A Spiral, Down or Up?

Alex and Linie meet for a second time, within the expanse of Alex's mind.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 13th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Timestamp: 18th WInter 516AV

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

As sleep took him Alex couldn’t help but remember the woman he’d met earlier in the season. At least in his dreams. Linie. He’d never quite gotten the chance to hear her last name but it was enough for him to see the face and know the name. His body relaxed as his mind slipped into the recesses of itself.

He found himself staring at the monolithic structure before him that comprised his own mind. The large tower a slow helical spiral that eventually collapsed in on itself towards the peak of the spire. The alabaster marble of the outer wall and the stark ebony of the granite intertwining into this contrasting conflict. The huge doors near the base thick and heavy steel. Much like the wall he put up between himself and the outside world. The door looked imposing however with a slight push of his hand the entire thin shifted. It was simply a façade, a fake showing to keep out the unwanted visitors.

Within the spiral tower, deep viridian and rich crimson silks sprawled out over the walls and floors. The floors illuminated by a steady slow burning torchlight and the same pattern of White and black stonework carried on within the interior. Impossibly high yet never seeming fully out of reach. His mind parsed into infinity. He rolled his shoulders and absent-mindedly left the door ajar. His footsteps clamoured up the staircase passing almost sixty floors in a single flight of stairs.

He found himself in his quiet room. A simple place where he did one thing, take solace away from his memories. A space filled with simple creature comforts, a chair, a table and a hearth. That was it, however the strange thing was the cold stonework was completely exposed here, and each wall not even that fully, and instead it was lined with stained glass depicting a huge and violent thunderstorm over the ocean, a sudden spark of wildfire setting ablaze a forest and finally a thick ice storm shattering against a stone city, each image coating a third of the walls.

Outside of this tower the sun dipped below the horizon into the burning red of twilight. The almost fire like light catching across the tower and setting it ablaze against the sky. On a flat plane of grass seeing something of that size and import was definitely strange.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 13th, 2016, 5:36 pm

¤

Linie found herself laying out in a field a curious color of sea blue. When she opened her eyes she was surprised to see a large tower standing before her. It's granite and marble walls stood tall looming, a testament to wonderful craftsmanship. The sun had begun to set and the entirety of the tower was ablaze with reds, oranges, and a soft yellow. A stark contrast to the color of the grass. She got up and began walking towards its door, not reasling she was in a dream but rather inside the dream. Dreaming, as it were. The door was cracked open and she was glad, its steel would be hard to penetrate. Walking inside she was greeted by lavish dressings on the walls and on the floor. It was warm inside. She took off her cloak which she had been wrapped in, revealing her usual dress of a green corset and a large ruffled skirt with many colors in it. Typical Svefran dress. She wandered for a bit and eventually found some stairs. She climbed. There were doors on either side of her at times and when she tried the handle, some didn't open. Those that did revealed a library of books, some dusty some new. She never went in, but continued on.

Eventually she found herself in a room with a man standing in there clad in all black. She recognized him and that's when she came out of her dream trance.
"Alex?"
She walked into the room more fully and sat down in the chair.
"Where are we? I never be expectin' to see you again, not after all this time."
Looking to the stain glass portraits on the walls, each shining through a myriad of colors reflecting the the ceiling and ground, and pondered them, finding them lovely. The stone city reminded her of Syrilas.
"The stained glass on the wall, it be beautiful is it not?"

She stood up and went to the hearth, throwing a log in and warming her legs on the fire. Silently she wondered what horror would befall them this time, what dark entity of Alex's subconscious would rear its ugly face in this dream.
"I told you it was fate. Nysel," she remembered from last time, "wouldn't throw us in a dream again together for no reason."

Hello...?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Words: 60228
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 13th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Alex hung about in front of the fire place, the room swirling with the colours of the glass: blues, yellows, greens, white, reds. The entire room was awash with nothing but colour and the sound of snapping and sparking coming from the hearth, at least that was true until a singular voice broke the silence. One he recognised. He turned his head slowly to see the figure planting itself into the chair by the fireside. Veridian green corset and a skirt awash with colours.

“Never expecting to see me again? I know our last meeting was bad but I didn’t think it that bad. At least according to you.” He spoke with his usual light and airy tone, however there was a slight joking manner to his words. Within the confines of his own stability he felt a lot more secure. He half glossed over her comment about the stained glass before realising something. She was in his mind. How did she get in here?! Thinking back his mind snapped down to the door. He hadn’t closed it, and right now his mind was like an open book for people to wander their way into.

He shifted his focus after a few seconds back to Linie and her comment about fate again. And that they wouldn’t be tossed together for no reason. As much as he knew that was true. He couldn’t quite agree with it. As he’d said before he couldn’t take stock in fate lest the outcome look bleak for him.
“It’s fortunate that we meet again.” He started, his accent clearly different from last time. In his own mind he didn’t need to mask his voice so it came through with the crisp sharpness and polished refinement of that Ravokian tone. “I believe that last time we were in your mind. This time however, I believe I should say welcome. As this is my mind. My own little world.”

Alex smirked lightly as he glanced towards the floor the stones shifting into a much tighter spiral. “It’s also a the place where I keep all of my memories. As I’m sure you’ve managed to take a glance at on your way up here. After all this is kind of one of the highest points of this entire tower. The only space above this is, well that’s for me to know.” He glanced towards the door, knowing full well that the way into the room from the ground was the limit to how high that staircase would take someone, and that the true way to the rest of the tower lie behind the three stained glass windows.

“So what brings you and me together this time?” As Alex spoke the light outside began to die down again, the sun finally vanishing beyond the horizon and the moon settling into its place above his world. Outside that deep blue grass began to glow a soft pale sheen and the tower itself began to settle into the soft light. Even the stained glass in the room seemed to shift a little the light instead of growing weaker, blazing ever stronger but never to the point of discomfort.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 13th, 2016, 10:20 pm

¤

"Oh that's not what I was meanin' and ye know it."
She said with her hands on her hips and an amused, but accusing face. Giving him "the" look. She looked him over. Black pants, black robe, black shirt. A man shrouded in darkness. She much preferred him in the green and brown outfit he had worn before. This made him seem older, wizened, just plain dark. Something about it seemed to be a foreshadowing to this place. With the books and the black robe and what she already knew about him. She had a feeling things weren't going to be chipper and light. Luckily she was here, a light in the darkness. He seemed to need some less than dreary company. Such a sad soul.
'Oh what the heck.' She threw another log in the fire, wanting it to blaze.

"It is fortunate. And I think you be right, that was my mind. I felt completely at home there."
She watched the spiral become tightly knit.
'The space above this huh.'
That peaked her interest. She would like to see that place. Perhaps it was filled with dirty pictures and drug paraphernalia. Though he didn't seem the type the thought made a certain type of grin spread across her face. If it was anything like her dream up meant something hidden, something perhaps beautiful and new.
'Hmmm.' She thought.
"Why can't I see this... secret place?"
Asking in a feigned sweet tone. She was hiding her more devious curiosity. Perhaps she could talk him into seeing it.

The room, for all it's homey comforts, was terribly boring. She wasn't used to standing still. She lived on a boat after all, even docked it was still moving. Though she never had a problem getting rid of her sea legs, being stationary always gave her a certain... unease. She began pacing.
"I do wonder what be in store for us this time. So it sounds like you've been here before? I think I had been to the place in my dream it did feel.... familiar. Perhaps in another dream I had been there before. Perhaps because this is your dream you won't have the same effect on things as you did in mine. It makes me wonder what your dream has in store for me. Tell me, if this is your mind, what do those stained glass windows mean? Or do they be holdin' no meaning."
Though she couldn't see it through the window as the color obscured her view she did feel something shift and something told her the moon was rising into the sky. Another night with Alex. This would prove to be interesting.

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 14th, 2016, 7:04 am

Alex felt a smile creep across his face from her company. Just enough to let him know he wasn’t completely hollow inside. Watching her motions he couldn’t help but glance towards the hearth, the blue flames enough to make him wonder on things. The slow crackle and loose embers roared once again into a mighty flame as she tossed the log onto it. Her words again filled the open space this time above the crackle of the fire speaking her agreement that it was indeed her mind.

Her voice then changed into a tone of sweetness that belie her actions. He could see her anticipation to get at the places he kept most hidden. And then as if to cap off her impatience she rose and began to pace. Clearly a creature of motion and action unlike him who preferred to simply take a step back sometimes and watch how things would unfold. However her ruminations about what was going on was fairly close to the mark without actually gripping a hold of the firm root of things.

“Well.” Alex began with his usual quiet tones. “For starters, this place is something I know and effect on a daily basis. I created this place around a year ago. I call it my mind palace. And I refer to it as such because it is a library where below I file away all of my memories. And try to filter them out.” Alex began a slow walk across the stonework as the stones shifted. The spiral’s meeting point staying permanently under his feet as he walked. “Here, I’ve built everything to be as sturdy and stable as it can be. I know few things more resilient to wear than marble or granite. Both of which comprise the structure of this tower, and I know they won’t break easily. Unlike your castle of glass that I felt I’d destroy if I took even a look at something wrong.” He then began to walk towards each of the three stained glasses.

“As for if you can visit the rooms above this one. That’s up to you, each one of these windows is the way to the next floors. And each one symbolizes something that I keep tied back. Held back from the forefront.” His motions stopped in front of the ice storm as his first mark. His robe changing to match the colour it represented, in this case a pale almost ice blue streaked with jets of white . “Hatred, Coldness, Malice. Behind this door I keep locked away the impulses that drive me to cause others pain. I’ve stepped through this door more than once.” He stepped around the edge of the room, holding in front of the thunderstorm. This time the robe a startling gold, lined with darkened grey. "Fury, Pride, Jealousy. A door I do not step through lightly, as nerves are easily touched behind this door.” Finally he stepped in front of the final door, the small embers building into the raging inferno. The robe again changed to a much more intense and clear scarlet littered with small swirls of bright orange, deep and inviting. “Passion, Desire, Intensity. I’ve stepped past this door but once. And that one time was enough for me to understand I’m no better than any other man.”

As he stepped back to the centre of the room the robe shifted back to that sleek and mystifying black. “Logic, Serenity, Compassion, Honour, Determination. The five pillars that I guide my actions by. As much as the room seems plane it serves one purpose. To remind me I’m not above any other person.” Alex extended a hand. “You’re more than welcome to see what lies within those rooms. But your perception of who I am may change drastically.”

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 14th, 2016, 4:21 pm

¤

"Mind palace..."
She tasted the words on her mouth. It certainly was beautiful here, lavish enough to be called a palace. The inside was warm and inviting, she wondered if that was intentional or if it had a deeper meaning. Perhaps not, her mind had little depth to it, as it were. Filled with whimsy, but she was very much a say what you mean kind of person. Nothing hidden here and deep here. Not to call her shallow, which she wasn't, but things never got pushed down for her. She worked on things and got through them, hardly ever dwelling.
"So you hold your memories here, is that why you can remember everythin' with such clarity?"
She remembered their talk before, him telling her how he can remember nearly everything. It was funny, after a day in waking life Linie could hardly remember anything that they had talked about, what had happened. She remembered meeting him, his name and face, fighting that guy, and when they parted. But everything else was hazy. Now that she was here, with him, everything came flooding back to her and she remembered it all.

"Mirrors...." she corrected him, then thought to herself for a moment, "Well and glass. Hey the glass be there to allow you to see the stars. Remember when that lightening struck the top? That was beautiful."

It was much easier to pry this secret out of him than she thought. Perhaps it was her demure sweetness she had played him for. She smiled evilly to herself as he spoke. She gasped with awe when his robes changed color, touching her finger to her mouth in wonder. She had stopped pacing and now stood still in silent reverie. They seemed to glitter as they shifted from one color to another. The blue was pretty, but she didn't want to take him down such a dark path today. Next. The gold looked real. Not a fabric color of gold but fabric made from gold. That one didn't sound to inviting either and she shook her head "no" as he explained that he didn't step through the door lightly. She wouldn't make him go there. The last one, he had her at the first word. Passion. It was something she loved about a person. The gold shimmering and sparkling into a beautiful red. She didn't even like the color read but his robe seemed almost royal, matching the wall coverings littering the palace. She did wonder about his words.
"...No better than any other man."
This was where she needed to start in order to show him that passion is something of a fire, she was not surprised to hear he hardly stepped through the best door, but maybe if they took the trip together she could help him understand it.

She listened to his final words and nodded slowly as he talked. Serenity stood out to her, although she said nothing. Was it serene to be in so much pain? The rest though, it fit the bill. She felt like she already knew him. He seemed to wear his heart on his sleeve. Very honest, perhaps not so much trusting but honest was good enough.
"I don't be thinkin' my perception of you will change."
It made her curious as to what he thought of her, meeting her in her mind.
"You know, I'd like to see the red room. The room of passion."
She took his hand and began stepping towards him, ready to follow him through the glass.

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 14th, 2016, 5:09 pm

She seemed to understand the concept of what he was saying. “Yes. A mind palace. It’s less how I remember everything but how I keep it from flooding my mind in a time I don’t want it too.” He kept a calm disposition. His steps marking a point of clarity. Though she was right it was a castle of mirrors but were mirrors not glass? He made a clear point of that.

“I remember. I also remember thinking that the glass would shatter.” Alex paused a moment before following up. “Beauty can also be deadly. If approached from the wrong way.” Alex shifted his self as she began to focus upon what he’d said, he could see the glance of transfixion in her eyes the look of understanding but not fully believing. However he knew what she’d pick long before she said the words. She wanted to see the place where he kept things which were better left alone.

He took her hand lightly a spiral now forming beneath her feet however its spiral was the inverse of Alex’s own. Almost as if keeping the balance. She didn’t think her perception of him would change? Everyone’s perception changed after seeing some of the stronger emotions that they felt. And some of their weaker moments. Alex led her slowly towards the vibrant fiery glass. The intensity of the heat from it almost palpable and as they drew closer it became apparent that it wasn’t just stained glass. But in fact was an actual inferno captured in a still frame of time. The heat, the scope and even the pressure of the flames could all be felt freely. “I don’t undertake trips through these doors lightly as such I guard them with dangers.” Alex stepped first through the flames leading her a close but light tug behind.

His robe transforming now from that jet black to the deep crimson, the swirls now forming a much stronger pattern of flames licking up the robe from the base. The clothes beneath shifted as well his shirt changed to become a fur around the edge of the robe thick and soft, and a belt to fasten it closed. His pants changed to become a much deeper red than the crimson almost like still hot coals. And his boots had little change at all, instead simply vanishing entirely leaving him barefoot. However as he lightly pulled her through the fire her clothing changed.

The green corset and many coloured ruffled skirt fusing and becoming a long red dress*. The folds of the fabric hugging her figure from her neck along and down to her hips, then loosening and lengthening out to touch the ground lightly. However the fabric receded from her back until it reached the small of it then came together again. Her own shoes again vanishing leaving her barefoot.

“Welcome, to the room of flame.” He spoke softly his voice like soft music. The floor was covered in a thick but soft carpet that lead up the small staircase and into the actual room itself. He led her up slowly and by the hand. The staircase lead up to something akin to a lavish bedroom. With a small book case against one wall, two chairs sat either side of the book case. Upon the walls picture frames, filled with black blank canvases. The room’s peak came to that slow spiralling point, this was the apex of the spiral. Along the wall opposite the staircase stood a pair of glass doors that lead out onto a small balcony. Overlooking the sea of glowing grass and the ever present moon. Above in the centre of the spiral was a large hanging pillar that held a good foot above Alex’s head illuminating the room with a glow of what seemed to be frozen flame. Captured in time.

“This is my private place. An inner sanctum where I let virtually no-one. There has been one intruder in this place a time ago now. But as much as I recall the good I recall what they did to get expelled from here.” His had released hers. His hands despite the sheer amount of exertion they got were soft and smooth to the touch and radiating heat.

OOCI got permission from Lins to mess with her clothing

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 14th, 2016, 5:55 pm

¤

As they stepped through the flames she began to burn. Screaming as they passed through them. It obviously wasn't meant for another other than he to pass through. Then, as suddenly as it came her body began to cool as her clothing shifted into the elaborate red dress. She took a moment to consider it, finding it rather beautiful. She was glad to be barefoot though, shoes restricted her movement. Linie found herself standing on a soft carpet facing a staircase, wondering what lay within its depths. She held his hand tighter as they walked up the staircase, the previous burning sensation not forgotten. When they entered the room she was first struck by the blank pictures on the walls. It would seem he really didn't come in here much, no memories to hang on the walls. Truly he wasn't devoid of passion, he had it while he fought but perhaps he didn't recognise it. As he described earlier it was one of those emotions he tucked away. She sighed. It was rather warm in here, though the dress still kept her cool. Pleasant.

"You let no one here?"
Why were these emotions so closed off to him? He puzzled this as he let go of her hand, she thought he held it a bit too long and looked at him with a soft smile.
"Why were they... expelled as you be sayin'?"
She remembered the other two descriptors, "desire", "intensity", and thought for a moment before asking tentatively.
"Did they do you wrong?"
She knew what to love and to lose meant. Quite a few times she had to let go of a man for doing her wrong. Only once was she ever hit by a man and Buckeye took care of that. Not that she couldn't handle herself, but she knew that without letting him handle it she would be disrespecting him. He knew himself as her protector.

Then, she had an idea. She walked up to one of the blank canvases and placed her hand on it, focusing. She wondered if this was what it felt like to be a mage. Starting from her hand paint began to swell out, lapping and twisting in a rainbow of colors. She grunted as the last bit the painting was colored, this time it felt like she was forcing out a part of herself. When she removed her hand a peacock feather lay where her hand had been.*
The painting was crude, unpracticed but intense. True passion.
"Passion isn't supposed to be defined in lines and boxes, but freeform and just... let go. True beauty. It's something you feel for things you love."
She explained.

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 14th, 2016, 6:35 pm

Alex allowed her free roam of the room. Taking admittedly more pleasure than he probably should have in watching the sway of her hips and the motion of her back as she moved throughout the space. “I let no-one in here because it’s too easy to be hurt.” His words soft but an undercurrent of both sadness and fire lingered over them.

“I expelled them from here, not because they did me wrong. But because they did something that meant I had to let them go.” He stepped around his fingers running across the lacquered mahogany of the book case glancing down at the books. “I can’t say they’re gone entirely however I cannot have them here.” He turned his head watching her now. And watched as her fingers pressed into the blank canvas. The image curling up and out of her fingertips swirling and flicking into life as a single peacock feather opened itself onto the black silhouette behind it.

Her words were not lost on him. None were. However he stepped closer to her, has motions bold and powerful. “Passion is something that has to be free to be true. It has to be unfettered and unchained. And beauty in the things you love is simple in its desire. Yet complex in it’s implementation.” He stepped up in front of her now his height towering over her own. She wasn’t small but he still loomed. Not imposingly, but with a sense of lightness too him.

“I let no-one in because I’m scared I’ll lose them. I’m terrified at the thought of letting someone in only to have them ripped from my grasp.” He closed his eyes briefly as the loop of sigils he wore in reality appeared around his neck. “I lost my mother. Adoptive now I know but still my mother none the less. And ever since everything and everyone I’ve ever loved has left me. So I shut this place away. Locked it tight.” He glanced over his shoulder towards the blank canvas opposite the one she’s placed the peacock feather upon and the blackness began to fade and swirl.

“There is something worth placing in this space. At least a little.” As he finished speaking the black swirls formed into a face, and for a moment it almost became a mirror of the one who could see it straight on. And he held his back too it. Letting her linger on it a moment he slipped a finger beneath her chin tilting her head up lightly before kissing her fully and with a deep intensity. As he broke away he spoke.

“In this space. Those emotions I mentioned, are turned to their maximum for me at least.” He gave a soft smile and this time it was clear that the hollow façade wasn’t even remotely a thing. This was a genuine heartfelt smile, something he never wore in the real world, and by comparison his practised mask felt like a veil.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Spiral, Down or Up?

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 14th, 2016, 9:12 pm

¤

Feeling his eyes on her back made her nervous, but she hid it well. 'He's afraid of being hurt.'
Everything revolving around him had to do with pain. This was his focus. She wondered what a great burden it was to have the world upon your shoulders. And always so cryptic. She watched as he traced the bookcase, cornflower blue eyes in a piercing gaze. Listening to his words about passion she felt diminutive as he towered over her. She felt the same way with Buckeye, who was a bit taller than Alex, when he would step up to her she always felt just plain small. She looked up to him, studying his green eyes with no fear.
"Simple, yet complex."
She repeated. And agreed. Desire was a simple emotion to feel, but to act on those desires.... Unless you were acting with said passion most people would take into consideration how their actions would affect somebody. Those in the throws of love ruminating for days on their lover, thinking of scenarios and the times they had spent together.
"I be sorry you lost your mother."
'And everyone after that.' She didn't add.
"Desire and passion is a hard thing to be lockin' up. At least speakin' of me." The sigils she wore around his neck were fascinating, she reached out and grasped one without thinking, running her fingers on them.

She watched from around him as the painting came to life. It was her face. She blushed.
"Wait only a little? Well I never."
She teased. Then he kissed her. When their lips met she was filled with the same desire as he was in this place, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Entwining her fingers in his hair. When he broke away at first the kiss was to short, she looked at him for a moment with longing in her eyes before the dream's desire faded away. After that she was stunned and slapped him across the face, not hard, but enough to move his head a little.
"We've only just met. Now, I know you're cute but give a lady some courtesy!"
The smile though. That smile. Something about it was different. She reached out to touch his face again, expecting him to flinch. Instead of slapping him she lightly rested her hand on his face, gently caressing it.
'Oh petch.'
She kissed him again.

Hello...?

Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets