone inactive, I'm withholding your grade. Should you return and fix your character sheet, PM me and I will release your grade.

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: X
CS Reviewed by Me: X
Season Request was Submitted for Grade: Spring 517
Season of last IC post: Summer 516
Season of last Paid Seasonal Expense: N/A
Eligible for grade? No

Aladari Coolwater
Skills
Subterfuge: 1
Negotiation: 1
Lores
Some guards don't want to kill ladies, but will
Miscellaneous

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Season Request was Submitted for Grade: Spring 517
Season of last IC post: Summer 517
Season of last Paid Seasonal Expense: Spring 517
Eligible for grade? Yes

I absolutely love Aladari's accent and her attitude. A shame this thread was cut short. Please mark your post in Queue as graded.
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes