A Spiral, Down or Up?

Alex and Linie meet for a second time, within the expanse of Alex's mind.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 16th, 2016, 7:26 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

“Used to be pirates?” Alex smirked shifting his weight into the swing the first of the blow from above coming to meet the flat of her cutlass. A good enough block however she could have easily parried the strike. “And if your people are naturally the best then you should still be able to defeat someone as unskilled as myself.” Alex then struck her in the abdomen knocking the wind from her sails.
“We’ve no idea who’ll win this.” He whirled both blades around him again taking a step back to let her catch her breath. “I’ll let you in, on a secret. I’ve only held a blade in my hands for the last year. Before then I’d never even picked up a blade. Other than a simple dagger.” He shifted his footing slightly as she swung wildly the blade sailing openly past him. In the same motion he pressed the pommel of his right hand sword into her pack to push her off balance and make her carry her weight with the blade.

“My real proficiency lies with the bow. I used that for many years more than these.” He glanced down at the sword in his hands breaking his line of sight with her for just a moment. “And I’ve only started using two at once as of the last season.” He twisted the blades in his hands changing the one he held from a pair of swords into two blades joined at the handle. He whirled the double ended b lade above his head holding it how at his side with one hand.

“As for what you said about envy. You’re right. I’d just never considered things from that perspective. To me it was always more a chance to learn and get better.” He then stepped in allowing her to get her footing back. He struck out with the forward blade of the twin ended one. The strike carrying nothing but speed before he pulled it back with force and swung the lower out with all the force. His strike aimed at her ankles to knock her feet out from under her.

“And as for the better lover’s part of your comment earlier. Giving the intensity of that kiss and the softness of your lips. I’m willing to yield there.” He left that comment with a small smirk, showing he wasn’t going to hold back but he wasn’t going to harm her he just wanted to hear her say she’d yield.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 16th, 2016, 9:18 pm

"Yes, used to be. I saw that smirk. We're explorers now. You call yourself unskilled? I merely learned this because my father taught me a bit, it's been ages since I used it, not counting the last time I was with you."
Luckily he let her catch her breath before she did her first strike, though it ended up being for naught and his tap on her back made her lose her balance. She didn't fall, but did trip on her own two feet, the heaviness from the armor catching her off guard.
"I've never worn armor before... And only this last year? You must have trained a lot with the knights."

He was behind her when he looked away from her for a moment, she missed that or else she would have taken advantage of it, still she swung around once her balance was caught and faced him.
'He's only started using these? By the God's.'
She thought as she watched him twist the blades in his hands. Then his blade shifted and changed to be double bladed. She wondered to herself how good he was going to be with this particular weapon, hoping it would give her a leg up.
"I know I be right. I be a woman."

She went to block and parry the lower shot, but he ended up hitting her ankles and she went down, falling striaght on her butt.
"What the shyke Alex."
She growled as she tried to stand back up, the heaviness from the armor making her struggle like a turtle on its back. Finally she rose and was angry now. He was just toying with her! She unleased a forward stirke, aiming for the middle of his abdomen before using his own tactic and swinging upwards at the last second with her cutlass, aiming for his heart. She was clumsiy and unpracticed but she hoped this time it would meet her mark.

"Aye we be the best lovers on the Suvan and its surrounding cities. You're lucky to have met me."
She teased. Starting to consider her secret plan more, she began focusing on what she wanted, understanding this was his doman and it would be harder to conjure things here.

Made by A. Faircroft

Hello...?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Words: 60228
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 16th, 2016, 9:29 pm

“Explorers is it ? Then you’ve got a lot of history behind your name.” He finished with a small smirk. His movements were a lot slower than usual he wasn’t toying with her he was trying to get a gauge of her skill level. Evidently it was a little below par But then she hadn’t really used a blade often. His blow struck true and she went tumbling to the ground. Her rear catching the weight of her fall. That was going to hurt her tail bone.

“Being a woman doesn’t always mean you’re right inherently.” He shifted the blade again allowing her the time to get up from the ground. And he could hear the fury in her voice the anger behind her words. It seemed as if the overwhelming emotion in these rooms was effecting her as well. He watched her bolt for him running straight at him with the blade. Something he’d watched another squire try to pull before. He twisted his grip on the blade and shifted his weight around using the momentum of her strike to allow her to drag herself off balance. He pressed the rear blade of the strike into the top of her blade. Feeling the weight of her upward motion as he pressed the blade and her momentum away from himself.

“I am lucky to have met you.” He spoke with a soft word a clean air of pride behind his words as he slapped her on the rear with the flat of his twin bladed sword. Letting her momentum carry her past him again. And as she pushed past him his blade shifted again the blades forming together and the overall blade growing into a great sword. He heaved the blade around, twirling it with some effort. The thing as as heavy as he recalled.

“I’m also varying my weapon choices to keep you guessing as to what I’m going to jump too next.” He smirked stepping over to her this time and closing the gap. One hand on the blade and a defensive air but a posture that said he was ready. Ready for whatever weapon trick she might have tried to pull. Staying just inside the range of his own blade as he closed the distance too her.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 16th, 2016, 10:08 pm

"Aye, a lot of history."
'And a lot of treasure.'
She didn't add, not giving up her families secrets to this land lubber. They were well known by the Svefrans as pirates and explorers, but not to others. If outsiders knew of thier exploits it would be an affront to have their treasure piles stolen by a human, or other race, as opposed to another Svefra. Another Svefra, why, that's just business. Part of the competiveness of their race. This made her think, it had been a long time since she had honored Laviku. Not one party last season. A party for two would be kind of blah, but they could at least drink some wine and sing a couple of songs. She wasn't above inviting other Sykans to join them, perhaps they would want to sing to Laviku as well. This train of thought made her unfocused and caused her to miss and be blocked by Alex. This was hard.

She went again trying to attack him. This time she aimed for his knees, knowing if he wasn't clad in armor, as she was used to on the boats-- she hardly ever saw a Svfra in armor any tougher than leather, that this blow wouldn't exactly be fatal but would cripple him if his legs had been exposed. This was just play after all. Instead of hitting him though he side stepped her and slapped her on the rear as she went behind him, becoming more angry.
'How dare he!'
Then he switched weapons again.
"What the petch."
But he explained and she felt cold fury creeping into herself, not realising it was only the room. Usually she wouldn't get so angry, she hardly did but here she was consumed by the anger. Because of the anger she couldn't see past it being only the rooms effect on her. She only felt the anger. Her previous focusing was all but forgotten.
"Quit toying with me and fight like a man. Just pick a weapon"
She went to strike at him again, anger and fury behind her blade.

Made by A. Faircroft

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 17th, 2016, 7:22 am

“Feeling the anger take over you?” His words were calm and collected even in the room of fury. And the reasoning for it was simple. When most people got pissed off they became incendiary. Alex was the opposite when he became angered he chilled. He became cold almost to the point of a fault. And that was still under check, at least for the moment. He near smirked when she exclaimed out when he changed his blade again.

“You want me to fight like a man? Fine.” Alex dropped the blade entirely, and as she began to charge him he glowered at her. His eyes filled with cold anger, like a blizzard in the avanthalan hills. So cold was his stare that he watched her weapon and the reckless charge he stepped into, his hands following a set path. Left up towards her throat and the right toward her hands pushing the blade to the side. He’d stop his left hand before it made contact with her throat. His right one however would drop lower and aim to land a solid strike on her stomach even through the plate. Instead of a point of contact with his fist it was his elbow that would make full contact.

“I’m showing that no matter what I’m given. I can make it work for me. Or even if I’ve got no blade I’m still able to defend myself.” He spoke with such an icy manner that he was pushing her away, and as such he cut it off immediately. “I despise violence. It is my means of utter last resort for those who don’t understand anything but.” He shifted his footing again and then motioned away from her allowing her the chance to recuperate. His blade appearing again in his hand this time much smaller. Instead of a full length blade it was a dagger.

“My pride is around me resolving a conflict without it escalating to violence. My fury is at myself for letting it get that far.” His tone was almost back to normal but still carried that air of pride of royalty that belie what he truly was.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 17th, 2016, 8:09 am

"You think it's funny I'm angry? You're toying with me, not fighting. You wanted to see my skill but you just--"
Then is dawned on her and she felt a rush of cold air as the Fury dissapated.
"It's only the room."
She all at once felt calm. But that was short lived as he began to scowl at her and said his threat. She grew cold with fear. Would he hurt her? As he came up upon her she tensed, heart racing and eyes wide. He stopped mere inches from her throat and slammed her in the stomach with his elbow. The plate was enough to keep the blow from making her double over, but she knew if she had been wearing anything thinner she would be all "coughing, eyes watering" right now. She looked at him with eyes wide in surprise.
"Well, I already kind of already knew that."
She said looking at him, waiting for him to take his hands away. Finally he did and she said;
"Like Smiling Kenny?"
Then winced, hoping she didn't bring any bad blood up, remembering he regarded him as a nightmare.

The fight with Alex was over and she let go of her cutlass, concedeing. Instead of it falling to the floor it once again hung in the air. A weapon defeated. She sighed as the armor began fading away from her body, almost melting off of her and in its place was the outfit from before. She was getting pissed again. She didn't like to lose. But in her mind she kept telling herself,
'It's just the room, calm down.'
Still, she found herself scowling and when she tried to relax her face it wasn't long before the scowl was back, she was ruminating on the defeat. She didn't get to use her secret weapon, but something told her there would be next time and that was enough to lighten the mood for her a bit. She forced a smile on her face, though it didn't meet her eyes.
"Can we leave now? You've bested me, I hope you're happy."
She spat, but then touched her mouth in shock.
"Sorry, I just mean... Let's go."

Made by A. Faircroft

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 17th, 2016, 9:14 am

The battle was over as abruptly as it had begun. However she took a stab that was unwarranted.
“Low blow.” Was all he said ad the armour peeled off of him and reformed it’s place in the corner of the room. Pushing together into the standing suit his clothing falling back to what it was before. As much as he wanted to berate her he knew the comment was justified. Still though at her ask to leave he simply took a stride for the door. Returning to the main forum, and feeling that pride melt away. The fury dissipate. He spoke.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to toy with you. But you see how I fight. I push people to the point they can’t focus and from there. I end things as swiftly as possible. And what’s one thing a Prideful svefra can’t take?” He spoke with a calm and even word. His eyes honest. “Being messed about with. Though I am sorry your rear got it so bad.” He gave a half smile saying he was sorry for hurting her but did enjoy the small squeal he coerced out of her when the flat of his weapon collided with her.

“I promised you I’d take you to the last room didn’t I? So here goes.” He turned to the fireplace and cracked his fingers pushing his arms to either side of him. “I was going to show you what was behind the ice but that is something I don’t feel would be a good idea after what I just put you through.”

He pushed open his arms and behind the fireplace lie a singular door. The wood blackened and stained with age. The pattern on it embedded with swirling gold filigree. The pattern of a softly breezing forest emblazoned onto the darkened wood with gold. “I haven’t ever opened this door as far as I can remember.” He took a slow and very deep breath feeling his hand reach a hold of the solid golden handle. And as he opened it, the light flooded the room. Sunlight bright, warm and inviting. Alex stepped into the light and felt the soft warmth of the sunlight. The grass a dazzling emerald green. The sand rolled for miles against the soft pale blue backdrop of the sky. The Sea rolled in gently against the stark white sands. Over all his clothing had changed and settled into an open white shirt. His pants had receded into shirts that came up to his knees.

He hoped that Linie would have followed. If she did she’d find something within Alex had changed and that there was a genuine radiant warmth to him. Finding him more inviting and overall friendlier.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 17th, 2016, 9:39 pm

"I be sorry, I said."
They weren't angry words, just honest words. She really was sorry for taking a jab at him, she was just put off by the fight. Following him out the door, she once again found herself in that elegant sparkling dress. Taking a moment to consider it again she hugged herself.
"Again, you have great taste in clothes."
She kissed his cheek. Then he spoke and she listened with her ears and her heart, taking in his words for what they were, now that they were out of the room which would cloud her judgement so much. She flushed at his mention of her rear, and that smirk she was beginning to learn was so very much him, some of that old angery creeping back in as annoyance.
"Aye, I'm sure you rather enjoyed that. But it's okay. I don't be blamin' you. You're right though, my Pride was turning into that Fury. Fury doesn't work for me the way it be workin' for you. It doesn't make me cold and calculated, it be makin' me clumsy and brash. I don't see clearer through it like you do."

She watched as the fire place receded as he spoke and in it's place stood a door. Considering what he had said, finally she spoke back to him and agreed.
"Yes, I would think Malice would only cause us to fight, or worse. That is one thing best kept locked away."
The door was ornate. Beautiful. She stared at it for a while before he said he had never opened this door before. He grasped the solid golden handle and light consumed the room. She covered her eyes with her forearm and after a couple ticks what lie behind the door came into view. The beach! She walked in after him, clothes changing to a black halter top swim suit and matching bottoms. * The warmth of the beach over took her and she threw her arms out of either side of her body, then brough them up above her head and kicked the sand. She took Alex's hand and ran with him, if he followed, to the beach. She looked back at him once and saw on his features a genuineness that she hadn't seen before. Something akin to true happieness. She wondered how he felt, if there was anything inside of him telling him to stop like when they were in the throws of Passion but looked away, deciding not to dwell.

She liked him. Something about him just called to her. Perhaps it was her inner fixer, that part of her that wished to help in any way she can. But she knew it was something deeper. They complimented each other, he sullen and quiet and she optimistic and bright. She still wasn't sure what Nysel had in store for them, but she knew she enjoyed his company. He made for good conversation. She was surer now more than ever that it was fate which brought them together. They got to the waters edge and she sat down far enough away from the water that it wouldn't soak her butt, but close enough that her feet were touching the sea.
"Sit with me?"
She asked.

Made by A. Faircroft

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 17th, 2016, 10:01 pm

Alex stood amongst the warmth of the sunlight and the surrounding shades of green blue and white. Bright and vibrant unlike the darkness that comprised the tower he dwelt in. The colder more harsh nature of who he limited himself to be a cool wind blew past the open expanse billowing out the shirt. He felt something deep within his chest burning but not the fury, nor intensity. It was something he’d never really felt. A soft warmth that extended slowly through him. His usual impassive face softened and a small fragile smile placed across his features. It finally clicked what this room was. But as he was about to speak linie ran up next to him grabbing his hand and pulling him off into a run towards the beach.

Eventually the running stopped as she talked off towards the waters going to take a seat. He held still looking skywards for a moment. The inky blackness replaced with the azure blue expanse of endlessness. “So this is what it feels like.” He spoke aloud but absent mindedly. At her request he took a slow walk to sit next to her, and instead of sitting he rolled back and let his back press into the warm crystal white sand.

“This room. I know it.” He spoke with such a deep and meaningful tone, his voice still soft and light but his words were warm like a pleasant summer day. “This room is happiness.” He stared towards the clear sky, a small series of thin clouds rolling by. This was his internal idea of the perfect day. He loved the sea but not to sail on. Simply the picturesque image even when in reality. The temperate sunshine and the cool soothing breeze.

It was only after a good couple of moments he even registered the fact that linie was in a swimming suit. “That looks good on you.” He spoke, almost like all of his cares, his fears his worries his chains had melted away. And then in a flash everything came back to weigh upon him again, but only at half strength. “I know why I keep this door closed. Someone who does what I do can’t afford to be happy.” He sighed heavily watching the sky. “And I’m sorry about the fight, I simply wanted to see that you could handle yourself. Just checking that should have been enough but because of where we were I took it vastly too far.”

His fingers laced behind his head as he closed his eyes. “I feel like I could sleep within a dream here.”

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 17th, 2016, 11:26 pm

"So this is what it feels like."
He pondered. She looked at him, wondering how he was feeling. He spoke again, telling her what room this was.
'That would explain it...'
She smiled at him fully in response, the rooms powers affecting her as well. This was also her happy place, one would think it was on the open sea but she loved the land as well finding the veiw of the sea from the beach to be the most beautiful place in all of Mizahar.
"This be why I love Syka. Although it be dangerous with the jungle at our backs the beach is beautiful. There's even a play ground of sorts full of swings of all shapes and sizes. I spent a lot of time there last season."
She moved to cuddle him, laying back on the sand as well and resting her head on his chest with one arm wrapped around his torso. She sighed. It dawned on her she would be waking up soon, causing her to wrap around him tighter, this time placing a leg over top of his.
"We'll be waking soon. This feels like it be nearly the end of the dream."

She grinned at his comment of the swim suit.
"Usually I go nude, or just wear my underwear. I must be confessin' I don't have anything this nice in waking life."
She felt him stiffen and wondered why, patting him where her hand lay. Then he spoke. Her face scrunched. Even here he was slightly morose.
"Everyone be deservin' to be happy. No matter what they do. From the lowly barmaid to the rich Priestess of Syna. And don't keep apologizin' about the fight. I got a little heated, but it be only the room."
She slapped him when he said that he could go to sleep.
"Wake up! If you sleep you'll surely wake up for real. I don't want to leave yet."
But that creeping feeling that it was all about to end still crept up on her. She still felt happy, but a wrinkle creased her brow.

Made by A. Faircroft

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes