Completed From Snowy flat to Volcano.

[Alexander] Nemori's first day in the city of Illusions.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

From Snowy flat to Volcano.

Postby Nemori on December 18th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Nemori frowned as he questioned her words regarding Infilia’s music playing. Her message was not being conveyed. “Flute sings with Infilia, not with me. But her is not…as good..as others, still new when I listen. Singing is not good for me. I do like moo…muzeek? to listen.” She tested the few new words, struggled to get the pronunciation correct on them and trying to build them into the sentence properly. It was nice to be learning new words, a new conversation away from the ongoing threat to her people. It felt like everything else she did was shaped by that overarching fear, and for a moment it was nice to forget and talk about the girl who played a flute for her once or twice.

The conversation changed to her eyes and she moved to touch her face at the mention of them. They burst into orange orbs and a look of concern crossed her features.
“Blue is good for I, not all Vantha. All change. Bad is…” She stopped, realising she had no translation for the word. Before her move people she spoke to before rarely saw the lower moods she had, very few of them would have recognised the colors she had learned to associate with negative moods. ”Green” She pointed towards his shirt as she spoke the Vani word for the color. Waiting a moment to see if he would give her their word. “Gift of Morwen, hair too. Not Mark but same.” She fiddled a strand of her hair, starting to braid it together at the mention, something she had not found the time to do during her travels. A few strands were carefully wrapped over, forming the slowly wrapped knot. “What does yours gift you?” The question was not entirely innocent, if the city god was seeking her blood it helped to know what powers they bestowed upon their children.

Languages :
Common
Vani
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Words: 85286
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2016, 2:51 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 18th, 2016, 8:05 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

When she spoke again she corrected his words it wasn’t singing that she was bad at, it was the instrument. Praise mixed with criticism but enough that he knew what he was listening too. She had an understated admiration of her. A calmer tone also indicated that she was beginning to settle down. To deal with the problems that plagued her as of late. And he couldn’t help but give a small smirk when she mispronounced “music”. He took a second to interject.
“Music. But close enough.” He didn’t lose the fact that she seemed to be a lot calmer, better settled in this situation, with herself resting. Though the swift shift to orange wasn’t lost on him nor was the look of concern. His eyes didn’t miss a thing and his mind never forgot it. A dangerous combination in the wrong hands.

“So blue is good. And-” he reached a hand down to his shirt gripping the corner of the collar lightly. “Green, is bad? For you?” Alex nodded slowly as he listened to her speak about the other gift that Morwen gave her. And her people. Apparently her hair was included in that. So the soft sheen of green he’d seen cross her hair wasn’t a trick of the light. Her fingers moved to fiddle with her hair, and he kept thinking about what she meant when she said mark. Infilia didn’t have a mark upon her when he saw her. But the poster said about most Vantha being easily recognizable by the mark upon their person. Briefly snapped out of his thoughts by her words he didn’t lose the train of thought.

“None.” He said with a small solemnity. “I’m not blessed by any god. So no gifts.” He finished his last words with a small sigh. Everything he had he’s learnt himself or been forced to pick up though a difficult situation. “All I know and have, is my own doing.” He leant forward in his chair again a little further his deep jade green orbs meeting her now orange ones with a spark of curiosity that he didn’t need to shift colours to get across. “I heard Vantha have a Mark from their goddess. If I might ask. Where’s yours?” She was so covered from head to toe even without her coat on that he felt it simply easier to just approach the subject which she’d brought up.

Last edited by Alexander Faircroft on December 19th, 2016, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nemori on December 19th, 2016, 6:42 pm

The idea of not having a mark struck as bizarre to Nemori. She had always assumed that others were just in a discreet location like hers. Alex however seemed proud of his lack of blessing, did he not follow a god? Morwen had been ever present in Nemori’s life as she grew up, in all but winter. She had never had reason to doubt that she was a loved and blessed child of the goddess. For a moment she wondered what it would be like to not have that aspect of her life. Did others live without that feeling? Alex seemed to take pride in his lack of mark, it was partially that pride that she realised he had very limited understanding of their mark. Only those who pursued being loyal got impressive powers from their markings.

“My gift is… err... lower back” She hesitated, eyes shifting into grey as she tried to work out how to communicate the missing words. None of the movements she could think of would demonstrate the area clearly, and no words in her vocabulary matched. ”Wrong words. I will show you. Easying.” Purple eyes settled back into dark blue as she turned around. Her arms crossed to grab the sides of her shirt, lifting the back up enough to expose the snowflake tattoo settled above her tailbone. It was a simple mark, not overly decorated. Being a low level gift from Morwen.

Languages :
Common
Vani
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 19th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Taking a moment to think about what he’d said he realized that It might have been a little rude to ask that question. However he almost knew that he was over stepping a little when he asked got the response from her. Speaking of her gift and then she fell into Vani. His clear lack of understanding there was eventually going to get the better of him. He caught the look of confusion about how to communicate what she wanted, and the shift to that steely grey in her eyes.

However She said she’d show him. What that entailed yet he didn’t fully know However when she sat up and turned around eh got some sort of idea. Catching another glimpse at her eyes as they turned a darker blue than before. Her arms crossed behind her as she lifted the hem of her blue shirt higher. Not too high but enough to display the small snow flake that sat at the base of her back just above the line of her pants. Despite the fact he had no idea what the mark did he found himself studying it.

Leaning in further and closer trying to etch the design and shape into his mind and before he realized what he as doing he ran a finger softly over the mark. His rational was to see if it had a texture or a raised feeling too it. However no, instead all he felt was soft warm skin. However it was enough to let him know that these marks could be anything or anywhere. His mind falling back on the moving wave mark that adorned Linie. He left his fingers pressing lightly for a few seconds longer than he possibly should have before snapping his arm back and shifting back across the room a little.
“Sorry.” He spoke with a rather hurried but genuine apology. “I got…A little carried away. A little too close…” He held his hand sup in a disarming way but knew she’d probably turn to strike him somehow knowing his luck with situations like this.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nemori on December 20th, 2016, 12:37 pm

Nemori felt fingers lightly pressing against her back, tracing the outlines of her mark. She fought the initial shock and urge to jump forwards at the contact. Managing to steel herself against the unexpected contact. Alex’s fingers were cold against her back, but this was not surprising. He lacked her overheating from wandering the city and her protection from the cold that came from the very thing he was prodding. After a few ticks she felt him jump back suddenly, she assumed becoming aware of their contact for the first time. He apologised swiftly as he moved.

When she was certain he had moved away she pulled her shirt back down, shuffling back around to look at him once more. He was holding his hands up as he had when they first met, the disarming presence he eluded. For a moment this took her about, not expecting to be faced with it. Did he think she was going to attack him? The action was a little personal but not attack worthy.

“It is warmth, small… resistance… not know cold. I not very...big? Guards very big” She settled on continueing the conversation about the Gnosis rather than lingering on the slight touch.

Languages :
Common
Vani
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 20th, 2016, 3:39 pm

He braced. Prepped himself for that sharp stinging sensation that he knew rather well. Yet it never came, instead he found himself sitting there like a complete moron with his hands in the air. She simply carried on like nothing had happened. Speaking about the Gnosis. It gave her warmth? What was the word she slipped into Vani for? But then it twisted into for some strange reason into something about her size and the guards being rather large.

Still feeling the lingering warmth on his fingers. Which despite being warm for a human felt almost frigid next to the sheer amount of heat she gave off. “So…Your Mark gives you protection from the cold?” He paused a moment thinking back to the fake Avanthal in Alvadas. “Given where you live I can see how that would be very helpful.” He then shifted to sit back in the chair, pulling the loop of sigils he wore round his neck free. The vast array of woods and the fact it was on a simple leather loop was more than enough to hopefully clue Nemori into the fact Alex was at heart a very humble man. “As for you not being very big. That’s not a bad thing.” He gave a small warm smile before continuing. “As for the guards…I’m big enough and stupid enough to take them on. So you’ll be safe.”

He’d probably got the context of the situation completely wrong in almost every sense. But then again what was the correct sense? With her and Infilia’s Common so fragmented it was going to be a lot of conversations with him potentially getting a lot of things wrong. Still though as he sat there he pulled the loop from around his neck and offered to let Nem see it. Given the fact that most people were curious as heck when it came to him pulling the plethora of gods Icons out of his shirt.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nemori on December 20th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Nemori hesitated as Alex misunderstood her explanation off the guard’s more powerful markings. The language barrier was a nuisance. She wished that she could just explain it in Vani to him. After a moment she decided not to pursue it, the thing he had answered was comforting in its own right. Big and what was that word? She was not sure. It sounded like something he was proud off, she assume it was a positive thing and smile along with him. She wondered if he was right, the guards of the city would likely be strong and backed by the city god from what she could tell. It would be a force to be reckoned with.

Nemori watched Alex slowly take off a leather loop from around his neck and proffer it forwards. She accepted it. Several different types of wood were engraved with different symbols. This puzzled over how long it must have taken to collect, many of the different woods were types she had never seen, although she had not much experience with trees. Her fingers rubbed the tree shape made in a tinted green wood.

“Pretty. You made?” She looked up at Alex, pink eyes filled with curiosity. Her fingers slowly trailed along the tree shape. She swapped to another one

Languages :
Common
Vani
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on December 21st, 2016, 7:37 am

He spotted her slight confusion in her face as he spoke and knew he’d missed the context almost completely. Perhaps it was still something to do with the mark? But it was too late for that now he’d acted the fool and now he had to carry on with that point. However her slight amazement was clear to see on her face as he handed her the loop that usually hung around his neck. Eyes a vibrant and rather stark pink. Her words reached his ears at she trailed her fingertips across the sigils.

“Sadly no. It’s a memory. Something I was given. Each symbol on it, is a different god. I showed you so you could see Priskil, Sylir, and Yahal. Hope, Peace, and Protection. The three things I want to offer you.” His words calm slow and even. Yet with them lie an undercurrent of warmth that was lined with a mild sadness. Something that usually seeped from him whenever he looked at that necklace, along with the pride it carried.

“I wanted you to see. That, I’m honest in my reasoning. And clear in my desire. I want to give the Vantha, Hope. The hope of a better day. The feeling of peace, though the walls may be small. And protection, I’ll do everything I can to make sure that no harm comes.” He spoke with a resolution in his voice now that wasn’t there a tick ago. He meant his words and if she looked into his eyes she could see the clear spark of electricity that lie there. In the chair Alex shifted his position again now leaning forwards and intentionally looking Nemori directly in the eyes. So she could see if he was lying or not. “You’ll be safe here. I promise.” All he said as he held that look into her eyes.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nemori on December 22nd, 2016, 9:08 pm

A memory? She puzzled over the idea, glancing down once more. What did that mean? She understood the term gift, was it a synonym of that? She assumed as much, not wanting to interrupt him to ask. Her fingers slowly flicked through the different symbols, counts each. They were many. Someone had clearly put an effort into depicting so many of the gods and she wondered why they were each chosen to be represented. Some of them seemed obvious. Hope, protection were obvious things to gift to someone you cared about enough to craft such a thing.
Hope, peace and protection. Could those things really be maintained? She hoped that they would. The future was uncertain for her, all the Vantha and even for Morwen. Nemori found herself looking up at Alex once more as he spoke of wanting to bring those three properties to Vantha in the city. His green eyes seemed to fill with honesty, and she hoped she was observing that correctly. It felt strange interacting with someone whose eyes did not change. She rarely was able to interact with the traders for long or with a variety to their speech. The words were mixed and occasionally clouded to her, however she could work out the intention. He leaned forwards catching her eyes, deliberately.
“You’ll be safe here. I promise.” Alex spoke clearly, the words that which she had been forced to learn fast over the past few days. Nemori nodded slowly. She believed him, perhaps foolishly. Her fingers stopped on a dark wood with pale white edging that depicted some form of watchtower.
“Thank you. I think resting is good” She held the necklace of carvings forwards towards their owner. The tiredness she had been putting off starting to seep into her body.

Languages :
Common
Vani
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaleidoscope on March 5th, 2017, 5:59 pm

GRADES PENDING...

You need to fix your ledger and PM the storyteller before your grades can be awarded. Thank you! Image

Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office