Magic Doesn't Look that Hard? II

Ferrin begins his magic.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 10th, 2016, 1:45 pm

Timestamp: Fall of 75th 516av

Description "Ferrin Speech." "Tukant." "Pavi Speech." "Others."

Continuation from this thread...

"So to begin. Auristics is one of the most easiest Magics to learn, it's not that hard, but it'll take just as long as any other Magic." Sera Frostfawn paced back and forth in front of Ferrin, her index finger placed gingerly below her chin as if she were recalling all that she learnt about Auristics, it seems to Ferrin that she's starting from the beginning. "You have to be careful, when reading an aura, if you focus on it too much, you'll be taking a risk, and it won't be a pretty one."It's a good thing that Ser Xervos gave Ferrin a journal and piece of coal. It was a used Journal, but nothing was in it, Ser Xervos gave some excuse that an old friend bought if for him. It was a good thing that he had never used it because Ferrin didn't want to read his patron's feelings.

Ferrin began writing down the simple notes. He made sure to write in a big enough font so it's easy enough to read.

Auristics: One of the easiest magics to learn.
Note: The dangers of Auristics; Overgiving - too much focus on one aura can be dangerous.

"So, to add, I'd like to say this- you need to focus on the Djed around you, and understand that it's something that needs to be controlled otherwise the conjuring will overwhelm you and you will be harmed, perhaps both mentally and physically."She stopped pacing, Ferrin was hoping to see his patron around now, the absence of Ser Xervos made things feel quiet.

"Any questions?"Ferrin looked up from his journal. He closed the book gingerly and held onto the coal, he wasn't so sure what to do with it, it's been a long time since he had to write things down, for sure.

"No, I don't think so... wait, actually I have something. What can I see while using Auristics? What are the possibilities of using the Magic?" Ferrin asked looking down at Sera Frostfawn curiously, his hand hanging loosely from his side.

"There's a ton, in fact too much, but I'll explain them to you as we progress, are you ready?"Ferrin nodded, and placed his book and coal inside one of his cloak pockets. "Yes." came the response, for the most part he was ready.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 14th, 2016, 2:56 pm

Timestamp:

Description "Ferrin Speech." "Tukant." "Pavi Speech." "Others."

"Auras, are fields that surround objects and beings; only Aurists are able to inspect them."Ferrin nodded, Sera Frostfawn continued to pace, and Ferrin watched with patience, though he was slightly tapping his foot upon the dirtied floor beneath him as he waited, what was he waiting for? By now, Ferrin would at least get some sort of training at this time if he could. "To focus on an aura, is to allow the Djed; the magic that flows throughout Mizahar, it's untouchable, and it's pretty much invisible, it's like the air sort of. You can feel it, but you can't really touch it."Sera Frostfawn continued. "You need to focus on the Djed so you'd be able to control, but it's important to be aware of how much your taking in."

The Kenashian looked around; he noticed a few other squires looking at him and Sera Frostfawn, but he figured that the Mage-Knight didn't care so much. It made Ferrin feel a little nervous, having others being around to watch him, what if he screws something up, will Sera Frostfawn continue to teach him, or would he have to find a new teacher? The biggest thing to worry about is that he should just focus on learning the magic right now, that is what he wants to do, is it not?

Back in Kenash, Ferrin didn't really know what he wanted to do; there was so many possibilities; he couldn't chose. He still was pondering whether or not that leaving Kenash was the right thing to do. He was told; it was a brave thing of him to do, to leave the city and travel across Mizahar just to be a Squire, and after a few seasons, he's pondering whether or not becoming a Knight is what he really wants to do, though being a member of the Order opens up so many doors, and Ferrin doesn't have to worry about much while surviving each day. He has what he needs, he has his love; Jade, and she and Dina are his family now. He wondered if he should take Dina and Jade to visit his family back in Kenash. If they're still there. Hopefully they would be, Durin would probably be there, his brother, his sister Ericka, was in Riverfall. That much he knew, he didn't know a lot about Riverfall, but he figured that would be a nice place to visit some day.

"So you're ready then?"Sera Frostfawn asked the Squire, Ferrin snapped back into reality the thoughts of everything else quickly subsided as he looked down at his teacher. "Yes, I'm ready, of course."The Mage-Knight nodded and she sat on the ground, crossed legged; "Sit." She said, so Ferrin did the same, unhooking his short broadsword and placed it on the ground beside him. "You should start to focus your mind to clear it, that's how you'll be able to concentrate; just remember to be calm."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 3rd, 2016, 1:35 am

Ferrin had no idea what he was supposed to do, even though he was told to clear his mind, che wasn't sure of what exactly. To be honest, it was already to frustrate the living petch out of him already, he should focus clearing his mind, well what did Sera Frostfawn have in mind, how should he clear it? All of these questions ran through his mind, like a stallion running wild through the Sea of Grass. The Squire had no intention of clearing his mind what so ever, and he didn't even know what it meant to clear his mind of. Was this woman showing him the right way to perform magic, such as this?

"What... what exactly am I supposed to rid my mind of?" The Squire asked, sighing a bit heavily, he felt that he was bored, or it was either the insecurity of feeling unsure about something, to conclude, he was basically clueless, and he didn't really like conceding like this. Sure, training with a bow would be easier, but magic- now that was something else of course and Ferrin barely knew enough about magic to even ask about it, it's been so long that he wanted to learn magic, but now he wondered, was this time of place the right place and time? It was all so confusing, truly, and probably getting a teacher would solve that situation, or maybe... make it worse? Nah, how could something like this be worse if he were to learn magic?

"Ferrin it's not hard." The Knight said, looking at Ferrin with an unsurprised expression coursed upon her face. Ferrin was sure that he probably wasn't the only Squire who didn't understand how to use magic at first hand. Of course, magicians have to begin somewhere right? Otherwise, where else would they be without magic if they didn't practice it? Ferrin wondered, who created magic in the first place. He took mental note of it as he figured it was important to know, maybe magic has been introduced way before the Valterrian war.

"You don't need to have... so many, abstract thoughts. You need to keep your mind straight and be sure to concentrate on obtaining the Djed around." Sera Frostfawn paused to take a breath, inhale, and exhale, then she began speaking again. "Overview, Djed is; it's like particles of magic that flow around us, we can't see it, hear it, or touch it, it's sort of like air, but we can consume it just the same. " Sera Frostfawn said. "Now, I wanna see you try this time, try and focus."

433:Words

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 3rd, 2016, 2:13 am

Ferrin took a few more breaths as he waited to have his mind clear it. The breathing was working, it aided his calmned demenur, which he liked very much and he didn't know where to be if he wasn't calm most of the time. He didn't want to be an angered man, and live with no one to love him and care about, no friends, and no one to talk to. No, he wanted to be the positive thinker, optimistic, he needed to be the better person. That's how he met Jade awhile back, and now, they have a child together. What could go wrong with that? Why did Ferrin have to clear his mind of those experiences he's had, the memories he made? Well, it's not like he's forgetting about them completely, right?

"Good, see you're getting the gist of it." Sera Frostfawn encouraged the Squire, she didn't express the encouragement one hundred percent completely, it was a plain nonetheless, but still it boosted whatever confidence Ferrin had by a slight chance of improvement. Perhaps this magic thing could work.

"You feel relaxed?" Sera Frostfawn asked the Kenashian with a simple nod and a look of plain content towards the Squire. Emotionally, Ferrin didn't feel any different, but Mentally, he felt a bit relaxed and clam.

"Yes." Ferrin said soothingly, and stretched his shoulders around a bit loosening them up and preparing both physically and mentally to consume the Djed.

"Now to be sure, learning magic is difficult, it was fairly challenging for me when I first began to learn magic, almost every mage goes through the same process as I." Sera Frostfawn informed Ferrin, her countenance appeared to be merely stern and rigid while she explained, Ferrin wondered if she were attempting to intimidate him with her expressions. It didn't really work, considering she was really small for her height, Ferrin stood a whole foot higher than she.

"You'll be going through the same." She paused and made sure that Ferrin was paying attention, because if he wasn't then something will surely happen and Ferrin would be the one to blame. "Focus now, understand what's flowing through you, let the Djed enter your body, consume it, but remember, don't consume too much. Just do your best at 'feeling' for the magic." With that, Ferrin began concentrating, and his concentration was steady, he just hoped that it'll last long enough.

+401 words
=834

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 3rd, 2016, 1:35 pm

"It'll take some time I know, but patience is the big key here, Ferrin, remember." Sera Frostfawn said, she decided to stand where she was, Ferrin wondered what was supposed to happen next. What was he supposed to see? He was just beginning to grasp how to conjure it, or more importantly how to understand it, well... he didn't understand it fully. That slightly bothered him, it was a little bit scary to think about it of course and Ferrin wasn't sure what he was supposed to see. He was too busy concentrating on clearing his mind, he wondered what he was supposed to see, what would pop up through his vision, she said something about auras, so perhaps he could focus on that? Maybe... suddenly, Ferrin felt a tingle, a little shock per say, and he jumped, his concentration was lost.

"Petch it." Ferrin mumbled to himself. Sera Frostfawn looked at him, and sighed.

"This will take longer than I thought it would be, perhaps we could take a walk to somewhere and see if we could find a nice place for you to think. Maybe the Grounds are a bit much for you?" Sera Frostfawn asked the Squire, without any other word, she began heading out, down stairs. Ferrin sighed and rubbed his eyes, before following Sera Frostfawn.

Descending down the stairs took a little effort, Ferrin was washed over with a small wave of exhaustion. Ferrin felt for the wall and he slowly followed behind the Knight, Ferrin hoped that Sera Frostfawn hadn't noticed, but he had a feeling she did, she didn't turn around to look, so Ferrin assumed that things were okay. Maybe they were just going to get some tea or something to help him relax, Ferrin had his coin pouch with him, so that was that, and for sure, tea would probably be the best bet.

"Where would we be going?" Ferrin asked as the two reached the bottom of the staircase, his senses coming back to him. He sighed, feeling relieved that the exhaustion wasn't permanent, he didn't want to go home at that moment, he wanted to learn and make sure that he'll be able to understand this magic.

"A place for tea." Sera Frostfawn chimed, "I like tea, don't you like it?" She asked Ferrin without looking at him. "Sure, tea is good." Ferrin said with a slight smile. The two passed some guards and went outside, pushing open the massive metal door, outside onto the busy streets of the Fortress City of Peace, Synas light shown quite brightly overhead, and Ferrin was glad that the fog wasn't present as much here in the city, though he had heard rumors that the fog traveled to the Mythryn, which probably wasn't a very good thing... or would it be?

Ferrin wasn't sure where they were heading, but he figured that it was some place that he's already been.

WC: 1330

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 10th, 2016, 1:32 am

"Sure, the Rearing Stallion. I like this spot." Ferrin said a bit relaxed. He rested his hand over the pommel of his short broadsword. The Kenashian yawned as the two found their way through the obstacle course of people around the street. Ferrin stopped before the door.

"Well, have you heard of a handle?" Sera Frostfawn asked rhetorically. Ferrin rolled his eyes while he glanced upwards at the faint red painted sign of the Rearing Stallion, which had an engraved Stallion standing on it's rear hooves as well. The Squire looked around the Rearing Stallion almost ignoring the Mage-knights rhetorical question.

Ferrin sighed, hoping to see someone he knew take a walk or something, there was a few more people behind him and Sera Frostfawn who wanted to come inside as well.

"Well, get a move on then." Sera Frostfawn continued, ushering Ferrin inside, the Squire grabbed hold of the handle before she shoved him into the building almost childishly. Ferrin was worn out basically, he didn't really know what he was supposed to do here.

"I'll find us a seat." Ferrin said.

"No, I'll do it." Sera Frostfawn said stubbornly and clicked her metal boots against the floor. Technically, they're not on duty at the moment so it's fine to be at the Rearing Stallion. The squire rested his back against the wall opposite of where the door swings open, so that the door won't fly open on him of course.

"Hey, c'mon." Sera Frostfawn called over, waving her arms to Ferrin. Ignoring the others St the Rearing Stallion. The bartender was here of course, and the food smelt good, steamy and warm. It reminded Ferrin of home, Kenash, well he was born in Kenash and was there for a few years as a child and then they went of to travel around Cyprus, his family didn't really travel much outside Cyphrus, but Ferrin was told about some of his family being in Syliras, so he decided to leave his family last summer to come here and be a Knight. Like how his father told him during his stories.

"Oh, coming!" Ferrin said and started at a quick walking pace avoiding a waiter who was carrying a tray of tankards.

Ferrin sat down eventually. He was glad he was sitting now. He didn't have to worry about his feet getting sore. Now, as he sat, with the food smelling good, and him being comfortable, he was getting hungry. It was later in the morning, almost in the afternoon. So, why not go for a good meal at the Rearing Stallion?

"There's one thing that I need to tell you about Auristics." Sera Frostfawn said in a mere serious manner. "I want you to understand that it's difficult and just as much fatal as any other magic out there here in Mizahar." She said, looking at the waitress across the room, hoping that she'll come over.

"Since we're sitting and getting comfortable. We can talk about it some more."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 10th, 2016, 2:29 am

"Honestly, magic is really hard in general Ferrin." Sera Frostfawn said as she used her head to move around her hair out of her face. The Mage-Knight took a sip of water that was freshly poured into her coup, Ferrin did the same. He was quite thirsty.

"Anything for you two?" A waitress said looking at the two expectantly back and forth. "Drinks, food?" She asked, with a smile across her face. Ferrin nodded.

"Sure, I'll like a wine and a meal for lunch." Ferrin responded.

"I'm good with water and the meal as well. Thank you." Sera Frostfawn replied with a simple nod and focused her attention on Ferrin, almost studying him. It made the squire a little uncomfortable, but he wished that Ser Xervos was here, otherwise he would be more calm, but it turned out that Ser Xervos has been quite busy lately and Ferrin has only been taught little these past few days he wondered why it took time to become a Knight, and why it required so much work. Training to become a Knight, and being a Knight.

"Thank you. I'll place in your orders to the chef." The Waitress said and hurried off.

Sera layed back on her chair a bit, though she mostly kept mere perfect posture while sitting. Ferrin sat upright and had his arms rested on top of the arm chairs. He used a hand to reach for his cup.

"I could tell something about you. Right now." Sera Frostfawn said, she observed his hand as he picked up the cup of water, it was nothing more to a cup of water, but to a common Aurists' eye, one could see more.

"Tell me of something about me? Like what?" Ferrin asked before he took a sip of water.

"I can feel it, your nervous aren't you?" Sera Frostfawn replied cupping her hands together. Even if she was short, she was quite spine-chilling. It ran tingles up his back, and messages through his mind, he gripped onto the cup, knuckles turning white. He wasn't too nervous, he was just uncomfortable. He didn't really understand how Sera Frostfawn knew.

"How did you know?" Ferrin asked, his hear racing a little he was a little anxious as well.

"Auristics. It reads the emotion off of the aura." Sera Frostfawn replied. "It takes a long time to get used to that." She said before taking a drink of her own water. There was commotion happening all around them, though people were fairly quiet for the most part. The visitors are usually more roudy during dusk.

"Oh, so you can really tell a lot about auras." Ferrin said in awe. The waitress came back again and she had Ferrins' wine.

"Here's your wine and lunch. Beef stew. Two Golden Mizas." She said and Ferrin nodded, the woman placed his stuff on the table and the Squire handed her the two Golden coins. "Thanks." She said, "miss, I'll be getting yours soon." She hurried off again.

"Okay..." The Mage-Knight said. "Anyways, as long as you keep practicing your magic, you'll be able to control more of it as you progress. After lunch you have whatever you want to do. Read or whatever. Come back and meet me at Stormhold tomorrow." She paused seeing her food come to the table and handed the waitress give silver mizas. The waitress nodded and said "enjoy," before she moved again. Busy, attending to other customers.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes