Closed Of Man And Boy (Gile, Alexander)

Yazata meets a walking suit of armor.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Of Man And Boy (Gile, Alexander)

Postby Yazata on September 3rd, 2016, 2:22 pm

Yazata.

[3rd of fall, 516 AV]

The days passed in a dreamlike haze that was both refreshingly new, yet frighteningly surreal. It had been over two weeks and the silver-haired boy was still doing his best to adjust, but life with Gile was not as much of a struggle as it was just...foreign. Each day, sleep came to the boy easier, and the hours were happier. Back when he first arrived to what he was told would be his new home, and had been led to his owner’s dwelling, things were very difficult to process and grasp. But now, things were different. Just like Syna, without failure, rose every day after her temporary disappearance, his spirits were not to be kept down for long. The Ethaefal was, slowly but surely, learning how to adapt. Names, places, habits, duties. He worked hard when he was supposed to, and played even harder when the chance arouse. Right now, was one of these times he could do just that.

The rather large tree that loomed near Gile’s place of residence, while usually laden with small birds and critters, was now Yazata’s playground of the day. Ever a lover of testing and pushing his body’s limits -in a way that was more game than anything-, the red-haired youth easily gave in to the urge to climb the tall trunk, and see how far he can go with that. Nimbly, the boy made his way up with only a minimal amount of trouble. Pale hands closed around the lush branches and half exposed legs pulled his form up with some effort and labor. Until, eventually, he found himself sitting on a branch that was thick enough to support his weight. Stopping for a small breath, and to appreciate the somewhat different view of Kenash. For a few moments, the youth allowed himself to be lost in thought, before he stood up and resumed his playful venture. Humming softly, he mouthed the words of an improvised song, while he walked on the branch cautiously, arms outstretched to keep his balance. It was no easy feat, but he enjoyed the challenge nonetheless. Minute after minute, his voice increased in volume, as his excitement to reach the end of the branch mounted.

Apparently, his enthusiastic singing was anything but welcomed by the tree’s local residents. The sudden and fast motion of a bird flying out from within the thick crown of leaves, and right in front of his face, instantly made Yazata flinch, then instinctively step back. Forgetting that he was up high above ground level, the boy only managed a sharp yelp before he found himself, much to his horror, plummeting from the height he was on. Perfectly blue skies met his wide-eyed gaze as he fell backwards, while gravity did its intended purpose and pulled him down with increasing momentum. The cry he wanted to give off was stuck in his throat. This was, obviously, a very foolish thing to attempt to do. But the realization, came a little bit too late by now.

Last edited by Yazata on September 8th, 2016, 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yazata
Player

Words: 39293
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2016, 8:25 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Of Man And Boy (Alexander, Gile)

Postby Gile Askara on September 3rd, 2016, 3:09 pm

Gile Askara

Gile enjoyed the companion he'd found, the boys constant vigor and enthusiasm were painfully infectious the way the boy seemed to enjoy singing at the drop of a hat to the way the boy cheerfully followed most any order given, if all slaves in the city were so compliment Gile was sure that the entire city would be one of peace, as it was it wasn't but at the very least Gile's household tended to be quite serene when the boy was around.

Sitting beneath the tree Yaza had decided to climb in the early morning Gile let the boy do as was his want for the few hours of the morning their weren't any chores to be done and he didn't have any clients for the day so relaxing and letting Yaza relax seemed like a quite simple course of action. Listening to the boys chirping voice in the morning had become something of a comfortable habit for Gile it went well with his morning coffee or tea and it was something that let him think peaceably, if he thought that the boys voice would cure his nightmares he'd have him sing day and night but such an order was as rediculous as it was to cure his affliction so he settled for what he got in the mornings.

As Gile was sipping his coffee the sudden halt from Yazata's voice alerted him to some sort of oddity taking place. the boy hardly ever kept quiet for a particularly long time or quit singing unless he had a reason. The yelp Gile heard gave him just enough time to make an equally distressed shout as Yazata's form crashed onto him knocking his coffee away and landing him flat on his back with Yazata directly atop him. If he hadn't leaned back Gile was convinced he might have just had his neck broken, as things were he wasn't entirely convinced he hadn't just earned a bruised rib or two. Growling from beneath Yazata.

"I know that you Etheafal's are supposed to be a fallen people, But... .I'll be damned if it was supposed to be so literal."

Grunting with effort Gile picked him self up sliding Yazata off of him. locking his eyes on what remained of the coffee he'd been drinking Gile sighed, the morning had been almost peaceful at least, but such was life. Controlling his temper with Humor Gile decided he'd scold Yazata more gently than he had at first wanted to.

"Yaza, i know you love clambering about like a monkey, but if you pull stunts like that you are gonna get one or both of us hurt or killed, you mind pickin safer spots to monkey around, that or I'll just have to put a stop to it."

Putting a little edge to his voice Gile tried to inform the boy that he wasn't to keen on his hobby, it was in one part out of annoyance but another part concern, her didn't want to see the boy hurt if he could avoid it.
Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Words: 68493
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 11:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on September 3rd, 2016, 4:28 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Alex stumbled through the streets, his feet dragging behind him as he did so. The world of events surrounding him changing and whirling with little effort. He was a little lost within the depths and openness of the city. Syliras was bigger granted but he’d spent over a year there learning how to get around. Here he was lost. And not hopelessly just lost. Alex stepped through the nearby Alleys and just off the roads, looking for some indication that he was headed in the right direction. As he did he was snapped out of his stupor by what sounded like a high pitched scream. Within a split second Alex was off running. The squire in him telling him to get there fast.

Whipping past some houses, he rounded a corner to see a kid fall into the arms of what seemed to be his…Parent? Or at very least carer. Shaking his head Alex glanced across the open street trying to figure out just where he’d dashed off too.
“I hate new cities.” Alex muttered to himself pauseing in what seemed to be the middle of the street. Almost ignoring the two. Swinging his eyes to each side of the street Alex just sighed. He hated new places, but it was a necessary evil that he had to deal with. Clearing his threat he spun and stepped over to the now. Somewhat odd duo.

“Excuse me sirs. Could either of you point me towards the local Inn? I’ve gotten a touch lost in my hunt for it.” Alex offered a friendly smile behind the blank steel of his helm. Only after doing so did he realise that he’d still been wearing the blasted thing. Ignoring that and the fact his voice had been so calm and his manner as polite he hoped that he might be able to get directions without causing an incident.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Yazata on September 3rd, 2016, 6:12 pm

Yazata.

Yazata’s eyes were tightly shut, and his heart sank as he waited for the painful impact to come. But instead of smashing into the solid ground, like he expected, he ended up falling on something that is much softer, and meatier. Very slowly, the temporarily dazed boy stirred, then opened his eyes. It was not very difficult to recognize just what had cushioned his fall, and the grumbling protest further confirmed that. Swiftly, he removed himself from where he was and hastened to inspect Gile’s form with his eyes and hands. “Oh goodness, Gile. Are you okay? Are you hurting?” Mild panic that was mixed with concern tinted his voice, he was not that heavy and he knew Gile was more than capable of handling his weight, but he still worried about the man being hurt regardless. Thankfully, instead of a shattered spine, he got out of this with only a rapidly beating heart, and a small passing fright. Sitting up next to his owner, the boy’s hands tried to help pull Gile’s body up, then support it by resting on his back.

The boy’s heart skipped a beat when he was gently -yet firmly- reprimanded. Normally, he would have laughed at Gile’s jesting but now, he just could not do anything but feel utterly guilty. Pale green orbs sought the hazel ones for a second as if looking for encouragement, before looking away. While he was never really shy, the youth’s words faltered and his voice dropped. Fair cheeks were tinted with the slight red of embarrassed shame, clear as day for anyone to see. Pretense was never something he could do, and whatever he felt was displayed clearly and openly on his ever-expressive face. “I...I am sorry, I did not mean to--”

The sound of clanking metal cut him off, and before Yazata could wonder what the source was, he was already seeing it. Furthermore, the suit of armor actually spoke to them. A little startled, the Ethaefal stared with a slightly parted mouth before his lips pulled up into a smile. This person was lost, so it means that he was not a local of Kenash. For that, he felt the obligation to help him and be polite in return. Also, this man called him ‘sir’, which made the youth feel quite...adult. “Oh, yes. The inn is--...” The boy’s voice trailed off then ceased completely, the index finger he held up to point out the direction instead rested on his chin as he blinked, then looked around. A good sense of direction was not something he had been blessed with, and he was -after all- fairly new to the city himself. “...Where is the inn?” The question was aimed at Gile, who was probably the better option to ask and take directions from if the armored person wanted to get to his destination correctly.

Yazata
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gile Askara on September 5th, 2016, 7:23 am

Gile Askara

Well at the very least the boy realized the error of his ways enough to look genuinely sad about it, Which in turn made gile feel a little bad about scolding him in the first place, the boy lust enjoyed having fun and as such Gile hated to decry him for it, but at the same time he would be remiss if he did not scold him, call it one of the pains of trying to be a good example.

"Yeah, i'm fine Yaza, I ain't mad either, just worried, I won't be around to catch ya every time you fall and I'd be perturbed if anything were to happen to you."

As he was talking he ruffled Yazata's hair playfully, as he was doing so he noticed the approach of the metal clad individual. frowning slightly as he looked over the individual Gile wondered just what someone was thinking wandering around in such hot weather wearing a suit that could cook them.

When the man asked for directions he let Yazata do the honor but quickly realized that he had been foolish to expect the boy to have remembered where anything was in the city at this point it was however quite fun to watch him ponder, he was quite amusingly animated at times like this. Looking back to the night gile Decided it would be up to him to deal with the armored man.

Standing up and pulling Yazata up with him Gile offered a hand to the man in armor, he would at least try to be polite to him, hopefully the man would return the gesture.

"Well I can do you one better, I can walk you to it, I'd wager a guess to say you must be new to kenash, that or you just get as easily lost as yazata here. Either way I'm happy to lend a hand. Name's Gile by the way, mind if I ask for yours?"

Like that Gile introduced himself and to an extent Yazata. If the man Acquiesced Gile would take off at a leisurely pace towards the the closest inn, though he wasn't sure exactly which one the man was staying at he was fairly certain it wasn't a high scale Dynasty inn. Beyond that Gile observed the man, it wasn't often full armored people walked about but when they did it was something to take note of, not to mention it didn't hurt to try and make friends with the fellow, it could prove interesting, if the man was a foreigner he'd have to find out what brought the man to the city.

"I gotta ask though, you must be cooking in all that armor right? I can't imagine it's to easy to catch a breeze in all that?"

It felt like a good prompt to get a conversation going and Gile was curios as to how someone could walk around in something so stifling. the city had guards already, to continue to wear armor at all times simply seemed paranoid.

Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on September 5th, 2016, 2:50 pm

The strangeness Alex had thought he’d left behind him had in quite an odd fashion crept up on him yet again. The deference of his question by the young boy to the apparent carer figure was something Alex had expected to happen. However in not so comical a fashion. Perhaps this was a double act he’d stumbled upon? Watching the older of the two brush the kid off of his lap and onto the bench where he’d been sitting then offer his hand in a respectable manner made Alex a little weary. At least from what he’d heard about the city. Still though it couldn’t hurt to show his usual courtesy, could it?

Alex firmly gripped the man’s hand, his own wrapped in steel and leather. The comment was a welcome one.
“I’d welcome the guide. However as for getting as lost as I do…I’m kind of going to say that’s a half and half situation. I’m vastly new here and I’m not too used to cities as a whole. Moved around too much to ever get a proper layout really.” The last part of that was a complete and utter lie. Alex’s mind never forgot a thing, and because of that he had already memorized his way through Ravok, Nyka, Sunberth, Zeltiva, and Syliras. And he’d mapped out and remembered the road routes between the five of them. And now he was starting to add a sixth city to that vast library. “Oh and sorry about that, the name’s Alex Faircroft. What would your guy’s ones be?” Alex spoke with a tone that both belied his stature and his wear. His words were so soft it was almost soothing to the ears. His tone so light it almost lost itself in the surrounding noise.

“As for cooking in the armour…Sadly that’s very true. But it’s not as bad as a Syliran summer. Still it’s not exactly comfortable, but I’ll manage.” Alex finished his words swinging his eyes over to the boy as they walked. “So you this lad’s guardian or father?” A simple curiosity of a question, no malice or ill intent behind it just an odd curiosity.

OOCI got the ok to have Alex’s Dad be a body guard for one of the Dynast kids so feel free to have a bit of a pause or a dwell on Alex’s last name.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Yazata on September 5th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Yazata.

Hearing that Gile was fine, then receiving the comforting reassurance that the man was not upset at him, caused Yazata’s temporary distress to abate. More than being wary of a master’s punishment, the boy simply disliked the idea of causing his owner any sort of pain or inconvenience. A sunny smile bloomed on the Ethaefal’s face when his hair was ruffled, which was followed by a cheery giggle that was brought out by relief. He did love it when his hair was stroked, very much. Although, his hands quickly moved up to fix any wild locks and tuck his bangs behind his ear. Complying to the motion, he stood up and adjusted his clothes, before letting his gaze fall on the third male. This newly arriving person, was amusing in a way. Pale green eyes took in the large and fully armored form, both with awe and curiosity. While the person was -undoubtedly- quite imposing in appearance, his voice when he spoke was rather placid. It prompted the fallen closer while the two men were conversing, but he did not dare get too close to the stranger.

When Gile offered his hand to be shaken, along with a proposition to lead the foreigner to the inn, Yazata’s hand spontaneously went up to shake the armored man’s hand, too. But only a second later, he swiftly retracted his hand, and awkwardly crossed his fingers behind his back. He was a slave, he was probably not supposed to or allowed to shake hands with people. Despite not being in Kenash for too long, the stark difference between Dynasts, Freeborns, and slaves was all too noticeable. Instead, he opted to give the man before them a small bow of his head, in means of greeting. “I am Yazata, and I am new, too.” The red-haired youth chimed, offering what he considered to be his way of showing solidarity with a fellow terrible navigator. Alex Faircroft, Alex Faircroft. Even the man’s name sounded somewhat grand. Inwardly, the ever-inquisitive boy wondered just what kind of visage was beyond that helmet. And just like his master had openly said; exactly how Alex managed to walk around in all this steel with such apparent ease.

Syliran summer? What was that? The question was stowed away for a later time, as the two men began to walk and he, with quick steps, skipped forward to keep to his owner’s side. The ongoing conversation was something he was fully paying attention to, though. When his eyes met those of Alex, and the armored knight made his inquiry, Yazata first replied with a giggle, then a shake of his head. “I have no father, I came from the sky. And you, Sir Alex? Where did you come from?” His small world so far consisted of only Gile’s apartment, workplace, and the very few areas he got to see and visit inside Kenash. Hearing about what else was out there, was making his eyes glimmer with anticipation. All the while he tried to not think too much about what cooked human tasted like.

Yazata
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gile Askara on September 6th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Gile Askara

Gile wasn't sure how to feel about the man yet, but at the very least he was pleased with the first impression, the man had a firm grip to his handshake, a quality Gile appreciated. that quality at the very least. The man was cordial enough in response to his questions, his note on cooking in the armor earned a hardy laugh, and it informed his as to where the man had come from. The man was Syliran, and his name was Alexander Faircroft. That didn't tell him everything he wanted to know but it was a lot, Syliran's were a strange people though he hadn't met any face to face he knew enough to to know that they were not like the Kenashians apart, two completely different societies, he'd have to watch him. while he could and see just what he could learn from the man while he had his company.

Letting Yazata introduce himself and answer the man's question himself Gile smiled wanly at the boys innocence he hoped it didn't bring too much confusion to the man, Yaza's quick admittance as to his origins was very much like him, Gile was more reserved in his approach to people, people were simply not to be trusted unless one had good reason to do so, their was power in secrets and keeping them while learning everyone elses was an admirable goal as far as Gile was concerned.

"As for my Name, It's Gile, Gile Askara. I'm Yazata's master, and friend when he's not falling off of things onto me. Anyways it's a pleasure to meet you mister Faircroft. you mind me inquiring as to what brought you to our fine city? I'm quite capable of finding most anything in it"

Playfully nudging Yazata with his elbow when he mentioned him he smiled at the boy and at Alex in turn.

"It's a good thing you came in fall Faircroft, you'll get to see the benefits of this years harvest in full if you stick around, some mighty fine banquets are approaching. If you've the time I'd love to take you to one, after all it's easy to lose sight of all the fun in the city when you look at it from a newcomers eyes."

There was half truth in Gile's words, the first thing anybody really realized about the city was that it ran on slave labor, and too many people seemed to question such a system. Not that Gile would stand up and say it was moral, but it made for effective plantations and a strong economy. Kenash was not a city for heroes in Gile's opinion it was a city for opportunists and entrepreneurs, and unless the man intended to be a mercenary Gile wondered what a armor clad traveler could want.
Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on September 7th, 2016, 4:48 pm

Apparently the kids name was Yazata, and the older man’s name was Gile. A strange pairing except for the fact that what seemed stranger was the comment that yazata made about coming from the sky. A youngish boy full of questions and a rather stoic father figure. But why did he use the term “master”? As for what brought him to the city, that was something Alex didn’t want to fully reveal, but he’d give some base details.

“I’m here searching for someone. And that’s really all I can say, on the matter there. However to answer Yazata’s question, I’m from a place called Syliras, it’s twenty odd days travel from here north eastwards.” Alex’s sense of direction wasn’t the best but a quick glance into the sky to see the sub noon sun gave him the general gist. A quick spin to point out the direction and he finished his sentence. “In a that way’s direction.”

The walk continued for a few more minutes before Gile spoke again, about it being a good thing he came in fall. Judging from the humidity and the heat it very much was a good thing he came at this point in time. Alex gave out a small sigh to punctuate the start of his response. “Sadly I won’t be here for too long. I’m only sticking around for about twenty days. I have to get back to Syliras. I’ve unfinished business there. So it’s a shame I won’t get to see a lot of the cities finer points. Though I’m sure my search will allow me to see a lot of the city in particular. And don’t feel obligated to call me “Mr.Faircroft” Call me Alex. I don’t feel like I’ve really done enough yet to warrant such formality. It also make me feel particularly old.” Alex grumbled and finally yielded to the heat, peeling the helm off of and letting his hair head feel the cool passing breeze. Finally revealing his face as well.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Yazata on September 8th, 2016, 9:31 am

Yazata.

Cheery giggling filled the air when Yazata was proclaimed a friend, then playfully nudged. The scare of the fall, and the scolding that followed, were both now long forgotten. Little managed to linger in his head unless it was a lesson, a piece of information, or a needed memory. Pale green eyes nearly sparkled with the mention of ‘mighty fine banquets’, the boy could not help but wonder if he was going to be allowed to take part in any of that. For some odd and unknown reasons, the prospect of being in gathering of people, felt quite familiar. Nostalgic, even. Not much time was given to the Ethaefal, to dwell on what he felt. Instead, he followed the conversation between Gile and Alex, slowly finding himself more and more at ease, enough to move away from his master’s side and circle around the steel-clad man who -surprisingly- moved quite nimbly in all this armor. So the man named Alex came from a land called Syliras, and was in Kenash to search for someone. It did appear that Alex was reluctant to share any details regarding his reason for visiting, but even one as naturally curious as Yazata would know better than to be invasive with questions. When he deemed the knight appropriately immersed in the exchange, the red-haired youth slowly and carefully reached to touch the metal that glinted under Syna’s light. Nothing too forceful, nor eager. The touch was a mere brush with his fingertips, against the cold surface.

It was all fine and fun until the boy rested his pale palm on the armor for a tick. Just a tick. And something...just something...the faintest of sensations...took over his mind.

The clanking of metal being moved drew Yazata’s attention up, and whatever the boy was expecting to see, it certainly was not this. If he is to use Alex’s air of grandeur as an indicator, he would have pictured a stern visage to lie behind that helm. He did wonder why the man was wearing that. Perhaps his face was horribly disfigured? But instead, what his gaze fell on was a very pleasant face, soothingly placid eyes, and the complete lack of any apparent disfigurations. “You do not look scary at all.” The boy blurted, only realizing that he had exposed his thoughts after he spoke. But that was not the only thing he wanted to say. There was something else, edging closer to the tip of his tongue, although he did not allow it to come out of his mouth yet. In its place, something else was spoken instead. “Is Sir Alex a...soldier?” There was the slightest shift in tone as the boy asked his question. It was hardly any different than his usual mellifluous voice, but there lied a tint of concern if one was attentive enough to pay attention to it.

Yazata
Player

Character sheet