(Flashback) Use Your Singing Voice (Anu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Blythe on January 6th, 2011, 4:42 pm

50 Summer, 507 AV

Blythe was standing barefoot on dark, moist sand. She was looking out at the blue-green sea, as the waves crashed around her bare feet, licking her skin, before retreating back into the sea, and then starting all over again. The scent of the sea continued to fill her nostrils, and the subtle taste of salt lingered on her lips. Blythe smiled up at the sun, which was shining down on the blue-green water, causing it to shimmer a bright yellow-orange. The sound of the waves crashing into the shore, and the nearly-inaudible bursting of tiny foam bubbles along the shore filled her ears. There was only a slight breeze, which rustled Blythe's hair about, causing it to fly out behind her at times.

Blythe smiled up at the sun, which really did seem to be smiling back down at her. It was a beautiful summer day, and Blythe had all the time in the world to kill. Why not practice her singing? she thought as she opened her mouth and sung:

Me and all my friends
We're all misunderstood
They say we stand for nothing and
There's no way we ever could

Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it

So we keep waiting
Waiting on the world to change
We keep on waiting

It's hard to beat the system
When we're standing at a distance
So we keep waiting

Now if we had the power
To bring our neighbors home from war
They would have never missed a holiday
No more ribbons on their door
And when you trust your vision
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want

That's why we're waiting
We keep on waiting

It's not that we don't care,
We just know that the fight ain't fair
So we keep on waiting

And we're still waiting
We keep on waiting waiting on the world to change
One day our generation
Is gonna rule the population
So we keep on waiting

We keep on waiting

Even though the song was only a few chords, Blythe forgot a number of the words, and had to stop short at times to think about it, before resuming where she had left off. Not only that, but she was way off, and she knew it, but not what to do in order to correct it.

OOCIn case you don't know, I am using John Mayer's "waiting on the world to change," as the song Blythe is singing. It only has a few notes, so novices should be able to get it. Also, I changed the parts that don't fit in with the game, so everything should be good =)
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Anu on January 7th, 2011, 11:27 am

Anu, a young and rather curious female, as usual decided to go walk around and see if there's anything fun she could give her attention to.
It was a beautiful day, with a slight breeze, which didn't bother Anu in the slightest, so beach sounded like a good choice.
On her way there, she took her shoes off, lifting her top and skirt a bit higher, so the sun could actually find it's way to her skin.

When close enough, Anu stopped, smiling as she heard someone singing one of her favorite songs. Yes, it was a bit off and cut in a few places, but the voice was rather nice.
For some reason, it reminded Anu of an uncut diamond. Extremely beautiful, but still requiring quite a bit of attention.

It didn't take long for Anu to decided to go and see who's voice was that. With a bright smile, she walked to the female singing and started clapping her hands.
"That was beautiful...... Very soft and emotional..."
All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction
Anu
She, who they bow before...

Words: 27747
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 7th, 2011, 4:52 pm

When Blythe had finished singing, she felt a great sense of inner peace. She wasn't sure why, her voice had hit very few notes if any, if anyone had heard, they must have thought her to be tone deaf or something. Thus, the tune was far from relaxing, in fact, it should have put Blythe on edge, but for whatever reason, it failed to do so.

Blythe was quiet for a moments, simply looking out at the sea, listening to the waves crash into the shore, when she heard a voice coming from behind her, and was that clapping? "That was beautiful...... Very soft and emotional..." was what she had thought she heard. But, how could that be? She sounded positively dreadful as far as she was concerned, not giving the song the slightest bit of justice.

Blythe shrugged, and looked over her right shoulder, her short blonde hair covering the right side of her face, and coming to an end around her pale pink lips. There was a woman standing farther up along the beach. She was far shorter than Blythe, with pale skin and icy blue eyes. Her hair was a pearly blonde, and looked to be not all that much longer than Blythe's. Taking anoher look around and finding no one, Blythe soon realized that this was the woman who must have been clapping for her.

Not wanting to seem rude, Blythe turned to face her, before quickly glancing her gaze down at the soft sand in front of her. She pushed the sand around as she extended her right foot. She must have seemed nervous. "Oh, thank you, that's very kind," Blythe blushed, "but it wasn't that good, in fact, it wasn't good at all." Blythe continued to move the dry sand around with her foot, an idea had crossed her mind, and she looked up. "Hey, do you sing?" Blythe paused, "maybe you could give me a few pointers if you do!" she finished with a shy smile.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 7th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Anu smiled warmly as the woman turned around to face her. Seeing the way she was nervous made Anu almost giggle, but she held back, knowing it might not bring a whole lot of peace.
Her rather small body moved forward, gracefully and slowly, stopping right in time to not hit the other female.
"Oh no, it was very good actually... you have a beautiful voice... you just need to work on your... technique I'd say...", Anu nodded like she was approving what she said and then smiled in a very charming way, the way her mother taught her, the way only Konti women knew how to.

"And yes, I do sing.... I'm not all that amazing myself, but I know a bit.... so why not, it can't harm you, can it?", the little Konti offered her hand and smiled wide once again, waiting for the response of the woman before her.
It seemed like this one was very friendly, which made Anu think she will have another amazing day at the safest, most welcoming place she has ever heard of.... home...
All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 7th, 2011, 6:33 pm

"Oh no, it was very good actually... you have a beautiful voice... you just need to work on your... technique I'd say..." the woman said with a strange nod. Blythe looked up at her, the other Konti woman was flashing her a radiant smile. It exposed most if not all of her pearly white teeth.

"You really think so?" Blythe said, her eyes seeming to smile up at the woman. Perhaps she was hanging to much on the other woman's words, it felt like it had been a long time since someone outside of her family praised her. It felt good to have someone say something nice to her.

"And yes, I do sing.... I'm not all that amazing myself, but I know a bit.... so why not, it can't harm you, can it?" the woman said as she offered her hand to Blythe. Blythe stuck out her hand, clasping the other woman's in her own. "No, I don't suppose so... I'm Blythe by the way, and it's very nice to meet you?" Blythe ended on an inquisitive note, since she hadn't yet been told the other Konti's name.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 8th, 2011, 11:07 am

Anu nodded and shrugged lightly, whispering "All diamonds are beautiful, even the uncut ones you know..."
Her feet started moving over the warm sand and she just, with no particular sign, answered the girl's next question "I'm Anu, it's a pleasure to meet you too Blythe. Been here all your life, I suppose?"

Her shoulders lightly started swinging from one side to the other, and with her eyes closed, she started forming a melody, a melody for the song Blythe was singing before.
Turning around, Anu moved her hand up, slowly, as if she was asking Blythe to join her right before the first words started forming on her lips

Me and all my friends
We're all misunderstood

"Come on, just try and follow me, take a deep breath, exhale slowly, chin up high and part your lips as much as you can with all the vowels... It'll be easier to follow the notes that way"
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 8th, 2011, 2:37 pm

The other Konti woman mentioned something about diamonds, it didn't make much sense to Blythe, considering she'd never seen or met a diamond. Could you meet a diamond? Or were they a thing? Blythe wondered like an unintelligent person, before the other woman introduced herself, her name was Anu. "Been here all your life I suppose?" Anu asked. Blythe nodded, "most of it anyway." Blythe turned her head and looked off down the beach, she had to squint her eyes though, because the sun was shining into them directly. Blythe turned her head back and faced Anu.

Anu swung her shoulders, and then moved her hand up slowly, as if gesturing to Blythe to come along. But then, a tune escaped Anu's lips, it was the one that Blythe had been singing before:

Me and all my friends
We're all misunderstood

Blythe simply tilted her head to the side and listened to Anu as she sang, she actually seemed to know the words, and was better at singing than Blythe had been overall, although she wasn't so much better that she really made Blythe look like a total and complete idiot.

"Come on, just try and follow me, take a deep breath, exhale slowly, chin up high and part your lips as much as you can with all the vowels... It'll be easier to follow the notes that way," Anu said. Blythe nodded, doing as she was told, singing the words:

Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it

Since she had just sung it before, Blythe actually remembered the words this time around, and didn't have to stop at all, which was far better than the first time. However, she still struggled to hit the notes, which made her cheeks turn a bright beet red.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 10th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Anu smiled brightly again, looking at Blythe as she answered the question. Her soft fingers moving up over her head and lightly tucking her hair behind her ears
"Yes, this place is quite amazing... but I'm curious...". She knew it was about enough talking, so she got back to singing.

Anu sighed softly, but with a bright smile because she knew her voice and tones are not all that amazing yet, but with enough training, she will make that happen too.
Listening to the other girl sing this way was quite pleasurable. She had all the words and well, even though she didn't hit all the notes, it was way better then the first time
"See, you can do it... You just need a bit of training... now... keep your chest and chin up, part your lips REAL wide and try repeating vowels after me...", Anu added, before letting her voice hit the highest notes with a loud
"AaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaa...", and then the rest of the vowels, hoping Blythe could catch up with her.
Anu

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on January 10th, 2011, 4:31 pm

"See, you can do it... You just need a bit of training... now... keep your chest and chin up, part your lips REAL wide and try repeating vowels after me..." Anu added, singing "AaaaaaaaAaaaaaa..."

Blythe did as she was told- she tilted her chin up to the sunny sky, puffed her chest out a bit, keeping her right hand rested on top of it, so she could feel it rising and falling as she inhaled and then exhaled, as she spoke, and as she sang. She opened her mouth as wide as she could, her lips parting to reveal a row of pearly white teeth, and she did her best to follow Anu as she practically shout-sang various vowels. "AaaaaaaaaAaaaaa!" Blythe attempted to sing, her voice wavering, faltering, the longer she tried to hold the note. Anu was far better than she when it came to holding notes. Her voice was far better period.

Anu moved onto the next vowel, "E," and then "I," and "O," and all the rest. The longer the two practiced together, the better Blythe got, although, her throat quickly began to dry out, and it became more and more difficult to keep on singing. So, Blythe stopped singing abruptly, closed her mouth, and gave herself a moment's rest. A moment to catch her breath.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anu on January 10th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Anu smiled wide when she heard Blythe getting better and better at it, eventually letting her sing alone. Clapping her hands lightly, as soon as the girl stopped to catch her breath, Anu added
"That was amazing.... You really have it in yourself, and you'll be far better then me, if you just practice"

Still smiling, Anu stopped, slowly moving herself down onto the sand, lifting her skirt so she could sit normally. The waves tickled her ankles as they'd come by, and than disappear in the distance.
Her arm moved out, lightly pointing at the sea, somewhere in the distance
"Think of your voice as the sea.... it's amazing, powerful and huge... it is very hard to control it, probably impossible... but molding it through the shapes you want, will make it far more beautiful for the human ear, even though it on it's own is, if one listens close enough, perfect"

Anu wasn't sure that the girl caught everything she said, so she remained quiet for a bit, trying to see if she'll ask any questions. Her eyes never left the sea, lips didn't part to form another note, but yet to exhale some more air, which appeared to be the way this little Konti was getting ready for the next, singing act.
Anu

Character sheet

Next