(Flashback) Use Your Singing Voice (Anu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Blythe on January 12th, 2011, 6:07 pm

When Blythe stopped singing, Anu clapped her hands, praising her slight vocal improvement(s). Blythe smiled sheepishly over at Anu. She didn't think she had improved all that much, certainly not enough to merit a few well-timed claps, Blythe thought to herself.

Anu stopped, only to lift her skirt, and go sit by the sea. She was sitting in wet sand, the tide coming up and licking her ankles before retreating. The other Konti looked out at the water for a few moments, before suggesting that Blythe think of her voice as the sea, what a strange analogy Blythe thought, soon forgetting what the woman said, perhaps intentionally, perhaps not.

Anu simply sat silently, looking out at the sea, perhaps she was waiting for Blythe to join her? To say something to her? Ask something? Blythe could not be certain. She waited a few more moments in silence, before taking a seat next to Anu, and looking out at the water, it was sparkling in the sunlight, which at times, made Blythe forget that it was a beautiful blue-ish green, and not a reflection of the sun.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Anu on January 13th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Anu didn't really understand why people were so quiet, but she accepted it, since both of her sisters were the same way. She must have gotten that trait from her father, since her brother, the crazy Akalak the came around from time to time, was talking 24/7... or well, he was yelling mostly...

Looking over the emotionless face of the other Konti girl, she sighed and slowly just laid down, letting her fingers draw some random lines over the sand.
Her lips parted, this time though not to sing
"Do you find singing important in your life Blythe? Is it something you truly like to do?"

She couldn't imagine her life without music, not even for one second. Everything she did was while humming her favorite melody. All that lived close to her knew it and were not bothered by it. One day, she knew she will be singing, singing for money and her own, as well as pleasure of the ones that listened to her.
Maybe she'd even be well known because of it? Naaah... that's not what she wanted.... she just wanted a family and some free time to enjoy in what she does.
All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction
Anu
She, who they bow before...

Words: 27747
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 14th, 2011, 4:50 am

Blythe looked over at Anu. Enjoy singing? Hmm, Blythe thought about it. Although it was a sort of creative outlet, it wasn't one she'd normally consider fun, which was sort of ironic considering how she had once heard it said that "singing was poetry set to music," or something along those lines anyway, and she really really liked poetry. Which made her wonder why she wasn't anywhere near as fond of singing. Maybe she was too self-conscious she thought, before replying, "it's alright I suppose..." her voice being carried away by a sudden gust of wind. "I much prefer poetry though," she said as she looked over at Anu, squinting sightly now that the sun was shining directly into her eyes. Blythe tilted her head down a bit, so that a few strands of her blonde hair fell into her eyes, helping to block out the unwanted sunlight.

"Do you like to sing?" Blythe asked, her voice trailing off a bit before she continued speaking, "you seem like you practice... at least a lot more than I do, but then again, that isn't really saying much," Blythe said, a playful smile spreading from ear to ear. Blythe tucked some loose strands of hair behind her ears before she turned back to Anu, awaiting her answer, just as the waves crashed into the sand, and licked her toes before retreating back to the deep dark depths of the sea.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 14th, 2011, 10:55 am

Anu smiled as Blythe looked at her. It seemed like this woman took a while to reply which almost instantly made Anu figure out that she wasn't all that amazed by it.
When she actually answered the question, Anu just nodded and looked out towards the sea.
The thing about poetry made her smiled and move her attention towards Blythe again
"Oh? You write poetry Blythe?? That is really interesting... I've never met anyone that does so"

The next question Blythe asked made Anu giggle. Does she like to sing?
Of course she does! Singing is everything to her, during those dull days when her mother is not at home. Practicing singing makes Anu happy, even when she is completely alone.
Her eyes moved over Blythe's face, noticing how the sun bothered her which of course made Anu smile. Pushing the hair behind her ear, she whispered
"I love to sing.... It's pretty much everything I do. Well, at least when my mother is not teaching me things about the world outside.... I wish I could go there and see how it works.."
All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 14th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Blythe wondered how the Anu hadn't managed to meet a poet until now. It seemed like so many of the other Kontis wrote poetry, even though it may not be very good, or written very often. Blythe had to admit, that at times, she could be a little obsessive when it came to her writing. Sometimes, the only reason she seemed to wake up was so she could write, or at least, when she was really upset, it sure as heck seemed that way.

Blythe sighed, she wasn't surprised to hear that Anu liked to sing. She wouldn't say that she was bothered by Anu's answer, instead, that it truly made her wonder, how could one practice one of the two art forms without the other, how one could favor one of the two far more than the other. Blythe looked out at the sea, the sun sparkling on it, listened to the waves crashing into the shore for a moment, before turning to Anu and asking, "have you ever heard the phrase 'singing is poetry set to music?'" Before pausing and adding, "it makes me wonder why I like poetry so much more than singing..." Blythe's voice trailed off, and she wondered if Anu would understand anything she had left unsaid.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 14th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Anu watched the girl looking at the sea. She seemed like she had quite a bit on her mind, but nothing bad... She just seemed absent?
It didn't bother Anu, not one bit, since she knew how that felt. Wanting to be away from the world, wanting to be within her mind, along with the songs... and the sea....
The way it sparkled before them, the way it made Anu's body shiver with each crash against the shore.... It was truly a miracle.

"have you ever heard the phrase 'singing is poetry set to music?'" , the girl asked, bringing Anu back, out of her lovely dream.
Reality seemed far less beautiful, but still quite nice... well, other then the annoying hair that was in her eyes.
Anu's small fingers moved along, pushing the strands of her hair behind her ear before replying
"No I haven't.... but it is a beautiful thing to say....", but before she continued, the girl added another, unfinished sentence.
Was there something hidden behind those words?
There must have been....
"Maybe things are made that way so great poets can become friends with great singers and make art together?"
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 14th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Blythe laughed at Anu's words, her eyes lighting up, her lips parting into a wide smile that exposed her pearly white teeth. Her body shook slightly with each laugh, and her toes shivered each time the waves came up to lick them before returning to the sea. Blythe's blonde hair was spiraling across her face, covering her eyes, before being shaken out of the way, only to fall back to where they started. "Perhaps," Blythe began, "although I am not so sure I have ever met a poet's whose words could match the beauty of a woman's voice, or a singer who could give a poet's words justice...." Blythe's voice trailed off, "but then again, who am I to say? When the only poet I know personally is myself, and the only singer I am aware of is you..." her voice trailed off again, "it is not the same to say that we know of more poets or singers even... people we have heard stories about, or whose work we have read in books..." Blythe turned to Anu again, "do you know many singers Anu? Have you read any poetry? Anything you may wish to turn into a song? Do you have a favorite song?" Blythe asked, as she started to scoop sand into her hands, and let it fall back onto the beach through the cracks in-between her fingers.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 15th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Anu smiled warmly as she heard the woman laugh. Ever since she was a very young child, she loved making people happy.
The things Blythe said actually made sense. Who was any singer to try and express what a poet feels and who was any poet to hold back a singer's voice with their song.
After all, who are we to judge or even try and understand what the other one may be hiding within them....
Anu had to shake her head and that thought out of it before it got out of hand.
When Blythe said the same thing Anu was thinking about before, the little Konti just smiled, nodding like she understood what that all was about.
Hearing all the questions that Blythe asked her made her sigh, not in an annoyed way, but like she was trying to figure out what is the first thing she is going to say
"Well, I know... three singers....not including myself of course and yes... I do have a favorite song... it's called "Sleeping sun"... Rather hard song to sing, but I'm hoping that one day I will sound as good as I think one should while singing it.."
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 16th, 2011, 12:57 am

"I have never heard of it..." Blythe confessed, in reference to the mention of Anu's favorite song. "And I am certain, that one day, if you keep practicing, you will do the song great justice... but that is with anything, you know? You practice, and you tend to become more and more skilled at something, but never perfect, and as long as you can live with imperfection, there is no true imperfection, since you do not mind its presence in your life." Blythe felt like an old proverb, and chuckled to herself. She picked up a fistful of sand in each of her two hands, and allowed it to fall out of the cracks in-between her fingers, and back down to the beach. Blythe turned to Anu and said, "it's too bad though... so many of us seem to be so caught up in perfectionism that we keep ourselves from doing great things, myself included." Blythe looked down at the sand again. It was soft and warm beneath her.

OOCHey, I was thinking we would wrap up soon-ish, just so you know, feel free to catch me in chat and tell me what you think. =)
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 16th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Anu smiled at when Blythe confessed that she didn't know the song, not really wanting to sing it either, since as she said, she didn't believe that she can do justice to such a song.
But when the girl continued talking, Anu was rather impressed... amazed by the words coming from such a young woman.
"I know what you mean by that... My mother used to tell me about it all the time..... Until I understood what she meant by it... Now I only aim to get as close as I can to perfection, cause I know I can't really reach it..:"

Yes, she knew it, after years spent listening to her mother saying the same stuff Blythe was saying now.
Why aim for perfection when you can't reach it? Why not try and do real good things.... eventually it will become so good that you won't even notice it's imperfection....
Once again, Anu was deep within her thoughts, this time not noticing it and not being able to snap out of it herself.

OOC: Sure, why not n_n
Anu

Character sheet

PreviousNext