Learning more Auristics III

Ferrin continues to learn about magic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 10th, 2016, 1:44 am

Timestamp: Fall of the 76th Location: Stormhold Citadel

"So, you've made it, good to hear." Sera Frostfawn spoke, she looked at Ferrin as he dressed himself in his armor and brought his shortened broadsword with him. The man was a fair foot taller than she, and though Sera Frostfawn was a Knight, she felt intimidated by his height, but she didn't express her emotions outwardly. Ferrin stood ready, he was almost anxious to get his training in magics started, hoping that he'll learn some more things about Auristics today. He didn't say anything, he didn't know how to respond. He thought about saying something back, but he didn't want to get on the wrong foot on his second day with Sera Frostfawn.

"Meditation, used to help clear the mind." Sera Frostfawn continued, she motioned Ferrin to come a little closer. Ferrin nodded and followed his order, he stood waiting. He wished that there were some chairs here; at the Stormhold Citadel. "Understood?"

"Yes, Sera Frostfawn." Ferrin replied with a common monotone voice and he sighed. Waiting to practice Auristics, eager to get things moving, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do at this point, he wondered if Sera Frostfawn was going to just lecture him all day about magic. Of course, he didn't know everything about magic, there's plenty to know. Also, learning about magic is the best way to understand magic, and having a teacher is even better. He hoped that when Ser Xervos has selected Sera Frostfawn to become his teacher, Ferrin hoped that he had made the right choice in doing so.

"Good." Sera Frostfawn began. "Now, learning Auristics- it requires you to ease your mind, clear it even, rid of your thoughts to sense nothing, to think nothing. Allow the Djed to engage with your body." Sera Frostfawn said.

"Clear my mind?" Ferrin repeated. He wasn't sure how to do that, he remembered when his patron told him about praying, and how he needed to clear his mind to think of a prayer for Gods.

"Yes." Sera Frostfawn replied, sighing. "Clear it and focus."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 15th, 2016, 5:25 pm

"Good, now you can be sure to handle it this time around." Sera Frostfawn said, she looked at the Squire and was sure that he'd be able to do it, perhaps give him some more encouragement would be enough, but then again, she's usually content and didn't really feel like sticking to Ferrin via relationship wise. She didn't want to get caught up with other people, and she was merely doing this as a favor for Ser Xervos since he helped her out a few times in the past. Well, it's still a little foggy in her mind, but Ser Xercos can remember it quite well, she wondered why that was.

Ferrin sighed, and calmed down. He was nervous, nonetheless, he wanted to learn; and learning was a valuable thing to the human's mind, without learning and being educated, you're practically no better than dust and rubble. He understood that he needed to have a focused mind as learning magic is a dangerous thing, and it can be quite overwhelming for the user. He didn't want that for himself, and he didn't want Jade to experience any of the Overgiving, or Dina- he especially didn't want to scare Dina if something goes wrong. He didn't want to go mad and have them be running off.

Breath in. Breath out.

That was all he had to do was breath, and focus. He needed to stay calm, to feel the Djed sink into him. He wanted that power, but he didn't want to much of it, having too much could pose as fatal, and again, he didn't want that, and he should really stop thinking about it. Once he sees that spark, feel that sensation, he would be able to understand what it meant for him to see through Auristics. That power, the feel. He wanted it. He figured that it could help him for sure.

Breath in. Breath out.

He needed to let this all go, he needed to just clear his mind and focus. Perhaps standing and pacing around wouldn't be best for him, he was so zoned out that he barely noticed Sera Frostfawns clingy remark of his pacing. "Stop pacing Ferrin, just sit." She ordered. Ferrin stopped. He figured that it was a good idea to sit, but not with all of this armor on him.

"Can I take off the armor?" Ferrin asked curiously.
"Yes, sure." Sera Frostfawn said, and Ferrin took it off. It took a few chimes, mixed in with clattering sounds of armor all over the ground- it's now covered in dust and dirt, Ferrin would have to clean it again. Cleaning the armor was annoying, and he didn't like doing it when he was at home, that's what pages were for, right?

Ferrin un-belted his short broadsword: Clivath. And carefully placed her on the ground. He remembered purchasing her, at the Mythryn Outpost, when he was sent there for a few days of the Summer. Those couple of days weren't good for his mental state.

Ferrin closed his eyes, and breathed regularly clearing out his lungs. He felt soothed, and relaxed. He waited for what was to come.

WC: 867

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 17th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Suddenly, there was a spark and a awkward sensation that coursed through him. It was merely invigorating him, he felt stronger and slightly confident; it wasn't the Djed that was making him feel like it, no, it was merely his mentality that had made him feel this strong. He had a thought that he could do this and continue working on Auristics. He wasn't focusing on Sera Frostfawn much as he was too focused on conjuring the Djed. Ferrin took a few more breaths and there was a sudden spark that etched within his skin, he felt that jolt, that sensation, he didn't know what to do with it though. He decided to open his eyes. Soon, he realized that it was a rookie mistake and his head began to spin. He clasped his head, he noticed something, the colors outside of the weapons around the racks and on the tables. Sera Frostfawns. He closed his eyes and shook his head some and cleared out some breaths, they were shaky and quite shockingly pretty fast. Once Ferrin had recovered, he opened his eyes again. Sighing, the world around him didn't seem to spin any more, and when he looked up at Sera Frostfawn, she noticed her smiling.

"What did you see?" She asked as Ferrin stood up, to make sure that his balance was still stable and he didn't damage anything.

"um..." He began, trying to recall what he saw. He remembered seeing faded colors of something- circling around the weapons and such. "Colors? They were... faded?" Ferrin replied in awe, he wasn't really sure what to say, but he figured that he should just tell her what he saw. The Kenashian was sure that he could see more if he focused on the Djed. Speaking of, he realized that it had left his system, and a sudden wave of exhaustion swept over him. The Squire sat back down on the dirty ground floor of the Training Grounds. Ferrin hadn't felt this worn out since he was sparring other members of the Order.

"You should go home and rest Ferrin. Again, come back tomorrow and we'll sort things out. I'm starting to feel potential in you, and if you're late I don't want you to mess things up."

WC: 1245

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes