Closed Good For What Ails Ya (Coryn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Good For What Ails Ya (Coryn)

Postby Konrad Venger on October 12th, 2016, 10:22 pm

Konrad was no stranger to informants. Sunberth was rife with them, from homeless urchins giving tips for coppers to men and women whose (often lucrative) profession focused solely with collecting and selling off whatever intelligence they could gather. The Daggerhands had their network, of course, but Konrad was never a true "Brother" so he relied on his own.

He'd never really got the knack of it.

But Kenash was not Sunberth, and Konrad was not quite the same man he was in the Reaches or the Slums. He wore his skin and his name, true enough, but would that scrapper have sling fire from his hands? Would he have traveled across half the world, uprooted himself from alleys and smog and eastern breezes to embrace fetid Suvan swamps?

It's taught you some subtlety, this place. Like that Reisen bloke. The man from Ravok. The girl at the hotel.

"Quite an idea..."

He was stalling for time, but that was the benefit of being a scarred, brutal-looking bastard: people never expected anything halfway intelligent from you. His hand reached idly for her again before his mind came hissing back to the fore, reminding him of that danger... but cautioning an amendment, rather than an outright denial.

Water rippled and winnowed gently as his hand dipped into it. His eyes were lidded, hidden, contemplative as he raised his glistening limb... and let a rain of warm droplets cascade onto Coryn's arm, resting on the edge of the tub. He watched as pearl after pearl tumbled and splashed until they ran together and became a rivulet, a river, a flow of shining fluid that seemed to make her skin glow.

If anyone could coax a man's secrets, it'd be this one.

"I think-"

The bath rippled and sloshed gently around him as he leaned forward, perhaps stunning the young Ethaefal that he would be so bold, his face coming close to hers-

-only to veer away from her lips, hideous visage resting almost cheek-to-cheek with her, smoky breath pulsing into her ear with every whispered word.

"-you still owe me a massage, girl." He paused. Not long, but one could read tomes in such pregnant snatches of time. All his stalling seemed useless now, because he was still unsure, still without a conclusion, so decided to wing it like he always had. "An' if what youse can tell me helps those that pay my coin, I'll make sure yer own lot gets better an' all."

It was hardly Konrad's promise to make, the word of the Radacke Dynasty, but he was a man who dealt in half-truths when it suited him. At worst, he got the girl's hopes up for nothing, and he could live with that. It would be one more lesson for her: never to take anything at face value. At best, he'd cultivated a source, would use her to carry whispers from her lips to Radacke ears and eventually, with time and application, see both of them to better fortunes.

And why is that second future the one you paint to large and bright? Don't go soft for some cunny in chains, you moron.

"Start wiv' me shoulders, love," he said a little louder as he relaxed back into the tub, for the benefit of any unseen ears mayhap cocked at keyholes. "Been givin' me a load a' bother lately."

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4